• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Warp Star Adventure: Kirby's Stage Discussion *Meta Knight Talk*

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
The discussions are going by fast. Maybe too fast > .>

NoFairs pretty good for us. Sharking/thread. We have multiple platforms for safe recovery. The opponent does as well so we probably could have a hard time gimping here.

I'll say it again, Kirby has almost no bad stages. It all depends on the Player's preferences/Players Fighting Style/Opponents Fighting Style/Opponents Character. That's basically it.

I think that each stage should have a little part mentioning our Bad match ups and how they change here. I tried to mention some strong points vs some characters when I was discussing, but what's the point if I'm the only one doing it?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
DON'T go in the capsule >_> I usually just turn into a Stone (much classier than shielding imo)

Umm...it's pretty easy to land hits on people by jumping around all over the place, going through platforms and stuff to confuse them. Not too hard to get KOs either.

If you practice on this stage a decent amount, you can probably become extremely dangerous on it. Small platforms are pretty good for Kirby, and so is the fact that you can spend a lot of time in the air. Kirbycides seem fairly easy to pull off here, for me at least. If you do it off the top platform or too, they can probably break out in time and recover easily, but off the bottom, it's not hard to pull off.

Basically on this stage, you just have to be unpredictable (as you do on any stage) and you can totally destroy your opponent, unless they're planking (I've never experienced this :/)
Probably not a good stage against Meta Knight.

Combos into the lava wall on the right or left side are too good. I think my record is hitting them into it ~3 times.

Possibly a 4-star stage.

I wonder if this is a good or bad stage to take Snake to...

I know it's good against Diddy Kong and Ice Climbers ^_^

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Dfat1, I agree with the characters which are good/bad on that stage. We've been doing a bit of that, but less than we should.

Personally, I don't really like Norfair. Not so much because of the hazards, or that it's a bad stage for us (since it's not), but rather because it is a good stage for many other characters, and makes gimping otherwise easily gimped characters, such as tether characters, nearly impossible due to the sheer number of ledges on the stage.

While we can shark here and, to a certain extent, abuse final cutter here, there are so many characters that are better than us here that I would only give this stage a 3.

Here's a brief and probably incomplete list of characters that are better than us here:

-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-DK
-Ganon
-Link
-TL
-Snake (I think? Mortar and Utilt seem deadly on this stage, and mines on the top platforms could potentially pose a problem when those are the only platforms left.)
-G&W
-MK
-ZSS
-Olimar
-Samus
-Wolf
-Fox (maybe?)
-Falco (maybe?)
-Zelda
-Ivysaur
-Jigglypuff
-Yoshi
-Ness
-Lucas
-Possibly D3?

Ask and I'll give my reasoning for each.

Yeah, due to the size of this list, I'd give this stage a 3 star at the very best.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If I do mention about every detail at once, this thread would quickly will become inactive. I am going start stage counters for different characters afterwords. Of course I'll write, (or type), the different advantage's and disadvantages on each stage afterward as well. I could just write up each stage and get done with it within a day, but that won't be any fun now would it? =D

Lovely

Smash Lord
Here's a brief and probably incomplete list of characters that are better than us here:

-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-DK
-Ganon
-Link
-TL
-Snake (I think? Mortar and Utilt seem deadly on this stage, and mines on the top platforms could potentially pose a problem when those are the only platforms left.)
-G&W
-MK
-ZSS
-Olimar
-Samus
-Wolf
-Fox (maybe?)
-Falco (maybe?)
-Zelda
-Ivysaur
-Jigglypuff
-Yoshi
-Ness
-Lucas
-Possibly D3?
Wow, with a list like that, this stage might be less than three stars due to the characters you say. This stage has too many ledges to latch on to, I guess that's the reason Olimar is one of the best at this stage. ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm starting to use my second post for character counter pick stages, so far this is my first thought on what characters should be picked on Battlefield. I'll do the next stage soon.

Edited: I guess I'll leave it as a no change as well, I can't see Norfair working as a complete ★★★★ anymore, next stage:

17th Stage: Onett

Currently ★★★

Yes, this stage is on the counter ban list, but some tourney's do pick this stage. Ground troopers don't have to worry since there's no fall zone like in Mario Circuit, but this stage isn't bad for Kirby, while he can take advantages on the cars with his grab release, or his U-Grab on top of the highest point of this stage. Maybe I'm wrong, but anyways, discuss.

PS, I would bump this, but I don't want to get an infraction for doing so.

§leepy God

Smash Master
The discussions are going by fast. Maybe too fast > .>
At this thread is going at a better pace than most of the character stage pick threads, lol. On day they are alive, then the next day they die for some reason, (Ike boards for me). XD

Onett does seem like a three star for Kirby, but a four star for Ike. :D

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I really don't know this stage at all...

