• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Warp Star Adventure: Kirby's Stage Discussion *Meta Knight Talk*

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This stage pretty much screams "aerials". You won't be on the ground that often, if you're trying to kill.
Love the close blastzones, so you get kills easier.
4/5. Only because the small blastzones are bad for our less-than stellar weight.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Three star to me, this stage is very small above and beware of the side of the stage's. ♥

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
low ceiling = :(

watch out for bombs, but remember the explosion lasts for only one frame.

i dislike platforms

i use FC to make stuff explode.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It depends. Honestly, this stage is best for negating enemies' recoveries, so against characters like ROB or Wario who just never seem to die, this stage is useful. Otherwise, the close blastzones/ceiling hurt us pretty badly.
Also, it is good vs characters who spam Dsmashes, since they tend to hit bombs.

All in all, I'd give it 2 stars except vs certain characters, in which case it goes to 3-4. Basically, a situational CP if it is legal at your tourny.

(Also, can we cover PS1&2 soon?)

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Yea Asdioh should be a mod for this board.

Green Greens

Only good for kirbys that are aggressive and good at getting kills fast (since this stage has low ceiling and shorts sides)

Jab locks
crazy gimps

4 stars for me

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Green Greens****

Well, since we all probably play this stage like once a Month (since it's banned in most areas), we probably don't know ALL of Kirby's potential. I can how ever, compare it to other familiar stages. But, on the + side, the stage looks very promising for Kirby.

• Low Ceiling- Kirby's Up Smash is unexpected (almost) every time you use it. You can use it to punish an empty SH or just anticipate when the opponent is going to jump and punish. You can also Jump Cancel it out of Shield and Punish a Laggy Aerial and get the KO quicker.
  • Small Side Blast Zone's- F-smash kills earlier here. Air Hammer could kill quicker here too. Not much more than that.
  • Stacking Blocks- This is where the Stage get's interesting. Through the Course of the stage, star blocks and bomb blocks start to fall in between of the Center platform and the other extended platforms. If you hit a normal block, nothing happens, but if you hit a Bomb Block, you take damage. The more Bomb Blocks, the more damage you take. The Problem with the Blocks is that you could possibly be infinited if caught in between your opponent's jab and a wall. If the opponent doesn't hit one of the blocks, it could spell a free stock for your opponent. But don't fret, you can do it as well.
  • The 2 Platforms- Great for Sharking. If you stand near one of the Walls and under a platform, you could force your opponent to approach. Or, you could just use them to defend yourself from projectiles (, although not for long. The blocks break after all).
  • The Tree- The tree provides Items that Hit and Heal. Good uses can be applied to them.
This stage is Banned in most Tourneys due to DDD's infinite. Since Kirby doesn't fall for it, you have nothing to worry about. But, I think that Green Greens has more to it than that.

The Blocks act like individual Hurt boxes. They Take "Damage" and Break when the set Breaking% is reached. I think that there could be more uses to the Blocks; not just infinites. Let's say you used F-Smash in a Combo. F-smash is Decayed. But, what if you could use the Blocks to refresh your attacks? You could just Jab a Block whenever you want to freshen a move. The beauty of it is that you can do it in the middle of battle. It's not like you have to stop the match or whatever your doing to refresh a move.

Also, Vulcan Jab can Rack up some serious damage if performed well. It can't be called an infinite since, with good DI, it can be escaped.

Basically, this stage's unique features are the Falling Blocks and the Low Ceiling. I would Suggest using Usmash to kill and Jab a Block to refresh (assuming the hypothesis is correct and the blocks refresh moves).
Well, I tested but got shaky answers so if any one could confirm, I would appreciate it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
(Also, can we cover PS1&2 soon?)
Currently, I'm starting alphabetical order, but after the next stage I'll show, I will take vote's on which stage we should start on.

