• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Keep discussion on the subject of KingJigglypuff's customized content please. Anything else is considered off-topic and can be infracted for spam. This is primarily directed at notshane, but also replying to off-topic discussion can be considered encouraging the behavior and off-topic discussion in and of itself.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Keep discussion on the subject of KingJigglypuff's customized content please. Anything else is considered off-topic and can be infracted for spam. This is primarily directed at notshane, but also replying to off-topic discussion can be considered encouraging the behavior and off-topic discussion in and of itself.
Sigh, would kill for one person to notice I was sorry about it. But, I am glad that the argument is over now.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
This, we have more important things to worry about like Waluigi
MK64, did you read my comment about the idea for Waluigi's new Final Smash? http://gfycat.com/RaggedLoathsomeAngwantibo The hurricane would obviously be a lot bigger and would suck in nearby opponents and do major damage before blowing them away (much like ZSS's PM Final Smash). Do you like the idea MK64?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
We're already working on something for the fs. Can't and won't say what for obvious reasons.

A looot of things to iron out, though. That much I can say.

Notshane

Smash Ace
MK64, did you read my comment about the idea for Waluigi's new Final Smash? http://gfycat.com/RaggedLoathsomeAngwantibo The hurricane would obviously be a lot bigger and would suck in nearby opponents and do major damage before blowing them away (much like ZSS's PM Final Smash). Do you like the idea MK64?
Yeah, I can see it being something related to his first game. But, knowing MK64DS, he might go out on a limb and reflect ALL of the games he has appeared in. I bet it will combine all of his sports moves into one big blast. But, this is just a theory. I bet there is something much better on the way.

Speaking of, I got a question for the creator: I have seen Waluigi face many foes, and I mean MANY foes.

But, what if Waluigi faced............Waluigi? I have not thought about it until now, but I do not think my heart could handle that showdown. It just feels like it would be extremely intense.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
The Waluigi AI is... weird.

I'm currently working on finding out which character's AI works best with Waluigi. I'm probably going to look into ai coding in the near future. But idk what will come of it, to be completely honest.

I'm currently working on finding out which character's AI works best with Waluigi. I'm probably going to look into ai coding in the near future. But idk what will come of it, to be completely honest.
Im pretty sure Ike will do nicely. Or Diddy. Anybody that uses their Side B as forward momentum and their UP-B is immediate

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Currently using Falcon.

He's having problems recovering, so chances are I'm definitely going to have to take a look at the ai files.

Notshane

Smash Ace

I was actually just wondering if that would result in an actual delay for next year, aside from the lack of an announcer at his victory screen. I would say the PMDT had it easy, but honestly, Mewtwo and Roy were probably not impossible to program since they are semi-clones of Lucario and Marth, respectively.

Mewtwo is on the scale of being closer to unique than Roy of course, given his special moves are noticeably different on a few scales. But either way, both of them were easy.

As of now, the idea I am thinking of would only work if you could splice an AI with another one.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
OK, can we talk about turning Waluigi's Side B into his Up B? His current Up B is just a boring unoriginal mixture of Wario's and Luigi's. And his Side B seems pretty much useless outside of horizontal recovery. So I thought that instead of getting rid of his hilarious "air swimming" move, we tweak it so that he swims upwards instead of sideways, and then map it to be his new Up Special recovery instead of his current one. I don't know what we would give him for a new Side-B, but I'm sure MK64 can think of something original. On a side note, I totally love the concept of his "WAAAA" Neutral-B and I don't want it to be changed at all.

Another separate thing I would like to talk about is tweaking his F-air. No, I don't mean changing the hitbox or frame data or anything for the move, I mean that I think we should change the animation from an upward-kick to an upward racket swing. I only want this because 1. It would be cool to have more than one of Waluigi's aerial moves NOT involve using his lanky legs and 2. By changing it to an upward racket swing, we can also give it reflective properties like his F-tilt. This would give Waluigi the ability to reflect projectiles on the ground AND in the air. Just my 2 cents on Waluigi ideas. Keep up the good work MK!

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
The final stance on the moveset when it comes to the moves themselves:

Nothing will be changed. Aside from probably code things and a few animation fixes/tweaks, whatever you see is what you're gonna end up getting.

There won't be any problems if someone decides to make the changes themselves once the moveset is out. But for now, the official moveset's moves are the ones you see.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
The final stance on the moveset when it comes to the moves themselves:

Nothing will be changed. Aside from probably code things and a few animation fixes/tweaks, whatever you see is what you're gonna end up getting.

There won't be any problems if someone decides to make the changes themselves once the moveset is out. But for now, the official moveset's moves are the ones you see.

Is it because Waluigi is too late in development?

Notshane

Smash Ace
Is it because Waluigi is too late in development?
Haha, dude, Waluigi has been going on for years. I think MK64DS, as much as he loves Waluigi, probably wants to just tweak him and give the WAH to us already; as developing him for too long might turn into development hell, especially since, if what I heard is true, he has been at him for a LONG time now.

His moves look fine to me. And yeah, like drogoth232 said: refinement, tweaks and such are all he needs now. I am hoping we get him this year, at least. I am just too pumped for this ever since I heard all the news last month that he is not gone from development. I just assumed he gave up, but then I heard the life story and all of that. So, it makes sense that it has taken this long.

Notshane

Smash Ace
You guys are having way too much fun teasing us now.
The way I see it, I bet they will announce that Waluigi is coming out tomorrow one day, say today for example is the announcement, and the video shows him getting a smash ball and then he jumps off the cliff again. And then the video ends with "10/4/2015" and then we all throw a tantrum as we have to deal with our busy lives for a whole month before the WAH can cheer us up.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
And then they're gonna find a game-breaking glitch that they'll spend four years trying to fix.

