• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
probably not. in the direct sakukrai said that macs n special is the strait lunge and that appears to not be affected by the power meter.

but it would be totally awesome for Kirby to get a one shot OHKO move like Kirby's ivysaur copy ability in project m.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
N-special is the straight lunge but it changes when the power meter reaches full. Sadly, I doubt Kirby will copy the power meter since, while it only affects the neutral special, it is considered a part of the character, not the move.
The Knockout Punch is still technically his neutral special aswell though so who knows?

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Like-w****?

I wasn't being trying rude, I was being cheerful in the spirit of Kirby. letting out my inner child.
I understand. In the future though, remember people may not appreciate:
"[Fairly Unanimous Positive Opinion]. Like if you agree!"

That being said, Kirby is awesome.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I want everyone to visit the smashfest at your nearest best buy hosting it. I want to see how comfortable it is to play, I want to see the character's advantage/disadvantage, against or with other characters, moves or special attacks.

I know the fest is mostly based with items, me thinks, but don't let it stop you. I'm pretty much ready for this. Anyone else?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I want everyone to visit the smashfest at your nearest best buy hosting it. I want to see how comfortable it is to play, I want to see the character's advantage/disadvantage, against or with other characters, moves or special attacks.

I know the fest is mostly based with items, me thinks, but don't let it stop you. I'm pretty much ready for this. Anyone else?
I as well.
Can't wait to see Greninja
The Kirby in your sig works really well with the one in the background.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Kirby's Nair after at least one double jump (inflated) should be the Air Puff from his games.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Might as well find a way to deal with it, duderino. You don't see me complaining about the OP AI in Kirby Fighters.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
More colours for Kirby! It would be much easier to make compared to all the other characters.

Kirbykachu

Smash Rookie
I think it would be awesome if Kirby's copy ability received a bit of an upgrade. It's dissapointing that such a significant aspect of his character is so dramatically underwhelming. What I think they could do is add some other characteristics to him when he inhales someone. For example his speed will slightly increase if he inhales Sonic, his weight will increase if he inhales Bowser, his initial jump will increase if he inhales Luigi, his air jumps will be the same as Jigglypuff's if he inhales Jigglypuff. I think this will potentially add a much deeper play style for Kirby and may actually become used in competitive play.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I think it would be awesome if Kirby's copy ability received a bit of an upgrade. It's dissapointing that such a significant aspect of his character is so dramatically underwhelming. What I think they could do is add some other characteristics to him when he inhales someone. For example his speed will slightly increase if he inhales Sonic, his weight will increase if he inhales Bowser, his initial jump will increase if he inhales Luigi, his air jumps will be the same as Jigglypuff's if he inhales Jigglypuff. I think this will potentially add a much deeper play style for Kirby and may actually become used in competitive play.
That's not how Kirby works though. With the notable exceptions of UFO (which Sakurai made) and Metal (which Sakurai didn't make), copy abilities don't effect movement, health or anything like that. They just give him abilities. Logically, I think the solution is to give him more powers from the character he copied, but adapted to him.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
how bout swallowing someone gives them the standard neutral special like always, but the other specials are altered slightly.

like if kirby swallows mario, he will get the fire ball as an n-special, but his up special will have a coin effect, his down special could make a small splash, his side special could turn people around

and kirby ---> samus, n special stays the same, up b, kirby adds screw attack to the up portion of his final cutter, side b, hammer explodes on impact, down b, rock explodes on impact

kirby---> yoshi, n-special " " ", up b launches an egg, down b, has little stars that pop out when he hits the ground, side b, hammer turns into an egg and explodes on impact,

kirby---> lil mac: yadaydyayd.... up b, kirby spins in the z axis while going up, side b, kirby launches forward while swinging hammer, down b, if someone hits the rock, rock shatters causing fragmentation damage.

kirby---> fox: n special..... up b: kirby is set on fire, side b, hammer has invincibility frames, down b, rock has reflector status

kirby---> zss, up b is not much different, side b, adds a plasma whip explosion effect to hammer, down b, rock flips forward,

kirby ---> bowser, up b, kirby spins in z-axis, side b, hammer grabs opponent and slams them into the ground, down b, not much different

kirby---> villager, up b, adds balloons that makes kirby reach higher, side b, explodes on impact, down b, plants a tree

kirby--->lucario, up b, adds a small aura around kirby, side b, hammer adds forcepalm effect, down b, another rock appears out of no where and flies from the opposite side of atacker