Also, great facts on Green Greens DFat1.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Green Greens is a very reasonable ban against DeDeDe and also Fox. Kirby doesn't have a solid back throw or solid up kills to deal w/ the stage at all here, nor can he be camped.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll change Green Greens into a ★★★★ now, I'll explain later. Also, I'm accepting votes on the next stage we can do, after the stage I will post is done, I will post the stage that has the most votes. Anyways next stage:

10th Stage: Green Hill Zone

Currently ★★
Change: ?​

This stage have little sky performance for Kirby, and it's great for characters with little to no recovery, (like Corneria), also as usual, I don't play this stage for a living to see Kirby's strong points on this stage. Anyways, begin.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's banned practically everywhere, and for good reason. It's stupid.

** sounds good.

You can break the middle parts, but it's a pain to do so. Those spinning things are annoying too. -_-

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
It's legal here but i never go there. If i did i would go D3 and chaingrab walk them off the stage (if i can) but you can still camp by the post.

Kirby has no strong point on this stage that i can see, 2 stars is a good rating.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
I hate this stage >.>
The walls are close, so kirby can easily Fsmash for the kill. The ceiling is also quite high, so that's another pro. You can usually use those spinning things to your advantage. I'm pretty sure a FC can hit them. You can also destroy the floor, but that's pretty useless in my eyes seeing as kirby cant really Gimp with that small amount of space >.>.
The rest are pure cons x_x
There's like, no aerial game on this stage, among other things >.>
** sounds cool.
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Very informative thread. I guess I could use some of this in tourny... When it comes to stages, I only know Sheik and IC's lmao

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
I'll change Green Greens into a ★★★★ now, I'll explain later. Also, I'm accepting votes on the next stage we can do, after the stage I will post is done, I will post the stage that has the most votes. Anyways next stage:

10th Stage: Green Hill Zone

Currently ★★
Change: ?​

This stage have little sky performance for Kirby, and it's great for characters with little to no recovery, (like Corneria), also as usual, I don't play this stage for a living to see Kirby's strong points on this stage. Anyways, begin.
I don't play it that much so I don't think I'm up for a Detailed description. :dizzy:

Lovely

Smash Lord
I'll say two and a half, you can take advantage over the spinning goal point's and that would help your win on this stage. Kirby is fast enough in the air to reach it. If you take that advantage, it would be easier on you, so I'll say two and a half star. ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☠
Another con (not sure if it was stated)
But you can get chaingrabed to your death with people like D3 and IC's.
☠

Thanks to the slants, King Dedede chain grabbing you to death is not easy, but Ice Climbers there's planty of options to not get grabbed, but thanks to this stage being better at ground battles, Ice Climbers would beat you anyways, (in my way of veiwing). I'll leave Green Hill Zone as a no change. Moving on:

11th Stage: Halberd

Currently ★★★☆

Halberd could almost be a ★★★★★, just the simple fact that the ground part of the stage is Kirby's disadvantage to a lot of characters that's good on ground battles. I'll say this, in the air it's close to be as good as ★★★★★, but thanks to the ground battle, the advrage would be at least ★★☆, (in my way of veiwing). You may begin.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ground? I don't think it's too bad. It's just...flat, with a platform, like Smashville except the platform doesn't move. It can be annoying when someone's camping under the platform though, Kirby doesn't have many options in that case.

Low ceiling is good/bad depending on the opponent. Snake will be deadly here. Metaknight is weaker (a little bit) here.

So, I say, ★★★ on the ground, ★★★★☆ in the air.

For an average of 3.75

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well, if you put it that way I, the ground area of the stage isn't bad, though it is hard to kill a foe verticaly and that's Kirby's strong point to get his KO's becides gimping foes.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
This stage is actually pretty good in my eyes. The aerial aspect of it is great for kirby, not so much for the ground. At what Asdioh said, you cant do much if your on the ship itself, but if your still flying around, you can approach from below. That's another pro on this stage; the option to approach from below when the platform is in the air. The walls are far and the ceilings close, generally not a good set up for kirby. But the far walls also equal more of a chance for successful gimps. As for the hazards, you can generally take advantage of them.
Bomb: Predict where its going to explode. Then try your best to push your opponent towards that spot. Bair is great for pushing, and so is your Fsmash.
Laser: If It's aiming for you, try to grab your opponent and keep them there with you. (Unless of course your down a stock or have a higher % than your opponent.) Kirby is light and can usually DI out of the finishing frames of the laser (Which is what sends you flying). I don't know.. sounds stupid, but it has worked for me before ^^
If its aiming for you opponent, I'd try to trip them when its about to blow. If they're in the air, i go for a Dair. And if i cant trip them, i usually try to grab and keep them still. Again, it's worked for me before ^^.
Claw: I'm not sure if you can do much about the claw >.>. I just try and avoid it when it starts snooping around.
Overall, i give this stage a ****
☠

