• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kittens versus Domo-kuns - Game over, who won?

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
But not only does this imply that Gord is definitely town (despite having 4 votes on him) it implies that we haven't had adequate chances so far to figure out his alignment. I said I'd wait for the claim if he hasn't made it by morning. We're 10 pages in, you can't really say we haven't enough chances to get a good idea of his alignment.
And before you baww about how we're not sure, no ****. You can never be absolutely certain of someone's alignment.
no it doesn't you ..

i'm gonna get a nice 8 hours of sleep and deal with this tomorrow, when i'm less tired and more capable of posting effectively.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Smoth, thing is Gord could be the Seer, or he could be the Doc. What would happen if you hammered him prematurely, and he flipped one of those?
Did you just completely skim the part where I said I'd wait for his claim?
I'm not an idiot, J. I'm not gonna hammer an un CC'd cop or doc.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Smoth, I was just bringing it up because I didn't think that's what you meant.

One sec, rearranging my thoughts.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gonna re-read tomorrow, but Gord's flip is needed.

I'll just go through it already assuming he flipped scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Moth:

1. It could be possible Gord said he would claim shortly, but then would be delayed somehow (For example, his Dad asking for it). Just because he doesn't post, doesn't mean it's him implying that he doesn't want to claim. If it takes him a long time to claim, then you can speculate and say "Why did you take so long to claim just that?". We have lives, a tornado can pass by, our computer can break. The only way we could essentially claim would be to go to the local library. Besides, you should be patient for Gord's following post. What does he say? If he says "Not claiming" Then you threaten to hammer. If he says he won't claim, he isn't trying to help town by giving the info the town before dying.

2. You not being afraid he might be a PR, or not even considering that he may not flip scum, is suspicious. Town must always try to avoid mislynches, and lynch scum. You aren't considering it, you are just "Oh he's scum so if he doesn't claim I'll hammer". You are not thinking with a town mindset, and J has pointed that out.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
hello everyone

while i was trying to fall asleep i thought of something that i wana post before i forget it tomorrow:

i did an iso of gord earlier and i noticed a lot of posts in D. Gray man and all "i'll do it later" ones here, and smoth is looking really sure that gord is scum, could they be scumbuds and gord doesnt want to play so he has moth hammer him and look good?

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
1. It could be possible Gord said he would claim shortly, but then would be delayed somehow (For example, his Dad asking for it). Just because he doesn't post, doesn't mean it's him implying that he doesn't want to claim. If it takes him a long time to claim, then you can speculate and say "Why did you take so long to claim just that?". We have lives, a tornado can pass by, our computer can break. The only way we could essentially claim would be to go to the local library. Besides, you should be patient for Gord's following post. What does he say? If he says "Not claiming" Then you threaten to hammer. If he says he won't claim, he isn't trying to help town by giving the info the town before dying.
This almost seems directed at J. I never said anything about him taking a long time to claim. And I don't get your point about not claiming. It sounds like your arguing in my favor.

2. You not being afraid he might be a PR, or not even considering that he may not flip scum, is suspicious. Town must always try to avoid mislynches, and lynch scum. You aren't considering it, you are just "Oh he's scum so if he doesn't claim I'll hammer". You are not thinking with a town mindset, and J has pointed that out.
I am afraid he might be a PR. That's why I'm unconditionally waiting for his claim. And of course I'm considering that he could flip town but if I say "well he could be town" every time that invalidates any of my arguments.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
hello everyone

while i was trying to fall asleep i thought of something that i wana post before i forget it tomorrow:

i did an iso of gord earlier and i noticed a lot of posts in D. Gray man and all "i'll do it later" ones here, and smoth is looking really sure that gord is scum, could they be scumbuds and gord doesnt want to play so he has moth hammer him and look good?
Explain where you see this unnaturely extreme confidence of gord scum.

It could be possible, but we can't know for sure until after the flip. Just try to keep notes of their interactions and save it for later. Now, look at his individual actions. (Which I'm sure you have) That is all you should be basing his lynch on, not his connections to others without a flip. That is recipe for disaster. See, if you pair two people, you either clear or condemn the other person. What if Gord flips mafia, then Moth will be doomed for sure toMmorow. If Gord flips town, Moth might be semi cleared as dumb town or something. I have done this before, and paired a mafia with a townie. There is so much, but it won't be accurate until after you have flips.

This almost seems directed at J. I never said anything about him taking a long time to claim. And I don't get your point about not claiming. It sounds like your arguing in my favor.

