• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

Notshane

Smash Ace
Small talk ignored once again. Ah, well, I guess it is time to throw in the towel and ask a question I know will get answered.

KingJigglypuff, will the Wii U Charizard port also include his final smash from that game? Or, are you going to use Charizard Y instead to make your own original concept? If these are too deep of questions to answer, feel free to ignore them completely.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Small talk ignored once again. Ah, well, I guess it is time to throw in the towel and ask a question I know will get answered.
u wot, m8?

(senses glare from KingJigglypuff)
You wanna go, mate? I'll bash yer head in, I swear on me mum.

KingJigglypuff, will the Wii U Charizard port also include his final smash from that game? Or, are you going to use Charizard Y instead to make your own original concept? If these are too deep of questions to answer, feel free to ignore them completely.
I'm not sure if file size limitations will allow me to do that. I'd love to, but I'm not sure if it's even possible, even if I did have the file size room for it.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
u wot, m8?
Do, dodo, dodo ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ AH! He noticed me!

You wanna go, mate? I'll bash yer head in, I swear on me mum.
O rly? ( ᐛ )و I'd like to see you try.

I'm not sure if file size limitations will allow me to do that. I'd love to, but I'm not sure if it's even possible, even if I did have the file size room for it.
Someone made a Charizard Y final smash once, so if I ever found that, you could use that as a base. It surrounded the foe in a flame column well Charizard Y circled them, but I forgot what he did after that.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Do, dodo, dodo ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ AH! He noticed me!
So all this time, you just wanted senpai to notice you. :v

O rly? ( ᐛ )و I'd like to see you try.
1 v 1 me.

Someone made a Charizard Y final smash once, so if I ever found that, you could use that as a base. It surrounded the foe in a flame column well Charizard Y circled them, but I forgot what he did after that.
That was my Solo Charizard, which used Link as a base. :L

Notshane

Smash Ace
So all this time, you just wanted senpai to notice you. :v
That's all I ever wanted in this thread ( ;△; )

1 v 1 me.
My blade is ready if your long, red tongue is.

(goodness this sounds bad, I hope he gets that it is a reference to his main)

That was my Solo Charizard, which used Link as a base. :L
Hmm, right. I seem to forget you are among the few that actually do good animations. Well, besides EternalYoshi with that GREAT Gray Fox mod that never got finished :( I am not too surprised that you were the one responsible for that Charizard.

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
There will be two versions for the PM version. One with PM Specials and one with Sm4sh Specials.
Version 1: Project M edits with Project M Specials (Heat Wave and Fly).

Version 2: Project M edits with Smash Specials (Flare Blitz and Rock Smash).

Version 3: Project M edits with Flare Blitz and Fly.
I was talking about V3 here. Also out of curiousity, would this be a true "Hybrid"? Like, PM Nair, Wii U Bair, PM Down B, Wii U Side B, etc?

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Charizard is seriously one of my most hyped in progress mods right now. I've never dug PM Charizard.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
My blade is ready if your long, red tongue is.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I am not too surprised that you were the one responsible for that Charizard.
You shouldn't be surprised, as Solo Charizard is listed in the OP of this thread, you silly goose. ˙ ͜>˙

I was talking about V3 here. Also out of curiousity, would this be a true "Hybrid"? Like, PM Nair, Wii U Bair, PM Down B, Wii U Side B, etc?
Yes.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
So out of curiosity has Jaystring got what you needed done for Deoxsys? Just wondering cause there hasn't been anything on it for awhile.

jaystring

Smash Ace
So out of curiosity has Jaystring got what you needed done for Deoxsys? Just wondering cause there hasn't been anything on it for awhile.
no I'm not done yet! sorry!

I'm actually in the process of tweaking the UVs of all 4 models to make them more optimized, kind of removing the need for 512x512 textures. What I mean here is the new model will have as much details in 256x256 textures then the old model had in the 512x512 textures because of all the wasted space the old UVs had.

Once the UVs are done, i'll make new textures for all 4 models.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
no I'm not done yet! sorry!

I'm actually in the process of tweaking the UVs of all 4 models to make them more optimized, kind of removing the need for 512x512 textures. What I mean here is the new model will have as much details in 256x256 textures then the old model had in the 512x512 textures because of all the wasted space the old UVs had.

Once the UVs are done, i'll make new textures for all 4 models.
Ok cool can't wait, I have been hyped about Deoxsys since I saw that KingJigglypuff was making him.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
@Theytah delivered, so I present to you screenshots of the updated model and recolors in glorious...720p HD.

When I do get to releasing this, there will be two versions of the model.

Version 1 will have the standard Brawl Charizard eyes (SRT0 + PAT0), and Version 2 will have VIS0. I'll also provide codes that shrink the Network memory and increase FighterResource1 (thanks to ASF1nk), as the VIS0 eye models will crash without increasing the FighterResource1 allocation (at least with the Mini PSA that's gonna go with it).

I could make a third and fourth version with reduced texture sizes to be more file size friendly though.

Obskore

Smash Ace
@Theytah delivered, so I present to you screenshots of the updated model and recolors in glorious...720p HD.

