• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
So wait, is it possible to add Waluigi in his own slot in PM yet?
A new slot could be done, but I can assure you that it's not worth the trouble it would cause. Besides, after two more clones, characters will automatically die when thrown. I suspect that this relates to a custom grab function that the PMDT introduced in 3.5, since I didn't have this problem in 3.02.

EDIT: The aforementioned problem with clones instantly dying has been fixed

More importantly, I'll release an unofficial PM plug and play module for Pit soon that will allow you to freely replace any character with Bagan's Ridley or this Waluigi. You could, in theory, have Waluigi, Pit and Ridley all in a match simultaneously.

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
A new slot could be done, but I can assure you that it's not worth the trouble it would cause. Besides, after two more clones, characters will automatically die when thrown. I suspect that this relates to a custom grab function that the PMDT introduced in 3.5, since I didn't have this problem in 3.02.

More importantly, I'll release an unofficial PM plug and play module for Pit soon that will allow you to freely replace any character with Bagan's Ridley or this Waluigi. You could, in theory, have Waluigi, Pit and Ridley all in a match simultaneously.
So it will let us replace them with other characters, such as Jigglypuff or Olimar?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
So it will let us replace them with other characters, such as Jigglypuff or Olimar?
Yep, that's exactly right. I haven't officially released it yet because I haven't tested out any of the transforming characters yet. Couple that with the fact that I'm writing a thesis and applying to positions in my field right now and it should become clear that releasing a 158 kb file is the least of my worries at the moment lol.

Cahalan

Smash Ace

So the grab glitch is still plaguing the clones... how about characters over the alloys?

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice

Snip

Last edited by a moderator:

Notshane

Smash Ace
-snip-

But, to avoid going off-topic, let's just leave it at that. We just got done with one flame, so I am putting this one out as well right now.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Hey.

Are you two forgetting what Strong Bad said?

Keep discussion on the subject of KingJigglypuff's customized content please. Anything else is considered off-topic and can be infracted for spam. This is primarily directed at notshane, but also replying to off-topic discussion can be considered encouraging the behavior and off-topic discussion in and of itself.
Edit:
Waluigi in Target Smash.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Hey.

Are you two forgetting what Strong Bad said?

Edit:
Waluigi in Target Smash.
Nope. Just trying to make sure that people are not getting the wrong idea of a character.

DARN now I just want him more! That new CSP looks so good and his moves look so refined!

Last edited:

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received

EDIT: And I don't know why my previous comment was snipped. I stayed ON TOPIC by mentioning that I wanted to put KINGJIGGLY'S WALUIGI MOD over future characters. My guess as to why the mods broke their own rules and silenced me anyway is because they were afraid that my statement about who I STATED THAT I THOUGHT would be included in future versions of PM may be true. And whether my statement on who I expect to see in Project M turns out to be true is irrelevant and not breaking the rules. Plus, I also mentioned NO LEAKS WHATSOEVER. I made sure I didn't when I made that comment. But as usual, the PMDT/mods once again show how incompetent, unprofessional, biased, and hypocritical they are by snipping my comment anyway. Even though I reposted an altered version of the same comment anyway (even though I shouldn't have had to, as I had technically followed all the rules), I still demand an apology from a member of the PMDT/mod team. It's the principal that matters to me.

Notshane

Smash Ace
EDIT: And I don't know why my previous comment was snipped. I stayed ON TOPIC by mentioning that I wanted to put KINGJIGGLY'S WALUIGI MOD over future characters. My guess as to why the mods broke their own rules and silenced me anyway is because they were afraid that my statement about who I PERSONALLY THINK AND STATED will be included in future versions of PM may be true. And I also mentioned NO LEAKS WHATSOEVER. I made sure I didn't when I made that comment. but as usual, the ~~PMDT~~ mods once again show how incompetent, unprofessional, biased, and hypocritical they are by snipping my comment anyway. Even though I reposted an altered version of the same comment anyway, I still demand an apology from a member of the ~~PMDT~~ mod team. It's the principal that matters to me.
You really couldn't make it any more obvious who you are referring to.

At any rate, I imagine that Marioking64DS has plans to simply splice Waluigi into an official version of Project M at some given point in time, without the need to replace anyone. Worst-case scenario, he simply tells us how to splice him in ourselves. Or, some other professional programmer can give us the information. Either way, Pit in Brawl is not that much fun, so I will gladly replace him if I have to. It really is depressing at how negative your opinion is towards characters that everyone has requested, though that is all I will say on the matter.

