• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
But this is a video of the current Waluigi at the time of recording.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58GBjcUvCA0
Beautiful, but there's something I've always wondered... His specials. I've always assumed from the videos, but never actually knew:
Up-special looks like a copy of Wario's? That's clever.
Standard-special, WAA! is that like Mario's FLUDD?
Side-special, that's his swim thing? Does it do damage?
Down-special, that's his kicky-kicky?

The up-air and up-throw look really fun.

Last edited:
Beautiful, but there's something I've always wondered... His specials. I've always assumed from the videos, but never actually knew:

The up-air and up-throw look really fun.
The side special does damage but nothing ridiculous and the down B is pretty dominating (as it should be)

Side note, came here cause I knew you were the man to talk to about this, KJ. I have some Classic Wario costumes that I want to work over his Biker slot. If I export/import/rename the extra bones from his biker costume over a classic costume, that should work right?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
MK64DS has a job, and that's the primary reason Waluigi's been so delayed. I doubt they'd ever quit on the WAA, especially since they've come this far.

Though I expect them to maybe try porting him after release; the Ridley team has already tried to port him over Lucario, but there were issues with that. We may try porting him to someone else again later on, but there's no certainties.
yeah, I've been able to port Ridley (since no one has reported any glitches yet) successfully over Jigglypuff, Olimar, Lucas, Toon Link and ROB with .rels, and you could use those very same .rels for Waluigi if it's over Pit lol
Someone experienced in modules would have to look into making P&P rels for PM.
That's basically what I've done

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Is making PM rel's a tedious process? If not, I'd like to learn how to do it for a few other characters...
Who do you want? Some characters (i.e. transforming chars) might be a little more difficult haha

To answer your question, any work with .rel files will seem tedious to the uninitiated. If you understand the file's structure, though, it's not as intimidating.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Neutral Special: WAA! Tap B to let out a shout of WAA! that pushes back foes with a strong windbox. Sweetspot it for a devastating blow. The move can also be charged for more damage. At max charge in the air, Waluigi is given a slight vertical boost.

Side Special: Waluigi Swim (Working Title). Recover horizontally by breaking the laws of gravity and swim though the air! Something that's being considered is allowing Waluigi to dive by pressing B during the swimming part of the move.

Up Special: (No name for now). Recover vertically with this similar-looking move! This move has properties of both Luigi's and Wario's Up Specials. At the very start of the move, there's a strong hit that knocks foes sideways. During the main part of the attack, he'll drag foes up with him.

Down Special: Mischief Step. Waluigi takes a step forward (an air dash forward in the air). Press B, A, or L/R to do one of three things. A = Light Attack. B = Strong Attack. L/R = Evasive Movement.

Side note, came here cause I knew you were the man to talk to about this, KJ. I have some Classic Wario costumes that I want to work over his Biker slot. If I export/import/rename the extra bones from his biker costume over a classic costume, that should work right?
Compare the skeletons of Biker and Classic Wario. Add and rename bones with the Classic costume to match Biker Wario's skeleton.

That's basically what I've done
That's excellent. That should clear up concerns of people wanting to use Ridley and Waluigi.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Neutral Special: WAA! Tap B to let out a shout of WAA! that pushes back foes with a strong windbox. Sweetspot it for a devastating blow. The move can also be charged for more damage. At max charge in the air, Waluigi is given a slight vertical boost.

Side Special: Waluigi Swim (Working Title). Recover horizontally by breaking the laws of gravity and swim though the air! Something that's being considered is allowing Waluigi to dive by pressing B during the swimming part of the move.

Up Special: (No name for now). Recover vertically with this similar-looking move! This move has properties of both Luigi's and Wario's Up Specials. At the very start of the move, there's a strong hit that knocks foes sideways. During the main part of the attack, he'll drag foes up with him.

Down Special: Mischief Step. Waluigi takes a step forward (an air dash forward in the air). Press B, A, or L/R to do one of three things. A = Light Attack. B = Strong Attack. L/R = Evasive Movement.
That's so brilliant! I noticed in the video that there was a bit of electricity at the start of the up special. (Super Corkscrew?) I like the diving idea with the swim, that sounds like it would be hard to use, but has a lot of potential. Down special sounds complicated, it's perfect!

