• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

SuperShadow132

Smash Rookie
That's likely due to using an outdated version of BrawlEx.
Ok I really need help now because I've never worked with BrawlEX before and Idk how to update it.

Also, the link that KingJigglypuff KingJigglypuff just gave, I tested it and their are 2 things I have seen that are missing now. One is the Waluigi Announcer call in the CSS and the other is Waluigi's name, when I'm in target test it says Crazy Hand/Master Hand. I hadn't gotten to the credits of all-star/classic yet so I can't report if it was fixed or not.

Sorry if you have to read this I really am. Haha.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Ok I really need help now because I've never worked with BrawlEX before and Idk how to update it.
The P&P version I linked already contains the recent version of BrawlEx, so there's no need to update.

Also, the link that KingJigglypuff KingJigglypuff just gave, I tested it and their are 2 things I have seen that are missing now. One is the Waluigi Announcer call in the CSS and the other is Waluigi's name, when I'm in target test it says Crazy Hand/Master Hand. I hadn't gotten to the credits of all-star/classic yet so I can't report if it was fixed or not.
The announcer call is still Pit because this is still in testing to make sure it works. For the in-game names, that's because those files aren't in there. Though they can't be in there because editing them will cause crashing.

SuperShadow132

Smash Rookie
The P&P version I linked already contains the recent version of BrawlEx, so there's no need to update.

The announcer call is still Pit because this is still in testing to make sure it works. For the in-game names, that's because those files aren't in there. Though they can't be in there because editing them will cause crashing.
Oooohhh ok. So does that mean I should be able to go to the end of the modes without crashing or no because this is still kind of a beta?

Notshane

Smash Ace
Hey, KingJigglypuff, you wouldn't happen to know how to fix the SFX for Project M, would you? I have Waluigi inserted into my build, art and everything, but he is silent and I tried using his SFX (318.sawnd) and convert it to Pit's (10.sawnd) but I failed.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Hey, KingJigglypuff, you wouldn't happen to know how to fix the SFX for Project M, would you? I have Waluigi inserted into my build, art and everything, but he is silent and I tried using his SFX (318.sawnd) and convert it to Pit's (10.sawnd) but I failed.
You need to use a Soundbank code that gives Pit the Primid's Soundbank.

Notshane

Smash Ace
This should do it: 04AD8A3C 00000137
How do I put this? I have not done code work in forever and do not even know how to insert them. I was really good with them two years back, but I have since been modding less and less due to adult life getting in the way and whatnot. Long story short, I am a bit of an amateur when it comes to the matter.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
How do I put this? I have not done code work in forever and do not even know how to insert them. I was really good with them two years back, but I have since been modding less and less due to adult life getting in the way and whatnot. Long story short, I am a bit of an amateur when it comes to the matter.
Just insert it into your gct via a code manager.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Oh man Waluigi is one of the best early birthday gifts ever ( I know it was not to me though.) Today is my birthday and Waluigi was released yesterday and can't wait for PM version and can't wait for Deoxys. I am so excited.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Well, I add codes by opening the .gct, searching for "F0 00 00 00" in hex, and pasting my codes right before that string of bytes.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
My main complain about Waluigi is about his Final Smash. Apart from the zoom in making it difficult to see where the tennis ball is going to, it's kinda boring and doesn't fit the character as well as the older Final Smash where Waluigi would strike a pose and after a couple of moves he would throw a bob-omb.

I don't have any other major complain with Waluigi. It doesn't randomly crash anymore with that last version of the P&P pack and the rest is just nitpicking:
  • The announcer call has some noise towards the end.
  • Mischief Step's dash sound stopping after every move is kind of awkward, to put it in a way. It only makes sense for the R follow-up.
  • Waluigi Swim's follow-up, the forward smash and the B follow-up to an airborne Mischief Step need some sfx. The first kick for the Hell Axle is also lacking sound.
  • The second kick of the Hell Axle and the follow-up to Waluigi Swim lack rumble effects.
  • I think that for such a slow move, the follow-up to Waluigi Swim should have a couple of weak hitboxes on the sides, similar to Bowser Bomb. And for such a powerful move, the last hit is lacking some gfx.
While I'm not a big fan of the character I do like good mods, and this one is definetely more than just good. At first I thought that giving him the Mist Step from the Mishima family would be too much, but I like the original twist on some of the follow-ups which makes it fit Waluigi more.