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
After playing this stage for a while, I guess this stage is worth a ★★★★. Before you land, make sure Kirby get's at least two stocks to have a great win, or you have to be too careful to win when Brawling campers or good grounders. I'll play this stage more, (even though, it's bad place to Brawl Pit).

Lovely

Smash Lord
Four star looks good on this stage. After all, you can take advantage with the hazards on this stage to. ♥

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I like this stage a lot personally.

-You're able to shark off through the bottom platform.
-You almost never actually need to fight on the ground until the stage lands.
-Really easy to gimp here.
-Starshot under the ship works VERY well due to the weird shape of the side of the ship.
-Throws into hazards.
-Keep them in the laser with vulcan jab/Ftilt.

Other reasons I like this stage:
-The claw likes me. I don't know why, it just does. Usually I knock them over the edge and the claw combos/finishes them.
-Yeah, I just tend to get miraculous wins on this stage overall for no apparent reason.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wow, that was very brief, I gess I'll end Halberd with a ★★★★ then. Next stage:

12th Stage: Jungle Japes

Currently ★★★★☆

In this stage, I belive Kirby has great air time, along with staying alive for a longer period of time then other stages. Though this is the type of stage for shooters like Falco and Pit, this stage can also be used for good air game, and survival for Kirby. That's my option, anyone else is free to jump in the discussion.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
This stage...

I personally don't like it because I can't see Snake's C4, and there's generally another cp I could pick that would counter the opponent better.

As pretty much everybody knows, kirby can turn into a pancake! if you eat them and then fall into the water on the right of the main platform, they not only pop out further towards the blastzone than you but also can't jump out of the water in time.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Personally, this is one of my favorite Kirby stages.

-High ceiling means no star KOs!
-Inhale gays are fun.
-lol @ Olimar
-Fsmash ***** on this stage. Bair is pretty awesome here as well.
-Few people seem to know that the klaptrap is on a timer.
-Sharking is easy here too.
-Poor Olimar gets *****.
-Rock autocancels in the water (just make sure tere's no klaptrap and you're far enough from the blastzone to recover.).
-Lots of opportunities to use our air game.
-This stage generally screws a lot of characters.
-Certain characters, like Yoshi and Olimar, are screwed extra hard.
-Did I mention how bad this place is for Olimar?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
4 and a half

screw that, kirby is even better than usual against falco at this stage, so...*****

BTW, what's the point in keeping the original ratings on the OP?
lol, I might give this a ★★★★★ after most of the post on this stage. Also, the original ratings are my guess ratings, I'm counting how many people agree with the same rating I do, or how many people think it's diffrent.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Japes is excellent for Kirby in a number of aspects, some dude camping the middle platform with a percentage lead or worse, a projectile, not being one of them.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Halberd

In Halberd, you start the Battle where the Ship is Launching. There's not much happening here, but if you Play DDD, you could get CGed off stage. Since Kirby doesn't Fall for it, you can feel Safe. Try to Take advantage of the Launching Part. You have Multiple Jumps so if you're facing some one that doesn't have them, try to D-air them to Ground them and Jump Safely to the stage while they Get Owned by the Fast-rising Blast Zone. The only bad Part is that this part comes only once during the cycle of the Whole fight.

