• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KnightMare's Moving to Charlotte

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
Not like anyone cares but my name is KnightMare and i am a regular in the Tristate area melee and brawl scene. I am nothing special but i love to host tournies and I am a huge part of the community.

I am going to be moving to Charlotte, NC in the summer which is a while away yet but i dont know much of the NC, SC smashing Community. if you are a smasher from this reagion can u give me what the deal is around there and if you want tell me about yourself. When i get down there i will probably start hosting weeklies and such for brawl and melee as well as compete. I main MetaKnight, DDD, DK, Snake, and G@W. I also play everyone tho like pika, kirby, and even normal samus for my low tier tournies LMAO.

In melee i main shiek, samus, falcon, marth, falco. I still love this game and think it is far superior to brawl in terms of gameplay for competition. Also i am 20 years old and probably will be attending the community college down their or w.e. I know i need a job LOL but we will see as it gets closer.

Alright thats it ill see yall soon then. =)

BEHR

Smash Hero
BEHR I live in Greensboro which is 2 hours Away

You are in a good place for Brawl and Melee some of our best people live there so you would be good.

SC is mostly Brawl hardly any Melee down there

NC is Melee and Brawl sadly we get more Brawl entrants then Melee entrants but everybody agrees here that Melee is better.

and Welcome to Catfish Country we have lots of inside jokes and stuff.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
In Brawl you can expect to get 20-30 entrants for singles if you give adequate notice and probably around 10 teams (for some reason not many ppl do teams).

Melee will have about 6 less players than brawl per event. The amount it costs to get in makes a big difference.

We have a problem with getting TV's usually so if you have multiple thats awesome.

Also we spam the hell out of our threads :D

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
I live in Charlotte so hosting tournaments here would be amazing. I like melee but I think there will be a significantly bigger audience for brawl.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
ya guys i am a huge host and have a few tv's myself i am drunk right now and in charlotte for the weekend but ya thanx for the info. last tourny i hosted had 20 for melee and about 60 for brawl and about 10 setup so ya blahhh i am drunk

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Other people already kinda made it clear, but yeah, NC is split with Melee and Brawl players. Most of the people on the boards from here are Melee players, but there are some people who don't post around but will somehow show up to the Brawl tournaments whenever they happen.

I'm from CT/NY, and I've never really met anyone else from that area over here.

Oh yeah, play Melee.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
South Carolina is currently very desolete. All the activity going on right now is in Fort Mill at Gamer's Edge. Hopefully the sc scene will improve with time but for now we are very small.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
**** YEAH Someone in Charlotte that hosts tournaments! Oh god I love you...host tons and tons please

Jaqen

Smash Rookie
Pfft, speak for yourself... brawl is so much more fun than melee.

I live in Charlotte myself. What area specifically do ya live in? I'm near UNCC.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
ya guys i am a huge host and have a few tv's myself i am drunk right now and in charlotte for the weekend but ya thanx for the info. last tourny i hosted had 20 for melee and about 60 for brawl and about 10 setup so ya blahhh i am drunk
Drunk.

Brawl.

Charlotte.

We are going to become friends quite easily.

Foxy

Smash Master
we all love you and you will love all of us.

nc is actually an awesome smash area. it's also getting more active lately, we have like 3 tournaments or events coming up, and more people are starting to host (for example myself) so if you add to that then nc is going to get like socal.

AMAZING

also yeah everyone from nc loves melee, except for kiddies who don't use smashboards.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO WOMBO COMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *drunk* LOL at NC becoming soCal. ima take all yo money in NC

im da best mayyne i deeed it - eli porter

The Director

Smash Lord
KnightMare I live near Charlotte and I'm part of the GE crew. (even tho I haven't gone in like, 2 months lolololololol)

You should come to GE if you have the time on Thursdays...its like, 15 minutes from Charlotte. O, also I main DK too. We should do DK doubles LOLOLOLOLOL

Also Play N Trade hosts tournaments in Charlotte but they usually suck.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Free money tournies are awesome xD

Play to win, there is no shame in pounding on scrubs if money is involved ;)
But they're not money tourneys, they are store credit tourneys.

Which is kinda lame.

Knightmare, we need to imbibe many an alkyhall, and play Barlw.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
yes yes only time will will tell in the summer i will take this all into account. i went driving with my cousins today since i am in charlotte now and we are on the south east side of the city limits which is where i am lookin to move. there was a couple of places that i can see being nice venues. some good possibilities. also dk doubles is fun i am definitely down for that my dk eats ddd's for breakfast LOL dk is so much fun to play i played alot with bum so ya.

Also i was just asked to be in pheonix era along with snakeee, shado, eli, and alex strife. i got asked along as another smasher named godot who is one of the best metas in NY. so i will probably be in the PE crew for now atleast till i move. i love crew battles so ya hopefully the crews are as competitive as NY.

NY has.

SWAT - jman, blackanese, dj nintendo, anti, and more
TEAM SUPREMACY - Ninjalink, D1, Fab, etc...
PHEONIX ERA - Snakeee, shadow, eli, alex, (soon me), etc
DEADLY ALLIANCE - Wes, others i dont know off the top of my head

i havnt checked in a while but i am sure u all know them.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Carolina does not have crews.

we have NC

and we have SC.

and SC is comprised of 6 people standing around wondering where the chips are.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
There's a nice group of South Carolina Melee players, too bad most of them never get off their *** to do anything.

I don't know anything about any Brawl scene, I play a real game instead lol

edit : Charlotte is only like an hour away from here so maybe we can play sometime, Melee yumyum

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Why didn't anyone tell me about this guy???

Wassup man! I'm an hour from you, and rest assured, I'll be up to smash with you whether for tourney or fest sorta often.

Welcome to NC bro, and I can't wait to play you!

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
Why didn't anyone tell me about this guy???

Wassup man! I'm an hour from you, and rest assured, I'll be up to smash with you whether for tourney or fest sorta often.

Welcome to NC bro, and I can't wait to play you!
sup dr. PP i cant wait to smash with you too. unfortunately i aint comin till the summer but it wont be too long. i will host many melee tounies for you as well as brawl. hahaha I would love to have a friendly MM with you as well when i get there

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
We don't have any more crews though Lucas, except for Bro Love (the real thing) which is Gboro. YGO is pretty much inactive.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Im basically all thats left of ygo. Although i just played some new years eve smash with tc and the triforce. They will be in attnedence at the rocky mount tourney.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Im basically all thats left of ygo. Although i just played some new years eve smash with tc and the triforce. They will be in attnedence at the rocky mount tourney.
**** why am I missing everyone!?!?!

Bring them to PLURs for Melee.

I like this KnightMare guy. He's a bro.

PP- Bro Love's in Raleigh too.

Top Bottom