We could get an easy Uthrow kill in the middle I guess?
Does infinite stone glitch work on any of the tree branch things?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Really? I know it works on more stages than that!
(PS1 on the tree branches, PS on King of Red Lions, Pictochat in several places, the Falcon Flier on Big Blue (at a certain angle) and a couple of others that I can't seem to remember at the moment.)

Edit: Oh god... how did I forget Brinstar? I use that one the most after the PS1 one (Which I missed in a draft crews match vs Smash64... it was one of my 4 failed KO attempts by stage gay that match...)!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Like Brinstar, on the broken right platform >_>

Onett...I don't know. It's always been banned for me. I can just imagine someone sitting near the blastzone, waiting for me to come, and grabbing/throwing me at 0%. Pretty stupid.

But other than that, 3 stars at least for Kirby. Jablocks/dtilt locks on the walls for a good chunk of damage, decent upthrow KOs, good Fsmash KOs usually, ... meh. It's ok, I can't see any Kirby picking this stage, or an opponent picking it unless they were just going to camp for 8 minutes.

In other news, did you hear about how they can hack stages in Brawl+? They can make it so that stages of their choosing don't "move" or "transform."

Imagine playing Pokemon Stadium 2 or Warioware as neutrals, because the stage no longer has the random events/transformations? omg <3

§leepy God

Smash Master
Imagine playing Pokemon Stadium 2 or Warioware as neutrals, because the stage no longer has the random events/transformations? omg <3
Warioware I can understand, but no changes on Pokemon Stadium 2, that would SUCK! ****, the Kirby boards have been infected by Brawl+ to!? Crap, that's almost half of the Brawl Character Boards.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I guess that's true, I haven't seen any other thread that seems lively in the Kirby Boards except the Brawl+ Video thread. But I haven't seen too many character boards that has that talk very much. So far, I haven't played Brawl all day, I will start now and see what fromundaman was saying.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I guess, more character boards should do stage discussions because it's important to know what stage to pick for your main. So far I only see three good one's, the Ike, Kirby, and King Dedede boards that's doing it right.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Sleepy, what are you doing here? You don't main Kirby, or do you feel lonely. ;p ♥

Now for the topic, Onett is looking three star to me, so far it's nothing too fearful for Kirby because he can't get infinite on this stage, well to my knowledge. ♥

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Can't Ike do Wall infinites to him? (Well, at least until it gets interrupted by cars.)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Can't Ike do Wall infinites to him? (Well, at least until it gets interrupted by cars.)
I think he can, but the odds of him catching you and perform an infinite is not too high since Ike has a bad grab range. I'll give Onett a no change as well, next stage:

18th Stage: Pictochat

Currently ★★★★

Well not many people like this stage, I only like this stage because it has Lip's Theme Panel De Pon and Dr. Mario theme music in this stage. But other than that, this stage is actually good for Kirby, and he can perform his stone glitch on this stage, me I have no idea how to do it, but it can be performed. Discuss.

A N D R E

Smash Cadet
Haha, Viper, you always have the cutest sigs and avatars. Great pic of Haruhi :D

Pictochat is as balanced and adaptable for Kirby just as much as it is for other characters. Treat it like FD, except the ledges are different and it's easier to get horizontal KO's and spikes. Great stage.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
post edited with transformations I forgot

How can you not know how to do the Stone glitch? Just turn into a Stone the middle/upper left part of the right side, either on the ground or from the air. I'm not sure if you can fall off the stage if you transform too far to the right. And this only works on the right ledge, and I think another random part or two of the stage's transformations.

For the stage itself, it's actually really good for Kirby. He can take advantage of most of the transformations pretty well, though I personally like some of them less than others. I find the wind-blowing guy to be annoying, for example.

on the left: pretty good for Kirby. You can Stone someone pretty easily if you're on the head, and they're stuck to the right of the head.

roller coaster thing: annoying, but Kirby can make use of it. I wonder what would happen if you upthrow through the hitbox? Kirby is invincible, but it might hit his opponent...
edit: what fromundaman said. That's what I thought happened: Kirby just kind of stops in midair, and the opponent gets hit by it.

fire: pretty annoying, but each hit only does 1% damage so whatever...

whale: it's ok. Stone can slide around, so you can use it with less chance of being punished. Stone glitch might work on the right part of the spout's water, I don't know, I haven't memorized all the Stone glitch spots in this game ._.

boxes: can be annoying to me, but overall not too bad. I think Final Cutter can go through the walls, at least if you're on the inside. Not sure.

bullets (or rockets or whatever they are
): I hate these things O_O inhale->starshot into them could work pretty well...or you could Bair someone or fsmash them into it. Again, I wonder what happens if you Upthrow through one....

wind blowing guy: ANNOYING. (imo) ... maybe you could use it to your advantage. It might cause someone to mess up (like doing an aerial if you push them off the stage or something) I dunno.

