• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Anyways...

Here's a working concept of Defense Form's Side Special. (Will be made not OP when I actually get working)
http://gfycat.com/LeanLiveHawk
Damage taken will be given back at double the damage taken. The minimum threshold is 10 damage (this may decrease at a later time). The counter will also have a "sex kick" in which the sex kick does damage equal to the amount of damage taken. The minimum threshold of the sex kick is 5 damage.

This may seem as a bad thing, but I'm considering on removing the damage reduction mechanic on Defense Form. It's for the best anyway, as knockback scales on damage, so the damage reduction wouldn't save you. Even then, Defense Form's knockback resistance is 160, so you're not gonna be dying anytime soon.

And if you haven't noticed, what you're seeing is a 512 x 512 texture. Thanks to the current efforts of jaystring, the file size was lowered enough to allow four 512 x 512 textures, but the file size is quite hefty, so he's seeing if he can do any further optimization.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Anyways...

Here's a working concept of Defense Form's Side Special. (Will be made not OP when I actually get working)
http://gfycat.com/LeanLiveHawk
Damage taken will be given back at double the damage taken. The minimum threshold is 10 damage (this may decrease at a later time). The counter will also have a "sex kick" in which the sex kick does damage equal to the amount of damage taken. The minimum threshold of the sex kick is 5 damage.

This may seem as a bad thing, but I'm considering on removing the damage reduction mechanic on Defense Form. It's for the best anyway, as knockback scales on damage, so the damage reduction wouldn't save you. Even then, Defense Form's knockback resistance is 160, so you're not gonna be dying anytime soon.

And if you haven't noticed, what you're seeing is a 512 x 512 texture. Thanks to the current efforts of jaystring, the file size was lowered enough to allow four 512 x 512 textures, but the file size is quite hefty, so he's seeing if he can do any further optimization.
I noticed that you still use the Toon Link InfFace. Did you already make the ones for Deoxys, but are just waiting for the right time to reveal them? Also, will they switch out with every transformation, or would that be too complex to do?

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that you still use the Toon Link InfFace. Did you already make the ones for Deoxys, but are just waiting for the right time to reveal them? Also, will they switch out with every transformation, or would that be too complex to do?
I can't 100% speak for KingJigglypuff, but typically renders are saved for when a character is more complete from what I've seen. Also, it is almost certainly not going to change icons, because, unlike say Zelda/Sheik, Deoxys is to be one character occupying one slot. There aren't enough portrait slots for all the forms unless there are only two recolors, and even then it would require some major coding (I can assure you that isn't something that can be done in PSA alone)

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I haven't even started on cosmetics yet. :v

I can't 100% speak for KingJigglypuff, but typically renders are saved for when a character is more complete from what I've seen. Also, it is almost certainly not going to change icons, because, unlike say Zelda/Sheik, Deoxys is to be one character occupying one slot. There aren't enough portrait slots for all the forms unless there are only two recolors, and even then it would require some major coding (I can assure you that isn't something that can be done in PSA alone)
Correct. I'm only going to be using Normal Form for cosmetics.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Here's a more in progress polished version of how Extreme Speed's gonna be.
http://gfycat.com/BriefFlawlessAmericanlobster

Note: Deoxys is not air dodging out of the move, it's just a placeholder animation.

If you want to compare it to Lucario, Speed Form's version of Extreme Speed has less tight control, but higher velocity, speed, and momentum preservation (though the momentum preservation may be decreased).

I am starting to slowly become more hyped with Deoxys over Waluigi now '-'
We need a Deoxys alt for Waluigi pronto. :v

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
We need a Deoxys alt for Waluigi pronto. :v
While we are at it, Deoxys should wear Waluigi's clothes in an alt. That way, we all go to the Waluigi Pinball stage, continuously crouch up and down to start things off for comedy and then Waluigi and Deoxys kick some Nintendo butt.

Notshane

Smash Ace
You make me sad by reminding me that this doesn't exist.
Part of me still wishes that it shows up in Waluigi's final smash, because I remember MK64DS showing a Twitter picture of a sneak preview of it a very long time ago and it looked like it ignited a cut-scene when he triggered his. So, fingers crossed.

Notshane

Smash Ace
All I want for Christmas is WAH.

Sorry, I was thinking about that song and couldn't resist posting about it, especially since it has been a while since the last Waluigi update.

I will just shamefully hide it in the spoilers.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
All I want for Christmas is WAH.

Sorry, I was thinking about that song and couldn't resist posting about it, especially since it has been a while since the last Waluigi update.