I love how much hard work you put into each mod you're involved in. Even though they take a while, they're always so great, some of the other character mods on the vault seem rushed and just disappoint me.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Thank you very much, KingJigglypuff, for answering all of my questions respectfully, yet appropriately concise at the same time.

I very much look forward to this Waluigi now that I have seen his progress. And, if I could actually donate to the funding of that project, I would be more than happy to. This man deserves credit where credit is due and this hack should be widely recognized enough to convince Nintendo that Waluigi has what it takes to be in Super Smash Bros.

We're hoping we'll be able to finish him before 2016. I asked MK about this, and he said if he buckles down, we may get this finished in about 2 - 3 weeks, but we're making no promises here.
Man, though it is a longshot, if he was finished this month on, or around my birthday, I would actually consider that the best birthday present and gift in general that I have ever received in a long time; especially because I have followed this hack ever since I heard about it. For the longest time, I have always wanted Waluigi to be playable in this game and I even got involved in that "Super Mario 64 DS: How to Unlock Waluigi" scandal way back when just to play the purple plumber. Probably would be the last main thing I look forward to this summer in the Smash universe, aside from more possible DLC for Sm4sh and an early Project M 4.0 release.

Are you talking about EternalYoshi?
Yeah. His Gray Fox mod is the only mod I truly consider to be of Brawl standards more than anything else. Ridley is kind of there, but there is just a certain quality that Gray Fox has that looks more professional; especially his final smash which only has a single bug. Then again, EternalYoshi had this model already to work with, the sounds and a few other things that Brawl had provided on its own merit. So, given Ridley is straight from scratch, I guess the creature gets some points there.

MK will be uploading a video that will hopefully explain everything.
Can't wait to see it. Hopefully, he is not mentioning a delayed release. But, given his progress and your sentiments on the whole project, I imagine he could mention something about finally getting back on track or something like that.

The Waluigi Revamp will already come included with a sawnd to replace Pit. And for Brawl users, he'll have his very own BrawlEx slot.
Great, can not wait. But, you wouldn't happen to have a Waluigi anything I could place over mine (over Pit) for the time being, would you? The Ridley death scream is still pretty horrifying to listen to and Pit's own sawnd file is a bit out of place. You could probably use the one he released in the Diddy Kong conversion and up the volume on it as it was really quiet.

We can try to see what we can do about that.
Good, good. Cause Project M will probably be the only modded version I ever have of Brawl and it will be nice if Waluigi fits right in. Though sadly, Gray Fox never will since I do not know how to edit the results screen or announcer. I only ever got the CSP and Stock Icons edited on there.

But this is a video of the current Waluigi at the time of recording.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58GBjcUvCA0
It is so nice to finally watch a recent video of Waluigi after all this time. Now I am just even more excited for him.

Side Special: Waluigi Swim (Working Title).
Hmm, how about renaming it the "Waluigi Wade" as wade means to bathe, crawl, dive, float, glide, paddle and submerge; extremely fitting of his move that defies gravity, but also references swimming in general. In fact, that word fits the exact definition of what that move can be described as at all. It sounds clever, yet weird enough to fit the nature of Waluigi.

Something that's being considered is allowing Waluigi to dive by pressing B during the swimming part of the move.
You can use that dive move after all if you count that the word "wade" also means "submerge" as in he submerges onto his foe in a devastating dive blow. He could plunge to the ground with his mustache at point, ready to sky stab an unsuspecting foe and nail a deadly ten percent.

Would be even more dangerous if this was a spike move that rebounded him upward for a recovery. Would be hilarious if the spike temporarily froze him and his opponent, followed by his mustache springing him upward and the enemy downward. But, maybe I am just getting ahead of myself here. It could just be a simple dive attack.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
ThanIk you very much, KingJigglypuff, for answering all of my questions respectfully, yet appropriately concise at the same time.
You're welcome.

I very much look forward to this Waluigi now that I have seen his progress. And, if I could actually donate to the funding of that project, I would be more than happy to. This man deserves credit where credit is due and this hack should be widely recognized enough to convince Nintendo that Waluigi has what it takes to be in Super Smash Bros.
Not sure what to say about this. I'll edit this post if MK replies to my question.

