• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
K. Rool looks dank, love the model.

Only complaint is that the crown and bracers look too yellow and plasticy. They could use a better gold coloring and material to make it look metallic.

If you guys want help with material stuff just let me knooowww

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
After seeing the minor complaints, i have decided to do nothing about it but rather stat you're all wrong and what I do is better than anyone ever could and I hope you know from reading this that i'm joking and not being serious what so ever.

Instead i have taken your complanits and done something about them.

I have gone back to his model and edited his head. made he teeth bigger and also adjusted his jaw to fit the bigger teeth. also made his neck thicker. as for his colour, yes you may have noticed it's not a brighter green. I had chosen for K.Rool to have a colour mix between his Modern and Classic design while keeping Brawls more darker realistic tone. one more thing as for the gold crown and etc, In maya I dont have the materials set up hence why they look one solid colour, they will shine so don't worry about that.

Thanks
That guy who rarely shows up and posts stuff
Marioking64DS

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
KJP... is it possible for you to get more of those SSB4 animations for other characters? I'm trying to help with a Mega Man revamp eventually and that would make things tons easier.
You can do it for any character, but the Brawl skeleton must line up with the Smash 3DS skeleton. Bones must also have the same rotation orders and axes.

but, is that Wii U Charizard model ever going to be wifi-safe/legal?
Technically, yes/ I edited the Smash Wii U boneset to be one slot, but due to different bone translations on the tail and wings, the animations for them will look off.

Using the model alone should be fine (if you're alright with the tail and wings looking off), but I'm gonna ask someone who knows more about this about bone translations and Wi-fi. If I recall correctly, as long as bone Indexes aren't different and there's no animation/PSA edits, then it can be Wi-Fi safe.

Edit: I was wrong. If a bone has a hitbox/hurtbox attached to it, then it will not be Wi-Fi safe if a bone is edited. My Smash Wii U Charizard will still be one slot though.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
After seeing the minor complaints, i have decided to do nothing about it but rather stat you're all wrong and what I do is better than anyone ever could Drogoth.

I have gone back to his model and edited his head. made he teeth bigger and also adjusted his jaw to fit the bigger teeth. also made his neck thicker. as for his colour, yes you may have noticed it's not a brighter green. I had chosen for K.Rool to have a colour mix between his Modern and Classic design while keeping Brawls more darker realistic tone. one more thing as for the gold crown and etc, In maya I dont have the materials set up hence why they look one solid colour, they will shine so don't worry about that.

Thanks
Marioking64DS
Oh yeah! Forgot to mention, the colour is perfect, except not enough shiny.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
After seeing the minor complaints, i have decided to do nothing about it but rather stat you're all wrong and what I do is better than anyone ever could and I hope you know from reading this that i'm joking and not being serious what so ever.

Thanks
Marioking64DS
Hey MK64DS, I don't mean to pry or anything and be unappreciative at all, and I think it's incredible that you already have so much progress on this guy; but, since you began work on Rool, does that mean that Waluigi won't be coming this month after all? Seems like a legible question, and feel free not to answer if it sounds rude.

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
Hey MK64DS,but, since you began work on Rool, does that mean that Waluigi won't be coming this month after all? Seems like a legible question, and feel free not to answer if it sounds rude.
Not rude at all, I haven't just started on K.Rool, he has been in the works WITH Waluigi and a few others(Waluigi getting the most love of all *insert number*) my goal was to bring the others up to the level Waluigi was so after Waluigi's release it wouldn't be too long until the next character.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Not rude at all, I haven't just started on K.Rool, he has been in the works WITH Waluigi and a few others(Waluigi getting the most love of all *insert number*) my goal was to bring the others up to the level Waluigi was so after Waluigi's release it wouldn't be too long until the next character.
In this case, should we expect a preview of K Rool sometime soon?

Notshane

Smash Ace
I haven't just started on K.Rool, he has been in the works WITH Waluigi and a few others(Waluigi getting the most love of all *insert number*) my goal was to bring the others up to the level Waluigi was so after Waluigi's release it wouldn't be too long until the next character.
Ah, I see. So, Rool never shaved any time from Waluigi to begin with. So, that means that I will get WAH for Christmas after all :D

