• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Combo Compilation and New comco discoveries thread

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
retro gamer is going to name his 'never-before-done' combo?

I'll name my D-Throw, U-Tilt, Swallow combo: Suck It!

KO M

Smash Apprentice
the omni wha?.... Im confused @ _ @

Its has an official name, wow if thats the name for it then, thats a pretty stupid name. Call it The "Fakehcide"(kirbehcide)

Seriously, the omnigay? who came up with that.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I've had this for quite a while and it's still in the process of being tested.

From 0%: D-Throw > Up-Tilt > Swallow

This combo can surprise aggressive people into getting their power absorbed. It works a great deal,
however, 2/3 of the cast can cancel this combo while the other 1/3 will fall into Kirby's Swallowing range. But it should only be used as a surprise move since it can be canceled. As for how it's canceled I will keep a secret for now.

It can guarantee an Absorb for some enemies- Fox, Falco, Wolf, Snake- which all have a useful B move. Against Fox, you can do multiple Up-Tilts before Swallow (to 20%). It is also advised that Wolf be between 1 and 4% because he can land fast enough to escape.

It can also get in a surprise Kirbycide if the enemy is not careful, but why wouldn't they if it's a Kirbycide?
While playing around with that, I think I made a semi-gonzo combo. Against Fast fallers:

dthrow->double utilt->neutral a->fsmash

Against a reasonable fox, I did this with one utilt and he went from 0% to 51% (I wasn't thinking of a second utilt at the time). I'm pretty sure he couldn't have broken out of it, even if his DI was as good as a computer's and actually was in the correct direction. He might've been able to shield/dodge the fsmash, but I dunno.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
I just discovered a combo while randomly playing online today. Forgive me if this is well-known.

Neutral-a->fsmash

It works like this: you use your neutral a combo, and right as they're about to DI out, stop and f-smash. It may be because I might not have been playing great people, but it failed my once out of about 15 times, and always worked at low percents. D-throw is a good set-up for this if they don't expect it, or you can just wait for the opportunity. If I remember correctly (which I probably don't), I think i dealt a maximum of 45%, and never going below 35.

What do you guys think?
Not a combo, the lag on wifi lets it combo, an opponent can shield the Fsmash if its the first thing they click

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I've had this for quite a while and it's still in the process of being tested.

From 0%: D-Throw > Up-Tilt > Swallow

This combo can surprise aggressive people into getting their power absorbed. It works a great deal,
however, 2/3 of the cast can cancel this combo while the other 1/3 will fall into Kirby's Swallowing range. But it should only be used as a surprise move since it can be canceled. As for how it's canceled I will keep a secret for now.

It can guarantee an Absorb for some enemies- Fox, Falco, Wolf, Snake- which all have a useful B move. Against Fox, you can do multiple Up-Tilts before Swallow (to 20%). It is also advised that Wolf be between 1 and 4% because he can land fast enough to escape.

It can also get in a surprise Kirbycide if the enemy is not careful, but why wouldn't they if it's a Kirbycide?
People Escape this by attacking. Fair and simple. I tried this before and it doesn´t work on people that know what they are doing. Sorry to burst your bubble

I just discovered a combo while randomly playing online today. Forgive me if this is well-known.

Neutral-a->fsmash

It works like this: you use your neutral a combo, and right as they're about to DI out, stop and f-smash. It may be because I might not have been playing great people, but it failed my once out of about 15 times, and always worked at low percents. D-throw is a good set-up for this if they don't expect it, or you can just wait for the opportunity. If I remember correctly (which I probably don't), I think i dealt a maximum of 45%, and never going below 35.

What do you guys think?
Works but generally known. Really. Kirby combo´s are just imagination and mindgames. Apart from the throw combo´s. Which are generally known and don´t need any revamping.

OH WAIT

I thought it was neutral AIR to fsmash. My bad. In that case no. it doesn´t work. Situationally maybe. But decent opponents try to Di out of the vulcan jab and won´t be hit by a fsmash afterwards. Vulcan jab will never to 35% to a good opponent anyways >.<

But if it works on your ****ty opponents by all means prpceed to do so.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
the thing about me when I use Vulcan Jab, I often get punished -_- I have to end it really quickly to avoid punishment, and sometimes I can't even do that.