*by now im getting ridiculous and this will never happen, but i hope you get the idea,*

2Mixer

Smash Apprentice
This would be a little too op..
I think swallow and then getr new special, its alright i had no problem with it overall

Kirbykachu

Smash Rookie
That's not how Kirby works though. With the notable exceptions of UFO (which Sakurai made) and Metal (which Sakurai didn't make), copy abilities don't effect movement, health or anything like that. They just give him abilities. Logically, I think the solution is to give him more powers from the character he copied, but adapted to him.
When Kirby copies an enemy he takes all of their special abilities and it's obvious that certain characters have special abilities, such as Sonic's speed, that would make perfect sense for Kirby to copy. I doubt it will happen I just think it would make the inhale a much more tactical move seen more in competitive play.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
When Kirby copies an enemy he takes all of their special abilities and it's obvious that certain characters have special abilities, such as Sonic's speed, that would make perfect sense for Kirby to copy. I doubt it will happen I just think it would make the inhale a much more tactical move seen more in competitive play.
There is a difference between a passive ability and an active ability. Kirby (almost) only does the latter.

Kirbykachu

Smash Rookie
There is a difference between a passive ability and an active ability. Kirby (almost) only does the latter.
Exactly he rarely does the latter, which is why it would only work on notable characteristics, such as Sonic's speed which is something Sonic is much more well-known for than his homing attack.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Exactly he rarely does the latter, which is why it would only work on notable characteristics, such as Sonic's speed which is something Sonic is much more well-known for than his homing attack.
Ok, I'm done. You have defeated me. I don't think there is any more I can say on the matter.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
in what cases does he do the former?
*now im imagining kirby with aura effect*

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Sorry to put the nail in the coffin but I just remembered the metal ability which affects both Kirby's weight and speed xD
Yup, You Got Me! Ex Dee
Shoulda thought of that one earlier!
Wait a second...

Kirbykachu

Smash Rookie
Now that I have the time and it's not 3:00 in the morning I've finally compiled a list of characters who I feel have traits that Kirby should copy as a sort of bonus ability.
- First up is Sonic - along with the homing attack I feel Kirby should receive a slight increase in speed, not necessarily to the point of moving as fast as Sonic, but still moving faster maybe even gaining the figure 8 pattern Sonic's legs are renowned for.
- Secondly is Bowser - Anyone who's played a Mario Kart game probably knows that Bowser is ALWAYS the heaviest character in the game and this trait holds true to Smash Bros. where he is also always significantly heavier than every other character. What I propose is, like Sonic, Kirby receives a small weight increase, not to the point of being as heavy as Bowser, but still an increase none-the-less.
- Jigglypuff - Jigglypuff is a funny one, originally I thought that Kirby's jumps should be beefed up to the same quality as Jigglypuff's, but after some consideration I feel as though the trait Jigglypuff is most well known for is it's ability to put people to sleep via singing. So what if a Kirby who copied Jigglypuff has his b-move replaced with Jiggly's up-b move.
- Luigi - when I think of Luigi, I think of a superior jump to Mario, so when Kirby has the 'Luigi ability' I feel his initial jump should be improved. None of his mid-air jumps, just his initial one. A second trait he could have, though Luigi is not AS renowned for, is his traction. Maybe Kirby's traction will be decreased as well.
These are the only characters that I can think of who don't have their greatest traits copied when inhaled by Kirby. It may not add a deeper game play aspect since it is dependent on who you're playing against and at the very least may improve some of Kirby's match-ups against these characters, but it will give the inhale move a lot more personality. If you think a character hasn't been properly represented then be sure to add to it. =D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I took the Triple Deluxe "What's Your Kirby Copy Ability Quiz" and got this as my result:

"Bullseye! You're an archery expert who can take out foes both near and far. You enjoy hiking in the mountains--mostly to get a better view of your prey."

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i got fighter (having trouble inserting an image)

You're a back-to-basics type, who always takes things into his own hands. You can punch and jab your way out of nearly any situation. In your downtime, you like to garden.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
In other news, I just beat 3 Level 9 Gokus in a 1v3 Match as Kirby (in SSF2), without taking any sort of damage. Gotta love it when stuff like that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom