• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Kingz Court Presents ~ Battle Royale III: Aftermath! $800 Guaranteed Payout!!

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
King's Court along with Triple Tramp Athletics Presents: Battle Royale III: Aftermath!

This will be the third installment of the Battle Royale series and it will be sure to deliver! This time around we are going to have an $800 Guaranteed payout thanks to Triple Tramp Athletics!

~Banner by Hime~

State College, PA 16801

Date: January 15th, 2011

Contact info:
Dexta aka $murf: (646) 326-4753 AIM: Dextasmurf
Adam aka Nasty: (484) 515-9140 AIM: Takerfan619
Scott: tripletrampgaming@gmail.com

Schedule Tentative
Doors open at 11am
Registration ends at 1pm.
Doubles and Singles start shortly after registration ends.

Entry Fees:
Venue: $10 ($12 at the door)
Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
Singles: $10
Discount: $5 off for the first 30 people to bring a FULL SET-UP (TV/Wii/Brawl).

Registration: Registration will be done online this time to speed up the process. We highly encourage you to register online because online registration (venue fee) is $10. The venue fee at the door will be $12 (You DO NOT have to pay this if you register online!) The first 30 people to bring a FULL SET-UP will receive $5 off the venue fee!

Online Registration: http://tripletrampathletics.com/

WE NEED SET-UPS SO EVERYONE BRING WHAT YOU CAN. IT'LL HELP THE TOURNAMENT RUN MUCH MORE EFFECIENT AND WILL ALLOW YOU TO BE ABLE TO PLAY MORE FRIENDLIES!!!

Rules:
- 3 Stock
- 8 min. time limit
- No Items
- Double Elimination
- DDD's standing chaingrabs are banned. Small Step is legal
- Mk's Infinite cape is BANNED
- First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. (Disputes settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors). The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
- If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
- If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow, whether the player's realized it or not.
- Marth's/DK infinite on Lucas and Ness is banned
- If there is a dispute over controller ports then the two will rock paper scissors (best of 3) to determine who will be in which port.
- Each set is Best of 3. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Stalling/Scrooging is banned. A player must land on the main stage before crossing underneath it again. Call a TO over if there is a dispute.
- There will be a LGL of 40 if a match goes to time. If the time runs out and a person grabs the ledge 41 times, then they lose. If they grabbed it 40 times, they are ok.

For Doubles:
- Team Attack is on
- Controller ports are to be picked in a 1221 fashion. Disputes settled by RPS.

Payout (Tentative)

Singles

1st -48%
2nd -22%
3rd - 14%
4th - 8%
5th - 4% each

Doubles

1st-55%
2nd-30%
3rd- 15%

Stages:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Picks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Miscellaneous: This venue is the Day's Inn and it is located right next to Penn State University! That means there are plenty of places to eat, things to see, and clubs to visit!

Triple Tramp Athletics is currently working on getting a discounted rate for those of you who wish to spend the night at the Day's Inn. They are also working with several places on trying to get discounted/free food for this event! Don't miss Battle Royale III: Aftermath!

All is Brawl Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11341

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You should pay out top 5 since you're expecting a nice turnout + extra sponsor money

pre-reggin with a setup is awkward, you should do only $10 pre reg online and give $5 back to ppl that bring a setup.

$10 per team is cheap

man consult with the head TO of kings court before doin stuff!

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
lmao chibo

We are gonna payout top 5... but i didn't know what percents to put so i just left it at that and put tentative

EDIT: $10 per team was a typo.. nice catch... It should be $10 per person ($20 per team)... I fixed that.

@Robfox... get on that ****...i hope u can make it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
48/22/14/8/4

do i not have enough tourney threads for you to mooch off of? lol

fusion sdso4 cot5 cot4 threads take your pick

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
hahaha, ok i'll change that now... thanks!

Should doubles be 60/30/10 still? Since the $800 is only for singles...

Oh and the sponsor is the one in charge of that website, i can't change that part about refunding $5 at the door.. although that makes more sense.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Supposedly 55 30 15 makes for more even doubles payouts as suggested by AZ, I've been using it for a while now at my events

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
@ Ally... Unfortunately it is. I talked to the sponsor that is helping host this tourney and this is the date that they chose. I tried getting it switched out of respect for Keitaro and everyone running KTAR 4 but the sponsor was unable to move the tourney for whatever reason.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
It's just guaranteed.

So for the ppl that don't understand:
If 20 ppl show up (at $10/person) that's $200... Triple Tramp Gaming is going to throw in another $600 to guarantee that it's $800.

If 90 people show up (at $10/person) that's $900... and Triple Tramp Gamind won't need to add any of their own money into the pot then.

@ Ally... Great, can't wait to see you there! That $800 pot will surely draw people to this!