Great, can not wait. But, you wouldn't happen to have a Waluigi anything I could place over mine (over Pit) for the time being, would you? The Ridley death scream is still pretty horrifying to listen to and Pit's own sawnd file is a bit out of place. You could probably use the one he released in the Diddy Kong conversion and up the volume on it as it was really quiet.
I have too much on my plate at the moment.

Hmm, how about renaming it the "Waluigi Wade" as wade means to bathe, crawl, dive, float, glide, paddle and submerge; extremely fitting of his move that defies gravity, but also references swimming in general. In fact, that word fits the exact definition of what that move can be described as at all. It sounds clever, yet weird enough to fit the nature of Waluigi.
The idea is just a concept at the moment. It may not even be final.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Not sure what to say about this. I'll edit this post if MK replies to my question.
Sorry if that comes off as weird or something like that, but I just like assisting people sometimes with monetary donations if it is for a project and such.

I have too much on my plate at the moment.
Alright. Well, guess I have to live with Waluidley then. I have asked around quite a bit about this, but to no luck. So I will just give up.

The idea is just a concept at the moment. It may not even be final.
Well, if he keeps the swimming part of that side-b, I still think that the "Waluigi Wade" is a pretty creative move name.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Who do you want? Some characters (i.e. transforming chars) might be a little more difficult haha

To answer your question, any work with .rel files will seem tedious to the uninitiated. If you understand the file's structure, though, it's not as intimidating.
I'm not quite sure yet. lol I was hoping to know for when new PSAs like this one come out. I'm gonna use Ridley, Waluigi and more eventually, and until BrawlEx for PM is complete (and I can figure that whole process out...), porting is my only option.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Sorry if that comes off as weird or something like that, but I just like assisting people sometimes with monetary donations if it is for a project and such.
Well MK got back to me on it, and he said while it's nice, it just doesn't feel right to him.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I noticed you'd teased a Greninja model on KCMM (though it looked like a direct rip from Smash Wii U). Was it just for the sake of the nerf joke or is it a potential future project? No one's done Greninja yet...

Along the lines of the very hype current projects, the Wisp moveset update on your channel is really overlooked, too. It may not be an official character of sorts but it looks technical, interesting and potentially viable for fun competitive matches.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Well MK got back to me on it, and he said while it's nice, it just doesn't feel right to him.
Well, it doesn't have to be an amount that is too big or anything if I did. Was just thinking of some way to show support and that is what popped into my head. I can see it not feeling right, though. But, given his development time on it, I wouldn't necessarily say it is wrong, either. I hope he gets lots of praise or something along those lines after the release of Waluigi and I suppose a small sum of money from me would be more of a "thank you" for putting so much effort into the project and not giving up or giving into bad feedback. That is my take on the whole matter.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Was it just for the sake of the nerf joke or is it a potential future project? No one's done Greninja yet...
Both. :p

Along the lines of the very hype current projects, the Wisp moveset update on your channel is really overlooked, too. It may not be an official character of sorts but it looks technical, interesting and potentially viable for fun competitive matches.
Just take note that Wisp isn't my creation (Wisp was originally Eldiran's creation). I'm just giving it updates.

Well, it doesn't have to be an amount that is too big or anything if I did. Was just thinking of some way to show support and that is what popped into my head. I can see it not feeling right, though. But, given his development time on it, I wouldn't necessarily say it is wrong, either. I hope he gets lots of praise or something along those lines after the release of Waluigi and I suppose a small sum of money from me would be more of a "thank you" for putting so much effort into the project and not giving up or giving into bad feedback. That is my take on the whole matter.
His biggest question is what would he do with the money. He understands that people want to support him, it's just that he doesn't know what he would do with donation money. He would also feel bad if he just spent it on something or just let it sit in his bank.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Both. :p

Just take note that Wisp isn't my creation (Wisp was originally Eldiran's creation). I'm just giving it updates.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Don't worry, I understand. I'm just saying that it's cool and more people should know about it.

