• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Thanks from tips from Jaystring, I managed to reduce Deoxys' model file from 1.25 MB to 1.1 MB, but he may be able to look into it to further optimize things soon.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Don't let your dreams be dreams.
http://gfycat.com/BriskFinishedDogwoodtwigborer
Distance and size based on charge level are a go.
Deoxys will also be using Petey Piranha's EFF file for GFX.
(I'm only double posting because I don't know if thread followers are notified if a post is updated.)
Nice! Only real complaint concerning GFX is that the end "blast" effects seem a little oversized, but the rest looks great!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Is this any better? :v
http://gfycat.com/CalmAncientEastrussiancoursinghounds
(Made the GFX look more like Zap Cannon in the anime. The center and outside look fine, I just need to get the sphere itself to look more like it.)
For the small form, it's definitely improved. The charged form still looks too big, though. The biggest lightning bolts that protrude from it cover over a third of FD. With that toned down, I think it's great. (And I like the yellow Zap Cannon sphere idea!)

Notshane

Smash Ace
Hey, I do not mean to change the topic here, just stating something I thought was pretty awesome that I thought of; does anyone think it would be really sick if Ryu Hayabusa of Nintendo consoles faced Joe Musashi of SEGA consoles for the competition of ninjas? I would love to see them both show up in Sm4sh to watch that rumble, should SEGA have the right to add another character.

By the way, that Deoxys model, and animations, look so slick. I never thought of Deoxys as a character before, but something like that would for sure have not worked in Sm4sh due to......you guessed it: 3DS limitations XD

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
For the small form, it's definitely improved. The charged form still looks too big, though. The biggest lightning bolts that protrude from it cover over a third of FD. With that toned down, I think it's great. (And I like the yellow Zap Cannon sphere idea!)
I'll work on making the large burst smaller then.

animations
I haven't done any animation work on Deoxys yet though. :p

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Good thing we aren't telling them about the thing v:

I'm hoping to be able to have someone look into Toon Link's module to see if it can be edited to allow the projectile to pierce foes, rather than go away upon contact.
Ever considered if it's in Fighter.pac?
Don't think we really know what's in there. And if we do, we haven't checked on it for years.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Gonna start working on character mechanics now.

Starting off with Defense Form's damage reduction.
http://gfycat.com/CautiousCarefulAruanas
It's currently set to reduce damage by half, but I'm going to lessen it, so it's not so OP.

I might make Attack Form take more damage from attacks, while leaving Normal and Speed Forms alone.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice

It's currently set to reduce damage by half, but I'm going to lessen it, so it's not so OP.

I might make Attack Form take more damage from attacks, while leaving Normal and Speed Forms alone.
Awesome!
Do you think you could also have Defense Form take less knockback, like Shulk's Shield art?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

You're the greatest person on Earth. Will you adopt me?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
How did you make him take less damage?
I guess he saves the current damage in a variable and then in the damage subactions (DamageAir1, DamageFly2 and such) he compares that old value with the new one and if Deoxys is in defense form he recovers half the difference.
If you look close enough at the gif you can see that he actually takes full damage (you can see the 13% for a brief moment) and then it changes to 6%. In a stamina match defense form wouldn't save you.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I guess he saves the current damage in a variable and then in the damage subactions (DamageAir1, DamageFly2 and such) he compares that old value with the new one and if Deoxys is in defense form he recovers half the difference.
If you look close enough at the gif you can see that he actually takes full damage (you can see the 13% for a brief moment) and then it changes to 6%. In a stamina match defense form wouldn't save you.
This is what I had to do. Maybe if I could figure out which Action is used for getting hit, then I could possibly apply the coding to reduce damage that way.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
A small update, but no previews though.

I've been spending this week, looking through all the character Actions and applying an Override to the Actions in which the Model Changers won't work normally, and I've managed to get the Model Changers working across every single Action.

There's one small semi-unrelated catch though. Going through the portals or doors of All Star Mode, Boss Battles Mode, and Subspace will reset your Form to Normal Form. So far, I have been unsuccessful in keeping the current Form upon state change. Though I'm still trying to see if I can even keep the current Form upon state change.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
There's one small semi-unrelated catch though. Going through the portals or doors of All Star Mode, Boss Battles Mode, and Subspace will reset your Form to Normal Form. So far, I have been unsuccessful in keeping the current Form upon state change. Though I'm still trying to see if I can even keep the current Form upon state change.
I honestly don't see how this is a bad thing, might make it easier, actually.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Going through the portals or doors of All Star Mode, Boss Battles Mode, and Subspace will reset your Form to Normal Form. So far, I have been unsuccessful in keeping the current Form upon state change. Though I'm still trying to see if I can even keep the current Form upon state change.
If it becomes too much of a hassle to continue work on that, you can simply try to continue to refine Deoxys on other things in the meantime and then once that is all done spend all your effort into seeing if you can get him to keep his form through arena changes. That way, you are not being plagued with a single task that hinders the entire development process.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
A small update, but no previews though.

I've been spending this week, looking through all the character Actions and applying an Override to the Actions in which the Model Changers won't work normally, and I've managed to get the Model Changers working across every single Action.

I don't see anything wrong with Deoxys going back to normal form. Furthermore, if you managed to make it so Deoxys keeps his last used form between boss battles and such, wouldn't it mean that he would also keep the last used form between matches? I think that would be more of a problem than going back to normal form when going through a door in single player.

And when you say actions do you mean something other than the subactions? Like, the way I think you're doing the form change is by having the down B subaction change the value of the variable that holds the current form and then at the beginning of all the subactions you check the value of that varible and show the model of the respective form. Or is there another way? And which ones are the actions that don't like model changer events?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I honestly don't see how this is a bad thing, might make it easier, actually.
Easier?

If it becomes too much of a hassle to continue work on that, you can simply try to continue to refine Deoxys on other things in the meantime and then once that is all done spend all your effort into seeing if you can get him to keep his form through arena changes. That way, you are not being plagued with a single task that hinders the entire development process.
I usually work on one thing at a time until it's done, hence why I've been spending the entirety of last week playing around with Actions, but I work on something else if I can't get that one thing done.

I don't see anything wrong with Deoxys going back to normal form. Furthermore, if you managed to make it so Deoxys keeps his last used form between boss battles and such, wouldn't it mean that he would also keep the last used form between matches? I think that would be more of a problem than going back to normal form when going through a door in single player.
That's something I'm not sure of. If that were to happen, then I would revert the change.

And when you say actions do you mean something other than the subactions? Like, the way I think you're doing the form change is by having the down B subaction change the value of the variable that holds the current form and then at the beginning of all the subactions you check the value of that varible and show the model of the respective form. Or is there another way? And which ones are the actions that don't like model changer events?
There's Actions and Sub Actions.

The method I use is during Down Special, the Form changes if the control stick is pressed in a certain direction.

Though the technical aspect of it is to set a Variable, depending which direction the control stick is held in. After that, a Subroutine is placed in every single Sub Action (except a select few) that checks for the set variable and changes the Model Changer, based on which variable is set.

As for which Actions I needed to make Overrides for, that would be almost every Action relating to Special Grabs, being thrown, and a few other misc Actions.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Well, I know which forme I won't be using, hahaha. I've never been too fond of fast fighters anyway, but I imagine he'll be real fun in Subspace and on Big Blue!
Outspeeding cars on Big Blue without a Bunny Hood. That'll be interesting, to say the least.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
I do not want this to go off topic too much, but...

Have a nice day.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
The best part about working with KJP is when you realize that it's not possible

"We can't do it"
"RIP"

Top Bottom