• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

drogoth232

Smash Lord
What are you talking about?

I always knew.
You only know a fraction of his love (insert le lenny ecks dee faec here)

Soon, we'll have Waluigi in Melee, in Smash 64, and in Smash 4, just because of how dedicated MarioKing is to bringing Waluigi everywhere.
If he could (especially for smash64 because of how difficult it is to mod), he definitely would.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
It's interesting how Smash 64's not very moddy.

So Waluigi's down-special is used with B or R, allowing Waluigi kick forward or dodge backwards, right? What if a movement input did the same thing? Pressing backwards makes Waluigi dodge backwards, and forwards leads into the kick? It's a weird move that I'll need to master.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
It's interesting how Smash 64's not very moddy.

So Waluigi's down-special is used with B or R, allowing Waluigi kick forward or dodge backwards, right? What if a movement input did the same thing? Pressing backwards makes Waluigi dodge backwards, and forwards leads into the kick? It's a weird move that I'll need to master.
I personally advocated for not using too many stick movements. Mostly because at the time when I was coding and testing Waluigi dive, I had broken in my controller a bit more and sometimes left/right would get read incorrectly. I would input right too hard or something and get left. To avoid this, I advocated for not only having only having the game check for the controller direction the first time you moved the controller, but also for reducing the amount of stick movements when all the other buttons existed.

Whether anyone else remembered when the other stuff was implemented, I have no idea v:

Notshane

Smash Ace
It's a weird move that I'll need to master.
I've been using it pretty well, both in general and for my reversals. When you utilize Waluigi fully, he is the ultimate troll of the Mario brothers. I can not tell you how many times I have landed his down air on the last kick, at the bottom, enough for it to knock them to their death at low percents and then springing back up with an extra jump.

Or, sometimes, jumping, doing a reversal special kick and THEN finally using his up special. He is such a good character and I have not enjoyed testing out someone this much since Gray Fox. Also, so glad he has his own battering animations as well that standout quite a bit, as again, the last one that had such a heavy amount of effort done on them in that department was Gray Fox.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Haven't got them yet. you could always just PM me.
I should, gimme a moment. I couldn't on Twitter for some reason, and you only stop by Smashboards once every few weeks or so 'cause you're a busy man with a family to care for, a kingdom to rule, taxes to file, lawsuits to hide, and a country to overthrow.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I think KingJigglypuff KingJigglypuff got too many moon stones or something because I don't remember that particular Pokémon looking so fierce.

Anyway, in Smash 3DS, when you reflect a projectile onto a Starman, a big "Smaaaash" appears. How easy would it be to make that effect appear when Ness sweetspots an attack? I'm thinking of going into PSA stuff, since it's very similar to various programming languages which I have a bit of experience in. I'll need that particular 3DS Sprite though, and it looks like it hasn't been uploaded on the Textures Resource.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Looking great! Who will Waluigi replace in the Project M roster by default?

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I think KingJigglypuff KingJigglypuff got too many moon stones or something because I don't remember that particular Pokémon looking so fierce.
"Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility."

Anyway, in Smash 3DS, when you reflect a projectile onto a Starman, a big "Smaaaash" appears. How easy would it be to make that effect appear when Ness sweetspots an attack? I'm thinking of going into PSA stuff, since it's very similar to various programming languages which I have a bit of experience in. I'll need that particular 3DS Sprite though, and it looks like it hasn't been uploaded on the Textures Resource.
You can easily get that done by making a flat model, applying the Smaaaaash icon as a texture, animating it, and having it come out if the attack hits. Unfortunately, you can't make it come out only if the sweetspot hits though, unless you make the sweetspot come out a Frame earlier.

Looking great! Who will Waluigi replace in the Project M roster by default?
Waluigi uses Pit as a base.