Ladder thing: pretty basic. A long line on top, and a ladder on the right and left. You can taunt your opponent by climbing up one ladder, running across the top, and then sliding down the other ladder. That just looks funny.

Springs on the side: yeah, you can go through them with stone. That's about it...DON'T KILL YOURSELF by turning into a Stone right before they disappear, or you'll look like a noob.

house or whatever it is that creates ledges on the sides: prevents you from doing the Stone glitch. Darn.

spikes on the sides:
makes for good laughs.

piranha plant: upthrow into it...heck, do anything into it. duh. it's pretty good.

the clock hands: you can do the stone glitch at a CERTAIN time on one of the hands, but it's not really useful. Good for combos and stuff.

These are all the ones I could think of. o_O

I actually don't use the Stone glitch much in an actual match, I feel like it's almost "cheating." Kinda like planking with MK.

But now that I think about it, it's not banned, and I've never seen anyone complain about it. I should abuse it as an edgeguard, to its fullest potential :]

I can just see myself winning a game because of the Stone glitch on a recovering Falco or whatever XD

Overall, 4 stars, possibly MORE if you really know how to use the stage changes to your advantage.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This is a pretty good Kirby stage.

-We get the infinite stone glitch and sliding stone in a lot of places on this level.
-The hands of the clock can occasionally create combos.
-The wind makes Kirbicides easier to pull off.
-You can shark through a lot of these transformations.
-If you're inside the block pyramid and do FC, you teleport to the block right above and do an instant FC shockwave. You can do this until you get to the top block. I believe we also have the infinite stone on the edge of the second block on the right side.
-The fire sucks... It knocks people around but does **** for damage and doesn't kill... It;s really just annoying.
-Springs and the house don't help us at all (well, the house allows stone slides, but that's it.).
-Bullets are meh... I usually manage to hit someone into them.
-If you Uthrow on the roller coaster thing, the cart hits your enemy and you just kind of stop on the track. It looks funny and is a good way to get a kill.
-Spikes: If you're lucky you can land a Uthrow on them as they appear (you really can't plan it, but it looks funny when it happens) to cause a double kill. Otherwise, I believe FC shockwave goes through them, allowing you to camp.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Surprised no one said anything about the piranha plant. A f-throw or b-throw that ends right next to it means pain for the idiot that got grabbed there. And can't d-throw send Kirby's opponent into the spikes if you use it next to the spike's shaft?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I have only played on this stage in single player lol.

**** shame, I think it's banned at my tourneys, and I almost never play at home.

Why do people usually ban this? Are the hazard that bad?

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
I have only played on this stage in single player lol.

**** shame, I think it's banned at my tourneys, and I almost never play at home.

Why do people usually ban this? Are the hazard that bad?

The Rockets could turn the Momentum ridiculously. If you get caught in the bottom one, you get like 40+ thanks to the Trajectory that sends you towards the other one.

It's also banned in PR tourneys. Shame, the only stage we had an AT on, gets banned most of the time.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

The Rockets could turn the Momentum ridiculously. If you get caught in the bottom one, you get like 40+ thanks to the Trajectory that sends you towards the other one.

It's also banned in PR tourneys. Shame, the only stage we had an AT on, gets banned most of the time.
Ewww, yeah, I'd prefer not taking 40+ damage from anything.

Percon

Smash Lord
Pictochat is amazing; it's my favorite stage for Kirbzz. Stone glitch, uthrow on a lot of formations for low % kills, high ceiling otherwise, small side boundaries and walls, which Kirby can do tons of damage on with his jab flurry. Just know the stage and know where the "safe zones" are for transformations. It transforms every 13.3 seconds.

You can get really creative on this stage...

Also, the low bottom boundary is great for messing up other characters like GAW and DDD.

This stage is great against many characters, like ones Kirby has trouble with (Meta, ROB, GAW). Of course, you need to know the stage better than them to get a sizable advantage on it...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
With the talk right now, I might have to give this stage more than ★★★★. So far, I'm practicing on the infinite stone glitch before the tourney that I'm in right now starts.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I imagine you could eat someone and have the guy blow you offstage...

And Asdioh, at least on Brinstar, everyone I've seen has this instinct "Must...jump...into...rock thing!":laugh:

Srsly. They think they can manage to do something to us or something...or maybe they're just stupid.