Also, it is not very smart to re-post something that was snipped by a moderator. You are just begging for consequences.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
You really couldn't make it any more obvious who you are referring to.

At any rate, I imagine that Marioking64DS has plans to simply splice Waluigi into an official version of Project M at some given point in time, without the need to replace anyone. Worst-case scenario, he simply tells us how to splice him in ourselves. Or, some other professional programmer can give us the information. Either way, Pit in Brawl is not that much fun, so I will gladly replace him if I have to. It really is depressing at how negative your opinion is towards characters that everyone has requested, though that is all I will say on the matter.

Also, it is not very smart to re-post something that was snipped by a moderator. You are just begging for consequences.
I reposted a slightly altered version of it (even though I shouldn't have had to in the first place) and followed it up with why the mods shouldn't have snipped it in the first place. And me being "obvious" as to what I am referencing is irrelevant, as I did not technically explicitly mention anything that broke the rules of this thread. Now, I believe we are getting off topic, so would PyotrLuzhin please just answer my ON TOPIC question, and would the mods please just FOLLOW their own rules for once and stop being incompetent? Also, please edit your comment to delete my quote in it. I already edited my original comment so the quote in your comment is outdated. I also wish to not start another argument, so once I get my apology from the incompetent mod team and my on-topic question answered directly by PyotrLuzhin, I will be done.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Good Grief.

I should rename this thread to KJP's Drama Room featuring Waluigi from the Mario series™. :U

We currently have no plans to give Waluigi his own unofficial spot in PM. The best that can be done for PM is using a P&P rel to place Waluigi over non Pit characters.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Good Grief.

I should rename this thread to KJP's Drama Room featuring Waluigi from the Mario series™. :U

We currently have no plans to give Waluigi his own unofficial spot in PM. The best that can be done for PM is using a P&P rel to place Waluigi over non Pit characters.
And could this P&P rel also place Waluigi over any potential future PM characters? If so, that would be perfect.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
I reposted a slightly altered version of it (even though I shouldn't have had to in the first place) and followed it up with why the mods shouldn't have snipped it in the first place. And me being "obvious" as to what I am referencing is irrelevant, as I did not technically explicitly mention anything that broke the rules of this thread. Now, I believe we are getting off topic, so would PyotrLuzhin please just answer my ON TOPIC question, and would the mods please just FOLLOW their own rules for once and stop being incompetent? Also, please edit your comment to delete my quote in it. I already edited my original comment so the quote in your comment is outdated. I also wish to not start another argument, so once I get my apology from the incompetent mod team and my on-topic question answered directly by PyotrLuzhin, I will be done.
It is still offensive to say that she is worthless. Well no longer as highly requested, the overall amount of requests she has gotten are still pretty high. Takamaru was also highly requested and anticipated to be in Sm4sh, but you don't see him up in the board results.

As I said in a prior argument a while back, you could have EASILY phrased that better. How about this:

"I appreciate the hard amount of effort the Project M team is putting towards these two new characters that I saw a year ago, but I would rather replace one of them with the WAH. Does this new "REL" that is being worked on allow for this to happen? All information would be kindly appreciated."

I had a hunch that you would have been snipped anyway due to how offensive that post was towards Lyn, a character that got very positive reception when everyone saw her for the first time in action. It was not one of the more mature things I read on here and the "incompetent mod team" does not have to apologize to anything.

They probably snipped it because of your way of phrasing that made it sound like you were begging for an argument to begin, which kind of happened with me since I was working pretty late and came back to this post and got a bit enraged over it, hence my snipping. I completely went against everything I stood for earlier when I apologized, so now I feel pretty bad.

Good Grief.

Eh, yeah. That is mostly thanks to me, though. I was extremely immature at the time before my hindsight and just brought in drama, though this time around, I do not know why Depressedzombieluigi hates Lyn. That is a mysterious beyond what I can understand.