Version 1 will have the standard Brawl Charizard eyes (SRT0 + PAT0), and Version 2 will have VIS0. I'll also provide codes that shrink the Network memory and increase FighterResource1 (thanks to ASF1nk), as the VIS0 eye models will crash without increasing the FighterResource1 allocation (at least with the Mini PSA that's gonna go with it).

I could make a third and fourth version with reduced texture sizes to be more file size friendly though.
speaking of which, is there a tournament-legal version yet?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
speaking of which, is there a tournament-legal version yet?
Technically, it's tourney legal (as the model has the same Bone IDs and animations automatically scale), it's just not Wi-fi safe. A truly Tourney legal/Wi-fi safe version would require re-rigging the tail, wings, neck, and fingers. While I can get to it eventually, it's not entirely a priority right now, but I can attempt it near release.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman

Wait I think I missed something somewhere. Is this charizard a vBrawl mod? and if not why is Pokemon Trainer there?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Obskore Obskore You're in luck, as I've decided to give a truly Wifi/Tourney legal version a go. It' basically done, but I feel dissatisfied with how the shoulders are rigged, so I'm gonna need to tinker with it.

Wait I think I missed something somewhere. Is this charizard a vBrawl mod? and if not why is Pokemon Trainer there?
When I make mods, I first make them with vBrawl in mind. After that, I make Project M versions.

Its a Model that can go over Charizard, Not a PSA.
Technically, there's going to be a PSA included.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Obskore Obskore You're in luck, as I've decided to give a truly Wifi/Tourney legal version a go. It' basically done, but I feel dissatisfied with how the shoulders are rigged, so I'm gonna need to tinker with it.

When I make mods, I first make them with vBrawl in mind. After that, I make Project M versions.

Technically, there's going to be a PSA included.
hmm, is there a reason it can't have the same rigging as original Charizard?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
hmm, is there a reason it can't have the same rigging as original Charizard?
While they have very similar geometry, the wings, tail, fingers, and neck have different bone placements, so I have to manually re-rig a few things. Since the geometry was very similar, I was able to Skin Wrap and manually patch up some wonky rigging. It also turns out that the shoulder rigging is fine (for the most part). It was just me being very nitpicky.

To tie people over until the moveset stuff, I could release the truly Wifi safe version after I do some testing.

wiztick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xhudayoloswagx
are u going to attempt to make a wiiu bowser or yoshi import down the line?

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Bower's way too different in geometry for me to attempt it. Though Yoshi is reasonable, so I could do Yoshi down the line.
Yo King Jiggly, what do you think about the idea of using Nano's new Shadow the edgehog model to make a high quality (emphasis on high quality) Shadow PSA down the line in your free time?

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Yo King Jiggly, what do you think about the idea of using Nano's new Shadow the edgehog model to make a high quality (emphasis on high quality) Shadow PSA down the line in your free time?
Even if he says yes, you won't see it for a while.
Especially if you want high quality (emphasis on high quality).

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
There's already a quality Shadow PSA though. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=19022

Even if there wasn't, I don't think I would, as I barely follow the Sonic franchise. Even then, the best I could think of would be a Sonic semi-clone with different Specials and a few different moves. The only Sonic character I worked on was Silver...twice. And both times, the result was washed out and rushed (though you can blame me being newer to moveset making back then). It'll be more likely for me to get to a Silver revamp more than anything.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
No. I think SDo0m made that before he was accepted into the PMDT. My point still stands though. If I were to make a Sonic character, it would be a Silver revamp.
Thank you both for the answer and that is ok KingJigglypuff I was just wondering if that Shadow was PM balanced thats all. Do you guys know of any PM balanced ones or close to being PM balanced?

Notshane

Smash Ace
At the time, you could call that high quality. But, look at Gray Fox, Waluigi, (two characters disclosed for personal reasons), Spider-Man (PM version) and this guy does not seem all that special anymore besides having detailed CSPs, textures and noticeably different moves. But, they do not flow nearly as well as the other five characters that I mentioned.

No offense to the guy that made him, but I would call that above average at most if we are talking about present time modding.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
At the time, you could call that high quality. But, look at Gray Fox, Waluigi, (two characters disclosed for personal reasons), Spider-Man (PM version) and this guy does not seem all that special anymore besides having detailed CSPs, textures and noticeably different moves. But, they do not flow nearly as well as the other five characters that I mentioned.

No offense to the guy that made him, but I would call that above average at most if we are talking about present time modding.
I get your point. To the standards that were raised with the advancements of today, even SDo0m's Shadow can be considered outdated. Though I still won't be making my own Shadow. :u The only way one can consider having me make Shadow is if one of the various people I'm working with for group projects decides to make their own Shadow.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I remember a awesome Shadow PSA for PM om YT and it was VERY unique compared to the ones on the Vault, I haven't seen anything new since.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Looks great. At first his K. Rool looked weird but now he looks very nice. Good job.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm still having trouble getting used to it, though it's probably a case of Melee Fox vs. Brawl Fox, (Rareware K. Rool vs. Jungle Climber K. Rool) the design choices MarioKing's been going with are rational with Brawl's designs and aesthetics... But I've always known K. Rool for his Donkey Kong 64 face.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Once the two psa's of K. Rool (MK and Bagan) are done, we should see which one would triumph over the other....

Top Bottom