• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KMYM 3--Reflex IS coming and is somewhat famous and Ripple plays Sheik so come!

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, DBZ is like evolution. A lot of awesome **** happens, but it takes ****ING FOREVER.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Couple of questions. Will a decent amount of people be going to this?

Also, could someone coming to this from St. Louis house me for a few days, either the few days leading up to the event or a few days after? I'm a good house guest. :x

BPx

Smash Lord
Couple of questions. Will a decent amount of people be going to this?

Also, could someone coming to this from St. Louis house me for a few days, either the few days leading up to the event or a few days after? I'm a good house guest. :x
holy **** yes

and I'll house in Iowa before/after, its about the same distance away, if you need

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
dibs on teaming with reflex if I can go

Cook

Smash Master
@Greg: Yes!

@Reflex: Dunno about the turnout. The first one had like 60 people, but the second only had like 30. I'm guessing this one will also be around 30. As for housing, you could stay at my place in Columbia if you wanted to, but you'd probably be pretty bored a lot of the time, lol. Otherwise, I'm guessing people could shuffle you around in Stl. David Nicole? Jordan?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm looking to try and go to tournaments in various places, if only to improve. I don't have a lot of money, so I was looking for the cheapest flights available. Birmingham to St. Louis, getting there on the 13th and leaving on the 17th wouldn't be so bad. I'd just need someone to get me from there and take me back. I'd be happy to help with gas and I'd feed myself, of course. I'd just need an estimate of how much gas would be, basically.

I have books and a DS; boredom won't be an issue. :)

Cook

Smash Master
Well, I will see if someone from Stl will house you. I'm guessing someone will, since it will just be Thursday night and Sunday night, but if not I can pick you up from the airport on Thursday because I have no class on Friday anyway. I'm sure there could be a Smashfest Thursday night somewhere in Stl, then we'd drive back to Columbia that night and head to Kahoka on Friday. If that's what happens gas would be like $25-$30. If you get to stay with someone in Stl, which is probably more likely, then gas should be like $10-$15.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
andrew, you may want to add to the thread title that Reflex is attending

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm not sure what the odds are that non-mrm Nebraska folk will want to come, but I may just have to ride up to DM again like last time...lol@ fixing my car.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Reflex, I posted this in the STL thread, but you might be able to stay with me. I'll talk to my roommates and let you know, and we have an extra room.

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Also, the great deals I got on flying end on Thursday, so I'd need a confirmation about housing by that afternoon.

I know this sudden and pushing it, so I'm not terribly hopeful about it, but I would really enjoy to go out of state, learn from new people, and to lose with gimmicky characters, hah.
Just figured I'd post this here, too.

Cook

Smash Master
What do you guys think about this for a side event: draft doubles.

Whoever gets last place in singles gets first choice for their partner, and you just work your way up until everyone has been picked. For tied placements (like people who all got 25th) they will all just draw a card and pick in order of the cards they get, or some similar tiebreaker. Sounds fun???

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
**** doubles anything. brawl-, low tier, mid tier, falcon dittos are more entertaining than anything doubles related

with that said, reflex, you want to team?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Okay so if you guys just wanna make this easy and sign up for your Yellow Cards now just PM me. Kthx.

:yeahboi:
I look at it as such: If people get bracket ***** they lose $, but if it happens here, they have a chance to make their day right.

Also, I agree, MI think they can party but a certain 4 a.m. phone call says otherwise. Gotta come prove it. Go Lions!

Cook

Smash Master
I mean, if people sandbag in singles bracket just to have an advantage in the SIDE TOURNAMENT... lol. More power to 'em. But I'm pretty curious about how the results would turn out. Like, will MJG plus SolidusSnake1989 beat two mid-level players? I really don't know. When Atomsk teamed with Rob at Joker's they only got 3rd, so I have the feeling the teams wit two average players will beat the teams with one good player and one not so good player, but TIME WILL TELL.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Man, if I teamed with Atomsk now at Jokers.......We could probably win going double Wolf. And to be fair, we lost because Joker killed us both with a C4 after he died (for like 30 seconds!) during our 2-1 on Razor. And Nicole just straight ****ed me up that day in teams.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I bit the bullet and bought plane tickets (as well as a used car!) in the last hour. My checking account hurts, but, I am confirmed for this.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What do you guys think about this for a side event: draft doubles.

Whoever gets last place in singles gets first choice for their partner, and you just work your way up until everyone has been picked. For tied placements (like people who all got 25th) they will all just draw a card and pick in order of the cards they get, or some similar tiebreaker. Sounds fun???
I think this idea makes sense. Sounds fun to me.

Top Bottom