• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Warp Star Adventure: Kirby's Stage Discussion *Meta Knight Talk*

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Wait, doesn't the track only do ~15%?

Wish I had more to contribute than that, but...yeah.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Is it? It has been a while since I played that stage regularly, but I could have sworn it was a ridiculous % and thought it was 40%. I'll check later.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I think you're thinking of the cars themselves...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
My bad, 15% for the floor, 10% for the wall that comes up on the side, and 20% for the cars.

There is one part where the track shifts in such a way that you can be hit by it multiple times; maybe that was why I thought it did so much more? *shrug*

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
My bad, 15% for the floor, 10% for the wall that comes up on the side, and 20% for the cars.

There is one part where the track shifts in such a way that you can be hit by it multiple times; maybe that was why I thought it did so much more? *shrug*
You're likely thinking of the general percentage that the cars can kill you at... no joke. I've always liked this level, though I don't think its particularly good for high levels of play (I'm generally against any level that can be match-up altering ie no ledges can give some characters a huge handicap). Kirby can take some of his harder match-ups here and play the "Link game", using tilts and other low trajectory/mid-power moves to knock an opponent off the edge and punish their recovery. Be careful about taking characters like DK to this stage though. An character that doesn't "need" the ledge to recover well can cause issues. I can see DeDeDe, DK, and the like abusing their weight and reach to give us a hard time. Has anyone faced a Snake on this level? I can see the lack of ledges and moving terrain working to Kirby's advantage, especially if you can snag the grenade power.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
this thread said:
Brinstar

Currently ★★★★

Change: ★★★★☆

Quote:
This is a good stage for Kirby, he can shark under the stage and the platforms, and use the breakable areas at his advantage, most of the characters he can handle here but a few select characters that can fully use this stage.

Pros: Kirby can abuse by sharking under the stage, using his strings combo's to connect with the breakable areas, etc. Great place to Brawl some of Kirby's bad match up like Ice Climbers, because this stage messes with their chain grab most of the time, (at the right area).

Cons: Some characters can abuse this stage more better like Snake, Fox, Mr. Game & Watch, Peach, Jigglypuff, etc. Nothing on this stage is too bad for Kirby, just you have to watch who you take here.
More better.... Grammar is a strong point with many people. xD

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
One of many things I have to update on the first post. ^_^;

Let's talk Meta Knight, the guy that has no bad stages for himself. x_x

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Meta Knight may not have any badstages but there are a few places you can take him to make it easier on yourself.

Jungle Japes
- High blastzone means no UAir string>'nado kills; Also means no shuttle loop vertical kills. The river has two purposes: 1. it prevents MK from scrooging for even a second. It also discourages planking because of the klaptrap popping out when the timer ends in a 7 or a 5 (xx:x7 right side, xx:x5 left side). 2. Kirbiciding between the left and main platform ensures MK will die and as long as you buffer your jumps you'll return to the stage. Obviously against MK you don't wanna attempt a Kirbicide with other options less likely to get you killed or punished but 'the more you know', the more you know.
It's a gamble, IMO, because you really need to play this stage a lot to feel comfortable on it and if you don't then the confidence factor is gone and you'll be in a worse position against a MK that knows JJ.

MY personal favorite is PS1- This is another gamble, slightly more risky than JJ, due to the fact that it doesn't really take anything away from MKs gameplay/strategy. The reason I take MKs to this lovely stage is because I know it back to front like my own room.

The most basic transformation, the neutral area, isn't helpful or hurtful. Generally I play very very defensive on this transformation, hiding from glide attacks under those platforms and trying to navigate my way through MKs aggro offense. If I feel I can beat the MK by outplaying him/her then I'll rush with stutter stepped tilts and smashes or a surprise DA but otherwise I wait it all out.

Fire transformation
- This isn't a place I recommend fighting MK on because it's very very weird with it's random dips and 'platforms'. I usually run behind that tree and see which way MK will go; since there's two options. 1. Wait it out- FC through the tree and let that MK know that you have some things he doesn't. 2. Approach- Either right off the bat he'll approach or after he eats a FC to the face. I gamble on this part honestly because that area under the tree makes someone getting knocked off almost guaranteed; it's a fight for who can read and punish who first. If you get MK on the inside you can 'infinite' jab him to prolly 130, 140 from 0 before it changes. BTW, don't get in that Y shapped tree's little crook; it'll literally invit MK to FAir through the tree or 'nado you inside the crook.