The second Part of the Stage, where there is a Platform floating along Halberd. You will be fighting here until you land. This is where Multiple Jump Characters Take the Advantage. This is an Excellent stage for Sharking, but always with precaution. You could get Spiked really badly by Characters like Samus or Donkey Kong. You have to be wary of FootStools as well. Sharking is a Double edged sword and is not that safe on this stage, giving the fact that there is no way to recover from a Spike. When you have 3 jumps left, either Go for an edge or get back on stage, but try not to use UpB.

The last Part of the Stage is a Large Platform with a Smaller one hovering over the Middle of it. This part is more complementing to Campy characters, but you could just stall until the next cycle comes around. The Bomb and the Laser could be Easily avoided. But, you could use the Laser to your advantage. Try to Grab someone just as the Laser is launched and get both you and your opponent caught in it. Then, simply Smash DI out of it. The result is that your opponent get's stuck in it while you escape with just minor % damage. Just remember to Smash DI in the direction that is easier to escape.

This Stage has:

• Low Ceiling- Fighting against Snake doesn't seem all that one sided, that is, until you come around to the Blast Zones. Snake's already enormously easy time killing you is now even, more easy.
  • Platform Stage- Good for Sharks and Recovering in a Gimpable Situation. It makes your recovery not so telegraphed if done right. Bad part is, so can your opponent.
  • Slants- Makes an already Safe B-air safer. Also let's you connect U-air with U-tilt while at Low%.
  • Hazzards- You could easily avoid the Bomb, but you want to try to get both you and your opponent into the laser and Smash DI while the opponent gets owned by the laser.
  • Large Platform in Both the Second and the Third Part of the Cycle- + Utilt/D-Grab= Extreme set ups. If you love to U-Tilt (Like me) or D-Tilt for good set ups, they get even better when done under one of these. They're almost a guaranteed follow up since, they're so big, no matter where they DI, they will almost always land on top of it. Or, they fall on the platform and you could Re-grab even easier.

Overall, the stage is Great for Kirby. Good Combo options and gives him features that only certain characters of the Cast Share with him. U-smash seems like the better choice here, since the low ceiling will be a down side anyway. Be careful about Executing since the majority of the players out there know how to properly DI to survive longer.

I'd say 5 stars, but there is the possibility that you could face a ROB here. In witch case I would call it 4 stars. ROB is a Beast Here. He could recover from both sides and could shark you as well as you can shark him.

Over all, **** stars for me. Great Stage with not many Draw Backs.
Great Stage really. I would put it up there with Pokemon Stadium 1. If your OP Bans JJ's and Picks Rainbow Cruise, don't hesitate to take them Here.

PS- Sorry for the Late Reply, I didn't know Halberd was up. I'll get on Jungle Japes now.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I guess I'll leave a few comments about jungle japes, even though most have been brought up already...

- first off, it does suck when someone camps under the middle platform, but I wouldn't call it a game breaker...
- tall ceiling and stuff make you live longer, this works well against dsmash happy robs or utilt from snake
- kirbycides are fun
- sometimes if you attempt a kirbycide far to the right, where they will obviously live, you can float down with them and footstool them as you both get out of the water if you are lucky, the footstool will then seal there fate as they plunge back into the water
- this stage can mess people up who have tether recoveries, side b spammy ZSS will sometimes grab on the ledges unexpectedly trying to hit you, rendering that attack useless in certain spots.
- i've played some people who on their last life get really campy and dodgy to try to win, some people will camp on the outside ledges and when you come to get them will go under and attack you from below and then run to the other side. First claptrap might get them as they go under, and secondly if you can see it coming you can stone their attack through the floor for a stage spike depending on the character. Works on pit, ZSS ect., anyone whose hurtbox goes through the floor.
- like previously mentioned claptrap goes around every 10 seconds or so; it jumps up between the first gap when the seconds on the timer is a 7 and jumps up between the second gap around when the seconds spot is a 5
- Final cutter actually becomes somewhat useful on this stage. it can spike people into the water. If a opponent is aggressive offstage just final cutter near the ledge, you will hit them down but you grab onto the ledge as they go into the water. My favorite experience: final cutter spike into claptrap, so satisfying
- Another fun but useless thing, since you can survive claptrap for sure at 0%, sometimes i go into training mode and just stone into the claptrap on purpose, since you are in stone you take 0 damage and you still survive, i don't know just kinda fun to get spiked into the water with no consequence

I'd give this stage ***** , i guess if someone is being really campy this stage could go down to ****...

