• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KneeBash: SW Indiana MELEE Crew. Combo Video on Youtube ('09 and Early '10 Clips)

ChiefManyFeet

Smash Rookie
No Cash. I went to Peoria the weekend before and PEEFs driveway lives in the 1940s so i got stuck in the snow at his place and had to pay $60 to get my car pulled out of the snow on wednesday.
Why didn't you wait for the snow to melt and save yourself $60? PEEF's house has many fine amenities. You could have lived comfortably there for a couple days and even save money by not purchasing food you would have eaten normally.

Basically you had an opportunity to increase your overall net worth and instead you lowered it by $60

Poor money management dear sir.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
biz came over to my house high a few weeks ago. Which i wouldn't care if I was any of you guys, but my stepdad is a Police Officer.

Plus he said all kinds of dumb ****.

He was arguing with me and PEEF about whether or not we should teach a guy WHO JUST PICKED UP MELEE waveshining. The guy was ok, he is pretty good at 64, but he didn't know how to tech or even know what DI was until we told him that night.

He got so butt hurt about it all that later that night while everyone was calm he randomly verbally attacked and harrassed PEEF saying his Ice Climbers are really gay because they chain grab. (lulz) And that all his characters play really gay and that he is gay.

:( (ten sadfaces)

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so, there's something I need to get off my chest that would be to long for a text message
So, a little background info, Reneblade and I had some "friendlies" today. It was completely fine, until he made it 4min FD only. I complained and he sent me a text message which, once I get Reneblade's permission, I can post here. Here are my 2 cents...
1. First of all, the part about "playing the scrubs at the tech center". I don't know where you got this silly idea. I don't bring a cube, nor a tv to school with me everyday. The only time I see them is at school. I only play them casually in SSB64 and overall the only time we ever refer to melee is through speech. So basically, what I'm getting from you, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that if there was someone in your classes who wanted to get better, you would say "no, I won't even give you pointers"? They're still learning, and it's much much harder to train someone when you don't even have a cube in front of you. Anyway, moving on.
2. No items, four minutes only, final destination. 'Nuff said.
3. So apparently I'm not trying to get better, even though I went to VGBootCamp and had a great time? I know you had money johns, but I could have had a million other johns as well. I had to really convince my dad to take me, even though he'd already be up there.
4. As you said, getting better is fun in your opinion, but what about my opinion? In my opinion, "fun" is meeting new people,and just playing the game without worrying about "OH! HE'S SPOT DODGE!!! I'M TWO FEET AWAY, SO INSTEAD OF DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT, I'MMA RAGE QUIT!!!". I'm sorry, but that's what I saw of tonight.

Now then, about my future in melee...
unlike my last "srs biz" post, I am NOT quiting melee, nor will I ever quit smash probably until something happens in my life and I move on. This is hardly the kind of thing to get me to quit, but I'm kinda tired of this "ALWAYS SERIOUS!!!! D=<" mentality in kneebash which has been here since day one. I know this post will probably just cause more drama anyway, but it's just gonna happen, right? So anyway, that's my 2 cents, and I hope never to play another 4 stock 4 min match on FD ever again.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
^^^ holy ****. I cant read that. Use indents or spacings plz.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
It was completely fine, until he made it 4min FD only.
because when i was winning and decided not to approach you like normal you just sat on the other side of the stage and spotdodged for ever or you just did nothing. Thats not fun for me, and if its fun for you, you should see a doctor.

1. First of all, the part about "playing the scrubs at the tech center".
I meant 64, cause i know thats what you play there, i didnt say anything about beating ur tech center friends in MELEE i said beat them.

So basically, what I'm getting from you, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that if there was someone in your classes who wanted to get better, you would say "no, I won't even give you pointers"?
I told you in my text that i would be MORE THAN WILLING to help you get better, and thats not the first time I've offered my help. The fact that you would accuse me of not wanting to help you or anyone else get better is a joke.

2. No items, four minutes only, final destination. 'Nuff said.
its your fault, and if you didn't like it you shouldve said something. I was just trying to beat the bad habits out of you.

