• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Question and Answer/Helpful Thread directory! <(^_^)>

TreK

Is "that guy"
Why exactly is Kirby so good on Brinstar ? I've played a bit here and I just can't seem to profit this stage as much as RC or JJ

Pink murder

Smash Ace
In Miami... sweating my *** off &gt;.&gt;
☠
I love Brinstar. You can approach from below, that helps a lot. Also, If you break the rightmost platform, you can perform the rock glitch originally found in Pictochat. Many people don't know that, and they'll probably fall for it the first time or two. The sides and ceiling are also very close, both an advantage and a disadvantage depending on the situation. You can K.O at pretty low percentages with Uthrow if you hit the top platform. The lava serves as a good tool for Gimping, and you can split the stage in half. This is good because many people don't know that you can't use the ledges in the middle, so they try to grab on only to fall. Those cylinder things in the middle are also good to lengthen your smashes. Breaking the platforms on the left slants it, making you slide down if you use stone, serving as a good mindgame. But those are sometimes situational. And there are certain people you CANNOT take here. *Cough* Snake *Cough*
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Pink murder

Smash Ace
In Miami... sweating my *** off &gt;.&gt;
☠
Might as well post a few questions of my own.

1. What is an efficient way to Gimp? I don't know why, but I find it hard.

2. What is a good secondary main for a Kirby user? You know, one that fills all/most of Kirby's flaws/weaknesses. I personally like R.O.B, but I have no idea whether he's a good choice or not.
☠

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
1. What is an efficient way to Gimp? I don't know why, but I find it hard.

You could try kirbyciding from ledgehops, that's Kirby's signature 'trick', after all! He has guaranteed footstools on some characters if opponents break out while you're offstage, most of the time leading to 0-deaths.

Bairing opponents out of the stage constantly is also a good way to gimp. Sooner or later your bair will be stale enough for you to sourspot it and simply knock them a bit far horizontally, which is bad if they used their second jumps.

And of course, our dair is a great gimping move... If opponents are coming back predictably, a good dair will send them plummeting to their doom. It's also quite infamous for comboing into footstools! I've done dair>footstool chains on recovering ROBs and DDDs: dair>footstool dair>footstool dair>footstool until they die... And our many jumps and upB ensure our safe recovery as well.

2. What is a good secondary main for a Kirby user? You know, one that fills all/most of Kirby's flaws/weaknesses. I personally like R.O.B, but I have no idea whether he's a good choice or not.
☠

I don't really know, Kirby is a pretty good stand-alone character... The only matchups that I feel you MIGHT need a secondary for (depending on how you play) would be ICs, marth and G&W (me, I have no problems with any of them)...

My other main is ZSS: I can't decide on who to name my primary main, so I just call them both my mains... I'm waaaay better with Kirby though, I know him inside-out whereas I still gotta perfect my ZSS physics dominance... And she has been a great help against Snake, DDD and MK, which have been the only characterss to knock me out of tourneys in a LONG while (I still do great with Kirby, but a surprise character helps more than it hinders, am I right?).

BBQTV

Smash Master
really you can dair foot stool? anyway dair is a great gimp. also i like kirby side ing but i never see a lot of people use it and if you use kirby a good secondary would be MK. :chuckle:

TreK

Is "that guy"
☠
I love Brinstar. You can approach from below, that helps a lot. Also, If you break the rightmost platform, you can perform the rock glitch originally found in Pictochat. Many people don't know that, and they'll probably fall for it the first time or two. The sides and ceiling are also very close, both an advantage and a disadvantage depending on the situation. You can K.O at pretty low percentages with Uthrow if you hit the top platform. The lava serves as a good tool for Gimping, and you can split the stage in half. This is good because many people don't know that you can't use the ledges in the middle, so they try to grab on only to fall. Those cylinder things in the middle are also good to lengthen your smashes. Breaking the platforms on the left slants it, making you slide down if you use stone, serving as a good mindgame. But those are sometimes situational. And there are certain people you CANNOT take here. *Cough* Snake *Cough*
☠

Yeah I take Snakes and Wario to JJ anyway lol
Thx for the tips, I gotta try all of it tomorrow for sure

Okay huh one more specific question now
Does infinite jabbing the organic stuff refresh ONE move or one per hit ?
Fresh bair kills faster than guns.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You can use all kinds of things like that to refresh moves. Examples off of the top of my head:

• The...ball things on Brinstar, and the...tendril things on the side platform.
  • The pillars on Luigi's Mansion.
  • Smashville balloon.
  • The Shy Guys on Yoshi's Island (Brawl).

I usually hit those when I take off an opponent's stock and they're on the field since there's usually nothing else to do.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
How does Kirby do against Pit? I am having serious trouble with Pit lately.
It's even, but slightly on Pit's favor... He has some options that not even our fsmash can beak (like retreating nairs and glide attacks, both of which have great range), as well as a projectile that harasses us no matter where we are... I called it even because, well, we can't be gimped, his arrows aren't hard to shield/airdodge around, and our fsmash (if it connects) kills early since Pit is also light.