I always counterpick this stage. I always laugh when people switch to falco because he's suppose to be good there or someting lol. He isn't that good there when he can't chaingrab you like other characters, and his side b nonsense isn't that good it just looks flashy. snakes can be hard here, but he usually just sticks his c4 on the side platforms our on top of the middle platform.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Jungle Japes*****

Right up there with Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes is one of the obvious choices you should think about when it comes time to Counter Pick Stages. The only thing that would make this stage more Epic would be a Custom Sound Track of Guns n' Roses playing while you're on the stage (which I'm working on making possible on My Wii).

This stage has 3 Solid Platforms and 1 drop through one. It alone doesn't give that much of an advantage for Kirby (, one might even dare to say that it gives him a disadvantage against Spameeers). But, what really makes this stage Golden is the River flowing below it. It's not like Melee's river that only transported Clap traps and never really made much of a difference aside from that. This River Takes you along it, like the Clap Trap, and gives you all of your Jumps back. It's not automatic, but if you know what your limits are, you shouldn't get killed by it that much.

There is an Extremely High Ceiling, that makes Snakes U-tilt and DDD's U-Tilt laughable. (Not laughable, but manageable). With Good DI upwards, you could survive a F-smash from the middle platform up to 20% or More than usual (The DI has to be directed Before you're sent flying). There are differences in levels when it comes to ground combat. You (as Kirby specifically) could escape any threat by jumping your way over your opponent onto one of the many platforms, or even better, get on the river (if your on the right side of the stage) and safely travel to the other side with almost no possibility of being caught, other than traveling the river along side you. This stage gives you:

• Higher Ceiling- + Good DI = Longer Lives. This doesn't affect you that much since, F-smash kills horizontally. Don't get cocky though, remember your opponent has all the advantages you have. Our F-smash could be DI'd out of and survived so be wary when using it. Just hope to god your not playing Against Pit here.
  • 3 Platforms- They give excellent landing choices in otherwise threatening landing situations. No more falling into Charged U-Smashes.
  • River- Gives you better escaping choices. If your near the top of the screen and you think the Clap won't get you, fall with rock and get to the other side of the Stage. (if your on the Right part obviously).
  • Clap Trap- VERY IMPORTANT: Many people tend to mistake the Claps appearance on the stage. He doesn't appear every 10 seconds. He first appears when the Clock's first second is 8. Then, after every second, he will appear 10 milliseconds late which is, kinda pointless to know. In other words, he appears whenever the clock's first second reads 7. (I had to figure out his pattern in order to get the stage De-banned here in PR.)
  • Guaranteed Gimps- Inhale + River = Guaranteed Stock. I'll explain:

For some odd reason, if you Swallow and Jump of stage in the Gap that's in the middle of the Left and Middle Platform, you will 91% of the Time get a Gimp against every one if Done right. What happens is that, when you hit the water, they dropped down while you rise. When they break free out of it, the drop down a little, float to the surface and start to swim. As all of you may know, there is a cool down time before you can jump again after hitting the water. They're so close to the blast zone that, by the time they can jump, they've already hit it.

Now, since Kirby Rises instead of dropping, you can jump earlier and Return to stage safely. And even if the opponent survives, chances are that you could punish with B-air/D-air to get them back on the Water.

Overall, this stage complements campy characters, but you could easily own them with your stupidly low% gimps. That's what really makes this stage so good for him.
I would strongly suggest BF for Pit, almost every other case would be here. Especially if you get RC banned. We Kirby's have 2 great Options and a lot of good ones. But, like always, some of our counter characters are good here (Not really though. I can honestly say that I'd rather take a Great Marth here than on Rainbow cruise for some reason. .

Top Bottom