If you don't believe me, go do this on Brinstar for yourself.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It works for me about half the time, Alison. Either they'll jump right into it, or they'll start coming, see what I'm doing, and gtfo. Either way, it's pretty hard to punish on wifi

I played a ton of games against computers on Pictochat today...how many transformations does it have? Like 20?

honestly, I think it should be a legal counterpick. Yeah, if a missile spawns on top of you, that sucks. That's why you shouldn't be in that area when a transformation is possibly going to occur. Same with the piranha plant, fire, and spikes. Just be careful. They're generally not too game-breaking...

Man, if the hazards were slightly less deadly, or if you at least got a warning of which hazard was coming next...such a fun stage.

This stage probably gives more advantages to Kirby than to any other character that I can think of...maybe Snake could have some tricksies with his C4 on top of a transformation->that thing disappears and the C4 falls down and the opponent forgets where it is...or something...

*shrug*

5 stars!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I dunno... I've not seen it banned yet... There's only one hazard on the stage that gives no warning before the hitbox appears after all (the spikes).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
★★★★★ Pictochat will become, there's a lot of P's when it come's to stages in Brawl, (five I think). Ok, next stage:

19th Stage: Pirate Ship

Currently ★★★☆

I'm not too familiar with this stage because I only went here maybe ten time's I counted when I went in every tourney I played in this stage. Yea, not too many times I've been here on competitive play or just playing it at the matter. Discuss.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, it does work. Glad to see someone remembered it :laugh:

Also, I think you can starshot them into a ship spike, though I don't play this stage enough to know.

Oh, and ALWAYS ban this stage against Ike. Seriously. *shudders at the memories of being JV 4 stocked on PS (granted, as Ganon, but still...) by an Ike.*

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
What's the earthquake glitch? Sorry for being a noob.

And does the spike->stone really work? That sounds awesome.
Your not a n00b...I'm just in the habit of using that name for it, while no one else actually does.

It's that thing with stone on the right side of pictochat (and other places). You know...the extreme shockwaves?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
And you do it on the King of Red Lion's head...on the right-ish side...I have trouble doing it there to be honest, and it's pretty useless even if you do do it XD

Pirate Ship is alright. It depends on if your opponent plays the "water camp" game though. Back when I was a n00b, I counterpicked this stage against Overswarm's Meta Knight in a friendly. He suddenly started camping in the water in front of the ship, and I was like "lolwut?"
I went down after him, and he Daired me right into the front of the ship for the instant kill. I didn't know how Dair's trajectory worked at the time @_@

other than stupid stuff like that, this stage is alright. It saved me at that same tournament (again, when I was a noob) ... I lost to a guy's MK, I counterpicked Pirate Ship, he counterpicked Fox. It was my first time playing a Fox, he was beating me pretty easily, but he got killed by the bombs on the stage TWICE so I was like lolol. And then I beat his MK third game >_>

Upthrow KOs off the top platform are good, but fairly hard to pull off.

Stage transformations:

Tornado: gives you the "floaty, low-gravity" physics when the ship is falling down. Kirby's pretty good at this point in time. When there is no water, you can spike your opponent and stuff. Situational.

Crashed into the rocks: Kirby can jablock/dtilt lock against the ship or the rock for a nice chunk of damage. Upthrow might be a good KO move on some parts of this transformation. You can camp on the left side of the rock and Inhale->starshot offscreen, perhaps? Who would fall for that, though...

Bombs: Don't get hit!

Catapult thing: I still don't understand how this works. Sometimes it kills people, sometimes it doesn't. I dunno if it has anything to do with DI, or %, or what.

King of Red Lions: Try using Final Cutter on this..I forgot what happens, but I think it goes through, or goes at an odd angle. Shockwave glitch on his head. I wonder what would happen if you did Upthrow as he was floating offstage...you'd probably hit an invisible floor above the water. Try it out though!

General stage stuff: You can slide as a Stone on the stage...makes it slightly harder to punish (though it's still quite punishable)

Kirby's a decent fighter in the water. Avoid spikes, obviously. Final Cutter is pretty good in the water...I don't think the spike will kill, but it should send them down far enough for you to followup with something.

The general stage shape can make projectiles more or less effective, depending on what it is.

You can suicide at the back of the ship by hopping out of the water and immediately doing an aerial hammer towards the back of the ship. ...just so you know...

You should be able to Inhale through the front/back of the ship, where the platform you can go up (but not down) through is. This can maybe lead to Kirbycide/Starshot KO on the front of the ship. I guess. >_>

Top Bottom