• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

Notshane

Smash Ace
And if I could list only one complaint about him, it would be for his voice. The clips are high quality and they sound fine, but whenever I play on a big stage, he sounds really quiet; almost to the point where most of his moves are dead silent and I can not hear him at all. He appears to only be loud when I am in a stage that is more zoomed into the fighters.

Does it have something to do with Primid?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
And if I could list only one complaint about him, it would be for his voice. The clips are high quality and they sound fine, but whenever I play on a big stage, he sounds really quiet; almost to the point where most of his moves are dead silent and I can not hear him at all. He appears to only be loud when I am in a stage that is more zoomed into the fighters.

Does it have something to do with Primid?
Yes, it does have to do with the Primid's Soundbank, but it unfortunately cannot be fixed. (Well, there is, but it involves using a code from PM, which I will not be posting, as it's not a public code)

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I think Boss SFX also has the same fading issue as SSE Enemy SFX.
Oh. :/ If you're unsure, I think it's worth investigating, but assuming you're right, I suppose it's much better than having no sound at all. I don't have the means to test this yet but I'll take a listen myself when I do.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I think Boss SFX also has the same fading issue as SSE Enemy SFX.
Unless I'm mistaken, don't half of the Project M original characters use soundbanks from the bosses and not fade at all? They must use that exclusive code if that is the case.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Unless I'm mistaken, don't half of the Project M original characters use soundbanks from the bosses and not fade at all? They must use that exclusive code if that is the case.
The PM Clones used to use Soundbanks from the bosses, but that changed in 3.6, in which their sounds were merged into the character they were based off of (Mewtwo with Lucario and Roy with Marth for example).

Oh. :/ If you're unsure, I think it's worth investigating, but assuming you're right, I suppose it's much better than having no sound at all. I don't have the means to test this yet but I'll take a listen myself when I do.
If I recall correctly, back when I was porting 3.5 Mewtwo over to Brawl, I encountered the same issue in which Mewtwo's SFX had the same fading issue. If only PhantomWings could come back and give us Custom Soundbanks. :(

Notshane

Smash Ace
The PM Clones used to use Soundbanks from the bosses, but that changed in 3.6, in which their sounds were merged into the character they were based off of (Mewtwo with Lucario and Roy with Marth for example).
Then, what about Lyn? She is based off Pit, yes? If she does not use any of Pit's sounds, as proven when I inserted Waluigi, how does she not fade? That is something worth looking into.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
If I recall correctly, back when I was porting 3.5 Mewtwo over to Brawl, I encountered the same issue in which Mewtwo's SFX had the same fading issue. If only PhantomWings could come back and give us Custom Soundbanks. :(
Oh, I see. :/ How does PhantomWings work? Does he just come back every once in a while, producing miracles?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Then, what about Lyn? She is based off Pit, yes? If she does not use any of Pit's sounds, as proven when I inserted Waluigi, how does she not fade? That is something worth looking into.
I'm unaware of which soundbank she uses, but I don't wish to discuss leaked stuff any further.

Oh, I see. :/ How does PhantomWings work? Does he just come back every once in a while, producing miracles?
By the looks of it, PhantomWings is likely the most busy person in the Brawl modding community, though I can't speak for him, but, yes, whenever he usually comes by, he almost always drops something great.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
By the looks of it, PhantomWings is likely the most busy person in the Brawl modding community, though I can't speak for him, but, yes, whenever he usually comes by, he almost always drops something great.
Oh, so he's not really inactive with occasional returns, just not very active. Maybe this is something that should be brought up to him directly now that the clone engine has come so far.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I'm unaware of which soundbank she uses, but I don't wish to discuss leaked stuff any further.
ಠ_ಠ

Fine. But, it will take longer without any leads to go off of.

I wonder if that is the reason why the PM version of Waluigi was delayed is because he is too quiet. It makes sense, given he is silent in every big stage I play.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Oh, so he's not really inactive with occasional returns, just not very active. Maybe this is something that should be brought up to him directly now that the clone engine has come so far.
I believe he was already asked about custom soundbanks on the KCMM thread he made for BrawlEx.

I wonder if that is the reason why the PM version of Waluigi was delayed is because he is too quiet. It makes sense, given he is silent in every big stage I play.
It's not. The PM version was delayed because it needed to be balanced for use in PM and we were short on time, as release was nearing.

Though since release, the PM version has been shaping up quite well. Everything is just about done, but we're waiting until his PM counterpart is properly balanced.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I believe he was already asked about custom soundbanks on the KCMM thread he made for BrawlEx.

It's not. The PM version was delayed because it needed to be balanced for use in PM and we were short on time, as release was nearing.

Though since release, the PM version has been shaping up quite well. Everything is just about done, but we're waiting until his PM counterpart is properly balanced.
I see. Man, a fast Waluigi. Sounds quite horrifying to think about, given I am already doing deadly damage to the Project M Roy, the best AI in the game, with him. Once I got the hang of his physics, despite not being able to react as quickly as Roy, he was still a huge threat to him. So, if all of that was just faster, that would be quite scary, so I can definitely see where the balancing is needed.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
No.

