• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

astroninja1

Smash Rookie
NNID
astron1nja
3DS FC
5343-9913-5019
Does anyone here know anything about a skype group for Kirby mains? Or if there isnt one, who would be up for starting one?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I got 17th place as jiggs. Villager is bad in isle delfino and Halberd is a good choice against sheik.

I really want to play kirby. I really do, but I'm stuck. I'm playing jiggs too well.

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hi everyone, it's Wednesday and that means The GamePad is going to be streaming down at our local Smash Weekly! Super Smash Bros Wii U is scheduled to go live tonight at 7:00 (10:00 EST), and considering how much fun we had last week I hope you all can drop in at some time. The stream can be found at:

http://www.twitch.tv/gamepadarena

I promise that's the right link this time. ;)
Tonight's SSB4 challengers will be fighting it out for a 'cherry/almond' cookie! That's right, the winner gets a cookie IRL!
Hope to see you all there!

Edit:
I forgot to mention, there will also be a fund-raiser to help our friends in Corvallis purchase a copy of Smash 4. Keep an eye out for the donation link. Thanks!

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://apex2015smashwiiu.challonge.com/K54 MikeKirby vs M2K either already happened, or happens at some point
I'm hyped/scared
I wish more of these were streamed jeez I want to see things, but they streamed a bunch of random players sometimes too

these brackets are terrifying

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Hmmm.... WOW! This is going to be really interesting. M2K uses Diddy and sometimes Sonic. MikeKirby understand the Diddy and Sonic Matchup but does M2K know/respect the Kirby matchup? We will see.

@ MikeKirby MikeKirby You got this bro! Kirby Community got your back! Good luck and Rekt people!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
http://apex2015smashwiiu.challonge.com/K54 MikeKirby vs M2K either already happened, or happens at some point
I hope that match gets streamed or at least the replay saved and uploaded. It would help show the match-up in better detail. I know Diddy is S-tier, but I still want to believe that Kirby has a somewhat decent match-up. MikeKirby vs M2K would be an excellent showing.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
We'll have to hear from Mike but he didn't make top 16. His pool had Chudat, m2k, and Ninjalink, and NL and m2k made it out. I can't imagine it was very pretty, because I'm sure m2k wouldn't fall for Kirby's tricks, but we'll have to see...

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I'm on my way back home! Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it~

Fighting M2K is never fun. -.-

He played super safe the whole set. It amazes me how on point his timing with things are.

I beat Zage in loser's and then I had to face off against NinjaLink.

I don't know why they put NinjaLink and I together in round 2 pools. There were a total 4 of the players in that pool that attend Nebulous! :ohwell:

Edit: Chudat gave me one of his red Kirby beanie hat! =D

Last edited:

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
Does anyone here know anything about a skype group for Kirby mains? Or if there isnt one, who would be up for starting one?
I don't think this question got answered, and if it didn't, getting an answer would be great. Having a chat somewhere for Kirby would be really convenient! (If it did then oops sorry)

Apex was fun, didn't get to see a whole lot of Kirby though. Were there any Kirby's there other than MikeKirby?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
MikeKirby, what are your tentative thoughts on the Diddy matchup, then?

(Also, was it you that mentioned Dair to Dsmash being a thing? If so, sweet goodness, thank you lol)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
There's no skype Kirby group that I know of. I was in the Greninja skype group since the game came out though! I was a secret spy... but then Greninja got nerfed hard and he wasn't such a big threat anymore.

I did a namesearch for "hup cancel" because I wanted to see when I first used the term.. I found it ;) http://smashboards.com/threads/kgd-...ial-summer-2013.229338/page-296#post-11283840

edit: http://smashboards.com/threads/matchup-export-ness.291424/#post-11631626 lol

i just had way too much fun looking through the search results

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Haha so that's how you found that old ass post XD

On a side note, I've said it before and will do so again, Kirby is SOOOO good in teams.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
MikeKirby, what are your tentative thoughts on the Diddy matchup, then?

