• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Once the two psa's of K. Rool (MK and Bagan) are done, we should see which one would triumph over the other....
I don't like the way Bagan does walk cycles. He also does almost everything himself, while MarioKing has a team.
Bagan - however, is a little more inspired by the community...

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
No updates regarding Deoxys nor Smash 4 Charizard, but I do have an update for a group project.

As you can see, MK's been putting out a fair amount of work lately.
I feel like the crown and "skin" could use some work.

The crown could use more detail. It's too plain. I understand that his original model doesn't have as much detail in it, but it could use some engravings or markings on it so that it fits in with Brawl more. Use Peach's color tone as a reference.

The skin could use some work. It's too dull for Brawl and could use more contrast in the scales. Look at Luigi's shade of green for a reference.
The details It look really flat right now. Look at Bowser for example, he has lots of highlights and lowlights that brings out more definition and shape to his limbs, and contrast to bring out the scales.

From a distance during gameplay, the scales won't be noticable due to how light they are.

His clothing for the outfits look good though. The highlights on the gloves for Boxer Rool may be too glossy, but it still looks okay.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I feel like the crown and "skin" could use some work.

The crown could use more detail. It's too plain. I understand that his original model doesn't have as much detail in it, but it could use some engravings or markings on it so that it fits in with Brawl more. Use Peach's color tone as a reference.

The skin could use some work. It's too dull for Brawl and could use more contrast in the scales. Look at Luigi's shade of green for a reference.
The details It look really flat right now. Look at Bowser for example, he has lots of highlights and lowlights that brings out more definition and shape to his limbs, and contrast to bring out the scales.

From a distance during gameplay, the scales won't be noticable due to how light they are.

His clothing for the outfits look good though. The highlights on the gloves for Boxer Rool may be too glossy, but it still looks okay.
I thought the same for the colour and lack-of-detail - but it's hard to judge from those plain-light renders, I'd need to see the model in-Engine to tell.
I think some AO here and there would do wonders - especially on the snout. It's hard to tell that the snout has any length in those renders.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Texture stuff Ess Enn Eye Pee
I don't think MK will be touching textures again, but just for the sake of doing it, I'll shoot this over to him.

Danks as always

Once the two psa's of K. Rool (MK and Bagan) are done, we should see which one would triumph over the other....
I'll be sure to make KRool's Jab a 1hko

I don't like the way Bagan does walk cycles. He also does almost everything himself, while MarioKing has a team.
Bagan - however, is a little more inspired by the community...
There's no need to compare who's doing what. If anything, they're both doing equal amounts of work.

What we're making (and I've said once before) is MK's vision of these characters. While most of the moves and stuff he's set on, we're always able to give feedback (that's stupid as hell, that's awesome, etc) if we deem it absolutely necessary.

Trust me, Waluigi would have been a literal nightmare to fight against if MK got his way all the time.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Sorry! It's just that I can't decide between the two and they're both not even out yet... :(

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Long live the king!

Sir Jigglypuff! Is it feasible to change the swim length of an individual character? Potentially to infinity?

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Long live the king!

Sir Jigglypuff! Is it feasible to change the swim length of an individual character? Potentially to infinity?
Pretty sure there's an attribute or something that dictates that.

If not, I'm sure I remember an IC Constant that dictates how long someone has been swimming.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Long live the king!

Pretty sure there's an attribute or something that dictates that.

If not, I'm sure I remember an IC Constant that dictates how long someone has been swimming.
It's a Variable, actually.

The said variable is LA-Basic[20]. I would assume you would set this to 0 in a loop if you wanted to infinitely swim.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Take a look at these dank King K. Rool alts.
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Finally, render with fancy lighting! The design's definitely grown on me, though I kinda wish he applied a few of Nanobuds' suggestions, bigger scales, more detail, etc... Though texturing is impossibly hard, so I understand.
I also think the bloodshot eye should be bigger.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
That is actually a good point there. That alt shouldn't be that hard.
Especially since Waluigi has the Mario Soccer or whatever alt, they would compliment each other nicely. And I'm pretty sure that appearance was the first instance of his redesign, which this alt obviously replicates.

This reminds me - how close is Waluigi to being Project M balanced?

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
This reminds me - how close is Waluigi to being Project M balanced?
You just haaaaaad to bring him up, didn't you?
I'm giving all of spring break for finer tuning.

I'll address the other stuff at a better time (for myself, obviously. I don't care if it's a bad time for you v:)

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Who are Pikazz and Data_Drain? What do they do? I've never heard of them before!
Both are originally from KC-MM (like me). Pikazz has done a fair amount to help advance moveset modding, while Data_Drain's been with us to test for balancing and giving ideas.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
if waluigi is the best moonwalker in project m i will give you a lapdance ;)

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
May be a stupid question but are all of your projects going to be pm compatible?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Your majesty, are you or MarioKing on Discord? It's hot 'n' happenin' with the kiddos nowadays. For shizzle!
Planned PSAs:
-Deoxys.
-Sceptile.
How far are these two? I always thought that Deoxys was pretty close, other than the wonky textures.

Does Brawlinthefamily Waluigi have the 2-D shader that Mr. Game & Watch has?

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Your majesty, are you or MarioKing on Discord? It's hot 'n' happenin' with the kiddos nowadays. For shizzle!
I have a Discord, but I don't think MK does.

I always thought that Deoxys was pretty close, other than the wonky textures.
Deoxys is nowhere near close for a video preview, unfortunately. Jaystring's getting the texture work done right now, he just has Speed Form to do, then I should be able to get started on animation matters.

How far are these two?
The only progress Sceptile has had was when StarWaffle worked on its model. Though since he's given me his files again, Nano offered to finish it up.

I'm also going to be bumping Xenomorph up on my priority list, so the list of characters to work on is updated to be as followed:
-Deoxys.
-Sceptile.
-Xenomorph.
-Misery/Dio.
-Raptor.

Character priorities may shift as the months go by, but Deoxys and Sceptile will always stay in the same spots.

Does Brawlinthefamily Waluigi have the 2-D shader that Mr. Game & Watch has?
No. BitF Waluigi uses a modeled outline to make him look like a cartoon.

Top Bottom