For example, against Kirby, I get fsmashed. Against Link/Toon Link, I get grabbed. Marth I think can counter in the middle of being punched. Against Meta Knight, I get ftilted.

Kirby's jab is good, you just have to be careful.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
While playing around with that, I think I made a semi-gonzo combo. Against Fast fallers:

dthrow->double utilt->neutral a->fsmash

Against a reasonable fox, I did this with one utilt and he went from 0% to 51% (I wasn't thinking of a second utilt at the time). I'm pretty sure he couldn't have broken out of it, even if his DI was as good as a computer's and actually was in the correct direction. He might've been able to shield/dodge the fsmash, but I dunno.
What about that combo? It worked on fox with one utilt, and it didn't look like he could have escaped, except with pretty good reflector skills. Granted, the neutral a->fsmash won't work, maybe I could use dtilt? And if that tripped I could get an fsmash, or maybe if it didn't another dtilt. Anyone wanna give feedback? I don't have anyone to play offline.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Unless it's a reliable combo that is fairly easy to use, don't even try naming it. You'll come off as an arrogant noob more then anything else really. Like the Dthrow swallow combo. It was widely known and also widely known that it wasn't a reliable combo.

If you have something inventive and actually new. Cause a lot of these combo's are either done by having the slightest bit of intelligence (in which case it is ofcourse known) or just don't work. Be wary of jumping to conlusions
What about that combo? It worked on fox with one utilt, and it didn't look like he could have escaped, except with pretty good reflector skills. Granted, the neutral a->fsmash won't work, maybe I could use dtilt? And if that tripped I could get an fsmash, or maybe if it didn't another dtilt. Anyone wanna give feedback? I don't have anyone to play offline.
No. You said yourself that the vulcanjab to fsmash wouldn't work. Well what do you have then? D-throw to Utilt?! Gee never heard about that one before. Also most ( not gonna say all since I haven't done any testing) characters can jump out after the 2nd utilt regardless of what you do.

Kirby 89

Smash Rookie
Its not really a combo, or offensive approach either, but defensively copying snake's grenades and then using the shortest throw folloowed by a jump and grabbing of the grenade into the rock is a very nice surprise on approaching opponents. if the rock doesnt connect, the grenade still explodes and does damage if the opponent tries to approach for a throw or out of rock smash.

I posted this elsewhere, but no one ever said if it was known or not.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Its not really a combo, or offensive approach either, but defensively copying snake's grenades and then using the shortest throw folloowed by a jump and grabbing of the grenade into the rock is a very nice surprise on approaching opponents. if the rock doesnt connect, the grenade still explodes and does damage if the opponent tries to approach for a throw or out of rock smash.

I can imagine that lookin flashy and cool. Want to try that one sometime.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

It probably won't work on smart opponents, but it's pretty neat. I've never actually tried it in game, due to the amount of preparation it requires. I imagine it could be a good edgeguard though...throw one grenade up, hold another, turn into a Stone... *shrug*

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
ok, i was able to work on my new retro combo and it works, but like all combos, it has its flaws. heres how it goes:

f-throw-uair-utilt-short hop dair (don't fastfall) or short hop nair (fastfall)-f-throw- aerial hammer- 58-60%.

depending on whether you did the dair, or nair, the damage percentage will differ a little. if you are able to short hop and hit with all the dair's hits, you should get 37% (39% on heavyweights for some reason.), then run up to them and grab them, and then jump and do the aerial hammer. you can sometimes hit your opponent with the 1st swing, but you should end up hitting them with the 2nd swing. this should send your opponent off the stage, so run up and spike them!

if you do nair, it'll just do 58 % in the end, unless you punch your opponent 2 times while you have them grabbed. but yea thats all. i wish i could show a vid on how to do it, but i don't know how. so yea, let me know what you guys think. this works mostly on fastfallers, but medium fallers can fall for it too. this retro combo is more reliable than before, so try it guys. this combo is perfect for my motto- get grabbed, get wrecked! lol.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, you might be able to mindgame someone into a forward smash from the jabs if you do just the first two, then Fsmash as they attempt to DI hits you aren't delivering.