'Water'- First off: STAY UNDER THE WINDMILL. If you're @ mid-hi percents the windmill will save your life if you know anything about teching. Also, the combo potential for mid-hi percent MKs under the windmill is phenomenal because where ever Kirby smashes that windmill will be there to bounce MK back to you for another smash. I've literally landed USmash>FSmash>DSmash and killed a MK within a few short seconds. Also, holding down while jumping allows you to go through the windmill. If for some unfortunate reason you are outside of the windmill don't panic just get back in the windmill. (Another random thing I sometimes bother with is rocking the windmill and allowing it to turn and slide me to wherever but it's usually because MK was trying to combo me out and above the windmill.)

Rock- MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!! The middle area, have you back against the structure not the rock, is great for jab infinites; Also FC goes through the structure. The lip on the right side is HORRIBLE for whoever lands on it because if you roll you WONT go past the beginning of the dirt; you'll just stay rolling inside that lip area making the roll a very, VERY, BAD idea. It's great for you if the MK lands there and tries to roll though lol. The left side isn't a safe place so don't bother going there unless you're ALREADY there and MK is approaching. Just aim to bounce MK off the wall and out into the air where he has to recover and you can get away. Another note is on the top of the left-ish rock 'mountain' FC angle around and down it when you aim it to land at the beginning of the curved section.

My two suggestions.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Nice info JoWii, Jungle Japes is one of the stages I wouldn't expect to take Meta Knight. Pokemon Stadium I agree. =3

Stage Strikes, I'll say Battlefield is the only place you don't want to go. Lylat Cruise is one of the stages I would take him, (if it's a starter or if you know this stage a lot). Smashville is the best starter stage if Pokemon Stadium and Lylat Cruise is not a starter stage.

Halberd, Delfino Plaza, and Brinstar is bannable vs Meta Knight.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
1.. Kewkky is an outlier to the BF clause of the MK MU. We both know Kewkky just feels very comfortable and confident on that stage.

2. Brinstar is annoying.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
MLG strikes: Strike BF, Delfino, YI. Aim for PS1, FD or Lylat.

Take turns strikes: BF, Delfino, YI, CS, FD, Lylat, PS1 is a good priority list from first strike to last.

ZOMG Double post: My bad.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meta Knight may not have any badstages but there are a few places you can take him to make it easier on yourself.

Jungle Japes
- High blastzone means no UAir string>'nado kills; Also means no shuttle loop vertical kills. The river has two purposes: 1. it prevents MK from scrooging for even a second. It also discourages planking because of the klaptrap popping out when the timer ends in a 7 or a 5 (xx:x7 right side, xx:x5 left side). 2. Kirbiciding between the left and main platform ensures MK will die and as long as you buffer your jumps you'll return to the stage. Obviously against MK you don't wanna attempt a Kirbicide with other options less likely to get you killed or punished but 'the more you know', the more you know.
It's a gamble, IMO, because you really need to play this stage a lot to feel comfortable on it and if you don't then the confidence factor is gone and you'll be in a worse position against a MK that knows JJ.

MY personal favorite is PS1- This is another gamble, slightly more risky than JJ, due to the fact that it doesn't really take anything away from MKs gameplay/strategy. The reason I take MKs to this lovely stage is because I know it back to front like my own room.

The most basic transformation, the neutral area, isn't helpful or hurtful. Generally I play very very defensive on this transformation, hiding from glide attacks under those platforms and trying to navigate my way through MKs aggro offense. If I feel I can beat the MK by outplaying him/her then I'll rush with stutter stepped tilts and smashes or a surprise DA but otherwise I wait it all out.

Fire transformation
- This isn't a place I recommend fighting MK on because it's very very weird with it's random dips and 'platforms'. I usually run behind that tree and see which way MK will go; since there's two options. 1. Wait it out- FC through the tree and let that MK know that you have some things he doesn't. 2. Approach- Either right off the bat he'll approach or after he eats a FC to the face. I gamble on this part honestly because that area under the tree makes someone getting knocked off almost guaranteed; it's a fight for who can read and punish who first. If you get MK on the inside you can 'infinite' jab him to prolly 130, 140 from 0 before it changes. BTW, don't get in that Y shapped tree's little crook; it'll literally invit MK to FAir through the tree or 'nado you inside the crook.