I am afraid he might be a PR. That's why I'm unconditionally waiting for his claim. And of course I'm considering that he could flip town but if I say "well he could be town" every time that invalidates any of my arguments.
It was directed at you. It should be directed to EVERYONE that wants to quick lynch or w/e, but I don't think J has said that? (If he has point it out then and give thoughts)

I was merely referring to you saying that you would hammer in the morning if he didn't claim. I don't think that's ample time and also fear that's you not considering if you would have hammered IF he didn't post or not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol. That wasn't rolefishing. That was a loaded question or three. Rolefishing is trying to find out about someone's role, this was putting them in a position with few 'town' answers and was about roles, but not in any way his (though he may be seer).

Never brought up tunnelling with him before iirc, I only played one and a half days.

Why do you think a Gordscum flip implicates yourself?
See, that's why I didn't like it. I remember you doing something like that to me in Soul Calibur, but you asked if I should have been copped or not.

You were asking a raw newbie about a possible role he POSSIBLY wouldn't have known about. His reaction could give you a soft claim hint as to if he was the seer or not.

Actually, what exactly did you get from that then? Did it help you in reading him?

Oh ok, thank you for clarifying. I was like "Wait didn't Swiss ASK moth if he knew about tunneling first before Moth said U TUNNELIN?"

Swiss

Smash Lord
See, that's why I didn't like it. I remember you doing something like that to me in Soul Calibur, but you asked if I should have been copped or not.

You were asking a raw newbie about a possible role he POSSIBLY wouldn't have known about. His reaction could give you a soft claim hint as to if he was the seer or not.

Actually, what exactly did you get from that then? Did it help you in reading him?

Oh ok, thank you for clarifying. I was like "Wait didn't Swiss ASK moth if he knew about tunneling first before Moth said U TUNNELIN?"
At work, so I'll supply more later when I get back, in 8 hours or so.

Can't remember if it helped in this case, though those questions are normally very useful to me.

You entirely misunderstand the point if you think rolefishing is the goal. But regardless.

I also don't understand your link to me asking these questions before as town. Why, if you dislike me doing this, but know I do it as town, is it relevant to my alignment?

Also, please answer my question wrt Gord.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes I do misunderstand it which is why I'm asking about it.

Ah, why are they normally useful to you?

I meant that I have seen you ask SIMILAR questions, but I find it to be null because you may use it regardless of alignment, but I still point it out to garner reactions and info to help me read you. I think you asked if I had the chance to have the cop or tracker target me, that I should pick which and state why. I think I said I was fine with both because I wanted to prove my innocence.

Because Zen has pointed out that I seem to have over-confidence in Gord being scum.

Swiss

Smash Lord
You're gonna get me fired with yo' wtf is dis replies.

They're useful because I read people in a different way to the conventional, scummy play = scum way. I read thought process more than words, hence pinning people off single posts and having to make up entire cases to get them lynched. Though I'll never admit to that. I just did, wait, what?

That's fine.

But why do you think you should be looked at upon a Gord scum flip? Not "what is Zen's stance on this?".

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'm not going to claim until I finish my reread. At the absolute latest, it will be finished tonight. But even then, I will most likely finish in an hour or so. So without further ado, let's run this bad boy.

Pg 1-2

*Disclaimer: Let it be known that no matter how high on a town list I put Ranmaru, I am always willing to lynch him.

Not much going on in pg 1, just looking for avenues of getting out of RVS, mostly. So from there, we get to what I think gets us out of RVS:

1. Game plan: Lynch scummy players. What else? I don't really ever go into a game with a prescribed plan if that's what you're asking.

2. Maybe. I kinda want to though. It's been awhile bro.

3. Idk, is that scumdar of yours rusty of not?

This. Fynal knows what he's doing. You can't read him like most other newbies. Don't let him get away with the noob card.

vote Fynal

For already trying to set up the noob card (serious vote).
When I first looked at this post, I was like "lol look at this kid try'na find a way to call noob card on Fynal bro he's def. gonna come back to this if Fynal even mentions his being a noob". It looked unlegitimate. It looked illogical. I didn't like it at all, so I voted.

Throughout the page, Fynal seems to be having a decent time giving a rebuttal to Sword's argument. The town vibes just seep from his post bro. And J gives off that same feeling.

