• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Jab Lock Combo w/ Character Specific Video

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
haha that's awesome Hustla. You can send it to me, i've never sent or received a replay before though, do you just need my brawl code?

it's 4811-6625-6025

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
hahahahahahahaha that would b to funny, hopefully we can evolve this thread into just posts of matches with this combo in it and study how the Kirby player set up the combo

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
hmm I think I will use fthrow uair cause what most people mash when I do that is jump, so then I can either try to footstool them before they can jump or maybe predict where their jump will go and footstool them there.

It looks like that people are at the perfect height for this combo at the end of the uair though.

Someone post that video on youtube XD

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
it wont work, my brother and i tested that one thoroughly, thats y we did the whole going back and restesting to figure out who it would combo, if anything u want them to mash anything but jump, airdodge upB anything

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
its not a real match though we were only messing around talking when he just so happened to phuck up horribly and i simply walk up to him and utilt and i kinda messed up on the end of the jab lock but still got the fsmash

i can put it on sendspace.com or something like that

Dflected

Smash Cadet
hey, i've been havin trouble making the up-air send the opponent in the air so you can fs the to the ground. how do i fix this?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Do you think y=it would be possible to lock with the d-tilt? Mixing it up would be awesome, and it would kill stale-move negation (to a certain extent).

Also, is it possible for the d-tilt of the lock to trip your opponent? That would suck, pulling the lock off only to have your opponent luck out and trip to cancel it...

Rollo

Smash Rookie
I found a way the falling uair>shfs might work better in actual brawls. It's to do an advancing jump, (not a shorthop) and then press up on the c-stick and down on the analog stick at the same time. It comes out pretty fast and just seems easier to land than a short hopped uair. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do it very well on taller chracters such as samus and rob.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Do you think y=it would be possible to lock with the d-tilt? Mixing it up would be awesome, and it would kill stale-move negation (to a certain extent).

Also, is it possible for the d-tilt of the lock to trip your opponent? That would suck, pulling the lock off only to have your opponent luck out and trip to cancel it...
u can Dtilt lock or tilt lock for that matter but the knockback is to much to continue it past two hits

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_1N0D0SdIr4

Gonzo, do you think this is possibly useful? I dont have a wii at the moment to test, but the ness player basically n-airs while footstooling. Can kirby do this? If so wouldn't this open the combo for everyone? Now he ONLY toadstools people on the ground, so you probably cant do it in the air (surely we would have realized this by now) But hey, you can look at other possible combos.

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
I found this combo works well:

F-throw Uair, Short Hop, Toadstool, Nair, Jab Lock.

It's basically your combo with some minor adjustments. I like it better for two reasons:

1. It's easier (for me)
2. There is no Dtilt meaning there's no chance that they can randomly trip and mess up your combo.

Any idea if this works well in game?

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lol should make for very interesting Kirby dittos. the problem with the throws are that ur opponent can jump out after the uair if u try and footstool them. Also the dtilt doesn't trip b/c the opponent can't issue a valid command while stunned.

Top Bottom