Looking forward to the Project M version and King K. Rool. And Black Shadow.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
My main complain about Waluigi is about his Final Smash. Apart from the zoom in making it difficult to see where the tennis ball is going to, it's kinda boring and doesn't fit the character as well as the older Final Smash where Waluigi would strike a pose and after a couple of moves he would throw a bob-omb.
We originally had an entirely new Final Smash that was much more dynamic than the original and the new one, but we had to ditch it, due to a crashing issue with Yoshi's Egg Lay and Smash's C4 that we couldn't figure out how to fix (it was related to adding in a Special Grab into Pit's module).

The announcer call has some noise towards the end.
MK was the one who spliced together the SFX for the character call, so he'll have to go back and fix it sometime.

Mischief Step's dash sound stopping after every move is kind of awkward, to put it in a way. It only makes sense for the R follow-up.

Waluigi Swim's follow-up, the forward smash and the B follow-up to an airborne Mischief Step need some sfx. The first kick for the Hell Axle is also lacking sound.

The second kick of the Hell Axle and the follow-up to Waluigi Swim lack rumble effects.
This can all easily be fixed.

I think that for such a slow move, the follow-up to Waluigi Swim should have a couple of weak hitboxes on the sides, similar to Bowser Bomb. And for such a powerful move, the last hit is lacking some gfx.
Dive was originally the B option for Air Mischief Step, but was later moved as an option for Waluigi Swim. We didn't have much time to iron it out, but now, we can hope to address this.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
That would be really great, but we deleted the old module a while ago. :\

If you're up to it, you're more than free to enable a Special Grab for a Brawl Pit, BrawlEx Pit, Brawl P&P Pit, PM Pit, and PM P&P Pit module.
Yep, I think I could definitely do that. Could you send me the old animation for his final smash so I could test it out? Thanks!

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
On another note, I've been thinking of making a Tyrantrum mod for Project M for a while now, but I can't find any model rips that are compatible with BrawlBox for it after scouring the net for one.

I don't want to look demanding, but maybe you could help me out on this, KJP?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
On another note, I've been thinking of making a Tyrantrum mod for Project M for a while now, but I can't find any model rips that are compatible with BrawlBox for it after scouring the net for one.

I don't want to look demanding, but maybe you could help me out on this, KJP?
You could have just sent a PM about this. :p

Sure, I'll help you out.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Well, I add codes by opening the .gct, searching for "F0 00 00 00" in hex, and pasting my codes right before that string of bytes.
Hmm, well, after several failed attempts, I think I will just have to wait for the official Project M version. This is all too complex for me.

Well, either that, or I can just make my own original SFX and splice it into Pit's sawnd so I do not have to worry about coding at all.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Hmm, well, after several failed attempts, I think I will just have to wait for the official Project M version. This is all too complex for me.

Well, either that, or I can just make my own original SFX and splice it into Pit's sawnd so I do not have to worry about coding at all.
Actually, Just open BrawlBox and select the RSBE01.gct then add the code from there Or after its open, Name it anything you want and Save it as a Txt File then, Open the txt file in Ocarina Code Manager and Add the code from there. That is my way of doing it.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
you have to go to: Tools > Codeset Manager, not open it as a native file :p
Thank you very much! That helped the most! Now I might finally be able to port OoT Ganondorf (PG) over TP Ganondorf yet! The coding process was so difficult for me to figure out, but since he already has the codes ready, I can just insert them here.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
So now that the majority of the crash and installation issues have been averted, would anyone like to give any feedback or suggestions for Waluigi?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
So now that the majority of the crash and installation issues have been averted, would anyone like to give any feedback or suggestions for Waluigi?
I would love to see a full moveset demonstration video, particularly for the PM moveset when it's released. It'd be a good intro for those that haven't followed as closely as others and some of us (read: me) won't be able to use it for some time.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
He seems perfect but he has a hard time recovering. I don't have any specific suggestions but I'll say give the up only a little more height..

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I would love to see a full moveset demonstration video, particularly for the PM moveset when it's released. It'd be a good intro for those that haven't followed as closely as others and some of us (read: me) won't be able to use it for some time.
I'll talk to MK about it.

He seems perfect but he has a hard time recovering. I don't have any specific suggestions but I'll say give the up only a little more height..
I'd agree, but Waluigi already has an incredibly solid horizontal recovery. Down Special Air A option can add with Side Special, making his horizontal recovery very strong. I feel an average vertical recovery helps balance things. Not to mention he jumps higher than Falco.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
And the up B already goes high enough.

I'd like to see him able to grab the ledge during his dive though.

Top Bottom