I will just shamefully hide it in the spoilers.
Lol, Me too

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Before anyone asks KJP, remember not to bother him about it. He'll say what he can, and he'll leave out stuff that he can't say.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Double post, but it's important.

MK reveals more news about his personal and Waluigi shenanigans.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Is Waluigi still planned for PM now that it's been disbanded?

Also, now that there are no more official PM characters being added, is it possible to place Waluigi in his own slot?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Is Waluigi still planned for PM now that it's been disbanded?

Also, now that there are no more official PM characters being added, is it possible to place Waluigi in his own slot?
The Project M version of Waluigi will basically be pushed aside and possibly released at a later date.

jaystring

Smash Ace
It's because of the recent news.
Hum.. to be quite honest, I really don't get why doing new mods for project M should be stopped because they have decided to "close" it.

It's not like they decided to stop it in an unfinished or unplayable state : 3.6 is really solid.

Many would agree I think, especially here in the modding community, that PM was the superior version and well, I might be alone here and I don't want to start a flamewar or anything but personally I would really be looking forward to a good Waluigi PSA in project M but not soo much a Brawl PSA.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Hum.. to be quite honest, I really don't get why doing new mods for project M should be stopped because they have decided to "close" it.

It's not like they decided to stop it in an unfinished or unplayable state : 3.6 is really solid.

Many would agree I think, especially here in the modding community, that PM was the superior version and well, I might be alone here and I don't want to start a flamewar or anything but personally I would really be looking forward to a good Waluigi PSA in project M but not soo much a Brawl PSA.
I agree with you in spirit, but my thoughts are that the PMDT are probably restricted from making content related to PM and KJP is just trying to be careful. It seems like he's unable to speak about it due to how the other devs are talking, but that's what I think is going on.

jaystring

Smash Ace
I agree with you in spirit, but my thoughts are that the PMDT are probably restricted from making content related to PM and KJP is just trying to be careful. It seems like he's unable to speak about it due to how the other devs are talking, but that's what I think is going on.
I kind of find all this a bit fishy. Why would making new PM content, especially as a stand alone modder, cause any problems to the core team of PM who doesn't exist anymore?

The only way this all make sense to me is if indeed they were C&D and decided to "officially" lie about it and pretend it didn't happened, maybe to protect Nintendo's inevitable hate if people were to learn that they indeed C&D PM.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
There's nothing behind the scenes with the Waluigi group. We want to tread carefully, that's all.
A PM port may be made in the future, but the main focus always was and is Brawl.
Now how about we stop talking about rumors eh?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I'm not the one who chose to put the Project M version of Waluigi on lower priority. That was MK's choice.

Though in the meantime, while I wait for Deoxys-related things to get done, have a gif of something un-related for a project I posted a preview of some time ago.

Notshane

Smash Ace
This month is sounding good for Waluigi. I look forward to finding a WAH under the tree this Christmas.

KingJigglypuff, well I am not going to badger you like most will about the status of Project M, I want to thank you very much for your contributions to this game. You helped build a game that very well restored my faith in this series altogether and was a great little mod to keep me occupied until Sm4sh.

Even now, though, I still find myself playing it from time to time; looking forward to what comes out of that Brawl Vault next. I will not go on about 4.0 like most of the community has, talk about (...) or any of that. The current build is fine to me and I can live with it staying this way. Many probably do not say it enough, but thank you for your hard work.

Whatever ventures you move onto, I hope they will be successful.

jaystring

Smash Ace
There's nothing behind the scenes with the Waluigi group. We want to tread carefully, that's all.
A PM port may be made in the future, but the main focus always was and is Brawl.
Now how about we stop talking about rumors eh?
All right all right! sorry I got carried away I guest. The stuff you've shown from the Waluigi PSA looks really cool by the way!

I'm not the one who chose to put the Project M version of Waluigi on lower priority. That was MK's choice.

Though in the meantime, while I wait for Deoxys-related things to get done, have a gif of something un-related for a project I posted a preview of some time ago.
"Deoxys-related things to get done" : yeah I'm on it. Personal stuff made me stop modding for a week but I just opened up the max file and will be starting working on it right now.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
"Deoxys-related things to get done" : yeah I'm on it. Personal stuff made me stop modding for a week but I just opened up the max file and will be starting working on it right now.
I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I was just stating I was waiting for a few things, so people would know why there hasn't been much Deoxys stuff lately.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Will Brawlex or the leaked clone engine be able to add Waluigi to my custom PM build? I don't want to replace any characters but I still want WAAAAAAHHHHHH (and no, I will not replace any of the leaked characters either).

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
We're hoping to have Waluigi share the same sawnd as Pit, but if it comes to it, then he'll use the sawnd of the Primid.

Top Bottom