• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

Dodger

Smash Ace
Sushiman, you're a SoCal Kirby? So there's THREE of us now? 0.o If another one shows up we could start a crew! SoKal Kirby Krew FTW!

edit: You're from Westminster??? How frequently do you make it to biweeklies?

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but the SHDL can only be used against one character, unless it's teams. Falco has his approach available to him against every character in the game.
The question was about cool things that Kirby can do; it never said anything about how often you can do them.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Sushiman, you're a SoCal Kirby? So there's THREE of us now? 0.o If another one shows up we could start a crew! SoKal Kirby Krew FTW!

edit: You're from Westminster??? How frequently do you make it to biweeklies?
Yes, I'm from Westminster, and I live about 5 minutes from Ken's house. I just started getting into competitive smash 2 months ago, so I didn't really bother going over there. I went once, but I got killed (back when I was marth), so I decided to improve before showing up again (and because I'm usually low on money). Actually, it was thanks to that biweekly that I switched to Kirby, because I hated seeing so many marths, space animals, and peaches.

What is WH? Somebody make a list of all this stuff, please.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Kirby is one of my favorite video game characters of all time! I love that little guy!

plus, I think he's my best character in the SSB series.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
No, it is very hard to do successfully. But that is why it is so awesome when you do it. It becomes a free smack talk card for anytime you want it. Plus the question was just some Kirby moves with abbreviated names to sound cool, not to be useful!

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
No, it is very hard to do successfully. But that is why it is so awesome when you do it. It becomes a free smack talk card for anytime you want it. Plus the question was just some Kirby moves with abbreviated names to sound cool, not to be useful!
Oh, right. Good point.

How about combos involving the Final Cutter? I've started to use it in my game, but I don't know what to follow it up with.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Sometimes, if you just rush an opponent with their shield up and start up the final cutter you can catch them just as they drop the shield in preparation for your attack. That's always fun. Plus there's always the tried and true anti edge guard final cutter -> free fair/dair/uair(?) .

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Ledge-cancelled cutter is the only time i use it, although I have seen the projectile used as an edgeguard, giving you time for a more concrete attack. Only works if they're above the ledge, not to high. (Unless the edge is slanted ;) )

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Ledge-cancelled cutter is the only time i use it, although I have seen the projectile used as an edgeguard, giving you time for a more concrete attack. Only works if they're above the ledge, not to high. (Unless the edge is slanted ;) )
Uhh, I'm sorry, used what?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I like ledge-canceled Final Cutter (LC'd FC?) to D-air or Swallow. Especially Swallow. Ha ha ha.

Other than that, and the sporatic combo here and there, I don't use Final Cutter much outside recovery.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Can swallowing + transform combo into anything? In air and on land.
On the edge if you swallow / Spit out instead of Kirbycide they might not DI allowing for a potential U-air. Whenever I'm not in a Kirbycideish mood, I always try to swallow, copy, and combo out of it.

Impp

Smash Ace
If you guys are still talking about Acronymed Kirby Maneuvers (AKM) you might have forgotten the FoP (Fence of pain).

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
If you guys are still talking about Acronymed Kirby Maneuvers (AKM) you might have forgotten the FoP (Fence of pain).
I've done a mini-FoP once, but never again. It's pretty hard to pull off. . .

nitro-blazer said:
After yesterday, I'm ready to admit Fox is indeed Kirby's worst Matchup. Then Samus, then Marth (IMO)
I'm pissed at my cousin's falco. He kept using his laser (while standing, he can't sh and stuff) while I was crouching. It took 10 minutes! And he was getting pissed becuase I kept shield-grabbing. He complains about Samus missile spamming, too. It pisses me off! -_-

Now that I think about it, I've never actually played decent competitive smashers with Kirby. . .

PS: Sorry, Dodger. I couldn't go to the biweekly. It was my friend's birthday that day.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Kirby can SHL(if he swallows falco). Also i like using fcutters projectile on marth as he attempts to recover to the ledge and the downward attack can be used to spike chars close to the edge.