EDIT: Concerning future PSAs, should we expect PM versions for each one? I'd love to use all of these together without Brawl floatiness and all that.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
His biggest question is what would he do with the money. He understands that people want to support him, it's just that he doesn't know what he would do with donation money. He would also feel bad if he just spent it on something or just let it sit in his bank.
He could use the money to hire some temporary assistance to help with mods that he wants to be refined and such. Granted, the Brawl hacking community doesn't really have any professional hackers as it is so I suppose not.

If he actually did spend a donation of, say five bucks from me on fast food, then I can consider that fueling him up for more modding! That is about all the support I can think of that he could use it on. He couldn't feel bad if I approve of that purchase :laugh: cause more energy means more modding.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
He could use the money to hire some temporary assistance to help with mods that he wants to be refined and such. Granted, the Brawl hacking community doesn't really have any professional hackers as it is so I suppose not.
Trust me when I say that the Professional ones are the ones that are usually the most quiet.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Trust me when I say that the Professional ones are the ones that are usually the most quiet.
Yup, about sums up the business industry. More work they do, more stress they accumulate. So, hearing from people a lot gets annoying as hell for them and they just phase out anyone except friends. Also, they want to avoid receiving requests and to aim only for characters that are worthy of their work. In other words, they turn into another obnoxious syndicate of employees; same as every other professional.

Of course, I believe that MK64DS is just busy with life and such; he definitely does not fall under that category. Because, whenever a fan communicates with him casually and cracks a joke, he acknowledges it. Mostly on YouTube until recent years, but seeing one of his comments on the infamous Sm4sh hack video was the first time I saw him post anything in such a long time. It's like he has the recession of most professionals in terms of communication, understandable enough; but he is still a nice person in general.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
He does use Pit as a base, so I could bring it up. Having Neutral Special reflect was also an option as well that was brought up.
I think if it was implemented onto the neutral special, it might be a bit too powerful, unless it reflected at a random angle, though I'm not sure if that's fully possible. Using it on the tilt would not only make a bit more sense given the tennis racket, but would add a bit more variety in his moves.

Using stuff on Pit seems common. Is it because of his incredible variety of moves (reflects, projectiles, flying) and filesize?

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Also, does the fact that a dev member (King Jiggs) is making an "unofficial" mod for Waluigi deconfirm any chances of him appearing as an official character, or does Waluigi still have a chance to become official?

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Also, does the fact that a dev member (King Jiggs) is making an "unofficial" mod for Waluigi deconfirm any chances of him appearing as an official character, or does Waluigi still have a chance to become official?
No idea. Safest bet is to assume that anything that's unofficial won't make it in. So you're not disappointed and all that jazz.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I think if it was implemented onto the neutral special, it might be a bit too powerful, unless it reflected at a random angle, though I'm not sure if that's fully possible. Using it on the tilt would not only make a bit more sense given the tennis racket, but would add a bit more variety in his moves.
He's got them mad skills, yo.
http://gfycat.com/FaintValidHookersealion

Using stuff on Pit seems common. Is it because of his incredible variety of moves (reflects, projectiles, flying) and filesize?
That's correct.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
How to check if a Waluigi model will work with the upcoming PSA

1. Check if the model was made by marioking64ds PERSONALLY within the last year (can't be a collab)
2. If it wasn't made by him, then it won't work unless you edit the bonetree.

Congrats, now you know if a model will work with the new waluigi or not.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Psst.

I've done a little thing for KJP's Smash 4 Charizard.
MenSelchrFaceB.281.png

'Tis not the best CSP, but at least it's the actual model and not just the render. :p

Haven't made it for every costume quite yet, but I've gotten a few of them done.

EDIT: Also got some BP and replay icon action going on, as well!
InfFace.281.png

MenReplayChr.281.png

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Psst.I've done a little thing for KJP's Smash 4 Charizard.
Speaking of Smash Wii U Charizard, I have an update in the works. But I just have to wait for something before I can release it.

Oh yeah, speaking of questions, I had one question about Project M 4.0 (not about its release date), but I'm sure it's a question that you've dealt with more than once so I will just leave it at that.
It doesn't matter whether or not I've been asked it before. Feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Top Bottom