'Water'- First off: STAY UNDER THE WINDMILL. If you're @ mid-hi percents the windmill will save your life if you know anything about teching. Also, the combo potential for mid-hi percent MKs under the windmill is phenomenal because where ever Kirby smashes that windmill will be there to bounce MK back to you for another smash. I've literally landed USmash>FSmash>DSmash and killed a MK within a few short seconds. Also, holding down while jumping allows you to go through the windmill. If for some unfortunate reason you are outside of the windmill don't panic just get back in the windmill. (Another random thing I sometimes bother with is rocking the windmill and allowing it to turn and slide me to wherever but it's usually because MK was trying to combo me out and above the windmill.)

Rock- MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!! The middle area, have you back against the structure not the rock, is great for jab infinites; Also FC goes through the structure. The lip on the right side is HORRIBLE for whoever lands on it because if you roll you WONT go past the beginning of the dirt; you'll just stay rolling inside that lip area making the roll a very, VERY, BAD idea. It's great for you if the MK lands there and tries to roll though lol. The left side isn't a safe place so don't bother going there unless you're ALREADY there and MK is approaching. Just aim to bounce MK off the wall and out into the air where he has to recover and you can get away. Another note is on the top of the left-ish rock 'mountain' FC angle around and down it when you aim it to land at the beginning of the curved section.

My two suggestions.
Good info, ut here's a few other things:

JJ: MK can actually 'scrooge' a lot better here if he knows the stage by just staying under the middle platform and Uairing through the stage, then drill to the ledge when the klaptrap comes. He can also recover from just about anywhere with Nado on this stage. He takes forever to die, and Dsmash and Dair can help him get some early-ish kills on the side platforms. He can also camp you really hard on the side platforms. I would NOT suggest bringing an MK who knows the stage here.

PS1: Fire: Actually, jab isn't very effective under the tree if they know how to DI it. Dtilt, on the other hand, is a real infinite down there until a pretty high % (like 200 or so I think), not to mention you can end the Dtilts in easy jablock>kill move when youhave them at kill %. This is true for any wall on any stage btw, this one's just even easier.

Water: Don't forget the suicide throw! Also FC does not go through the windmill, but the pojectile stays out for it's regular length, so that can make a short lived 'wall'. Not a great idea, but it's there, and sometimes useful. Also, a kind of useless infinite stone on the windmill blades.

Rock: That part on the right where they can't roll is great for Dsmash and Fsmash. It's pretty much unpunishable there, since if it gets shielded, one of you slides off and grabs the ledge, and rolls on that part get punished hard. That being said, keep in mind his Dsmash ***** there too.

Curiously enough, Battlefield is the place I win the most against MK.
I actually like BF for this MU too. Might not sway the MU in our favor per se, but it's definitely no worse than other stages IMO, and I think it's better for us than SV (SV platform = safe and AC-able SL gimps).

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Water: Don't forget the suicide throw! Also FC does not go through the windmill, but the pojectile stays out for it's regular length, so that can make a short lived 'wall'. Not a great idea, but it's there, and sometimes useful. Also, a kind of useless infinite stone on the windmill blades.
What suicide throw? do you get on the absolute edge of the windmill? I don't even know...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
When you're against the left side of the stage during the Water Part and do a Uthrow, the windmill blade stops you from rising any higher, and as a result when you go back down, you both die off the bottom.

The way the mechanics of the throw work is you rise a certain dstance, let's say X, then fall the same distance. If something gets in the way while you rise, you won't go any higher, but you still go back down X distance unless something gets in your way. This leads to suicide throws and sometimes ninja-spikes on any stage where you can Uthrow with your back to the ledge (Because Kirby moves backwards during a Uthrow) and something is above you that you can't pass through.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Meta Knight does very well on platform stages is the reason why I would strike Battlefield. Of course you guys can convince me other wise. Final Destination better than Smashville vs Meta Knight?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
SV is arguably MK's best neutral. The platform allows him to AC his specials even more safely, and it allows him to SL really close to the blast zone with no fear of punishment for really early kills.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Convinced, Stage Strike Smashville, any thought on Lylat Cruise? I always thought of this as an advantage stage vs Meta Knight since Kirby does well on tilted areas on the stages, but Meta Knight also does well on Lylat Cruise, especially if your hug on the edge all day. >.<

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm guessing we are done with Meta Knight?

Which characters do you guys want to start on?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
We might as well move to ROB, since we already covered it kinda in the other thread.

Top Bottom