• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Jab Lock Combo w/ Character Specific Video

storm92

Smash Ace
Gonzo if you need any help testing out ideas let me know. I have plenty of IRL friends who play competitive smash so I can try these out on real people who try/miss teching.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Gonzo if you need any help testing out ideas let me know. I have plenty of IRL friends who play competitive smash so I can try these out on real people who try/miss teching.
If u could get a vid or two of this in a real match it would be excellent!

is that possible?

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
gonzo just include all the characters.. lol I know in my area Jigglypuff is about just as popular as olimar or lucario... maybe socal is the only place like that? dunno lol

everyone plays G&W snake metaknight and DDD here... o.o
and in a certain area everybody plays rob lol

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
hold on

shorthopfootstool

short hop foot stool

short

hop

foot

stool

shfs short hop foot stool. should i run through this one more time?

Reioumu

Smash Lord
good stuff Moe. Way to raise the bar for Kirby. Though this stuff would be INCREDIBLY hard to pull off in tournament. Very situational, but if you can take advantage of it, every once in awhile you can get a good extra 70% on them and edgeguarding opportunity :3
-Rei

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
hold on

shorthopfootstool

short hop foot stool

short

hop

foot

stool

shfs short hop foot stool. should i run through this one more time?
It's supposed to be 'shfts' Short Hop FooT Stool, but Gonzo is too lazy to type the extra letter.

At least he's not calling it SHTL short hop toad...legs?
o rite toadstooL like he used to.

And I wanted to be in the credits...:mad:

/rant

great job guys this is awesome

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Wow, Yuna is not going to like the ending.

Anyway, I have a question: could just parts of the combo be used to punished a missed tech (i.e., the opponent hits the ground and does not tech, so Kirby does n-air to d-air to jab lock)?

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Lol at no thanks to Yuna, and at you calling Samus tourney viable ;).

It still looks like you can roll away after the Nair... you're 100% sure you can't?

And if someone fails to tech, you can just start the Jab Lock, correct? The reason this combo is needed is because the footstool guarantees that people will not tech.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA thnx guys and the combos i showed are definetly combos, i may have DI'd a little to much in one Vid but basically u should be right above ur opponent when u fastfall the Nair.

Also u can absolutely punish a missed tech by just Nairing, Dtilt and Jab Locking. I think that if we keep our eyes open for instances we can punish missed techs the opportunities would be numerous. Sorry MK26 i had a feeling a left someone out. My B

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
haha great vid Gonzo, thnx for the add at the end and i couldn't stop laughing after seeing the yuna part.
Keep up the good work, now to move on to better and bigger things, the kirby wavedash!!! Nah just joking, that would be great though :)

cAm

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Great man, really thx Gonzo, you are helping a lot in the development of Kirby's metagame, good job, i'll practice this tech to **** in the next tourney on my city =]

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Thnk u guys, i'm glad to here people are gonna want to try this in tourney and not just as a novelty.

THnx again everyone for ur help and support.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
haha great vid Gonzo, thnx for the add at the end and i couldn't stop laughing after seeing the yuna part.
Keep up the good work, now to move on to better and bigger things, the kirby wavedash!!! Nah just joking, that would be great though :)

cAm
i was recording a video of that actually LOL
JUST KIDDING!!!

i think the key to any kind of wavedash is completely understand the momentum physics of everything and utilizing it to form a wavedash.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
i was recording a video of that actually LOL
JUST KIDDING!!!

i think the key to any kind of wavedash is completely understand the momentum physics of everything and utilizing it to form a wavedash.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
Well, you get to work on that. I expect it soon, no excuses and dont expect me to come and fix this one too. (sarcasm)

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i got a lot of robs to use this on. sweet deal and nice find glad to have been apart of it(even though it was a little bit)lol.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Well, you get to work on that. I expect it soon, no excuses and dont expect me to come and fix this one too. (sarcasm)
LMAO

no worries if i do figure a wavedash out i might have to PM only certain Kirby players so it doesnt get out to the other characters

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
mostdef, not gonna lie if Kirby has some sort of wavedash do u how much of an advantage he'd gain. Say goodbye to annoying Snake mortarslide, snake Utilt, Marth Fair, Marth Fsmash, DK tilts and smashes, Diddy bananas, MK SL, MK Ftilt, the possibilities would be endless.

