• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knights of the Drowned Kingdom [HQ]

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
hey guys and gals ,im form the twilight heroes clan your allies and im here to wish you guys luck on your clan and if you guys need anything from us just ask away, feel free to go to our forum to discuss things about your clan and ours and if you guys need banners avatars or user bars go to my signature shop on that forum to request one ok? hope that we can have a long alliance with you ,till next time and take care.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Twilight_Heroes/index.php?act=idx
Are...you...SERIOUS?!?!? The Twilight Heroes?!?!? D@MN!

*grumbles*

Can't believe there's a clan with my name.

*grumbles some more*

Toon Link is not from Hyrule thus can not be a knight of the drowned kingdom, play Wind Waker, blah blah blah
*points and laughs*

If anybody reading this does not use Toon Link (and I'm sure I'm not the first one to say this), but YOU SHOULD!!

I agree.

His down+a midair smash is amazing, cause you can pogo off of enemies in order to hit them twice. also, if you practice enough, you can do this move multiple times in order to rack up damage on your opponent. Dark Toon Link looks really cool too.

Meh. Dark Toonie ain't that great IMO. Not nearly as good as Dark Link. Red for me. Red, green, retro, purple, blue, dark. That's the order I'll wear costumes in.

I don't see why so many people complain about how "oh, TL is a clone, lame," or something like that. a clone is when the character has the exact same moveset as the original character (like Young Link in Melee, with the exception of his fire arrows.) Toon Link has a much faster midair down+a attack, although his arrows move a lot slower than TP Link.

To tell you the truth, while not a clone, he's basically a Luigified clone...IMO.

So all-in-all, USE TOON LINK!!!
Definitely...

Hooray I am now a member! :D

Today is not a good day for me to Brawl sadly, as it's my boyfriend's birthday. However, after I get off of work tomorrow I will probably be on-line. Feel free to add my code and PM me with yours!

Last night I did a lot of random wi-fi battles, but those are not nearly as fun. ;) I am definitely trying to get a hang of the little guy. I'm not used to using so many aerials with Link, but I am getting used to that, since TL's are so good. In Melee the aerials had good priority but little damage, so they were mainly good for stopping your opponent from attacking you. This time, they can kill. :chuckle: The precision of the boomerang for TL in incredible, and it has decent stunning qualities. The bombs coupled with TL's speed, are also an excellent way to set up some awesome combos. More than anything, the projectiles can make for a good mind-game. My best friend plays as Zelda and we have had some amazing (and very close) battles!

I look forwards to seeing you all on wi-fi, as I have not had the opportunity to fight many TL's yet. For me, those can be the best learning experience of all.
Yeah...Toonie has some great airs...

Lucky! I haven't been able to find anyone in the "With Anyone" option, and very few of my friends are on when I am...

I've recently added everyone up to date completely!

I just recently got back from a tourny and it was close too ><. I rock TL and pit the whole way through. I made it to the semi finals and used TL till i dropped. I was placed in 4th, with no prize of course. First place was a Wolf ><. he spammed that **** gun of his. it was pretty annoying. I was the only TL to make it as far as I did. In my are, SoCal, a well known and great player with the name UBER was there. I almost beat him in my final round.
Good job! I congratulate you and cower in fear.

I have a friend who's afraid of me and my Toonie skills...he's banning Toonie at his house because I told him about the possibility of Toonie being banned in tourneys. (Which I heard from Dyce, so don't flame me.)

And no one else is allowed to call him Toonie. Unless you already did.

JK.

But seriously. No one.

And seriously Kabyk! You still haven't acknowledged my presence! I are hert!

Clink

Smash Cadet
haha thanks Hero. I really don't think that banning a character from tournies is a good thing to do. TL is a great characer over all, yes. I think that heir are some characters that are a bit more of a hassel rather that TL. People whine or complain about TL a lot and how he is either over powered or what now. Look at Wolf for instense, you can spam that **** gun and when you dodge all the bullets to get close he'll down-b and stun you. then F-Tilt or foward smash. it's kinda stupid.

I don't think TL will get banned, let alone other characters. it'll spoil the whole point all together. Tournyments are all about the competition and how good people are with certain characters. Banning characters is going too far. Stages and items are understandable. Even though Tl is a beast, he still has his downfalls, especially against certain characters and the player.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Welcome to all of the new members! I've added you all, so I look forward to meeting you online for Toon Link battles. I guess I should also mention I have an AIM, "Yukiwarashiii". X)

Yaya

Smash Champion
My FC is in my profile.