That's about how Kirby does... Now, what you should do? Well, I can't really answer that properly until I know how the Pit player plays like, and two videos would be great for telling how he plays (as well as how you play, and what things does he punish that you do... One video is never enough).

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
It's even, but slightly on Pit's favor... He has some options that not even our fsmash can beak (like retreating nairs and glide attacks, both of which have great range), as well as a projectile that harasses us no matter where we are... I called it even because, well, we can't be gimped, his arrows aren't hard to shield/airdodge around, and our fsmash (if it connects) kills early since Pit is also light.

That's about how Kirby does... Now, what you should do? Well, I can't really answer that properly until I know how the Pit player plays like, and two videos would be great for telling how he plays (as well as how you play, and what things does he punish that you do... One video is never enough).
kk hopefully I can get some videos recorded on Tuesday and upload em asap!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
kk hopefully I can get some videos recorded on Tuesday and upload em asap!
Awright, just post em somewhere in the Kirby boards and I'll check em out! Write in the post that you want help in the Pit MU, or else I'll forget... I'm an extremely forgetful person. :(

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hard to say since so few people play Pit, but from the rather limited experience I have, I'd call it even, but yeah, vids would def help.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I would want to ask which characters is the best for Exhaling under the stage? Also which stages it can be performed? I ask this for more activity in this thread and I don't know what stages and what character to perform it on.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Characters with a bad recovery are good coices (Link, Ganon, Wolf, etc.) though a lot of these characters can just be footstooled out of a Kirbicide too, so meh.

It can be performed on any stage where you can shoot people under the stage? I'm not sure what you're asking here...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
And I forgot you have an Inhale guide. XD

Yea, I'm forgetting a lot of things now... T_T

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Actually... I forget about that thing a lot myself :(

I guess I'm also forgetting a lot lately...

like playing Kirby...

nvus

Smash Cadet
is kirby aggressive and offensive?

who's known as the "best" kirby in the community?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I am actually pretty upset I couldn't get any footage of my Kirby at Chu's. I left right after teams to drive MD/VA crew The Originals to Candy's house to go on a Halloween Chipotle run.

3 burritos. Yum.

I will get some videos recorded soon. Promise =3

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
is kirby aggressive and offensive?
That depends on the player. Some people have aggressive Kirbys, and some have BAir camping Kirbys, lol. It depends~ Just do what works for you.

who's known as the "best" kirby in the community?
Everyone thinks they're the best.

No, but seriously, that's not a good question to ask around here. ><;

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Everyone has a reason to believe they're the best... But, the proven best are YbM and ChuDat.

Remember this: you might think you're the best, or your tourney placings might say you're the best.... But until you find a perfect combination of both (as well as recognition by being compared to other best players), you won't be the best.

And even then, it's still pretty wrong, considering the large number of unknowns around.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Or some that are fullen stars or MIA in tourney's... anyway, having Shadow Dragon in a tourney would increase the sexiness of Kirby by 55%.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Didn't he quit a long time ago?

If so, just because he WAS great doesn't mean he still is, though if he still plays, then hell yes I fully agree!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
There's YBM, Kewkky, and several others, but I don't think many Kirby mains have videos up.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
My Kirby's game in my videos is a bit... Outdated, but you can still watch them around Youtube. You can click on the Kirby icon on my sig to get a nice list of the ones I've found.

And yep, YbM and ChuDat should be your best bets... Don't worry about searching up random Kirby videos, since there's a couple of good unknowns here and there.

Edit: Why won't my signature show at times? Is it cuz I need to pass a certain post count before it does, or that I replied through Quick Reply, and that automatically disables my sig for good on that post? Anyways heres da link: :kirby2:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It only posts it a certain # of times per page if I remember correctly.
No.

Edit: Why won't my signature show at times? Is it cuz I need to pass a certain post count before it does, or that I replied through Quick Reply, and that automatically disables my sig for good on that post? Anyways heres da link: :kirby2:
You need to have a certain number of words in your post for it to show. More letters than your sig iirc. If you quote more than one person, it automatically shows. And if you use quick reply, I don't think your sig will show on that post.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I see...

I can't remember the last question I had answered to me in the Kirby Q&A. Now I have to reset my timer and start from scratch. :(

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I don't see anything hard about ICs :
1.) Chaingrabs are useless against Kirby
2.) Ice shots aren't that hard to deal with unless they're desych'ed (Shield the ice -_o)
3.) Kirby has better range and power than ICs
4.) Kirby can dair belay (Not sure)

So can anyone explain why ICs are Kirby's hardest match up?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't see anything hard about ICs :
1.) Chaingrabs are useless against Kirby

4.) Kirby can dair belay (Not sure)

So can anyone explain why ICs are Kirby's hardest match up?
First, please explain these two? One of them is blatantly wrong unless you discovered something we don't know about, and one makes no sense :p

Oh, and based on the team matches he just uploaded, I'd add DC to good Kirbies who's videos you should look at.
Sure, he's a bit Bair dependent, but dayum that's some good teamwork!

Top Bottom