P.S. SoCal Kirbys FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
lol yoyo-ing is too good. i like to use the "some of washington doesn't really know wtf they are doing vs kirby in most matchups" attacks. XD

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
I keep getting my butt handed to me against a link that uses up-b on ground all the time and I can't get near him, how would you get by???? Anyone

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
Predict and Punish.

Wait until it's done and take advantage of the lag.
Kinda hard, since kirbies not on the fast side, once i get there its like, before i can pull up a hammer or any kind of move, he's ready to do it again and I have to be careful because if I knock him into the air, he'll regain balance and
press down-A (stabs sword into ground) and theres a tournament next week!

Impp

Smash Ace
After yesterday, I'm ready to admit Fox is indeed Kirby's worst Matchup. Then Samus, then Marth (IMO).
I'd rather go up against a Fox, than a Marth. Sure, once Fox throws you in the air, your dead, but I at least can land some hits in on a Fox. Marth battles frustrate me to no end. That's just me, though. Your top three are the same as mine... just different order.

1. Marth
2. Fox
3. Samus

I love laying the smack down on noob foxes, who think they're all slick cause they dashdance.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kinda hard, since kirbies not on the fast side, once i get there its like, before i can pull up a hammer or any kind of move, he's ready to do it again and I have to be careful because if I knock him into the air, he'll regain balance and
press down-A (stabs sword into ground) and theres a tournament next week!
Keep close to him while staying in a defensive posture (sliding back, crouching, etc). If Link makes a mistake, even Kirby should have enough time to move in and get a hit or grab in. If you knock him into the air, it should be with a u-tilt so you can combo into U-air or B-air before he has a chance to D-air you with his sword. If he gets hit up so high that he can d-air you, then you should be hitting him horizontally instead to get him off the stage and edge guard him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXu9pYAOCSY

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
Keep close to him while staying in a defensive posture (sliding back, crouching, etc). If Link makes a mistake, even Kirby should have enough time to move in and get a hit or grab in. If you knock him into the air, it should be with a u-tilt so you can combo into U-air or B-air before he has a chance to D-air you with his sword. If he gets hit up so high that he can d-air you, then you should be hitting him horizontally instead to get him off the stage and edge guard him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXu9pYAOCSY
all you guy's advice helps, in a matter of fact we had 15 lives total, I just beat him with 6 left over, to you guy's, it might not be alot, but to me thats a freakin blowout!!! It looks like he was just a weak cheapshotter after all!!
(can't beleive I didn't think of these tips:laugh: )

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
all you guy's advice helps, in a matter of fact we had 15 lives total, I just beat him with 6 left over, to you guy's, it might not be alot, but to me thats a freakin blowout!!! It looks like he was just a weak cheapshotter after all!!
(can't beleive I didn't think of these tips:laugh: )
Haha, I know how that feels. It feels good, doesn't it? Once that Link starts playing smart, it'll get even harder. (I suppose he will go to the Link forums and ask for help (: )

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Hey guys, I'm really trying to be a good Kirby since my two best characters aren't confirmed for Brawl yet (Peach and Jigglypuff), but I just keep getting owned by my friends (Samus, Fox, Falco, Sheik). Any tips so I can beat those characters? It seems impossible ~_~

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm really trying to be a good Kirby since my two best characters aren't confirmed for Brawl yet (Peach and Jigglypuff), but I just keep getting owned by my friends (Samus, Fox, Falco, Sheik). Any tips so I can beat those characters? It seems impossible ~_~
Read t!mmy's competitive Kirby guide and watch a bunch of videos featuring Kirby (Kirby Video Archive)

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
Go to youtube and look up t!mmy, omnigamer and kirby king 90(maybe it is king kirby i forget) for awesome videos.

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
Haha, I know how that feels. It feels good, doesn't it? Once that Link starts playing smart, it'll get even harder. (I suppose he will go to the Link forums and ask for help (: )
He still won't be able to touch me, not getting cocky but I just beat him again with losing no lives, but 200 something percentage. (15 lives total) and he doesn't know about the boards.

Top Bottom