• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Come to think of it, didn't somebody rip the Melee Waluigi trophy into a functional model for a Brawl mod? Or was that just a texture swap?

If it was a model rip, than I suppose that means other trophy model rips are inevitable, which means Melee-model Ridley could be a thing. :p

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Come to think of it, didn't somebody rip the Melee Waluigi trophy into a functional model for a Brawl mod? Or was that just a texture swap?

If it was a model rip, than I suppose that means other trophy model rips are inevitable, which means Melee-model Ridley could be a thing. :p
Dont' really see how this relates.
The process to rip melee models is complicated and in some cases (aka mine), it doesn't work at all.
Like I said in the other thread, you'll have to tpose the model by hand.

Congrats man!
Ay :v

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Those new poses are beautiful. I love the sounds and how high he jumps too.
I have a few Waluigi questions that all are likely to be answered with no:
Will any of Waluigi's skins be compatible with the assist trophy?
Will Waluigi's Brawl in the Family skin be two dimensional?
Will Waluigi ever get his own stage?
I hope that there's eventually some assist trophy replacements eventually, Mario King said he was hoping to keep it 'cause it makes him chuckle. I think the Brawl in the Family Waluigi is enough of its own character that it should be the assist trophy.

Also I'm hyped for Deoxys.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Will any of Waluigi's skins be compatible with the assist trophy?
At a first glance, no, but with v0.76 of BrawlBox, you can do bone index editing to make the Waluigi models able to be used with the Assist Trophy version.

Will Waluigi's Brawl in the Family skin be two dimensional?
It will be cell-shaded, but not 2D, due to Brawl's limitations.

Jesus Christ, how horrifying.
We currently have no plans to make a stage for Waluigi, but if someone offers an idea, then I'll talk to MK about it.

Notshane

Smash Ace
A necessity... But how would it be implemented?
A stage for Waluigi does not have to impose significant animation traits. It can simply just have some cool background effects, like pinballs being hit with the flippers; special effects and, of course, the Waluigi Pinball theme; both the remix and original versions.

It would be neat, if there must be some form of hazard, to implement some functional flippers to hit the players whenever they tough them. Like, have the players be in the middle of a pinball game, standing on one of the slopes that is in the middle; and it is big enough to scale down and upwards. Similar to this:

Like, having the flippers function to hit you, being able to go into the water and being eaten by the fish. So, perhaps, using the base from the Ice Climbers stage for the fish...

Wait, now I'm just talking about an idea for a Sonic Spinball stage.

Okay, for the Waluigi Pinball, I was just thinking it could have a similar platform layout, but have the flippers work and being able to knockback the player. Maybe, have a pinball that actually glides around the stage as well that the flippers also hit, and they can sometimes deal deadly knockback damage as well.

It is just a small idea, but it could work as a big stage and it would be pretty fun if some creative effort was given. At the very most, maybe just have it be a fun pinball stage with platforming and, maybe, functional flippers. Otherwise, maybe just something with background animations on a generic stage with three platforms, or no platforms at all so you can see the background action.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
I know, I just like teasing is all. Putting a story to it eases the wait, too.
All I know is that it will surely be less than a month now. My friends were always upset that Waluigi never showed up in Sm4sh, but now with Waluigi being just around the corner, I will finally have a reason to make them play Project M again. I would say Brawl too, but they can not get used to the way that game plays. None of us have really touched it in a few years, either.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Remember when I said that optimizing Raiden was kinda sorta impossible?

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Alright, how many fingers are crossed for the WAH for October?

(patiently awaits for drogoth232 to deliver another delay announcement shortly after I post this)

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Alright, how many fingers are crossed for the WAH for October?

(patiently awaits for drogoth232 to deliver another delay announcement shortly after I post this)
Don't know if I'm even allowed to say it, but I'll say it because honesty2gud

Unfortunately, there's one or two gamebreaking bugs we're trying to figure out how to fix. And we cant just say "let's ignore it", otherwise we would. If these aren't addressed, then Waluigi literally wont' be playable for not just you guys, but us.

Saying we're disappointed is an understatement right now. And we're sure you guys are too. I mean, come on. Who thinks Pit or Ridley or Dark Samus are better than Waluigi?

Only Waluigi is better than Waluigi.

Notshane

Smash Ace

Unfortunately, there's one or two gamebreaking bugs we're trying to figure out how to fix. And we cant just say "let's ignore it", otherwise we would. If these aren't addressed, then Waluigi literally wont' be playable for not just you guys, but us.

Saying we're disappointed is an understatement right now. And we're sure you guys are too. I mean, come on. Who thinks Pit or Ridley or Dark Samus are better than Waluigi?

