• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
You all know what today is, right...

For the sake of blazing it, I'll be releasing the Sm4sh Charizard PSA later today (4:20 PM EST).

Cool I really like Flare Blitz. I also like that you kept the Project M down special. Do you plan on making a Dragon Rush version?
If there's a higher demand for it, I could consider it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Alright, everyone...It's time...

TO BLAZE IT!

Take this hot fire!
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208853
Have fun, just make sure not to get burned.
This is amazing, but what's up with those smash attack charge animations? He just slides left and right. Sm4sh (3DS?) animations don't do it in same way as Brawl animations, but it's easy to fix and doesn't takes much time either. This isn't game breaking, but it's very distracting. Another problem is that in PM version, he slides too far after Flare Blitz. He gets very close to the edge of PM FD. I don't remember it sliding that far in Sm4sh.

Last edited:

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
Alright, everyone...It's time...

TO BLAZE IT!

Take this hot fire!
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208853
Have fun, just make sure not to get burned.
Just downloaded it recently for PM and it is GREAT! It really feels like Smash 4 Charizard and I can't help but love Flare Blitz, it's great. Though...

Another problem is that in PM version, he slides too far after Flare Blitz. He gets very close to the edge of PM FD. I don't remember it sliding that far in Sm4sh.
I have to agree with Bagan on this one. It's feels off having it go that far.
Then again it can make Flare Blitz more Risk and Reward.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
This is amazing, but what's up with those smash attack charge animations? He just slides left and right. Sm4sh (3DS?) animations don't do it in same way as Brawl animations, but it's easy to fix and doesn't takes much time either.
The Sm4sh 3DS charge animations don't have shaking to them (Wii U animations can't be ripped yet either), and it would have been too much work to manually edit them to add shaking (since everything is keyframed and the rotations are very different than normal, due to the method of porting the animations onto a Brawl skeleton), so I had to insert subtle YRotN movement to simulate the shaking. It was either that, or no shaking at all.

I have to agree with Bagan on this one. It's feels off having it go that far.
Another problem is that in PM version, he slides too far after Flare Blitz. He gets very close to the edge of PM FD. I don't remember it sliding that far in Sm4sh.
I know for sure that in Sm4sh, Flare Blitz slides that far. The traveling part of the attack travels about 2/3 of FD, while the end slides for the last third. I wanted to get the moment as close to Sm4sh movement as possible, so I compared the two at the same time (Gamepad for Sm4sh and Dolphin for Brawl).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The Sm4sh 3DS charge animations don't have shaking to them (Wii U animations can't be ripped yet either), and it would have been too much work to manually edit them to add shaking (since everything is keyframed and the rotations are very different than normal, due to the method of porting the animations onto a Brawl skeleton), so I had to insert subtle YRotN movement to simulate the shaking. It was either that, or no shaking at all.
So, rotations aren't fixed in that tutorial. I thought only everything being keyframed was the problem. Oh well. Maybe at some point in the future, that kind of stuff won't be a problem.
I know for sure that in Sm4sh, Flare Blitz slides that far. The traveling part of the attack travels about 2/3 of FD, while the end slides for the last third. I wanted to get the moment as close to Sm4sh movement as possible, so I compared the two at the same time (Gamepad for Sm4sh and Dolphin for Brawl).
Weird. It still looks unnatural when his legs don't move much while he slides so far.

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
Just a question, are you planning to do more Smash 4 Brawl/PM PSAs in the future?

I'm not saying do all of them, I'm just saying would you consider it. Yes or No is fine it's just I really like what you've done with Charizard.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
So, rotations aren't fixed in that tutorial. I thought only everything being keyframed was the problem. Oh well. Maybe at some point in the future, that kind of stuff won't be a problem.
The rotations are technically fixed, as bone pinning is required to convert a Sm4sh animation to a Brawl skeleton. It's just that the converted rotations are so whack (like -360, -180, 360 for example).

Just a question, are you planning to do more Smash 4 Brawl/PM PSAs in the future?

I'm not saying do all of them, I'm just saying would you consider it. Yes or No is fine it's just I really like what you've done with Charizard.
Yes, but I still need to finish my current projects first. I only worked on Sm4sh Charizard because I started it before I started work on Deoxys.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Nothing new yet, aside from what I said before. Gonna page J jaystring so he can post an update if he wants.
yeah I got something!

Here Deoxys's "Normal" Model Retextured pretty much done

The shader and material will need work (right now it's a basic specular in 3dsmax but the real shader should look much better)

not counting the shader and material, I'm quite happy with the texture itself now

The other 3 will get similar treatment

Front :

Back :

Notshane

Smash Ace
I imported and did some converting to get it compatible with a Brawl skeleton.

Back before I figured it out, I did attempt to re-create it.

You can see my original custom animation for it here (without TransN movement). The animation's long gone though, as I didn't need it anymore. From comparing, I got basically everything wrong. :x
You guys are so good at animating.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I said that I'll include Custom Specials for Sm4sh Charizard if there's a high enough demand, so I'm gonna make a Strawpoll for it.

[Retracted. Poll has ended.]

