• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

500YearOldGrandpa

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind Yoshi and Bowser if you were going to do some. I also liked King Dedede's new down tilt.
I also remember ROB looking a hell of a lot more well animated in Smash 4, but I've got no idea if they added extra bones or what to make that happen. That's all I can really think of at the moment though it's been a while since I've played Smash4.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind Yoshi and Bowser if you were going to do some. I also liked King Dedede's new down tilt.
I also remember ROB looking a hell of a lot more well animated in Smash 4, but I've got no idea if they added extra bones or what to make that happen. That's all I can really think of at the moment though it's been a while since I've played Smash4.
Yoshi's my main in Sm4sh, so I may consider making him. There's two issues with it though. Ohana 3DS doesn't preview bone scaling, so I can't do his various tail moves. His Sm4sh model is also in a traditional T-pose, while Brawl's isn't.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yoshi's my main in Sm4sh, so I may consider making him. There's two issues with it though. Ohana 3DS doesn't preview bone scaling, so I can't do his various tail moves. His Sm4sh model is also in a traditional T-pose, while Brawl's isn't.
So, why not just rip his Sm4sh model and re-rig his hands to give them finger bones and fix bone rotations and translation to match Brawl models? Doesn't sounds complicated and i already did this with much bigger and much more complex model than Yoshi, so, you can do it. Bone scaling will still be a problem though.
Which is totally weird.
Not really. He stands like a dinosaur most of the time, so, its easier to animate him. Ivysaur doesn't uses standard T-pose either.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
So, why not just rip his Sm4sh model and re-rig his hands to give them finger bones and fix bone rotations and translation to match Brawl models? Doesn't sounds complicated and i already did this with much bigger and much more complex model than Yoshi, so, you can do it. Bone scaling will still be a problem though.
Or I can manually pose Brawl Yoshi into a standard T-Pose. :p

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace

The only real noticeable difference (other than Sm4sh being smoother) is that Sm4sh Yoshi's head is slightly larger and lower down than Brawl Yoshi's head. Nostrils are also textured on, rather than modeled in. :\

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace

The only real noticeable difference (other than Sm4sh being smoother) is that Sm4sh Yoshi's head is slightly larger and lower down than Brawl Yoshi's head. Nostrils are also textured on, rather than modeled in. :\
Wow, Brawl really does look more detailed than Sm4sh.

But, speaking of head, he also replaced almost all of his head attacks with kicks and he also stands around with his arms fluttering about, rather than having them in front of his chest all of the time; which he now only does when he is walking.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Pretty sure he's comparing the the smash3ds. Would be surprised if it was smashu

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Pretty sure he's comparing the the smash3ds. Would be surprised if it was smashu
It is.
2.png

This is 3ds model used when you pause the game. Looks like same thing as Brawl model except for few minor changes and textures are moved around. Kinda like with Pyrosphere boss. Someone could probably just rotate pieces from those textures and they'll fit Brawl model.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
It is.
View attachment 89633
This is 3ds model used when you pause the game. Looks like same thing as Brawl model except for few minor changes and textures are moved around. Kinda like with Pyrosphere boss. Someone could probably just rotate pieces from those textures and they'll fit Brawl model.
Thanks to the cartoony look, it doesn't look as good as the Brawl one since they went for more detail on theirs.

But, I want to see the Wii U one compared to Brawl now. I wonder if Brawl can still look better by comparison.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Thanks to the cartoony look, it doesn't look as good as the Brawl one since they went for more detail on theirs.

But, I want to see the Wii U one compared to Brawl now. I wonder if Brawl can still look better by comparison.
Its in KJP's post. But its not 1:1 to how it is in 4.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Of course Brawl will have more details. Hell, the hands had individual bones. Smash3ds models have model changers for hands ala Dissidia and other low poly/def games (although Dissidia hands were modelled completely differently).

The best comparison would be Brawl to SmashU, but even then it's not like there's no detail in SmashU textures. It's mostly a color change along with some edits to cloth (such as Mario's overalls not looking like jeans and more like... not any type of cloth, really. But it still retains some stitches iirc among other small details.)

Notshane

Smash Ace
Of course Brawl will have more details. Hell, the hands had individual bones. Smash3ds models have model changers for hands ala Dissidia and other low poly/def games (although Dissidia hands were modelled completely differently).

The best comparison would be Brawl to SmashU, but even then it's not like there's no detail in SmashU textures. It's mostly a color change along with some edits to cloth (such as Mario's overalls not looking like jeans and more like... not any type of cloth, really. But it still retains some stitches iirc among other small details.)
I wonder how detailed the Wii U model really looks in comparison.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I wonder how detailed the Wii U model really looks in comparison.
Most of the detail in the Wii U version is actually done mostly with various visual cheats, piles of shaders, specular, and tons of bumpmapping. For example, I believe that Toon Link's textures are mostly flat colour, while the clothes get their appearance from normal maps.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Most of the detail in the Wii U version is actually done mostly with various visual cheats, piles of shaders, specular, and tons of bumpmapping. For example, I believe that Toon Link's textures are mostly flat colour, while the clothes get their appearance from normal maps.
Yeah, I did notice that Toon Link had a very peculiar scheme on him in Sm4sh in comparison to Brawl. He looks even further away from his original game than he did in Brawl, though that game is still cel shaded so it would be weird if he retained that.

SuperShadow132

Smash Rookie
Marioking64DS Marioking64DS Could you possibly.... Just maybe....Change Waluigi's logo from Wario's to his own. And for his victory theme, it could be a Mario Party victory song or one of the sport games victory themes.

Just saying...:?:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Marioking64DS Marioking64DS Could you possibly.... Just maybe....Change Waluigi's logo from Wario's to his own. And for his victory theme, it could be a Mario Party victory song or one of the sport games victory themes.

Just saying...:?:
I think he just plans on releasing him with Wario's logo.

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
I am so excited about Deoxys and Waluigi. I can't wait for those to be done they look amazing, y'all have done a really good job on them.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I am so excited about Deoxys and Waluigi. I can't wait for those to be done they look amazing, y'all have done a really good job on them.
Waluigi is done, he is just facing a lot of detours on the way here.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
We approach the end of the month quite soon. Well, actually, it is the end of the month.

When New Years comes, will it be a brand new year to celebrate with the WAH, or another year to mourn over the WAH?

That question, only time knows the answer to. Either way, let us hope that his newfound speed can get him here much sooner.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd let you know there's two downloads for Waluigi within the main download.

The standard download is for those who know their way around installing Brawl mods. The P&P download is for those who either don't or are new to Brawl modding.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I am in pure joy right now and all of you know why already. It has been a very, very long wait and I have been proud to follow this mod all the way through.

So, yeah, Goku? No offense, but, um, you have to leave now. As in, forever. Nothing personal, though.

SuperShadow132

Smash Rookie
Um... Can anyone help me? Maybe others are having this problem but when I do classic or all-star is crashes after I'm everything so it can go to the credits. But it doesn't. Those are the only times it crashes. Everything else is fun fine and Wahndy

Top Bottom