A while back, Marioking64DS said a member of the Waateam figured out how to add Waluigi to Brawl as a separate slot, and was investigating the same with Project M. Will this development hold back out glorious Waluigi? I would not mind this.

Notshane

Smash Ace
And then they're gonna find a game-breaking glitch that they'll spend four years trying to fix.

A while back, Marioking64DS said a member of the Waateam figured out how to add Waluigi to Brawl as a separate slot, and was investigating the same with Project M. Will this development hold back out glorious Waluigi? I would not mind this.
But, given he already replaces the slot of a character that nobody particularly enjoys that much, I would not mind it.

Worst-case scenario, I suppose they just edit all of Pit's files, write him out of the game and replace his stage with Waluigi Pinball. That way, editing is not as heavy trying to add a brand new character and we still get to see the WAH next year instead of another five or ten years.

To me, I would want him sooner since he has been worked on for as long as he has and it would be nice if MK64DS can finally have a break after all this time. Personally, I would not care if he actually quit modding altogether. Because, well Waluigi is as awesome as he is, I am certain that this guy would not want to make another character.

If he ever considered one, I would not mind to finally see Lyn in the game. Every "mod" of her is a re-skin and I have yet to ever see a solid mod of her, ever. And she would fight pretty awesomely. But, that is just me.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
But, given he already replaces the slot of a character that nobody particularly enjoys that much, I would not mind it.

Worst-case scenario, I suppose they just edit all of Pit's files, write him out of the game and replace his stage with Waluigi Pinball. That way, editing is not as heavy trying to add a brand new character and we still get to see the WAH next year instead of another five or ten years.

To me, I would want him sooner since he has been worked on for as long as he has and it would be nice if MK64DS can finally have a break after all this time. Personally, I would not care if he actually quit modding altogether. Because, well Waluigi is as awesome as he is, I am certain that this guy would not want to make another character.
I like that perspective! I also don't use Pit at all, I've always just been hesitant to fully replacing things in Project M, haha.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I like that perspective! I also don't use Pit at all, I've always just been hesitant to fully replacing things in Project M, haha.
It is actually pretty easy! I still have Ridley over Pit and pretty much everything Pit is not there anymore besides a few files that require an advanced rewriting of the game to replace. So, Ridley will be there for a long time.

But, as SOON as I see that the WAH is available and I have to replace Ridley:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
was investigating the same with Project M. Will this development hold back out glorious Waluigi? I would not mind this.
AFAIK, no.

Also, shoutout to the Smash3 Render Extraordinaire - @Tailsmiles249 for making the new Waluigi Renders. They look absolutely beautiful.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
technically yes, but the Project M Clone Engine in not public :p
And I was just gonna say: what if he was asking if the PMDT considered the WAH, or if they were just having trouble adding a clone in general? Cause if they did it in Brawl, they can probably do it in Project M.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
And I was just gonna say: what if he was asking if the PMDT considered the WAH, or if they were just having trouble adding a clone in general? Cause if they did it in Brawl, they can probably do it in Project M.
PMDT has no interest in Waluigi last the conversation had happened.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
So wait, how is it possible that MK64 can add Waluigi in Brawl, but not PM? I'd like to ask if it's possible only because I want to add Waluigi as a new character for a new mod called Project M all stars.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
PMDT has no interest in Waluigi last the conversation had happened.
Aw, that is sad. Guess the upper ranks really do dislike the WAH.

So wait, how is it possible that MK64 can add Waluigi in Brawl, but not PM? I'd like to ask if it's possible only because I want to add Waluigi as a new character for a new mod called Project M all stars.
I think drogoth232 is stating that the team is not considering adding him at this time, not that it is impossible to add a slot for him.

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
for those who don't follow me on twitter(not that you have to) I had made something I wanted to share

it was made a little while ago(see the date on the image)

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Because the clone engine hasn't been fully decoded. Plus we don't have asm coders to edit the current clone engine. Brawl is much easier considering we edit the code to our liking and everything is open source and ez to find.

for those who don't follow me on twitter(not that you have to) I had made something I wanted to share

The typos are re-
*SHOT

Rage83

Smash Ace
Because the clone engine hasn't been fully decoded. Plus we don't have asm coders to edit the current clone engine. Brawl is much easier considering we edit the code to our liking and everything is open source and ez to find.

The typos are re-
*SHOT
People have been working on getting BrawlEx to work with the newest PM(a 3.6b gct has been made in the PM Unbound thread, but a 3.6 full gct hasn't been made yet).

Cahalan

Smash Ace
People have been working on getting BrawlEx to work with the newest PM(a 3.6b gct has been made in the PM Unbound thread, but a 3.6 full gct hasn't been made yet).
Yep, and I can say with confidence that the dream is not dead, it's just taking a long time to iron out all the kinks as a result of the two clone engines conflicting. Also @ Rage83 Rage83 , Brawl Minus 4.0b is out. I think after some time a little friend of ours can come back to Project M... ;)

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I am aware, but until a full one is made, we have our hands tied.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

Wait - when you hold down, does Waluigi pose like that?! If he does, I'm never taunting again.

DOES WALUIGI CRAWL.
I am aware, but until a full one is made, we have our hands tied.
And, you know, making a brand new character out of bips and bobs compared to changing the actual game are somewhat two different departments.
From what I know I'm not an expert.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Wait - when you hold down, does Waluigi pose like that?! If he does, I'm never taunting again.

DOES WALUIGI CRAWL.

And, you know, making a brand new character out of bips and bobs compared to changing the actual game are somewhat two different departments.
From what I know I'm not an expert.
I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it's not his crouch animation.

Wait till you have to learn how to decode machine language. That's one class I'm never gonna take.

Top Bottom