This poll will last for a week, so if there's a favoring majority, then I'll try my best to insert Custom Specials for Sm4sh Charizard.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I said that I'll include Custom Specials for Sm4sh Charizard if there's a high enough demand, so I'm gonna make a Strawpoll for it.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10025270

This poll will last for a week, so if there's a favoring majority, then I'll try my best to insert Custom Specials for Sm4sh Charizard.
I don't really like most of Charizard's customs, the only one I like and use is his rock smash that's more vertical.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I don't really like most of Charizard's customs, the only one I like and use is his rock smash that's more vertical.
I think instead of just doing all of them, I could instead keep this poll open for half a week, and if the majority favors, then I'll make a second poll to see which Specials they want to have Custom options for. As if all the Custom Specials options for Charizard are possible, then that's going to be at least 16 different entries for Brawl users for all the possible options (I'll only have a Dragon Rush variant for the PM Flare Blitz version).

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Poll update, I'm going to be ending the current Strawpoll tomorrow morning and make a new Strawpoll to go in depth with the Custom options, so people can choose which Custom Special options I'll be coding in (if possible) for Sm4sh Charizard.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Poll update, I'm going to be ending the current Strawpoll tomorrow morning and make a new Strawpoll to go in depth with the Custom options, so people can choose which Custom Special options I'll be coding in (if possible) for Sm4sh Charizard.
Cool! You should uh... You should just give him Hyper Beam so I don't have to when I turn him into Dragonair hahaha. (jk)

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Cool! You should uh... You should just give him Hyper Beam so I don't have to when I turn him into Dragonair hahaha. (jk)
I actually want to turn him into Dragonite, but there's no good model on the vault. (And Dragonite can't learn Flare Blitz...)

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Dragon Rush though. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Bro bro, them's completely different:
flare blitz.PNG

dragon rush.PNG

There has to be a one-in-four chance that Dragon Rush just misses completely. Does self-damage, and you can only use it up to ten times.

I'm pretty sure you can only use Flare Blitz fifteen times in Smash anyway, right? After that, your character just explodes.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Bro bro, them's completely different:
View attachment 105251
View attachment 105252
There has to be a one-in-four chance that Dragon Rush just misses completely. Does self-damage, and you can only use it up to ten times.

I'm pretty sure you can only use Flare Blitz fifteen times in Smash anyway, right? After that, your character just explodes.
All non-sense aside, Dragonite as a semi-clone of PM Charizard would be pretty cool. Id keep PM Charizard, and give the Sm4sh Charizard moveset to Dragonite.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
All non-sense aside, Dragonite as a semi-clone of PM Charizard would be pretty cool. Id keep PM Charizard, and give the Sm4sh Charizard moveset to Dragonite.
This is exactly what I'm doing. Ideally I'd like to replace his flamethrower with something similar to Rob's laser, but wider and with a longer cooldown. Boom. Hyper Beam.

Dragon Rush though. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I mean, you could just change the fire to blue right? Aura might be close enough if you're lazy.

I actually want to turn him into Dragonite, but there's no good model on the vault. (And Dragonite can't learn Flare Blitz...)
Honestly, the newest model that was posted isn't terrible. It has a goofy neck, but the tail looks good and everything seems to work about as well as it can. Be cool if somebody could make the neck look better though.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
This is exactly what I'm doing. Ideally I'd like to replace his flamethrower with something similar to Rob's laser, but wider and with a longer cooldown. Boom. Hyper Beam.

I mean, you could just change the fire to blue right? Aura might be close enough if you're lazy.

Honestly, the newest model that was posted isn't terrible. It has a goofy neck, but the tail looks good and everything seems to work about as well as it can. Be cool if somebody could make the neck look better though.
Flamethrower replaced with Hyper Beam would be awesome! If it were up to me, make the beam powerful, but with a longer cool down, since its hyper beam and all.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm gonna end the current poll. With 38 voters, I'll be including Custom options for Sm4sh Charizard with a favoring 27/38 vote majority and an un-favoring 11/38 vote minority.

Though I'll be making a new poll now.

[Retracted. Poll has ended.]

This poll will last for the rest of the week.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm gonna end the current poll. With 38 voters, I'll be including Custom options for Sm4sh Charizard with a favoring 27/38 vote majority and an un-favoring 11/38 vote minority.

Though I'll be making a new poll now.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10063605

This poll will last for the rest of the week.
I think I'd prefer all, but I selected Neutral and Side. I like his Fire Fang Neutral quite a bit and if I go my Dragonite route, making his side special Dragon Rush would actually be perfect haha!

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
So far, it seems like the majority wants me to do all the possible custom options for Sm4sh Charizard, though we still have two days left until I end the poll.

If I do all the possible combinations, that's gonna be at least 12 different versions, which I don't really want to do, so instead, I'll have 3 different versions, one with the regular Specials, a second one with the second Special options, and a third with the third Special options.

While this will mean you'll have to learn a bit of PSA to mix and match Specials, it'll be a lot less work on my end to have 3 different versions, rather than over 12. It may be less than that if certain Specials options aren't possible in Brawl.

I'm also going to do something for future and current PSAs, which is to write out planned movesets, so I'll know what I want to do when I get to the said characters. This includes certain possible candidates as well.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
With the poll coming to an end (the poll will end tomorrow in the afternoon), I've decided to post a written moveset for a potential character in the future.

Thanks to a few members on the Gamindustri subreddit, I've constructed a planned moveset for this character candidate. I'm sure the weebs here will love this.

It's none other than Planeptune's CPU, Neptune! The (mostly) main character of the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise!
(Written Moveset)

Top Bottom