• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KneeBash: SW Indiana MELEE Crew. Combo Video on Youtube ('09 and Early '10 Clips)

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
BTW, the little "****ing out of a money match" was for two reasons
The first(Non-legit) reason was because my mom doesn't want me to in the first place(Major John, FTL)
The second(Legit) reason was that my mom had already said that you guys needed to be out by midnight it was 12:30 AM

No Johns,
Counter Picks only,
uh... Final Destination?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Apparently Chris thinks im abrasive =P kbye i guess.

Haha, yeah Shonic you can pick it vs BunBun if he came here.

Anubis, I think that CP's like Pokefloats take away from the game. Some disagree, but it's fine, I'll learn to live with it.

Next week hopefully Jekyll will be able to make it down again. We will come home with the ILMBBS trophy =]

BunBun

Smash Master
I will. Does that mean I can choose MKII again? =D
I don't really count it as a banned stage, but sure. Just know that I <3 Big Blue, Icicle Mountain and Onett.

Anubis, I think that CP's like Pokefloats take away from the game. Some disagree, but it's fine, I'll learn to live with it.
Some people agree with that. Others think it adds variety (of course fox is still a cunt ), and makes sets more interesting.

Honestly though, it's balanced enough for the jank not to be bad. For a person to win a set, they have to win either the random or your counterpick, so it's not completely stage dependent as far as winning goes. For instance, Shonic beat you on the random, and then you both played to your counterpicks. If he hadn't won the random, he wouldn't have won the set.
And since random == neutral (or as close as possible), that solves any unfair stage issues. (though it blows to random DL against Samus...)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I don't really count it as a banned stage, but sure. Just know that I <3 Big Blue, Icicle Mountain and Onett.

Some people agree with that. Others think it adds variety (of course fox is still a cunt ), and makes sets more interesting.

Honestly though, it's balanced enough for the jank not to be bad. For a person to win a set, they have to win either the random or your counterpick, so it's not completely stage dependent as far as winning goes. For instance, Shonic beat you on the random, and then you both played to your counterpicks. If he hadn't won the random, he wouldn't have won the set.
And since random == neutral (or as close as possible), that solves any unfair stage issues. (though it blows to random DL against Samus...)
But that's the thing, he didn't beat me on the random. I won the random of FD. He beat me on my CP of Kongo Jungle after CPing MK2 and then finally CPing Pokefloats.

If it were up to me it would be neutrals only and about 4 fairly neutral CP maps. I can sacrifice variety for more skill based play. Skill meaning there is nothing to distract our play besides eachother.

BunBun

Smash Master
He beat you on your counterpick, though. If you didn't want to play a stage with jank, you shouldn't have chosen it.

And there aren't fairly neutral CP maps. If you took out some CP maps, you screw characters that had advantages on those stages and disadvantages on the other stages.

Also, as a player in your own tournament, you shouldn't be the sole person deciding what is banned and what isn't.

Obviously, you'll look like a huge tool if you ban a stage immediately after losing on it. Just sayin'.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Haha. Well it was banned up until last week when someone asked me if it was banned, and I didnt know so I said they could play on it because I remember it being viable at SMYM9. During the following week I saw it was banned at SMYM10 and I.L.M.B.B.S. (the 2 tournaments coming up that KB is going to) so I realized it should be banned. He CPed it on me and I had forgot to tell him it was banned so I just played there. I don't decide things on my own. I have a lovely panel to consult =]

Please come to one of these...

Wiggins

Smash Ace

PEEF!

Smash Hero
mad good.

Anubis Ness> PEEF Falco

PEEF Falcon> Anubis Ness

Anybodys IC's> PEEF Anycharacter =[[[[[

Anubis you actually got legitimately good. You were just terrible and rolled and shieldgrabbed. Now you dont roll as much and powershield grab hahahaha. That was some phucked up ****. 2 of your kills on my falco were powershield>grab backthrow. Crazy. Good stuff though.

Jayford

Smash Lord
mad good.

Anubis Ness> PEEF Falco

PEEF Falcon> Anubis Ness

Anybodys IC's> PEEF Anycharacter =[[[[[

Anubis you actually got legitimately good. You were just terrible and rolled and shieldgrabbed. Now you dont roll as much and powershield grab hahahaha. That was some phucked up ****. 2 of your kills on my falco were powershield>grab backthrow. Crazy. Good stuff though.

Good matches <3

Your Falcon rolled my Ness LOL. I have no idea on how the match up works XD. Ness is my Falco /Fox counter lol. Your Falcon is good tho >.>. We'll have to play some friendless at SMYM 10.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah of course. My Falcon is better against floaties, and my falco is better against fastfallers. I want my Falco to just be overall better but the Falcon is staying in my life. We will see how the toxic relationship plays out.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, this (probably) marks the end of a long road for me.
I'm quitting competitive smash(Yes, this means I won't be taking up Brawl, Reneblade >_>). It's been long and usually fun, but unfortunately, now it's become to much drama. I would now like to take a few moments to thank everyone for impacting my life in such a way.

PEEF, if it hadn't been for you, I would have never gotten into competitive smash, and never have gone down this road. You've also been an awesome guy to smash with whom has always been better than me since day 1.

Wiggins, you are an overall awesome guy. You're funny, you're nice, and you are better than me at Guitar Hero(Soon to be Smash after I leave).

Matt, thank you for hosting at your house most of the nights(Same to PEEF). You are also nice, and a cool guy.

Reneblade, you were an awesome friend. I will miss the old friend that I had, but I get the feeling he isn't coming back. Still, the old Reneblade must be in you somewhere, so to the old Reneblade, thanks for being my friend.