3. So apparently I'm not trying to get better
thats exactly what I'm saying. Standing on one side of the stage for 45 seconds while were trying to play completely kills the momentum of a match and ruins it for everyone watching and the people playing. I don't care who wins our friendlies because they dont matter, I'm trying to try new things and learn, but you have your try hard pants on all the time and I still win (Thats irrelevant but it still proves my point somewhat)

4. As you said, getting better is fun in your opinion, but what about my opinion? In my opinion, "fun" is meeting new people,and just playing the game without worrying about "OH! HE'S SPOT DODGE!!! I'M TWO FEET AWAY, SO INSTEAD OF DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT, I'MMA RAGE QUIT!!!". I'm sorry, but that's what I saw of tonight.
I rage quit one time. And you dont meet new people by coming over to my house. which is why i said if all you want to do is spotdodge and never get better at the game, you need to get new friends, or atleast one new one, cause i don't have time for that bull****.

edit
heres the exact text message i sent to shonic last night (word for word)
"You need to decide what you want, if you want to get better(which is extremely fun) i will lay out a plan and do all i can to help, if you only wanna have fun and not get any better then you need to to stick to playing with ur tech center friends and just beat them forever. getting better is the best kind of fun in my opinion. you need to think seriously about what you want to do."

you guys dont need to get involved if you dont want to, this is between me and shonic, but feel free to give your input anyway. im pretty disapointed that something so simple got posted up here.

edit 2

heres my issues shonic.
You have gotten only marginally better in the past 6 months.

In friendlies (The outcomes dont count for anything.) Almost all of your game can be summed up in 3 sentences:
1. You sit in shield for alot of the match.
2. Regardless of if you are winning or not you will run to the edge of the stage and not move.
3. Regardless of if you are winning or not you will spotdodge forever, even if there is no-one attacking you.

You do gay **** that isnt neccessary, ALL THE TIME. Like for example when I falcon kick off the side of the stage/dropzone air when youre respawning, you just hog the ledge and I die...why?

Dart

Smash Lord
shonic!? how am i supposed to teach you to be a REALLY gay/good marth so you can pwn Renenoob if this stuff is going on. lets all just chill and let it go yeah? i want to teach someone to gay.

Dart

Smash Lord
Yo 1337, I'm learning Marf. Teach me.
you know i mistaked you for IHSB back in the day. i thought IHSB gained weight....then someone told me you were BunBun and right after that IHSB showed up and we both Lawled hard.
anyways, aight i will at SMYM11

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Ouch, sounds like someones hurt over a game. Just relax and enjoy the game, k?
OK, let me throw in some general info.

1: Shonic does very well against Evansville players (including taking the occasional match off of me).

2: Shonic does really bad things.

3: We tell Shonic that the sh*t he does will not work outside of Evansville.

4: Shonic and PEEF go to VGBootCamp.

5: Shonic gets 5th in his pool of 6, and just does really bad overall. PEEF gets 2nd seed and places 9th overall.

6: Shonic STILL DOESN'T LISTEN TO US (Reneblade at least).

Reneblade has a weird mentality. At first he just doesn't want to play what isn't fun, (like my ice climbers) but then he realizes that if it helps him, he will do it. (Now agrees to play my ice climbers). However, we have proven time and time again that playing against Shonic is WORTHLESS because he isn't good at anything other than Fsmash and shieldgrab, therefore if he refuses to listen to us and get better we kinda have no need to tailor to his bs.

The reason Evansville is so serious is that we have no spectacular players, or even (until very recently) players who could make it out of pools at regionals. I give Evansville 50/50 chance of advancing anyone out of SMYM pools. That means we need to work harder, try harder, care more, bodybag not sandbag, put stresses on eachother, challenge eachother, critique eachother, piss eachother off, just overall make the game "not fun" sometimes for the sake of advancing our skill.

The rigors of playing catchup in a region playing catchup.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i only wanna get better, im only trying to associate myself with ppl who wanna get better. And i find getting better to be the most fun way of playing melee (I.E. i enjoy playing it) . Playing with shonic who is worse than I and doesnt wanna get better is not fun for me.

So its as simple as what I said, tell me or us what you want from melee so we can decide whether or not to invite you when we play. (by we i mean those of us who want to get better and advance our own metagame)

shonic feel free to keep making terrible attempts at poking fun at me and making yourself look silly in the process. youre only proving my point about you playing like a douchebag.

and peef you give shonic too much credit. I think when we ended our session last night i had like 150 KOs and he had like 70 or 80, he doesnt even take many matches off me anymore.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
. I think when we ended our session last night i had like 150 KOs and he had like 70 or 80, he doesnt even take many matches off me anymore.
This coming from the guy who said "I don't care about winning friendlies". Go ahead, don't invite me. Just remember that I didn't quit, and I WILL be going to SMYM, whether you give me a ride or not. Wiggins, I await seeing you again.