I see. Man, a fast Waluigi. Sounds quite horrifying to think about, given I am already doing deadly damage to the Project M Roy, the best AI in the game, with him. Once I got the hang of his physics, despite not being able to react as quickly as Roy, he was still a huge threat to him. So, if all of that was just faster, that would be quite scary, so I can definitely see where the balancing is needed.
Waluigi probably won't end up being as fast as you think, he'll probably be the same speed unless we see something that needs changing. Even though KJP said that PM Waluigi is going well, there's still a very long way to go with many matchups to touch up on.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
He already knows about it according to KJP, so it's definitely not something I would insist on. If he somehow hadn't known, though, I wouldn't see much harm in asking.
If it's on his list of things to do, he'll do it.

There's a reason we've left PhantomWings alone for years until he returns. And it's not because we don't know where the messaging button is.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
If it's on his list of things to do, he'll do it.

There's a reason we've left PhantomWings alone for years until he returns. And it's not because we don't know where the messaging button is.
I get the idea of respecting people's right to do (or not do) whatever projects they want, and I support it. I was just saying that it'd only benefit everyone to mention the idea in case he hadn't thought of it, or if he didn't know the problem existed. Even really knowledgeable people can be in a spot like that.

Anyway, what sorts of balancing is being done with Waluigi? I'm curious how you guys think when it comes to that.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Waluigi probably won't end up being as fast as you think, he'll probably be the same speed unless we see something that needs changing. Even though KJP said that PM Waluigi is going well, there's still a very long way to go with many matchups to touch up on.
So then he'll just be weaker and, perhaps, lack a few of his extended move options?

Anyway, what sorts of balancing is being done with Waluigi? I'm curious how you guys think when it comes to that.
I can think of a few good ideas that they are doing right now.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Look at this totally legit leak. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm almost done with this. All that's left is Flare Blitz and the new Win 3. When the Project M version comes along, there will be three different versions.

Version 1: Project M edits with Project M Specials (Heat Wave and Fly).

Version 2: Project M edits with Smash Specials (Flare Blitz and Rock Smash).

Version 3: Project M edits with Flare Blitz and Fly.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman

I'm almost done with this. All that's left is Flare Blitz and the new Win 3. When the Project M version comes along, there will be three different versions.

Version 1: Project M edits with Smash Specials (Heat Wave and Fly).

Version 2: Project M edits with Project M Specials (Flare Blitz and Rock Smash).

Man oh man this looks great! I'm so tempted to break my tournament legal rules for my build and include him, haha!

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

Version 1: Project M edits with Smash Specials (Heat Wave and Fly).

Version 2: Project M edits with Project M Specials (Flare Blitz and Rock Smash).

Awesome

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Notshane Notshane
It appears you're in luck about the SFX Fade issue.

@ds22 allowed me to post a code that'll fix the issue.

Code:
Enemy SFX Fade Fix [ds22]
* C21C7574 00000004
* 2C1A2431 41800010
* 2C1A26F8 41810008
* 38000005 901F0000
* 60000000 00000000
This will affect the SFX of every SSE Enemy and Boss.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Notshane Notshane
It appears you're in luck about the SFX Fade issue.

@ds22 allowed me to post a code that'll fix the issue.

Code:
* C21C7574 00000004
* 2C1A2431 41800010
* 2C1A26F8 41810008
* 38000005 901F0000
This will affect the SFX of every SSE Enemy and Boss.
Thank you very much. Now, I will just try to go ahead and find another coder that can help me out :T

Also...

no leak talk plz

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Thank you very much. Now, I will just try to go ahead and find another coder that can help me out :T
Wait. Don't use the code just yet. I forgot to copy a line.

Code:
* C21C7574 00000004
* 2C1A2431 41800010
* 2C1A26F8 41810008
* 38000005 901F0000
* 60000000 00000000
no leak talk plz
Don't you give me that sass, mister. >:v

Notshane

Smash Ace
I feel like this was something you and our King built up behind the scenes just for this purpose. A joke built over the course of months.

10/10.
It probably relates to me the most due to my infamous controversial banter that I had when I first entered this thread. I was joking around like an a*s until I realized that the thread owner was a legitimate member of the PMDT, I always went on about leaks myself and, most notably, my feud with drogoth232 which ended with KingJigglypuff separating us like a pack of wild mutts because, well, I do not honestly know why that feud lasted as long as it did.

It was after that milestone there that I slowly became a casual and just shared my thoughts here and there, though I am still a bit of an airhead.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Wait. Don't use the code just yet. I forgot to copy a line.

Code:
* C21C7574 00000004
* 2C1A2431 41800010
* 2C1A26F8 41810008
* 38000005 901F0000
* 60000000 00000000
Don't you give me that sass, mister. >:v
Is this going to be put in a patch or will we only be able to put it in ourselves (and if so, how do I do such things)?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Code:
* C21C7574 00000004
* 2C1A2431 41800010
* 2C1A26F8 41810008
* 38000005 901F0000
* 60000000 00000000
PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin You may find this useful if you end up putting Bomberman's SFX over a boss or SSE character. Apparently their voices fade in volume if far apart from other characters, so this code fixes it

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Um, this code can't be put in. That second code you posted is the same as the first.

Notshane

Smash Ace
You'll have to put it in yourself.

For Brawl, you can just add the code via Code Manager into your own gct.

For PM, you'll have to insert it by using GCTEdit. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kquyhpig2xuda3z/ggm1b8tmF5
Wait, was it really that simple to insert a code this whole time? Gosh darn it, I actually could have just done this myself if I had that editor.

Oh, wait, never mind:
"Input code size must be divisible by 16."

Last edited:
Top Bottom