Parallel Parking~
Can we take a moment to talk about Parallel Universes though?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
U͇nfo̺̩̹͖̬̱r͓̗̪t̜̥uṉ̭͖a͙̪̬̳t̫̜̰̦͔̭ͅe̜l̰͎͉y͍̙̲̞̭̝,̣͚̪̖ ̮̺͈̟̲̟̻y͙͍̞̙͚͙̖o̠̤̜ṳ̻̲̩ ̗̙c͈͍͙̺͚̗̭a̳̳͉̬̺̣̰n̪̫'̫̘̜ṭ̪͙ ͖̱͉͔ma̞͇̯ͅk̳̱̙e̦̖̖ ͕̲͈̦̝̪i̻̟̦t̖͎̞̯̗̤ͅ ̳͎̩̯͔̣c̟̗͕om̖͎̫͖̱̬ͅe̳̭̤͓ ͓̙͈͕͚̰ͅo͇̜u͖̩̱t ̞̜o̩̪̯n͔̦l̘͍͉͕ͅy̠ ̜̪̗i͎̬̺̗̖̟͓f̮̥̯̻͇̯̪ t̩h͔̩̮͍̰e͈̫͔ ̬̺̦̝̩͕s̖͍̻͔̼wḙe̻͇͖̝͉̼t̘s̤̙̥̱̜̯p̥̭ọ̯̳ͅt͎̦̲̬̪̱̹ ̤̬h̯i̮͓͍̜̥͍t̗s̜̝̥ͅ ̬͎ͅthough, unless you make the sweetspot come out a Frame earlier whatever.
All my life... It's all I've ever wanted. And it's impossible-ish.
What's with the frame thing though? Why does that be a thing?

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
All my life... It's all I've ever wanted. And it's impossible-ish.
What's with the frame thing though? Why does that be a thing?
Take a look at this example coding to see what I mean.

Code:
Asynchronous Timer: frames=4
Sweetspot
Synchronous Timer: frames=1
Added soursports
Synchronous Timer: frames=4
Terminate Collisions
Code:
Asynchronous Timer: Frames=4
Set Loop: 5 Times
If: Hitbox Connects
GFX Command
SFX Command
End If
Synchronous Timer: frames=1
Execute Loop
If only the sweetspot comes out on Frame 4 and stays while the sourspots are added, you're more likely to get the If Hitbox Connects coding to trigger on the sweetspot hit. Kinda like how PM Captain Falcon can hold Up D Pad to go "YES!" after sweetspotting a Knee.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
MAN, I FREAKING HATE FALCO SO MUCH.

Not as bad as Fox BUT SICK DANG.
Have any competitive Project M players had a chance to give Waluigi a test-run?
I think the only way modded characters are going to have any stance in tiers then there would have to be a special modded character tournament.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Have any competitive Project M players had a chance to give Waluigi a test-run?
Many people I asked have called me a troll. Then they ask if he was supposed to officially be in PM.
Then they leave without playing.
So bm.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Many people I asked have called me a troll. Then they ask if he was supposed to officially be in PM.
Then they leave without playing.
So bm.
That's incredibly rude, but I can kinda see why they would act like that. Why would they humor a random Brawl modder's moveset that isn't officially in PM?

You'd be better off asking former PMDT to playtest it.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
That would be pretty interesting... But super broken.
The only way to determine if a character is broken is to have professional people play as them.
Like Ridley for example. Lots of his moves seem over the top but he does have some glaring issues (like being big and light). Sure there are some mods that are definitely overpowered but then there are mods that are trying to make legit characters. If we used those characters then issues could be found and fixed.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
The only way to determine if a character is broken is to have professional people play as them.
Like Ridley for example. Lots of his moves seem over the top but he does have some glaring issues (like being big and light). Sure there are some mods that are definitely overpowered but then there are mods that are trying to make legit characters. If we used those characters then issues could be found and fixed.
People claiming that Ridley's broken right now should hope that we don't eventually end up getting him into Brawl-...now that is where he'd be broken. :p

Seriously, though, it's great that Waluigi's going to be in the new version of Brawl-...but maybe we should have more mean purple fighting machines in this game.

Top Bottom