Quickedit: In case you guys haven't already noticed, "Kneebash" is slowly dieing. I doubt you can even call you guys a group anymore because so small. I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, but you guys seriously need to look before kneebash falls altogether.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
PEEF and I will forever carry the legacy, and Amba as long as he keeps playing. And Wiggins will always have a little KB in him.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
PEEF and I will forever carry the legacy, and Amba as long as he keeps playing. And Wiggins will always have a little KB in him.
So basically, you're disowning me now. Why now? I'm the same person you've known forever, but if that's the way you want it, I will go with Biz. Just remember, you guys did this, not me. Farwell until SMYM11.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Kneebash isn't dying, as evidenced by my increasing tournament performance, Reneblade and Amba now attending tournaments and getting better, and the induction of CJ, who might I add is quite good. Instead, Kneebash is getting rid of the people who aren't interested in getting better at the game.

Many if not most Melee crews consist of 4-5 honestly determined members. Let me introduce you to PEEF, Reneblade, Amba, and Chaos Juggler.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Kneebash isn't dying, as evidenced by my increasing tournament performance, Reneblade and Amba now attending tournaments and getting better, and the induction of CJ, who might I add is quite good. Instead, Kneebash is getting rid of the people who aren't interested in getting better at the game.

Many if not most Melee crews consist of 4-5 honestly determined members. Let me introduce you to PEEF, Reneblade, Amba, and Chaos Juggler.
Very well...
I will see you all at SMYM11, and I hope it is all, including CJ and amba.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I don't mind playing people worse than me because it helps both me and him. I get practice with tech skill etc. without getting bored and he gets higher experience gameplay.

Btw, Shonic, don't main marth. Shonic is derived from Sonic that fastest character in brawl, right? So you gotta play the fastest character in the game. Falcon =). Its fun

PS: Row row, fight the drama. End it now plz =(

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm posting from my iPod right now. So I get a call from shonic saying he's pissed off about this stuff, and the first thing that comes to mind is "What in the f uck." everybody up there just needs to calm their shi t, this includes all of you. Peef, Chris, Shonic. Yall are friends and you're letting a game get in the way of your friendship. I got my days off approved today so I'm definitely gonna be coming up no matter what. But I'm goin to be severely pissed the f uck off if I come up just to be in the middle of this drama. First its matt now it's shonic. The Matt situation is reasonable, butt this is just stupid. I haven't been there in almost six months. I'm looking forward to having a good old fashioned smash fest/kneebash weekly and I will be d amned if that doesn't happen. This is completely serious on my part. I'm gonna be very VERY pissed off. But that's all I wanted to say.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
no commentgg

yea, there's really no reason to create all this drama. Play and have fun.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I hate to jump in or anything, but yeah...forgot the cool thing I was going to follow that up with so here the **** we go!

First off, I can SORT OF understand where Reneblade is coming from in some aspects. Standing at the edge and doing nothing and spot dodging with no reason is unnecessary and really should not be done because it SHOULD be unenjoyable by both parties anyways. I'd rather you jump in with a fair and get punished and learn your **** lesson and go from there than just sitting their with your thumb up your *** doing nothing. Hell, it's annoying seeing Josh ledge camp with Marth for like 3 second lol, I can't begin to fathom how royally annoyed Chris must be when you do that. Game or not, you should by now understand Chris/Peef/whomever else's intentions, and that is getting better while still having fun with their friends. Just don't afraid of anything, kay? They are willing to teach you if you are willing to learn.

Now, Chris and Peef, your remarks are rather harsh I'd say. If I'm understanding correctly, Shonic is your guy's only Marth main. He's the only link(lolpun) you guys have to not getting your ***** reamed by Josh in tourneys >=P, don't talk him down until he's gone. You gots to learn the matchup manggggz! Nuff said? It is for now because I lost my track of thought again because I had to change the song because Kiss Me Through the Phone came on.

Now guys, I expect some bromance from this little ****ing episode or I'm not going to be pleased. Seeing petty arguments like these make me glad that I have a group of friends that are all friendly to one another and are willing to help each other's advancement in the metagame. Josh used to(and still does to some of us *COUGH* ME *COUGH*) make snide remarks whenever he'd fool someone or just in general do some gay Marth ****, and Rashad wasn't going to stand for that jazz. Let Josh know the rules right then and there, and if Josh didn't like it, he'd have to gtfo I guess. Same basic concept should be used for you guys. If Shonic isn't going to actually try in matches and just **** around, maybe it is better that he doesn't play with you guys so that time isn't just wasted and the people who actually want to get better get to play more matches that night. Peef makes a hella good point, the Midwest is suffering enough already trying to get some recognized players, we don't need people ****ing around and being pool meat so Anthony gets out of pools at SMYM again =P

Wiggins

Smash Ace
yes, that too. quit being so harsh.... cmon guys. everybody has always been so harsh on him. and its always bugged me. sometimes i was harsh on him too. i'll admit it. but just calm down sometimes.

shonic, though i feel for you in this situation you have always had a tendency to do stuff like this. im not bashing on you, im just saying that they do have reasons for getting angry and they are undeniably(sp?) just in their anger or whatever.

but that doesn't mean that the harshness should be there.