Town: J, Fynal
Null: The rest.
Scum: Sword

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
Explain where you see this unnaturely extreme confidence of gord scum.
actually this is interesting.

this post and this post in particular gave me the feeling that he was really confident that gord was scum, which sort of made me understand why he'd hammer gord to avoid being lynched himself if he was town. But i've re-read it several times now and its looking more and more like he just thinks gord might be scum, and would still hammer him to avoid being lynched himself, which comes off even worse imo than if he was very sure gord was scum. That kind of self-preservation is just silly for a townie, hammering someone who might be scum to avoid the chance that you'd be lynched.

@gord: please, stop ****ing around and claim. you're at L-1, have been threatened with a hammer, and are now doing a re-read with commentary from page 1 before claiming which is striking me as purely stalling.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I was merely referring to you saying that you would hammer in the morning if he didn't claim. I don't think that's ample time and also fear that's you not considering if you would have hammered IF he didn't post or not.
actually this is interesting.

this post and this post in particular gave me the feeling that he was really confident that gord was scum, which sort of made me understand why he'd hammer gord to avoid being lynched himself if he was town. But i've re-read it several times now and its looking more and more like he just thinks gord might be scum, and would still hammer him to avoid being lynched himself, which comes off even worse imo than if he was very sure gord was scum. That kind of self-preservation is just silly for a townie, hammering someone who might be scum to avoid the chance that you'd be lynched.
Actually I was reading through with the assumption of him flipping scum, so I posted accordingly. I made those posts during my reread of the thread. And I still don't see why thinking gord is scum is any worse. I know I'm town. From my point of view as a lynch candidate the lynch choices right now look like this:

Moth 100% town flip
Gord ~88% town flip (assuming two scum)

Purely statistically, I'm already completely out of the question from my point of view as there's no chance of a scum flip. I did the math and the odds that any one of us are scum is about 22% (divide 2 by 9). I have no reason not to argue against my own lynch.

With that said, I honestly don't see what's making Gord look so goddam scummy. Reading through looking at him my read of him is null leaning scum. He's hesitant to take stances and seems to be pushing points that aren't really getting town anywhere, but I don't see anything that really just says "Gord is scum, push for his lynch."

I'm fine with a Gord lynch toDay but I'd much rather lynch Ran. I'm keeping my vote right where it is until Gord claims and his claim has been sufficiently discussed.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
EBWOP: Forgot to respond to the Ran quote.

@Ran: You misread something somewhere. I explicitly said I would unconditionally wait for his claim before voting.

Tandora

Smash Rookie

Tiger realized that he could go faster on a skateboard than on his own four paws.

Vote Count:
Ranmaru (1): Shadow Moth
Shadow Moth(2): Swiss, Fynal
Gordito(4): Ranmaru, Sworddancer, joey, Zen

Not Voting: Gordito, J

WITH 9 ALIVE, IT TAKES 5 TO LYNCH!
Deadline is Wednesday, June 29th 11:59 PM EST

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Also have to apologize for lack of hard content toDay, kiinda bust plud lsck of sleep. /johns

Nothing has really happened though, except this caught my eye.

I'm not going to claim until I finish my reread. At the absolute latest, it will be finished tonight. But even then, I will most likely finish in an hour or so. So without further ado, let's run this bad boy.

Pg 1-2

*Disclaimer: Let it be known that no matter how high on a town list I put Ranmaru, I am always willing to lynch him.

Not much going on in pg 1, just looking for avenues of getting out of RVS, mostly. So from there, we get to what I think gets us out of RVS:

When I first looked at this post, I was like "lol look at this kid try'na find a way to call noob card on Fynal bro he's def. gonna come back to this if Fynal even mentions his being a noob". It looked unlegitimate. It looked illogical. I didn't like it at all, so I voted.

Throughout the page, Fynal seems to be having a decent time giving a rebuttal to Sword's argument. The town vibes just seep from his post bro. And J gives off that same feeling.

Town: J, Fynal
Null: The rest.
Scum: Sword
Going over what everyone already knows is not for what useful makes.

Also, are these reads current, or only from early game?

g
bagrammeronpurpose

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
"sufficiently discussed"

What would need discussing? All he can claim is Cop/Doc/VT.
I'm pretty sure Cop or Doc claim would make people seriously reconsider their votes. VT claim is basically the final warning. Nothing special about it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I believe you. Gord has been scummy, and you seemed to have been laying low so I would think it lines up.

Of course I want to see what Gord's reads are and his defense.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
*And you have been pro town with the friend making and such.

Top Bottom