Also, here's a fun one with Snake's grenades, though it's not really a combo:
Within Fsmash distance, pull out a genade and shield drop it (you won't be hit by an Ftilt due to the dropped grenade.), pick it up ASAP, and when you do, make sure you hold down the A button. After that tilt your Cstick forward (If it's set to smashes) to do an Fsmash and immediately hit shield the moment it ends.
What this does is you will do a Fsmash while holding a grenade which should explode as soon as you hit shield after your Fsmash. Basically, a Fsmash which, if shielded, delivers amazing shield damage due to the grenade and smash, and the explosion protects you from being shield grabbed. On top of that, no one ever expects a smash attack when you're holding an item.

Finally, Retro, that combo still really sounds like it could b DIed out of, but I'll have to try it and see (My bro who plays Ike is coming soon, so I'll just have to try it on him and see how well it works out. It does sound like a really cool combo if it works though.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Finally, Retro, that combo still really sounds like it could b DIed out of, but I'll have to try it and see (My bro who plays Ike is coming soon, so I'll just have to try it on him and see how well it works out. It does sound like a really cool combo if it works though.
well like my original combo, its more like a surprise combo, but when i tested it, it worked, but not on floaties or semi floaties. just try it out. and don't spam this combo cause your opponent will know when its coming.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I think I've found something. Again (I bet this is probably known or useless, but what the heck).

uair->utilt

This doesn't appear to make any sense, and it shouldn't from what I've typed so far. When your opponent is behind you, use a uair, and make sure you hit with the hitbox that doesn't deliver much/any (I forget which) knockback. Make sure the uair is cancelled at the very end by hitting the ground. Then use the utilt. I've only done this on a grounded sandbag while waiting online:(. This seems a bit to obvious to be something important, but it can't hurt to post it, right?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... Retro, have you actly gotten your combo off on decent offline opponents? I ask because having messed with it a bit, I found at least two places where the opponent has to do almost nothing for it to work (Utilt and the aerial that follows it, unless you meant reverse Utilt, but that sends them higher up, which makes evading the aerial easier.). Maybe I'm just doing it wrong though...

A1, while that works, it's kind of hard to actually pull off a reverse Uair with Kirby IMO. You could always follow that Utilt with a Bair too, or even a reverse Usmash if they're at a low enough %.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think I've found something. Again (I bet this is probably known or useless, but what the heck).

uair->utilt

This doesn't appear to make any sense, and it shouldn't from what I've typed so far. When your opponent is behind you, use a uair, and make sure you hit with the hitbox that doesn't deliver much/any (I forget which) knockback. Make sure the uair is cancelled at the very end by hitting the ground. Then use the utilt. I've only done this on a grounded sandbag while waiting online:(. This seems a bit to obvious to be something important, but it can't hurt to post it, right?
It's actually pretty useful, I do it frequently. I saw someone post it here a few weeks ago, I can't remember who though.

Nair->utilt while facing opposite your opponent is probably just as effective, especially if you fastfall it and hit with the weak part of Nair. The weak part just means that the attack has been out for a second...the immediate hitbox is stronger than the "sex kick" portion of it

T-nuts

Smash Ace
the problem is the nair or uair is easily grabable ( is this even a word?) if your oppoent shields it. sometimes you may be able to quickly spot dodge or utilt but mostly i get hit if i try this. its obviously more effective if you land it on your opponents back but thats often difficult to do, and its still not guaranteed youll be safe, depending on the opponent.

Ekimaster

Smash Cadet
I was experimenting with footstool a bit. I thought about something along the lines of (from 0%) Utilt -> Utilt -> FJ (short?) -> FF Bair (hitting the opponent so that he's still down) -> jab lock
But I have only tried on Falco, and only in training.
The FS is pretty tricky, and so is hitting right with the bair (and of course the jab lock if you're not used to the timing (I'm not)).
Is this working?

EDIT: I'm now doubting it is, but I'm not sure. Similar setups might catch someone by surprise, perhaps.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Won't Bair send them too far for a jab lock though? I don't really know... I'm bad at doing onstage footstools (or in fact any footstools that aren't preceded by a Dair).

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
if you hit with the weak part of the bair it will hardly knock them backat all

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Good point. My bad.
However, is it a better option than Nair in this case? (I'm really not in the mood to test anything atm, to be honest.)

Pimp Master Kirby

Smash Rookie
and another combo that i no works on snake ive used it before its beautiful if you ask me,

fthrow>uair>dthrow>utilt>fair(then run to his body and)>ground fspecial 70%!!!!!!

it may be possible to break out of but ive pulls it off so many times

i call it pimps masterpiece

Top Bottom