I was battling Hylian's Samus and I was just about to take his 2nd life and I still had 3.

He "mysteriously disconnects". :p

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
T.Hero, have you friended me yet on Brawl? I'm sure I added you and am just "Awaiting Registration" from you. You're the one ignoring me!!!

Yaya, Yuki, I'll get to your issues soon. Be patient guys.

Also, I apologize for not being able to test out these IM programs, I have, for the first time in a long time, become busy. I also am doing work over at my "competitive online clan forum" Play 2 Win. I will update all profiles as soon as possible.

EDIT: Ichida, I'm sorry, but I can't have internal conflict. Don't take it personally, I have nothing against you, but I've already stated in the initial Rules and Regulations, that other members cannot have any problems with incoming members.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm depressed. My Mr.Game and Watch is better than my Toon Link ..by a lot. I don't know what to do.
HAHA. Actually, G&W is not bad, not bad at all. It's really a surprise, but he fits well in with the new mechanics.

However, this is unacceptable. I thought it was implied, but your main character must be TL to be in the TL clan.

Choose your Fate!

Yaya

Smash Champion
Choose wisely, behind one door is our HQ.

Behind the other is a Oil Panic charged by 3 Fully Charged Pk Flashes to the face.

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
this clan is sad
come to fb3 I need to mm you and the oregon pr is dumb because ive been placing higher then players ranked over me for the past few month
I get harder brackets then them to

and mcs is the best in oregon at melee

Tahtah

Smash Apprentice
My brawl name is: Tahta
and i got an new fc too: 1289-8006-8282
so can you update your first post please? :)
and why is this clan dumb BC-Chris just because it ownz urs:)?

JakeTL

Smash Cadet
Yuki, all I know is that I can't use Sonic to save my life. O.o

Second, I'm going to "re-open" memberships for new members. However, I would like to point out to each of them, that this Clan is still a loose mish-mosh of Toon Link players, nothing more. There are some plans in the future for it, but who knows where they will lead.
I'm adding MIRN, Stelfe, JakeTL, and BattleChrist. Ichida, I'll deal with you later.

Kazu, I appreciate you getting AIM. I'm really busy at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to try any programs suggested for communication, but i hope to get around to it soon. And thanks for the FC.

EDIT: As all members should know, updates are posted at the top of the OP, on a semi-regular basis. Check them out!
Ok cool.. Ill get aim^^

Edit: And btw Chris, a reason??

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
okay fellow smash n00bs
since your wondering a "toon link clan" lol you guys are funny ( pointless )
second of all I'm BC

and I have been playing smash since MLG kicked off in 04( my friend CMIN made this account for me so I've been using it)

oh I don't think any of you guys are any good too and could probaly beat all of you when I'm sand bagging

question anyone

I mean people think I'm a big deal
hahaha

MIRN

Smash Cadet
Thank you to everyone who PM'ed me with their Brawl info and added me. I will add you all when I get home from work tonight, hope to see you sll then! :)

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
okay, i'm just curious: what is the point of having a "clan"? to me it just feels like you guys created a toon link thread, within the toon link board...but made it stupid by "assigning a leader" and "having ranks". like...i'm not saying it's a bad idea, because creating a good board community/having fun is good but it just feels weird to me=S.

Fawriel

Smash Master
okay, i'm just curious: what is the point of having a "clan"? to me it just feels like you guys created a toon link thread, within the toon link board...but made it stupid by "assigning a leader" and "having ranks". like...i'm not saying it's a bad idea, because creating a good board community/having fun is good but it just feels weird to me=S.
Time for a small history lesson.

A long, long time ago, there was a thread speculating about the moves "Wind Waker Link" could have in Brawl, but the people who gathered there after a while felt that the thread was inadequate as a support thread and the original poster left, so we decided to have a better support thread posted. After nobody really did much of anything, I went ahead and posted it myself, and people seemed to like the thread.
Some time down the road, Stryks started a small comic about character support clubs, and since he was one of Toon Link's supporters, he suggested that we give ourselves a name and make us an "official" club thing. I was made the leader because I made the first post and I had street cred or something, because apparently a club needs a leader. Didn't see a reason to decline.
Later came a name change after Stryks just kind of decided on "Warriors of the Wind" for himself, and we became the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom. Which is an awesome name.