Now i'm curious to find wavedashing lol

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
ill work on wavedash too.

when i was practicing footstool combo vs rob i discovered if your low enough to the ground kirby wont jump at all but just land on the ground when hes preforming the footstool. what happens is when kirby footstools rob he jumps off his head and stays there till rob is at a 6 or 9 oclock position then jumps off. if your too low kirby will just land on the ground where he can just preform a down tilt and continue with the jab combo.

im gonna do more testing to see if that happenes to other characters.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
ill work on wavedash too.

when i was practicing footstool combo vs rob i discovered if your low enough to the ground kirby wont jump at all but just land on the ground when hes preforming the footstool. what happens is when kirby footstools rob he jumps off his head and stays there till rob is at a 6 or 9 oclock position then jumps off. if your too low kirby will just land on the ground where he can just preform a down tilt and continue with the jab combo.

im gonna do more testing to see if that happenes to other characters.
I've tested it some, it only works on Rob as far as i know.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
first off, this is awesome. =)

secondly, unfortunately, it's FRIGGIN HARD 2 pull off in a real battle! i've got a couple questions cuz maybe i'm doing something wrong:

1. do they need to be at 0%? i've only gotten it to work (in training) at 0%.
2. does the uair need to be fastfalled? i have gotten it to work w/o the fastfall, but i'm wondering if it makes it easier.
3. i find that often my nair lands me on the 'wrong side', as in, facing away from the opponent after the footstool, so my dtilt can't connect, obviously. what am i doing wrong?
4. does it matter if you're jab locking the head or feet? either way, i've only gotten like 3 or 4 hits b4 the cpu gets up.
5. does anyone have a vid using this in an actual battle? cuz that would look AWESOME. =)

k i'm done.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
first off, this is awesome. =)

secondly, unfortunately, it's FRIGGIN HARD 2 pull off in a real battle! i've got a couple questions cuz maybe i'm doing something wrong:

1. do they need to be at 0%? i've only gotten it to work (in training) at 0%.
2. does the uair need to be fastfalled? i have gotten it to work w/o the fastfall, but i'm wondering if it makes it easier.
3. i find that often my nair lands me on the 'wrong side', as in, facing away from the opponent after the footstool, so my dtilt can't connect, obviously. what am i doing wrong?
4. does it matter if you're jab locking the head or feet? either way, i've only gotten like 3 or 4 hits b4 the cpu gets up.
5. does anyone have a vid using this in an actual battle? cuz that would look AWESOME. =)

k i'm done.
1) yes
2)yes, so u can jump b4 they can
3)after u hit the ground u can easily turn and Dtilt so that u hit
4) it doesnt matter.
5) No, thats the next goal.

Rollo

Smash Rookie
Ok I've noticed something.....
When I was practicing the technique on a G&W I could've swore I hit him with two jabs during the jab lock, and he still didnt get up. I was probably seeing things, and i didnt see the damage % afterward, but I'm gonna look into it. The punches came out incredibly fast when I think I did it, and I havent done it on any other chars. I'll post a vid if i can do it again succesfully. Again, i might just be seeing things.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Ok I've noticed something.....
When I was practicing the technique on a G&W I could've swore I hit him with two jabs during the jab lock, and he still didnt get up. I was probably seeing things, and i didnt see the damage % afterward, but I'm gonna look into it. The punches came out incredibly fast when I think I did it, and I havent done it on any other chars. I'll post a vid if i can do it again succesfully. Again, i might just be seeing things.
Your not seeing things, it happens to me sometimes too but i don't know why. I haven't bothered to test it though.

Rollo

Smash Rookie
Thank goodeness I'm not crazy. I've also noticed that G&W has two different ways he can bounce while being jab-locked, one going higher than the other. I havent noticed it with any other characters, since G&W has a very unique bouncing animation, but maybe that has something to do with it. By the way, 5% every jab sounds awesome. That's more than doubling the amount of damage we deal with the jab lock. (Therefore doubling the effectiveness of the combo?) It also minimizes the chance that we ould run out of room.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
lol i have a tourney this Saturday, i'll try it there and hopefully land it on someone. It'll be a good way to find out some ways to mind game it

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
lol i know, i have a friend who's a ROB player Nackerz is his name hopefully we'll smashfest b4 the tourney and i'll get a chance to c how well i can get it

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Don't try to use it so much that you get beaten up trying to land it before your opponent gets damaged o.o

Also I think a big thing is to just go for a footstool whenever they are at the right height and you are close enough.

I got beat up every time I went for it on ROB cause he has so much more range =/

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
i can imagine, i think a good time to use is second stock, cuz everyone know i go for the grab and combo at the start of every stock, so his second stock i'll go for it when he downdodges or i'll normal jump air dodge fastfall Uair as a mindgame.

Dont forget all characters can have this done on them but only those few in the video can it combo most people wont know how to get out it so u can try it on anyone really and hope they dont jump

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
i could send some one a match(replay) i used this in

it was a friendly, and its not the u-air one its the u-tilt, the escapable one

but it was still fun and cool to do, he didnt know what the hell happened and yes he knows very well how to escape it, he just didnt expect it

Top Bottom