Jekyll, you are an amazing smasher. You also have a good sense of humor, and understand my random references.

To Anubis and Bun-Bun, thank you for supporting me whenever PEEF was johning about janky stages. I wish we could have spent more time to become friends, by, alas, Reneblade wants me gone, and he shall get his wish.

To anyone from SMYM10 that I may have met that is reading this, as I said above, I wish we could have spent more time to become friends.

So with this final note, I bid you all audeu. I may every once and a while come over for a quick melee match or two, however it shall not be my main concern. I'm tired of this drama, and I will have no more part in it. And wiggins, you can not change my mind. Only I can, and while it pains me to say so, Goodbye everyone.

~Shonic. 8/01/09 8:52 PM.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Haha, good ole KneeBash drama. Let me sum it up and make some updates:

Shonic has no techskill but has a great mind for the game. Because of him I beast all over some good Marths. And he isn't quitting anymore.

Wiggins has great techskill but does not yet have the mind for the game.

Reneblade is causing alot of BS and needs to go on chill mode.

Matt aka Biz aka BiznessTime aka DaBizWiz aka DaBizzyBee has improving techskill and improving mindgames. He is adapting my exact playstyle and plays exactly like me... and it is scary. He does everything I do besides waveshine, and is improving freakishly well.

Jekyll might as well not even be in KB. He never comes down for us anymore, and left me partnerless at SMYM last minute. HE ALSO IS POWER RANKED NUMBER 4 IN INDIANA...IN BRAWL....Need I say more? I will. He told me that he would help me continue to get better as long as I didn't give up. I haven't gave up and he is just never here to play me, and I cannot get in contact with him for the life of me so I can't get better as fast now. =[

PEEF is getting alot better at this game, investing more and more time, and would be able to do something with it if the one KB member better than him (Jekyll) would actually come play him once and awhile.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
LOL

You left out the part where Jekyll's too chill to gravitate towards drama/negativity, which makes it completely against his nature to be part of KB when, at times, it's nothing but drama.

You also forgot the bit about how in an attempt to keep his promise, Jekyll continued to make a 4.5+ hour round trip drive to play with PEEF:
even when there was nobody to ride/share gas money with...
even when he got home after 5AM and had an early class the next day...
even when he has two grandfathers with iffy (at best) health that he could be visiting...
even when PEEF couldn't control his temper and actually make his trip worth it by trying to learn rather than QQ about losing...

And that's not including the **** that's happened in the past few weeks that I haven't been going to KB.

If you can't trust that I'm doing what I NEED to be doing, then ask about it(You DO know how to use PMs/Facebook). And if you can't ask about it then don't even start to talk **** about it because there's no quicker way to piss me off than to talk/joke/be a **** about things that you know nothing about.

And to the person that I specifically told "I'm not going to let this drama **** stop me from coming to help you guys," I'm sorry I'm so busy with fixing my life. I'll be back whenever I can, assuming I'm not "KneeBanned" for refusing to bend over and take it.

ice-

Smash Journeyman
LOL

You left out the part where Jekyll's too chill to gravitate towards drama/negativity, which makes it completely against his nature to be part of KB when, at times, it's nothing but drama.

You also forgot the bit about how in an attempt to keep his promise, Jekyll continued to make a 4.5+ hour round trip drive to play with PEEF:
even when he has two grandfathers with iffy (at best) health that he could be visiting...
even when PEEF couldn't control his temper and actually make his trip worth it by trying to learn rather than QQ about losing...

And that's not including the **** that's happened in the past few weeks that I haven't been going to KB.

If you can't trust that I'm doing what I NEED to be doing, then ask about it(You DO know how to use PMs/Facebook). And if you can't ask about it then don't even start to talk **** about it because there's no quicker way to piss me off than to talk/joke/be a **** about things that you know nothing about.

And to the person that I specifically told "I'm not going to let this drama **** stop me from coming to help you guys," I'm sorry I'm so busy with fixing my life. I'll be back whenever I can, assuming I'm not "KneeBanned" for refusing to bend over and take it.
holy ****

you pissed off terry

o_0

BunBun

Smash Master
LOL

Ditch them and drive up to see us instead =D

* Them = Evansville, not relatives

Wiggins

Smash Ace
D:

Oh no! You pissed Jekyll off. Dude. Week, Spencer. Very week.

On a serious note, Jek. I'm leaving next month. I'm going back to Louisiana and it'd be cool to hang out and play one more time before I left.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
You know I was joking. My post was meant to get you to respond because I have no way of getting ahold of you. I was expecting a "=P" and a method that I can use to talk to you.

We have never talked through Facebook, and PM's are like...once every 3 day response communication both ways. You know that...

Apparently I'm a total *** and not worth anyone's time/not even fun to play games with. I was just trying to kid and get you to talk. I respect your family, your life, and I know games arent at the top. You know I know that. I figured you would talk to me and see if I was being serious before you destroy me. We have talked about misunderstanding eachothers sarcasm before.

Edit: All I did was QQ and not try to get better? I'd say I heald up quite well for getting 3 stocked every match. IDK man, I had no idea you secretly thought I was a total loser =/

Jekyll

Smash Ace
On a serious note, Jek. I'm leaving next month. I'm going back to Louisiana and it'd be cool to hang out and play one more time before I left.
Yea, we'll have to smash it up sometime before you go back to the diRRty.

PeeF said:
badkid talk
There are better ways to get me to talk, and you know it.

It's cool. Just relax your sphincter and chill a bit when you're posting something, though.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
LOL @ badkid talk.

We should edit these posts. No need for KB sadness. When do you wanna play again?

PS: The entire crew is HAPPILY assembled at eBash right now. I work here now haha it's wierd.

Top Bottom