The ranks were a suggestion mostly pushed by Lego, I think, who wanted to make the list of supporters more detailed in that respect to let people know who supported "Wind Waker Link" before "Toon Link" became popular due to brokenness or just plain availability. Due to business and laziness, I never really pulled it off, and retrospectively, it's kind of silly to have ranks in a debate thread anyway.
Then came the suggestion to have a clan, because people already had the game and there was no more point in speculation, and since I don't have the game and got less active in general due to that, I gave up my leadership position to Kabyk.

The point of the clan is to have our small band of fans and all the newcomers join in for some Brawlin', I guess. The leader is kind of a coordinator. As far as I know, the leaders of the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom never claimed to have some sort of power over the other members, they're just there for the stuff they need to do, because otherwise stuff won't get done.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
BC-Chris: Wtf? Why do suddenly have a problem with the clan? It's something we technically started out of boredom (the way I saw it at least).

Fawriel: Isn't sad that Lego started the ranks, but never shows up anymore coz of...uh...sudden problems?
Plus, I feel like I didn't do much to get the rank in Red Lions. Is it because out of all of us, I started getting people in the WW Link Moves thread?

Well, off to having fun with Toon Link again hahaha

Fawriel

Smash Master
You were one of the first and one of the most active from what I remember. I suppose that deserves some respect.

Tahtah

Smash Apprentice
it would be nice if everyone added each other friendcodes! So that we can always brawl online with friends!
I already did it!
I hope the rest of the clan does it too.
Maybe something to set on the first post updates!

Stimpy

Smash Apprentice
HAHA. Actually, G&W is not bad, not bad at all. It's really a surprise, but he fits well in with the new mechanics.

However, this is unacceptable. I thought it was implied, but your main character must be TL to be in the TL clan.

Choose your Fate!

Behind the other is a Oil Panic charged by 3 Fully Charged Pk Flashes to the face.

I'm just going to stick with my first love :p I'll keep Game and Watch under a blanket as a secondary :].

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
haha thanks Hero. I really don't think that banning a character from tournies is a good thing to do. TL is a great characer over all, yes. I think that heir are some characters that are a bit more of a hassel rather that TL. People whine or complain about TL a lot and how he is either over powered or what now. Look at Wolf for instense, you can spam that **** gun and when you dodge all the bullets to get close he'll down-b and stun you. then F-Tilt or foward smash. it's kinda stupid.

I don't think TL will get banned, let alone other characters. it'll spoil the whole point all together. Tournyments are all about the competition and how good people are with certain characters. Banning characters is going too far. Stages and items are understandable. Even though Tl is a beast, he still has his downfalls, especially against certain characters and the player.
Thanks what? Whatever it is, you're welcome...and I certainly hope he's never banned.

My FC is in my profile.

I was battling Hylian's Samus and I was just about to take his 2nd life and I still had 3.

He "mysteriously disconnects". :p
LOL.

T.Hero, have you friended me yet on Brawl? I'm sure I added you and am just "Awaiting Registration" from you. You're the one ignoring me!!!

Well, I mean you never announced that you got my FC. 'course, after that post I went and checked the first post and felt kinda dumb. :chuckle:

Yaya, Yuki, I'll get to your issues soon. Be patient guys.

Also, I apologize for not being able to test out these IM programs, I have, for the first time in a long time, become busy. I also am doing work over at my "competitive online clan forum" Play 2 Win. I will update all profiles as soon as possible.

EDIT: Ichida, I'm sorry, but I can't have internal conflict. Don't take it personally, I have nothing against you, but I've already stated in the initial Rules and Regulations, that other members cannot have any problems with incoming members.
That means Motsalogel can't join, right? Besides the whole "won't submit the stuff" issue.

ROFLBUZZCUT.

okay fellow smash n00bs
since your wondering a "toon link clan" lol you guys are funny ( pointless )
second of all I'm BC

and I have been playing smash since MLG kicked off in 04( my friend CMIN made this account for me so I've been using it)

oh I don't think any of you guys are any good too and could probaly beat all of you when I'm sand bagging

There's always gotta be one, hasn't there?

question anyone

Yeah...why are you spamming in our clan's thread?

