• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
He still won't be able to touch me, not getting cocky but I just beat him again with losing no lives, but 200 something percentage. (15 lives total) and he doesn't know about the boards.
Maybe you should introduce him to SmashBoards. It isn't fun smacking him around all the time.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm really trying to be a good Kirby since my two best characters aren't confirmed for Brawl yet (Peach and Jigglypuff), but I just keep getting owned by my friends (Samus, Fox, Falco, Sheik). Any tips so I can beat those characters? It seems impossible ~_~
Just relax, but at the same time, try your hardest, and use all your skills to your advantage.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Go to youtube and look up t!mmy, omnigamer and kirby king 90(maybe it is king kirby i forget) for awesome videos.
Omnigamer has some good videos but I think most of them are older. King Kirby 90 is awesome too. Also, Kirbstir and KrazyKirbyKid are masterful Kirby players as well. Outside of them you aren't going to find many good videos to watch because they all simply suck, no pun intended, because they are just imitating these guy's style and poorly at that.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Use ur speed to ur advantage and dodge is attacks while slowly whittling him down.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic... or if Stone really does work for you. >_>

Samochan

Smash Master
It really does! It helped me beat the final Event Match!
Maybe because they're idiotic computers and Giga Bowser is like, huge. No one could possibly miss him, not even with one of the worst move in the game. >_> In real life, stone should only be used for sweetspotting the ledge or mindgames (if even that). Otherwise it's useless piece of garbage. :/

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Maybe because they're idiotic computers and Giga Bowser is like, huge. No one could possibly miss him, not even with one of the worst move in the game. >_> In real life, stone should only be used for sweetspotting the ledge or mindgames (if even that). Otherwise it's useless piece of garbage. :/
Pssh! Shows what you know. :chuckle:

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
me frog from GameFaqs said:
STONE (ROCK DROP) (down+B button)
This move can be used from above or on the ground and it is one of the
best (maybe THE best) special move out there. Kriby will turn into on of
three objects: A spike bomb, a Thwomp, or an anvil. They are all the
same. If in the air, Kirby will fall to the ground inflecting heavy
damage and sending an enemy flying if he hits one. While in rock form,
Kirby is invincible too! Also, when you are high up in the air, in the
magnifying glass, and are about to become a star, use the Rock Drop to
save yourself.
It's true. It's one of the best moves out there! I think we found ourselves a new spammable attack! Kirby is going to be top tier, woohoo.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Thanks guys ^_^ My Kirby has improved a lot, my main problem was that I was trying to play just like I do when I'm using Peach... anyway, now I can beat my friends most of the times (I still miss SSB Kirby). My Peach is still way better... oh, and I don't use Stone.

Thanks a lot to t!mmy, KrazyKirbyKid and King Kirby 90, those videos helped me a lot.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
screw top teir i want god teir! But anyway, has anyone tried to kirbicide cancel a backthrow or anything on yoshis story level with a final cutter on the cloud. I have been getting really close but to no avail. tell me what you think.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Oh. That'd be totally awesome! I've done it only canceled it by grabbing the edge of the stage. It works great when they're trying to sweetspot the edge and you get there just before them at the top of your u-b.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
I mean when you back throw or fthrow kirbicide they usually die first, leting some frames for you to use final cutter. use final cutter right onto the cloud on yoshis island. Its just a thought i cant do it yet.

I was also thinkning of a peach tactic. If you think she is going to use dsmash, bait the move by running up and sliding back and use the hammer while she does fsmash. That too is just a thought that might be good on peaches brokeness.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Oh, Final Cutter to cancel the SD with a throw. That's a novel idea, but does the Final Cutter reach high enough to land on the cloud? Even if not, it's still possible to survive using team tactics (your team mate hits you back up). With double Kirby teams, one could b-throw Kirbycide and the other could drop down and Swallow him after he uses Up-B to give him all his jumps back.

Execution is still pretty difficult, but it would be awesome to pull off in a match. I will definately let my doubles partner know about this on the off chance of it actually working.

Samochan

Smash Master
I'd like to know how many frames you have to execute final cutter from bthrow though. Can't be more than 3... and pulling this off is risky in teams as well, since the other team partner is still around and might get the chance to edgeguard you both. I do think it would be amazing to see though.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
It's impossible to cancel the throw SD with a Final Cutter. You can't even get back onto the cloud on Yoshi's Story. Although, t!mmy's once in a blue moon theory would surprise your opponents if you manage to pull it off (: It's pretty hard to do it, since there's barely any frames where you can get back up.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've decided to start calling Kirbycides with throws (e.g. Back-Throw Kirbycide) as "Kirbykaze".
This helps to differentiate between Swallowcides and generic Kirbycides.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i forget wich throw it is u think its fthrow or bthrow, some one shoud definatly get the farmes fo how long you have to final cutter.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
i forget wich throw it is u think its fthrow or bthrow, some one shoud definatly get the farmes fo how long you have to final cutter.
It's during the bthrow. I assume that the amount of frames available for you to use the Final Cutter is the amount of frames used in Swallowcides (i.e. 7 frames for Bowser) minus however many frames it takes for Final Cutter to activate after you click.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I suppose I could be coerced into finding out the framerates seeing as I have AR. But it won't be until the weekend when I have time... and maybe not then as I may be going out of state for a tournament.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm guessing I'm going to see some Kirby vs Bowser matches when I show up to the venue, eh Gimpy? I'll let you do the video stuff (which will take some work off my hands). :)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I'm guessing I'm going to see some Kirby vs Bowser matches when I show up to the venue, eh Gimpy? I'll let you do the video stuff (which will take some work off my hands). :)
That reminds me of the Bowser Kirby hat in SSBM's Special Movie. That one scene was pretty funny!

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering how you do that Kirbycide where you swallow them and fall down. In Kirby Vids, I see the character fall out of Kirby and Kirby recovers from it. But whenever I try, we both die lol. Stupid freak doesn't escape =(

So am I supposed to press a button, or what?

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
At the bottom when the characters die, the person in your mouth dies first and you have a fraction of a second before you die to hit jump and then fly back to the stage.

It can be difficult to get at first. I suggest going to training mode and slowing the time down when you're first learning.

Also, depending on who is in your mouth you have a different amount of time to hit jump. Bowser gives you the most time with 7 frames, which is only little more than 1/10 of a second. There's a complete list of frame data in this forum somewhere.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Just search for m2k in google and you get a huge list of frame data.

Oh and sorry for the off-topic discussion but are their any tournaments close to RI, i see all these and i can never make it to them

Top Bottom