Man, Cloud has been alright, but I know who the real character of the year will be. Still better than Bayonetta, too.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Woah. How did you accomplish that?
I was playing around with the WnSimple functions in sora_melee to try to figure out how to give Bomberman's bombs explosion effects when they die. In the process, I stumbled upon a switch statement that gives every article its unique collision behavior, and I wrote a custom function that redirects collisions to what appears to be a "null" function in the statement. In this example gif, I redirected everyone's articles, but I've written a code that will operate on a per-PSA basis. Basically, it checks the article's subaction name to see if it's valid (for example, I renamed Bomberman's bomb subaction to "Regular2" from "Regular"), and then points the game's code to the "null" function if the cmpw is true. This step ensures that only the PSA has the unique article behavior. Besides giving the article a piercing effect, you could assign custom effects to the article when it dies, and (maybe) add more actions to the article.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I've been testing it out, and I can't find anything wrong with it so far. It seems bulletproof enough for me to release, so I'd be happy to help you set it up when you're ready.
If you haven't already, why not make a general thread on it?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Was Waluigi actually announced to come out on Christmas? Did anyone actually say that?! IS THERE SOMETHING THAT I MISSED?!!

Notshane

Smash Ace
Waluigi will be out in seven days, I'll bet yer butt on it.
Heheheheheheheheh
No, I'm fairly certain he will come out on December 31, 2015. Why? Because he only said it was in December and he also loves teasing people in most of his announcements. It makes perfect sense that he wouldn't be out this week at all.

I am also fully aware that Waluigi is probably ready to go, as he said there was not much left to do, but taking the whole month up makes me skeptical. So, unless he mentions that he underwent a major error at some point, he was probably trolling.

If so, I applaud him for that. I was expecting it to be the last day of this month from the get-go.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Not King K. Rool related, but rather Smash Wii U Charizard related.

Thanks to some help from TheShyGuy, I can now properly port the Smash 3DS animations for use with the Mini PSA. The preview also shows my current progress on the Smash Wii U model itself.

Oh lawd I never saw this. Could this type of thing conceivably lead to folks porting Smash 4 characters to PM? (please Cloud please Cloud please Cloud please Cloud)

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Oh lawd I never saw this. Could this type of thing conceivably lead to folks porting Smash 4 characters to PM? (please Cloud please Cloud please Cloud please Cloud)
pleaseC&D please C&D please- wait. I'm not supposed to want that?

Happy Christmas Day folks. Enjoy your day with your family, friends, and loved ones.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
More ported animations for Charizard.

How many animations are there to port? Just curious.
pleaseC&D please C&D please- wait. I'm not supposed to want that?
How would that even work? PM can't be C&D anymore (PMDT already did everything that would happen upon receiving C&D) and random modders won't get C&D-d if it still didn't happen to guys like jaystring (who ports SSB4 models).

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.

While Cloud's Wii U moveset and model have been ripped, I don't think his animations from the 3DS version have been ripped yet. I'll have to ask around when I get to it.

How many animations are there to port? Just curious.
I'm porting every new/updated attack animation, alongside the new Run, Win3, and and Squatting animations. So that would make a total of 36 animations I'll be having to port for Charizard.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Another delay announcement :c

Ah well, I think the best Christmas present I got today was just knowing the status of him. But, I think that announcement means it won't be this month after all. I can live just fine with that if he happened to upload another gameplay video of him today, though. I just like seeing what he can do as he progresses and watching MK64DS play Waluigi in new videos is a good gift to me every time I see them.

By the way, KingJigglypuff, this isn't a part of a whole elaborate project to port all of the Sm4sh animations into Brawl, is it?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
By the way, KingJigglypuff, this isn't a part of a whole elaborate project to port all of the Sm4sh animations into Brawl, is it?
I may or may not do this with the other Brawl characters, depending if people wanted to make certain Sm4sh characters and how well they do it. If someone makes a Sm4sh character and does a good job at it, then I won't do anything for that character. Otherwise, I might step in, given how soon I can get the Deoxys edits from jaystring when/if he gets done with them.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I may or may not do this with the other Brawl characters, depending if people wanted to make certain Sm4sh characters and how well they do it. If someone makes a Sm4sh character and does a good job at it, then I won't do anything for that character. Otherwise, I might step in, given how soon I can get the Deoxys edits from jaystring when/if he gets done with them.
I see. I saw a Sm4sh Peach a while back that changed the properties of her smash attacks so she had the grinder (down smash), to name one. I think in Project M that was just a huge bash, so they did a pretty good job with it. They also changed her up smash into a grinder for some reason, though. So, with this, I imagine lots of people are doing it right now with most of the characters.

One in particular that I would not mind seeing is Yoshi, but I actually like how unique his Project M and Sm4sh versions are, as I actually laughed a lot at how much he used his head in his attacks. But, I miss that being his up smash as he just got a generic kick instead in his new incarnation, which is not as enjoyable to watch.

Top Bottom