(Also, was it you that mentioned Dair to Dsmash being a thing? If so, sweet goodness, thank you lol)
D-air > D-smash was probably a thing back in 3DS days--not so much anymore. =\

Kirby v Diddy is -1 or 40/60 in Diddy's favor. The main reason we get a disadvantage is because Diddy has a reliable KO set up and punish game if we ever do a mistake whereas Kirby can't punish as hard. =\

Kirby in teams is AMAZING.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
It probably because the patch 1.04 "fix" the multiple hits vacuum. That is why Greninja and Sheik's Upair doesn't stick to opponent like glue, why FF Fair doesn't spike and why Kirby's Dash Attack doesn't always work.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I've been trying to think of a way to fully utilize hammer and I think I've found out that you can potentially break shields if you hit with both aerial hits of the partial charge (as soon as the flame starts). Because of the new shield mechanic where you don't slide off the edge, this makes it possible by sharking an opponent on the edge of platforms like Battlefield, Smashville, Town and City, Halberd, Castle Siege and Delfino Plaza. You can also space it where the first hit diminishes the shield so the second swing will shield poke. Sounds like a gimmick at best, though. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Dair->Dsmash still nets me plenty of kills... but I use it less often on higher level players because its success rate is lower.
If anyone can figure out what situations people can avoid it, that'd be great. Sometimes it puts the opponent in slight hitstun on the ground where they can't tech, and that lets me Dsmash. Sometimes it pops them up, if they fail to tech, and then I can hit them. Sometimes they pop out too far. I still don't know ;_;

If only we could Dthrow->Upair (assuming we had Melee Upair)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The Gamepad's stream is up and running. We currently don't have a mic right now, but the stream is live.

http://www.twitch.tv/gamepadarena

Edit:
It's still early, so I can play online with whomever is in the chat. :)

Last edited:

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Last night I got the best Diddy gimp on FG.

So I'm playing against this okay Diddy. I get the inhale and Copy his Peanut Popgun. I knock him of stage and just as he starts charging his Jetpack, I started firing Peanuts. The Diddy could not get back on stage because everytime he started charging, he got nailed by another peanut.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm finding Inhale to have some nice uses. Catching Yoshi as he mid-air jumps is awesome because even if he breaks free he generally can't get back to the stage with j ust his Up Special at that point. Same goes for Ness since breaking out of an Inhale can interfere with precision PK Thunder use (and you're usually close enough to hit him anyway).

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm finding Inhale to have some nice uses. Catching Yoshi as he mid-air jumps is awesome because even if he breaks free he generally can't get back to the stage with j ust his Up Special at that point. Same goes for Ness since breaking out of an Inhale can interfere with precision PK Thunder use (and you're usually close enough to hit him anyway).
I'm wondering. Can we Inhale Ness right when he starts his PK Thunder 2, or does it go through us?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Seems like he actually knew this would happen. Smart play on the sonic player there.

Edit: Kappa

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I would bet money he was just mashing because he knew the throw would kill lol. I was just playing one match on FG to test my connection before laddering, he wasn't that good. I ended the first stock with a kirbycide :p

Of course, that match had no lag, then I played a high ranked player on ladder and did a lag test, no lag. Then we started the actual set and of course tons of lag spikes :( hate wifi

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Seems like he actually knew this would happen. Smart play on the sonic player there.
After years of playing Kirby I can say that no one does stuff like that to Kirby on purpose*. Dumb stuff happens to Kirby and it's usually to the benefit of the opponent, and most of the time it's because they're just pushing buttons.

*Unless it's t0mmy. -.-

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Beyond that? He abuses the faults Kirby doesn't even have? He's way ahead of the meta :|

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Beyond that? He abuses the faults Kirby doesn't even have? He's way ahead of the meta :|
Ha ha, I meant that he doesn't even abuse the faults Kirby has.
But you're sorta right, he abuses faults that aren't generally known as well.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
What is with these social thread names? I don't even know anymore.

Top Bottom