• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Jab Lock Combo w/ Character Specific Video

Eggm

Smash Hero
If the opponent couldn't roll out while hes on the ground after the foot stool it would be a pretty gay combo lol.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
i'm pretty sure they can't. I also think u can replace the Nair with a fast falled Fair but u have to make sure only the first kick or second kick hits or else u'll kick them to far away.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
They can't DI this, the Nair hits with a section that has really low knockback so they stay close. Try it u'll c the Nair doesn't knock back that far at all

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
wow i am going to master this so i can do it every single stock =D (until people catch on and do something else or w/e)

so what percent does the utilt to footstool stop working?

btw thanks for finding kickass combos like this and advancing kirbys metagame =)
lol all i ever do is practice in actual matches and never find stuff like this =/ i just apply lol im such a loser XD

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
wow i am going to master this so i can do it every single stock =D (until people catch on and do something else or w/e)

btw thanks for finding kickass combos like this and advancing kirbys metagame =)
lol all i ever do is practice in actual matches and never find stuff like this =/ i just apply lol im such a loser XD
Lol no prob guys, its one thing to make these combos its another to use them. Thats what uall gotta do.

It depends on how fast ur opponent falls. If they are naturally a fast faller then u could get away with maybe 10-15 damage b4 u hit them to high. Otherwise after 10 damage ur gonna have to find another way to set this combo up.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
hmm i think if you just get a feel for the space needed between the opponent and the ground you can just footstool them at anytime and go to nair dtilt jab lock

im going to have to practice this a lot ^^ ahh i wish i had more time to practice lol... tourney tomorrow =/
and im at work right now lol... 4 more hours til i can go practice this XD

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Lol, its actually pretty easy to do once u get the footstool timing down. The hardest part is the fastfalled Nair. You have to do it ridiculously perfect to make sure it combos.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Lol, its actually pretty easy to do once u get the footstool timing down. The hardest part is the fastfalled Nair. You have to do it ridiculously perfect to make sure it combos.
how difficult is it to get an opening to perform this in an actual match? uptilt is fast but if they are expecting it they could shield a lot o.o

i suppose since its either the fthrow- uair or this ill just react according to what they do (if they start shield spamming ill chainthrow them)

still this is amazing since its a potential 0-death combo if you start on one end of the stage and go to the other end and end in fsmash

also curious to know if you can move in the air so that you end up on the other side of your opponent so as to jab towards the farther edge of the stage? (to get the most distance out of the jab lock)

edit: ahh my lunch break is over lol i probably wont look at this again til like midnight cause i have to finish work then going to go practice with friends XD
definitely going to try it out on them lol

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
sounds good, i think u might be able to DI the Nair to the otherside. If u can then u would just reverse the downtilt and b good to go. I'm not sure if u can DI the Nair that well or how the knockback would b effected

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Oh wow. I haven't had the internet in two days, and in that time Kirby's meta game evolves more than it has in the past two months. Awesome find man.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
lol you totally came up with this cause i was saying how people would counter by spamming shield XD

nah im glad i saw this just before i was about to leave work and practice with my friends... nice find =)

i imagine there are more possible setups to the footstool as well...

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
In the throw version, is it possible to DI out of the Down throw before the footstool? Even with the DI, could you still footstool them into the lock?

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
In the throw version, is it possible to DI out of the Down throw before the footstool? Even with the DI, could you still footstool them into the lock?
The opponent can DI but all u have to do is follow them and then footstool. Their DI doesn't pull them nearly far enough away to escape the footstool so its still more than possible to accomplish the lock.

I've noticed that once u've locked ur opponent the best way to keep ur rhythm is to watch Kirby's punches and make sure he's pulled his arm to its original position.

Sakki

Smash Cadet
Alright, so i don't want to be the one to rain on everyone's parade. But after some testing, I've concluded that it's cool, but not practical. It works great on a standing computer, but when I put my lil brother on control during training my hopes for it was kinda crushed.

It can be escaped in two places. First, he could jump out after the u-tilt sometimes depending on his timing. Second, after the footstool, he could effortlessly roll to the left or right no matter how fast i tried to nair him. The stun from the footstool doesn't seem to be long enough.

It is neat and it is still sort of possible in a real match, but the opponent could rely entirely on instinct to avoid it.

I'm still hoping i'm doing something wrong though... :x

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Alright, so i don't want to be the one to rain on everyone's parade. But after some testing, I've concluded that it's cool, but not practical. It works great on a standing computer, but when I put my lil brother on control during training my hopes for it was kinda crushed.

It can be escaped in two places. First, he could jump out after the u-tilt sometimes depending on his timing. Second, after the footstool, he could effortlessly roll to the left or right no matter how fast i tried to nair him. The stun from the footstool doesn't seem to be long enough.

It is neat and it is still sort of possible in a real match, but the opponent could rely entirely on instinct to avoid it.

I'm still hoping i'm doing something wrong though... :x
Ur Nair is not fast enough, i had my brother do the same thing and with perfect timing he could only escape the uptilt by jumping. Snake any character can cancel the footstool jump by using an extremely fast aerial but the timing for this is so hard its almost impossible as long as u do the combo correctly. For example, have ur brother play Snake and then do this combo

Downgrab
(Spam)Uptilt once u start the uptilt animation spam short hop
Short hop: here is the tricky part, u have to do this fast and have excellent aim
Toadstool: Dont miss and dont jump again after the toadstool
Nair then fastfall thats a big trick to this. U have to fastfall as soon as u can, to get down intime for it to hit or else ur opponent will role away.
Dtilt
Jab Lock

I understand its very hard to do but i wouldnt post it on the boards if it didn't work.

For character like MK u can do this Fthrow, Uair, Utilt, jump, toadstool, Nair, Dtilt, Jab Lock
Its been tested and again the only opportunity for escape is if u dont utilize all the stun time from each attack. If u dont utilize all the stun time ur opponent will be able to escape with a well timed Jump

OverLade

Smash Hero
I can't see pulling this off in a hardcore match, but now I can use Kirby for a Falco counter XD. This along with Gonzo combo. :D

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
does the down tilt always trip?
The dtilt is actually a connecting hit that keeps ur opponent stunned long enough to jab lock. for example Lets say we footstool jumped but landed on the ground immediatly afterwards, we wouldnt have to do anything but just jab lock, but since we cant we have to use other moves with low knockback to keep are opponent stunned

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I can't see pulling this off in a hardcore match, but now I can use Kirby for a Falco counter XD. This along with Gonzo combo. :D
with enough practice the combo becomes pretty easy to perform. It just requires practice, a good amount of practice. I suggest playing against a level 9 snake in Training mode so u can reset his damage plus the computers are really good at countering the combo. Nothing a human player would b able to manage but still helps u to perform the combo at maximum speed so not even the comp can get out

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
=/ i wanted to do this for the tourney tomorrow but i realized that 30 minutes of practice is not enough for me to time it perfectly in a real match lol

ahh oh well still great combo i really want to start doing this in real matches lol

so is the timing slightly different for every character etc?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
They can DI out of it at 30% or more. Right? Also, it may be hard to hit them with an uptilt. Would a d-throw up-tilt combo be able to work with this to get it to connect easier. Cause to me, its easier to grab someone than up-tilt somone. And down-throw to up-tilt almost always works.... especially at low %.

Top Bottom