I mean people think I'm a big deal
hahaha
I don't think you're a big deal. Frankly, I don't really care about you. hahaha

A long, long time ago, there was a thread speculating about the moves "Wind Waker Link" could have in Brawl, but the people who gathered there after a while felt that the thread was inadequate as a support thread and the original poster left, so we decided to have a better support thread posted. After nobody really did much of anything, I went ahead and posted it myself, and people seemed to like the thread.
Some time down the road, Stryks started a small comic about character support clubs, and since he was one of Toon Link's supporters, he suggested that we give ourselves a name and make us an "official" club thing. I was made the leader because I made the first post and I had street cred or something, because apparently a club needs a leader. Didn't see a reason to decline.
Later came a name change after Stryks just kind of decided on "Warriors of the Wind" for himself, and we became the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom. Which is an awesome name.

I agree. Kick@$$ name.

The ranks were a suggestion mostly pushed by Lego, I think, who wanted to make the list of supporters more detailed in that respect to let people know who supported "Wind Waker Link" before "Toon Link" became popular due to brokenness or just plain availability. Due to business and laziness, I never really pulled it off, and retrospectively, it's kind of silly to have ranks in a debate thread anyway.
Then came the suggestion to have a clan, because people already had the game and there was no more point in speculation, and since I don't have the game and got less active in general due to that, I gave up my leadership position to Kabyk.

Lego's Motsalogel, right? Funny how s/he wanted ranks and now s/he won't even post his/her FC, much less anything else, to join and rise above the lowest rank of "Puddlejumper."

The point of the clan is to have our small band of fans and all the newcomers join in for some Brawlin', I guess. The leader is kind of a coordinator. As far as I know, the leaders of the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom never claimed to have some sort of power over the other members, they're just there for the stuff they need to do, because otherwise stuff won't get done.
Argh...what was that about "small"?

Alright, I'm writing down all the Friend Codes of the members that are on the first page... So yeah, I'll be adding all your friend codes, and I wanted to let you know.

Oh, and I won't be very active on WiFi...
I'm gonna do that too. But I'll be more active.

Don't worry about it, the sentiment is mutual.
ROFL!

BC-Chris: Wtf? Why do suddenly have a problem with the clan? It's something we technically started out of boredom (the way I saw it at least).

LOL.

Fawriel: Isn't sad that Lego started the ranks, but never shows up anymore coz of...uh...sudden problems?
Plus, I feel like I didn't do much to get the rank in Red Lions. Is it because out of all of us, I started getting people in the WW Link Moves thread?

To answer your much earlier question, yes, I made the Wolf Link MS. Apparently, I was the only person in the entire world who liked the idea of Link transforming into Wolf Link.:psycho:

To answer your other question, what did you wanna do with that MS? I don't mind you using it (as long as it's not to humiliate me...;)), but I am curious as to what you want with it.

Which reminds me...I'm currently working on a Sakurai MS. I've decided his >B will be to throw a Brawl disc and his ^B will be a tether (Wiimote and Nunchuk). I'm thinking vB will be a move called "Bad Update" and his Final Smash will be "Delay Brawl." I still haven't decided his standards or his B. Anyone wanna help?

Well, off to having fun with Toon Link again hahaha
That sounds...incredibly wrong.

it would be nice if everyone added each other friendcodes! So that we can always brawl online with friends!
I already did it!
I hope the rest of the clan does it too.
Maybe something to set on the first post updates!
I'm gonna do it later.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
i didn't quote the whole thing, due to it's length. But thank you, i was mostly curious of how this all started. Because i completely stuck to the melee boards until Brawl came out, i was surprised about these clans popping up so i thought i would ask. Sounds like an interesting idea though. I see more of what you meant now though, thank you for clearing it up.

Tahtah

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to play you yesterday BC-Chris!!!!
You sad you wanted too.
but i gave you mine friendcode etc...
but you didn't gave me urs or is that because your scared :O?

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to play you yesterday BC-Chris!!!!
You sad you wanted too.
but i gave you mine friendcode etc...
but you didn't gave me urs or is that because your scared :O?
lol
im gonna try to play you tomorrow at my friends k
i think around 6pm because i wanna play offline matches with him and its up to him
i just have a cube,xbox,ps2 and xbox 360 say yeah just ****in wait:lick:

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
tahtah bro dont om me anymore k
ill pm you tomorrow and ill write down your fc k
and everyone esle stop ****ing pming me k
its ****ing annoying as ****

Top Bottom