• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

Notshane

Smash Ace
If you were crazy, you could add Z to the input list.

Please don't.
Oh, yeah. I totally forgot that Waluigi could have an A+B move. I know several character mods that take advantage of all of the buttons in very unique ways, such as implementing inputs, meant to act as shortcuts to other moves, into their own original move. Now I am even more excited to experiment with him.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Since I've gotten the Max scene from Nano, I'm gonna try streaming touching up Deoxys in about an hour or two. Take note there may be lag, as my internet is very...very...very...bad...

http://www.twitch.tv/kingjigglypuff
I'll obviously not stream if no one shows up. :v

And just in case Twitch is too laggy, here's an alternative stream.
https://picarto.tv/KingJigglypuff

Edit: And if that isn't enough, if I do get to streaming, I'll reveal a new planned character that I may prioritize after Deoxys. Unless if I already have someone prioritized after Deoxys (my memory isn't that great sometimes. :v), then the character will be after that character.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I think Greninja was next. :p
Based on my previous posts, I believe I had Sceptile planned after Deoxys, so this Stream-revealed character will be after Sceptile, though it's been a while since I've asked StarWaffle about his progress. :v

Also...

THE TIME IS NOW!

Gonna begin streaming on Twitch, but if it's too laggy, then the stream will move to Picarto.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Just as I thought, my internet is utter ****.

Gonna try a last resort with Picarto.
https://picarto.tv/KingJigglypuff

My internet is too bad, even for that. It already takes me like 2 hours just to upload a 3 - 5 minute video. Imagine how long it would take for me to upload a 10 minute video.
I've spent entire days dedicated to an upload, brugh.

I'm lying, it was rendering, whatever.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
KJP's stream is now on Picarto, and it's somewhat better than twitch... And KJP is working as I speak. :p

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
The stream has ended. The only thing I did was touch up Speed Form's rig a little.

The stream was so short, as it was just a test to see how much lag there was, and from the results, I'm not going to use Twitch to stream, but rather Picarto, as I can actually stream with that without too much lag.

Though I will schedule a stream this time. The stream will be this Friday at 4:30 PM EST.

New character hint; they're a vampire.
The character revealed on the stream was none other than Dio Brando. :v

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I didn't get to watch all of the stream , sadly. Who was the decided next character?
The character revealed on the stream was none other than Dio Brando. :v
Currently writing up a planned moveset while I work on touching up Deoxys' rig.

Right, but he said that there was going to be a character announced on-stream that he would work on after Deoxys. That's what I meant.
Sceptile is my next project after Deoxys. Dio will be after Sceptile.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I also thought that Dio being next was a joke haha.

I suggest taking a look at his moveset in the JJBA fighting games.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Did he just slowly walk up and post another gfycat?
http://gfycat.com/SimplisticSmartJaguar
I got the model changers fully working while making Down Special change between them, based on control stick input.

Just a few more things before I can actually get started on the animations.

It's cool to see the concept come to life. The models look great, too!
The unfortunate thing is that I'm going to have to further decrease the texture sizes to get Deoxys to work with PM. In Brawl, Deoxys' model just barely escapes the file size limit with its 4 main textures scaled down to 256x256. It unfortunately doesn't work with PM at the current texture size, so I'm gonna have to try further scaling them down to 128x128 for PM.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
The unfortunate thing is that I'm going to have to further decrease the texture sizes to get Deoxys to work with PM. In Brawl, Deoxys' model just barely escapes the file size limit with its 4 main textures scaled down to 256x256. It unfortunately doesn't work with PM at the current texture size, so I'm gonna have to try further scaling them down to 128x128 for PM.
Oh well. I'm assuming that there's no optimizing that could save it? Deoxys is a pretty simple character so at least it won't have a huge impact.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I highly doubt it matters too much - Deoxys has a complex appearance in terms of his model, and since Smash gameplay is typically far away, he'll look fine... Just don't pause, heheh.
I got the model changers fully working while making Down Special change between them, based on control stick input.
Do you mean like
:GCDL:+:GCB: ,:GCD:+:GCB: and :GCDR: + :GCB:? Each one yielding a different form? That sounds awesome.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
If we can still talk about Waluigi, I want to show you guys my ideas for a custom specials moveset for the Waluigi mod. I only want to change his specials because all his other moves look really good. Here they are:

Up Special: Waluigi "air swims" upwards (either straight up or at an angle) instead of side-ways.

Side Special: Since Waluigi's "Air Swimming" move was mapped into his Up-Special, that left room for a new Side-Special. So I immediately thought of giving Waluigi one of his go-karts from the Mario Kart games. It would function exactly as Brawl Wario's Side-Special. And it fits perfectly in Project M because PM Wario no longer uses his bike anyway.

Neutral Special: It stays exactly the same. The "WAAAHH" is too brilliant.

Down Special: Waluigi uses his Psycho Iris powers from his infamous fan-game as a telekinetic command-grab. It's either this, or Waluigi can just pull out a bob-bomb.

Notshane

Smash Ace
So I immediately thought of giving Waluigi one of his go-karts from the Mario Kart games. It would function exactly as Brawl Wario's Side-Special. And it fits perfectly in Project M because PM Wario no longer uses his bike anyway.
The concept sounds more fitting in Brawl, provided MK64DS would even be willing to give Waluigi another arsenal of moves. But, in Project M, that sounds like a horrible idea for competitive play. And I know that they are working hard to finely tune Waluigi for Project M and are trying to avoid giving him moves that might come off as OP or time consuming in fights, such as Waluigi gliding around in a go kart :chuckle:

Waluigi uses his Psycho Iris powers from his infamous fan-game as a telekinetic command-grab. It's either this, or Waluigi can just pull out a bob-bomb.
That grab almost sounds too OP for Brawl and the Bob-omb is quite obviously OP. That is like Peach winning the Turnip gamble on every go. The Bob-omb would require unique damage properties to be fitting, but then why bother having two Bob-ombs with different damage properties? Does not make much sense to me.

Top Bottom