Ah, I see. Well, to be honest, if I can put him over someone else, that would be better. I do still like using Ridley a lot, though I actually may replace him anyway since Ridley still crashes when trying to climb ladders, among other things. Despite how "good" that mod is as many claim, I have had it crash on me several times and that is one of the reasons why I replace it every now and then.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Being "offensive" towards a videogame character is irrelevant toward this thread's rules and doesn't warrant being snipped by the mod team. And your also wrong about Lyn and Takamaru. In one of Sakurai's famitsu articles from a while ago during the development of Sm4sh (I forgot which article), he said that he didn't make a handful of characters into being playable citing Takamaru and Lyn as examples due to them not being popular enough. Though for Takamaru, Sakurai said if support for him gets big enough in the future (Smash Ballot) then he will "consider" it. So if even the frickin CREATOR thinks Lyn isn't worthy enough to be in Smash, then that's really saying something. I will not participate in this conversation anymore as it would only serve as fuel to the fire and isn't relevant toward this thread. I've already said my last words on the matter, so I will no longer argue about this.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
If PyotrLuzhin's rel works, you should be able to port Waluigi over anyone.
Oh, it will, I've tested it on unused character slots ;) Of course, people should report any freezes that they encounter while using it to me so that I can fix them.
And could this P&P rel also place Waluigi over any potential future PM characters? If so, that would be perfect.
Yeah, that's what I also plan to do with that certain character that you seem to dislike so much lol

Last edited:

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Oh, it will, I've tested it on unused character slots ;) Of course, people should report any freezes that they encounter while using it to me so that I can fix them.
Thank you very much for working on this rel for the community PyotrLuzhin. It may or may not be used in a future project that someone is working on ;)

Notshane

Smash Ace
Being "offensive" towards a videogame character is irrelevant toward this thread's rules and doesn't warrant being snipped by the mod team.
If the topic is trying to avoid arbitrary flame wars, then yes, that had every right to be snipped. That is all.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I grow weary of editing posts. Keep discussion to KJP's works or potential works or find a different forum for your subject; my patience in editing posts can only last so long~

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Ah man, the suspense is killing me! I just want to know if I can WAH this month or the next already! Patience has been a virtue this whole year, but now it seems to grow thin at the worst time. After seeing that release preview, the new gameplay and CSP, I really hope it is this month!

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Ah man, the suspense is killing me! I just want to know if I can WAH this month or the next already! Patience has been a virtue this whole year, but now it seems to grow thin at the worst time. After seeing that release preview, the new gameplay and CSP, I really hope it is this month!
If you want an extremely rough estimate, I'd say maybe about a month or so, given if MK doesn't feel the need to re-work anything. Take this with a grain of salt, as I can't make any promises about it.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
We're ironing things out and making sure that nothing breaks or looks bad. Which can take a while. My PERSONAL estimate is that it'll be out by October. But then again, I'm pretty delusional when it comes to getting things done on time.
Plus, balancing for PM can be a pain.
A really big pain.
A painful pain.

Notshane

Smash Ace
So...when Marioking64DS said last year that Waluigi would have been ready by the fall on his most recent video at the time, before his development hiatus began, he really meant it, then. Wow, it really is a shame that those things happened when they did.

And, given Project M 3.6 is a thing now, I imagine that the balancing is even more painful than ever before.

So, if Waluigi was the only developed for Brawl, he would probably be here now. Interesting.

At least I can expect him in less than a hundred days, though.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
I've been looking forward to the release of this mod since its original announcement; it's by far one of the most professional-looking PSAs. The design is fantastic! I am surprised about the lack of a projectile, though. Why didn't you guys include a bob-omb or a tennis ball projectile?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I've been looking forward to the release of this mod since its original announcement; it's by far one of the most professional-looking PSAs. The design is fantastic! I am surprised about the lack of a projectile, though. Why didn't you guys include a bob-omb or a tennis ball projectile?
Because people expect that, obviously. With Waluigi you to fear the unseen Waa.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Am I the only one who finds it funny how Waluigi (hopefully) releases the month the Smash Ballot closes? It's like he's an unofficial reward character for everyone to celebrate the success of the Ballot. :p

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
NEVER.

Something I noticed is that Waluigi is slightly higher at the end of that win pose than at the start of that win pose's wait animation.
Just checked the animation. There doesn't seem to be any rogue bone translations going up, only forward.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Marioking64DS, you should do a versus video with the current Waluigi versus the very first one you made. That would actually be pretty entertaining to watch.

Top Bottom