• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Is it possible to make the enemies from SSE use common sounds instead of their own?

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
I'm not the one who chose to put the Project M version of Waluigi on lower priority. That was MK's choice.

Though in the meantime, while I wait for Deoxys-related things to get done, have a gif of something un-related for a project I posted a preview of some time ago.
That looks pretty cool, but I'd hate to dig through 14 pages to find the original post about it, so I'll just ask. What're ya doin' with Charizard?

Rage83

Smash Ace
We're hoping to have Waluigi share the same sawnd as Pit, but if it comes to it, then he'll use the sawnd of the Primid.
One of the leaked characters shares Pit's soundbank. By chance would the Waluigi make any solution for people who want to use all three(Pit, leaked character, and Waluigi)?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
One of the leaked characters shares Pit's soundbank. By chance would the Waluigi make any solution for people who want to use all three(Pit, leaked character, and Waluigi)?
We won't be supporting anything to do with the leak. Period.

Rage83

Smash Ace
We won't be supporting anything to do with the leak. Period.
My Ridley soundbank for Bagan uses Pit's soundbank as well, while a port of PM's OOT Link uses Primid's soundbank. There are other uses for a different soundbank.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
H̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶P̶r̶i̶m̶i̶d̶.̶
̶Y̶e̶s̶ ̶-̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶P̶r̶i̶m̶i̶d̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶W̶A̶A̶.̶

Nevah mind, I was beat to the answer.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Is it possible to make the enemies from SSE use common sounds instead of their own?
Every character uses Common Sounds, alongside their own soundbank.

That looks pretty cool, but I'd hate to dig through 14 pages to find the original post about it, so I'll just ask. What're ya doin' with Charizard?
Which Charizard? Solo Charizard or Smash 4 Charizard?

I'll ask MK to see if we can include the individual wav SFX for users to inject into their own sawnd files.

If that's done, then users will have to do one of two things, depending on if you're using BrawlEx or not.

With BrawlEx: Change the sawnd ID to the character you're giving Waluigi and change the SFX commands in PSA.

Without BrawlEx: Use a code that changes the sawnd ID and change the SFX commands in PSA.

Last edited:

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
I was referring to the Charizard animation you had recently posted. It looks like a U-Air, but I could be wrong.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I'm a little sad about the news regarding this new PM build; mainly because I love using new characters, but I am well aware that, if I replace Pit for the WAH now (everyone hates Pit anyway and I could never get used to him), that I have to deal with the fact that the character, cloned from Pit, will probably have no SFX now since I assume, like how Roy uses part of Marth's SFX to talk, this new character will follow a similar cause. Speaking of, that is one of the reasons why I still have Marth is because Roy is silent without his original SFX.

So, now I really hope that Waluigi can go over anybody (that was the plan, right?), because I do not want to replace Pit in fear of jeopardizing that new character. And, since Waluigi should be able to go over anyone anyway, that means I can still have Goku as well. I mean, provided the Pit replacement does not jeopardize the other SFX. Maybe Zelda can go, but wait. She is a character of a whole series, so that would be too complicated to replace the series logo and victory theme when it jeopardizes the Links and Ganondorf as well.

Mr. Game & Watch, then. Finally found someone that I would not miss too heavily if they were replaced. He is a separate series, too, so I could manage a series logo replacement and victory theme.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I was referring to the Charizard animation you had recently posted. It looks like a U-Air, but I could be wrong.
It's Back Air. Though I've hit a bit of a hiccup, regarding the Smash 3DS animation porting. When I import the animation to convert it, the right arm/hand randomly rotates 180 degrees throughout the animation.

http://smashboards.com/threads/p-m-...-to-port-ridley-come-here-modding-faq.416959/
I'll ask MK to see if we can include the individual wav SFX for users to inject into their own sawnd files.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Every character uses Common Sounds, alongside their own soundbank.
I know, but I mean make them not use their own sounds or use common sounds instead. This would enable those soundbanks for extra BrawlEx characters without affecting SSE's experience that much.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Oh, geez, this is more complicated than I thought it was.

Well, alright. Guess I just have to replace Pit with him, then. I will just take my chances.
Nah, Rel Porting using in PM is easy. I've done it and I will do that when Waluigi comes out, Pit is a good character In my eyes and I don't want to replace him.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I know, but I mean make them not use their own sounds or use common sounds instead. This would enable those soundbanks for extra BrawlEx characters without affecting SSE's experience that much.
I don't think the sawnd of the common SFX has any extra slots.

Blame Brawl's limitations.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I don't think the sawnd of the common SFX has any extra slots.

Blame Brawl's limitations.
I don't mean that either.
Changing them as in how you put a Sound Effect event in PSA. I don't even know how the SSE enemies work and kc-mm is giving me dem 503's so IDK if that's possible.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
You mean having SSE enemies and a custom character to share a soundbank?

If so, then that isn't possible, as SSE enemies have virtually no unused SFX slots.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Nah, Rel Porting using in PM is easy. I've done it and I will do that when Waluigi comes out, Pit is a good character In my eyes and I don't want to replace him.
Unrelated Pit Discussion:

I don't necessarily hate Pit at all myself, but his playstyle feels weird to me. His side special is just basic flight, with no ground attack; his shield is MUCH better as far as balancing goes, but his up special feels heavily nerfed for recovery; something that Pit was known for.