I'm so glad I didn't get my hopes up. I was just thinking more about a delay in the making than an actual release.

Granted, I would only be disappointed if he is pushed to December or next year. If so, and the remaining DLC characters for Sm4sh are also released later on, this will be a very hard and long wait.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

And in a month or two, someone on the team will discover that the only reason behind the bug is just a tiny detail somewhere inside of the jungle of files. The tiniest, stupidest detail that, when you discover it, will make you all feel dumb.

I'm curious - what situation in-game leads to it farting?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
And in a month or two, someone on the team will discover that the only reason behind the bug is just a tiny detail somewhere inside of the jungle of files. The tiniest, stupidest detail that, when you discover it, will make you all feel dumb.

I'm curious - what situation in-game leads to it farting?
Being stuck by C4 or being egg'd by Yoshi.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I never thought that Waluigi's ones weakness would be detonated explosives and spotted eggs.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Hey KJP, clearly you're busy with your current projects, but once you move on to Greninja, you might wanna collab with a guy called FinalEmperor. This is his thread on KC:MM, where he showcases his current work on Greninja (for Brawl, but I'm sure that doesn't ruin everything). Here's a preview video, too.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
KingJigglypuff KingJigglypuff , I have never really been a fan of Waluigi, both as a character and potential fighter, but your work has given me a new perspective on him. I might even like the idea of him being playable now thanks to your hard work. :D So keep up the good work, I can't wait to test him out upon release.

P.s. I haven't seen it talked about for a good while, but how is Deoxys coming along? When you showed those moveset images for each form a while back, I honestly freaked out over how awesome it was.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Day 1,459: My patience for the finalized Waluigi continues to grow thin, but the Power of WAH help strengthen my willpower to hold on.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Hey KJP, clearly you're busy with your current projects, but once you move on to Greninja, you might wanna collab with a guy called FinalEmperor. This is his thread on KC:MM, where he showcases his current work on Greninja (for Brawl, but I'm sure that doesn't ruin everything). Here's a preview video, too.
I saw that at least a day ago. The only thing I'll say at this time is that their animation skills need quite a bit of work. They also state that they only know the basics of moveset editing, so I'll have to pass on that offer in the meantime. It's not like two people can make the same character or anything, baka. Embarrass

KingJigglypuff KingJigglypuff , I have never really been a fan of Waluigi, both as a character and potential fighter, but your work has given me a new perspective on him. I might even like the idea of him being playable now thanks to your hard work. :D So keep up the good work, I can't wait to test him out upon release.
I appreciate the praise, but don't forget to give praise to @Marioking64DS, the head honcho of the Waluigi project.

P.s. I haven't seen it talked about for a good while, but how is Deoxys coming along? When you showed those moveset images for each form a while back, I honestly freaked out over how awesome it was.[/USER]
I'm still waiting for Nanobuds to do what needs to be done, but he's been rather busy with things. I can ask him tomorrow about it though.

Day 1,459: My patience for the finalized Waluigi continues to grow thin, but the Power of WAH help strengthen my willpower to hold on.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I saw that at least a day ago. The only thing I'll say at this time is that their animation skills need quite a bit of work. They also state that they only know the basics of moveset editing, so I'll have to pass on that offer in the meantime. It's not like two people can make the same character or anything, baka. Embarrass]
I definitely noticed that about the animations, which is why I figured collab would be best rather than for him to do it on his own and have you work without a decent template. I'll leave you to your thing then!

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Good news, everyone: Nano's done with his Deoxys touch-ups! There's a few tiny things here and there (alongside needing to be re-imported), but those are things I can do on my own once I get the 3DS Max scene from him.

Wait, I forget. What is Waluigi's Down Special in this mod?
Mischief Step. Waluigi takes a step forward (dash in the air), During the step/dash, Waluigi has a frame window to input either A, B, or L/R to preform a special move out of it, based on which button is pressed. It takes inspiration from a move in Tekken.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Good news, everyone: Nano's done with his Deoxys touch-ups! There's a few tiny things here and there (alongside needing to be re-imported), but those are things I can do on my own once I get the 3DS Max scene from him.
I can't wait to see what Poppa Nano's done with Deoxys! Such a difficult task, given Deoxys' lack of known material.

Mischief Step. Waluigi takes a step forward (dash in the air), During the step/dash, Waluigi has a frame window to input either A, B, or L/R to preform a special move out of it, based on which button is pressed. It takes inspiration from a move in Tekken.[/QUOTE]It sounds super intimidating, but I'll accept it. If you were crazy, you could add Z to the input list.

Please don't.

Top Bottom