EDIT: @ SLIM... That's won't be happening my friend! haha

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I was talking with Scott (one of the guys from Triple Tramp Athletics) and he said that if there's time then there might be side events such as low tier singles and/or low tier doubles.. he also mentioned crew battles and what not. They are willing to work with the smash community to give us a great experience!

@Umbra... can't wait bro!

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I can't wait for this tourney. We gotta keep the money in State College.

:002:
Not if Ally is coming :) or me but mostly Ally even though I plan on bringing it in teams.

Guess I'm going to this then. Any clue if its a BONUS POT or just guaranteed.
U 21 never meet u before but seem like u would be a fun person to hit up State College town with after tourney No Homo lol. Anyone 21 plus hit me up for night out on town I'm a PSU Alum so I know whats up :)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Dude nasty, you just need to draw a line for the communities sake. We need to work together. Keitaro has spent so much time planning, we can't be controlled by a sponsor. Just don't agree to help host or hype the tournament. I understand that there might be money in it for you, but a small sacrifice would be worth it to make your next battle royale the biggest one yet. I can already tell you most people will go to KTAR. Hell Philly is closer to KTAR than this. You really should strongly reconsider this.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
@Tant... Sorry dude, the venue is already booked and there has been a down payment iirc. WE are guaranteeing an $800 payout. KTAR would need to bring in 80 people just to rival that. Idk if that many ppl are going to KTAR or not, but we are also advertising in the Penn State University newspaper. There was a local advertised in it before and that drew 65 people iirc. This will have that advertisement and SWF advertisement on top of that. It will bring new faces to the community as well.

I understand how hard keitaro and his team have been working, and i already talked to keitaro about it and sincerely apologized to him when i saw him at Inui's Great Revival.

It is unfortunate, but i do not regret it.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
lay down the law nastyyyyy

lol that random 60 man tournament was such bull****, $5 entry fee to do ffas on two laggy tvs with a 5 minute timer and all I won was a $25 gamestop giftcard and an article in the paper >_<

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
oh wow I forgot this is on KTAR date, yea looks like I'm not gonna go

seriously nasty, talk to them

they can use the reserved venue for whatever, but using sponsor money to compete with keitaro who has been advertising for months is wrong. its not even like they are far apart, this and ktar are very close to each other by driving.
there are like a million other options you can do with this

i really cant support this at all, and also there was hardly any real talk with kings court in preparing this event. you should change kings court presents to nasty and smurf, cause I know I don't have anything to do with this, and dont want to have anything to do with this.

M@v

Subarashii!
Not getting involved with the drama, but I'm going to this simply because its half a block from me(literally, can see my place from the venue entrance), compared to a 4 hour drive.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
any chance of melee? you know I have to ask ^_^

edit: nasty, you guys should stay the night so we can get hammered after this

Roxas215

Smash Lord
It is unfortunate, but i do not regret it.
LETS GOEZ NASTY!!! LAY DOWN THE LAW PIMP LUCAS!!!

But really it's unfortunate this is on the same date as Ktar 4. I know Keitaro has been working his *** of promoting. I really don't know which one were going to now.

But yall can't put all the blame on Nasty. He really has no other choice seeing as how advertisement is already in the local newspaper. Just an unfortunate turn of events.

You know what would settle this? Whatever one has mid tier dubz we in there!!

i really cant support this at all, and also there was hardly any real talk with kings court in preparing this event. you should change kings court presents to nasty and smurf, cause I know I don't have anything to do with this, and dont want to have anything to do with this.
Stop *****ing!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Alternatives:
-Make this a Melee tourney with a guaranteed pot (people will flock to it, esp midwest)
-Hold a completely different game and talk to the sponsor about holding a Brawl tourney on a differ date
-Just have a regular tourney for locals and move the sponsor pot to Mav's event after this, since it's at the same venue and cohost it with him

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
It's a real shame how this ended up happening, but not much we can do now. Hopefully both tourneys get enough of a turnout to make them both successes. I'm obviously going to this one because it's a 5 minute walk from me, but I wish KTAR all the best.

So yeah, low tiers please and thank you!!!!

:036:

EDIT: Post #800 on a Battle Royale thread, this **** just got REAL!!!

NAKAT

Smash Champion
This seems like it would be tight, but like don't make it on the same date as KTAR if anything make this in December because nothing seems to be happening in December and I'll have Christmas break making it easier for me to get to PA. MID TIERS!

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Alternatives:
-Make this a Melee tourney with a guaranteed pot (people will flock to it, esp midwest)
-Hold a completely different game and talk to the sponsor about holding a Brawl tourney on a differ date
-Just have a regular tourney for locals and move the sponsor pot to Mav's event after this, since it's at the same venue and cohost it with him
Melee :) date doesn't matter to me this is MLK weekend and best friend who is in State College bday is Jan 16th so I was already headed to PSU this day so it is a plus for me tourney this wkend too :)

Top Bottom