In Sm4sh, Pit is probably my favorite in this. His combos are very fun to execute, his voice is much more cheerful and he has a pretty cools side special. I also like the dual shields because you can not just hold them forever and they can even break.

Once Waluigi comes out, I am gonna for sure need some help for Rel Porting. I am sure it is easy in your eyes, but lots of things about Brawl modding is complex to me. So far, I just know where all of the files are and how to replace them, as far as imagery and textures go, but ones that require coding for Rel files is where I draw the line; especially new characters that change the code entirely.

I tried putting Project Ganondorf (mage) into a different build once and I failed miserably. It is very hard to code him into the game to me since I have found no tutorials on how to replace character codes.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Unrelated Pit Discussion:

I don't necessarily hate Pit at all myself, but his playstyle feels weird to me. His side special is just basic flight, with no ground attack; his shield is MUCH better as far as balancing goes, but his up special feels heavily nerfed for recovery; something that Pit was known for.

In Sm4sh, Pit is probably my favorite in this. His combos are very fun to execute, his voice is much more cheerful and he has a pretty cools side special. I also like the dual shields because you can not just hold them forever and they can even break.

Once Waluigi comes out, I am gonna for sure need some help for Rel Porting. I am sure it is easy in your eyes, but lots of things about Brawl modding is complex to me. So far, I just know where all of the files are and how to replace them, as far as imagery and textures go, but ones that require coding for Rel files is where I draw the line; especially new characters that change the code entirely.

I tried putting Project Ganondorf (mage) into a different build once and I failed miserably. It is very hard to code him into the game to me since I have found no tutorials on how to replace character codes.
When WAA Comes out, I'll help

Notshane

Smash Ace
On behalf of both of us! I'm a bit more comfortable with Brawl modding than Notshane, but Rel stuff is a dark magic... Dark magic that I cannot fathom, try as I might, and perhaps it's for the best....
Hey, man, if it is for the WAH, I will learn this stuff like the back of my hand. Forget Cloud, if Waluigi comes on the same day, I am going to try and put him in, longer as it may take; and play him all day. And then, within the following week or two, I will give Cloud a shot.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Notshane Notshane When WAA comes out and I mean when I get my hands on him, I'll tell you everything you need to know one thing is though, Who are you getting rid of for WAA?

Notshane

Smash Ace
I think Notshane said Mr. Game and WAA on the previous page.
Yeah, I did. Out of the entire Project M roster, I felt like he had no major differences to him. Personally, if I could put WAH over Zelda, I would do that instead, but Zelda comes from an entire series of characters. It is the same reason why I struggle heavily with Gray Fox, which is because he goes over Meta Knight and the only independent change I could make to him was the victory theme; thanks to Meta Knight having to have an all out remix done on his which made it separate from the Kirby series. But, his series logo had to remain the star from Kirby.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Yeah, I did. Out of the entire Project M roster, I felt like he had no major differences to him. Personally, if I could put WAH over Zelda, I would do that instead, but Zelda comes from an entire series of characters. It is the same reason why I struggle heavily with Gray Fox, which is because he goes over Meta Knight and the only independent change I could make to him was the victory theme; thanks to Meta Knight having to have an all out remix done on his which made it separate from the Kirby series. But, his series logo had to remain the star from Kirby.
Rel porting GW or other Transforming Characters is hard, I would suggest ROB but its your choice

Notshane

Smash Ace
I would suggest ROB
I would, but I love R.O.B. in both games and his alternate skin is from a game that I remember playing when I was younger ( ;-; )

But, Mr. Game & Watch has no sentimental value, alongside any significant changes, to even consider keeping.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I would, but I love R.O.B. in both games and his alternate skin is from a game that I remember playing when I was younger ( ;-; )

But, Mr. Game & Watch has no sentimental value, alongside any significant changes, to even consider keeping.
I see, I'll see what I can do

Notshane

Smash Ace
I see, I'll see what I can do
If the task is too hard, I can try to request someone else. But, it would take much longer for me to think about since nearly everyone else is fun to play in this game due to their changes and costumes. Well, besides Olimar, but I have Bomberman over him.

But, again, if series characters were easier to get around, Zelda was already my first pick due to her annoying new moves that are extremely hard to get around. But, then that would require more effort.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
The Problem is that G&W has all of his costumes in one file. I'll try something tomorrow
upload_2015-12-8_19-35-45.png

Notshane

Smash Ace
Hey, you guys wanna take it to PM? Instead of cluttering this thread with (semi) off topic?
I just noticed that you inevitably get likes from everyone in this discussion whenever you comment. I always think of that as everyone bowing down every time the king has something to say.

I'll try a Pit port over GW tomorrow
At any rate, just send me a message with the progress of how that went later.

marcuzoo

Smash Rookie
Just saw the Sceptile Pokken trailer and wow. Is he still one of your projects? You should definitely take inspiration from there.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Yes, Sceptile is still a future project.
Hey, if Sceptile happens to be one of the surprise DLC characters this month, how would you feel about using the Sm4sh version for research purposes? I'm sure it could help you out a lot.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Hey, if Sceptile happens to be one of the surprise DLC characters this month, how would you feel about using the Sm4sh version for research purposes? I'm sure it could help you out a lot.
I'd just use Sceptile's Smash moveset if that were the case, given if it were possible with Brawl's limitations.

Top Bottom