Matt: If what i read was true then you are responsible. That doesn't mean that I think you're a ****ty person, that just means you owe everyone an apology who was there. If you check my last post you'll see how mad ill be if you're not present for any of this.

just more stuff that comes to mind. posted from my ps3. thats why it's so grammatically incorrect.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Peoria: LOL stop being our parents. You don't even know anyone except Rene and I. Also, nothing about Shonic helps us beat good people. It honestly makes me worse at the matchup.

Wiggins: I wish Biz would come back. He was getting really good.

It really isn't that big of a deal, because Shonic never really was considered one of the people that wanted to learn. Shonic always just played with us. He does not improve, and doesn't practice. Now that we are better, and he still only shieldgrabs, its just time to have him get better or we won't invite him, IT WON'T HURT US.

And Rene and I play enough marth to fend for ourselves in that matchup.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Ok, fair enough I guess.

Well how about this?

Shonic, tell me now, are you willing to stop doing these things that piss everyone off? Are you willing to listen to what everyone says? If you're willing to learn and get better then everyone WILL give you another chance. If you say yes then DONT listen and learn anything else then that's on you, ok? I will have no sympathy for you. And that's just me being honest. I'd like for you to keep playing and I told you that before I left.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
we don't need people ****ing around and being pool meat so Anthony gets out of pools at SMYM again =P
i lol'ed

This needs input from the best player around, Dart, where you at?

this is the last thing im going to say on the topic because I will have made all my points on the topic.

I want KB to be as large a group of skilled people as it can. That is to say I WANT SHONIC IN, BUT ONLY IF HE GIVES A **** ABOUT SOMEONE OTHER THAN HIMSELF.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Peoria: LOL stop being our parents. You don't even know anyone except Rene and I. Also, nothing about Shonic helps us beat good people. It honestly makes me worse at the matchup.

well, I don't want u guys to separate like in SMYM10 and bail out on the crew battle again.

Dart

Smash Lord
Now guys, I expect some bromance from this little ****ing episode or I'm not going to be pleased. Seeing petty arguments like these make me glad that I have a group of friends that are all friendly to one another and are willing to help each other's advancement in the metagame. Josh used to(and still does to some of us *COUGH* ME *COUGH*) make snide remarks whenever he'd fool someone or just in general do some gay Marth ****, and Rashad wasn't going to stand for that jazz. Let Josh know the rules right then and there, and if Josh didn't like it, he'd have to gtfo I guess. Same basic concept should be used for you guys. If Shonic isn't going to actually try in matches and just **** around, maybe it is better that he doesn't play with you guys so that time isn't just wasted and the people who actually want to get better get to play more matches that night. Peef makes a hella good point, the Midwest is suffering enough already trying to get some recognized players, we don't need people ****ing around and being pool meat so Anthony gets out of pools at SMYM again =P
for the record...i wasn't saying "snide remarks" when you say "****" after you do infact **** in a match, i don't see how its snide, but i did end up beating him ALOT and he got pissed.

Bottom line, Don't make IBPI angry, you won't like him when hes angry. *coughHulkSMASHcough*

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
I want KB to be as large a group of skilled people as it can. That is to say I WANT SHONIC IN, BUT ONLY IF HE GIVES A **** ABOUT SOMEONE OTHER THAN HIMSELF.
I must apologize. I kinda raged a bit more than necisary(It was mainly the fact about 4 mins that bugged me. Now, 6 mins would have been fine in my opinion. Again, I'm sorry I raged, it was kinda over everything that's been happening over the past year(I remember it all very clearly...), so I'm sorry. It feels good getting it out of my system though. I do practice, although probably not as much as you and PEEF. I have a lot in my life ATM, and probably will till summerish. Again, I'm sorry, and wish to remain friends. I have always respected you, PEEF, Matt, Wiggins... Pretty much everyone of the Kneebash crew as Brothers, and wish to remain that way.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Shonic was in my pool at VGbootCamp and I thought he was a smart player. He can read and knows what is going on, he just lacks the tech skill to implement what he wants to do. I'll give you(Shonic) the best marth advice ever given to me, from sveet, from vro

--when you wanna fsmash, dtilt instead

I think you are like some Purdue players who are about to get alot better once they learn some tech stuff, but you play alot of people and know alot about the game.

Top Bottom