• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
This may come off as gimmicky, but I plan on having Deoxys being able to have "Customs" for alternate files.

Take a look. (Thanks to MK64DS for the template)

Normal (I forgot Brawl's limitations, so I'm going to move Side Special over to Neutral Special and make something new for Side Special)

Attack

Defense

Speed

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I really like how things are going with Deoxys. How extreme do you think each of the forms will be in comparison to each other? Like will Speed form Deoxys be to Defense form what Sonic is to Bowser? Speaking of which, how extreme will each form's strength be in general? To keep with the theme, will Speed form be as fast or faster than Sonic? Also Waluigi when pls

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
How extreme do you think each of the forms will be in comparison to each other?
Similar, yet drastically different.

Like will Speed form Deoxys be to Defense form what Sonic is to Bowser?
Defense Form is more defense-oriented, but you got the general idea.

Speaking of which, how extreme will each form's strength be in general?
Speed Form and Defense Form will be noticeably weaker than Normal and Attack Forms, but will have speed (Speed Form) and durability (Defense Form) to make up for it.

Also Waluigi when pls
Hopefully soon, but I can't make any promises (I've said this a lot already, but it's true. MK is slowly working on things, but then something happens that puts things to a halt).

Edit: Here's two new animations MK did for WalkFast and Attack12.
WalkFast: http://gfycat.com/CheapWildIcterinewarbler
Attack12: http://gfycat.com/CreepyDarlingIggypops

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Speed Form and Defense Form will be noticeably weaker than Normal and Attack Forms, but will have speed (Speed Form) and durability (Defense Form) to make up for it.

Hopefully soon, but I can't make any promises (I've said this a lot already, but it's true. MK is slowly working on things, but then something happens that puts things to a halt).

Edit: Here's two new animations MK did for WalkFast and Attack12.
WalkFast: http://gfycat.com/CheapWildIcterinewarbler
Attack12: http://gfycat.com/CreepyDarlingIggypops
I was actually more asking if they will be objectively the best characters in certain aspects (ex's: Speed form being the fastest, Attack form giving the most damage/knockback) or if they'll be less lopsided than that. I don't yet have a preference one way or the other, but I'm curious what you're doing with it.

That's understandable, I was mostly saying it as a tease. The work you guys have done is beautiful. Even in those new .gif's I love how goofy and cartoony you've managed to make him.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I was actually more asking if they will be objectively the best characters in certain aspects (ex's: Speed form being the fastest, Attack form giving the most damage/knockback) or if they'll be less lopsided than that. I don't yet have a preference one way or the other, but I'm curious what you're doing with it.
The former is what's planned.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
regarding the Waluigi animations, what's that program? i ask because i see some hitboxes, is that Ikarus, or a modded brawlbox?

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
regarding the Waluigi animations, what's that program? i ask because i see some hitboxes, is that Ikarus, or a modded brawlbox?
It's Autodesk Maya. It's just MK using created circles to get an idea of where he wants the hitboxes for the completed attack.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
It goes without saying that we're all really excited to be seeing more Waah. Does this mean we should be expecting more consistent info again?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'm REALLY LOVING how Deoxys is coming along. However there somethings that I want to ask:
1. Who will Deoxys go over?
2. Will the Custom moves be unique for each form (i.e. Normal is 1111 and Defense is 2113, etc.)?
3. CSP's when because I want to make stuff for it.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
1. Who will Deoxys go over?
Deoxys is going to use Toon Link as a base.

2. Will the Custom moves be unique for each form (i.e. Normal is 1111 and Defense is 2113, etc.)?
All Forms will use their 1111 sets.

3. CSP's when because I want to make stuff for it.
This is the most current CSP pose I have for Deoxys, but I'll have to wait for Nano to finish his edits.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Here you go! :)
deoxys.png
deoxys.png
Deoxys.png

Also I figured since Down B has no alternates, there's a total of 9 different moveset combinations (going by Sm4sh's order).

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Oh. Thanks.

But it would have been best if you waited until Nano finished his edits, so I could have taken a snapshot with BB v0.76, which would allow me to have a CSP with materials applied.
I couldn't help it, plus it'll provide a nice comparison shot. Also Brawl Box v0.76 doesn't play nice with windows 10 when trying to view models, FYI...

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I couldn't help it, plus it'll provide a nice comparison shot. Also Brawl Box v0.76 doesn't play nice with windows 10 when trying to view models, FYI...
That's understandable.
But I meant on my end for the main CSP image.

And my OS is Windows 8 (unless you were referring to your own OS).

Cahalan

Smash Ace
That's understandable.
But I meant on my end for the main CSP image.

And my OS is Windows 8 (unless you were referring to your own OS).
My OS, Brawl Box has to be overhauled in the model department in order for it to work in Win 10.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
This may come off as gimmicky, but I plan on having Deoxys being able to have "Customs" for alternate files.

Take a look. (Thanks to MK64DS for the template)

Normal (I forgot Brawl's limitations, so I'm going to move Side Special over to Neutral Special and make something new for Side Special)

Attack

Defense

Speed
That Deoxys is probably gonna be one of my new mains. I absolutely love the concept!

Notshane

Smash Ace
The Waa Train is picking up steam.
Wait3: http://gfycat.com/SpottedAnyAdeliepenguin
Oh, man, I was looking around for ages wondering if Waluigi was canned. This guy does not know how to inform his fans of anything! All I know is that if we do not get some beta version of him by September, then I do not know what to think anymore. I am almost all WAAH-ed out from all this waiting and the one he released half a decade ago is wearing out on me ever since I saw the glorious new one.

Also, can you make sure that he still goes over Pit? I want to add him to my custom mod and I am not good at all with adding character slots.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Oh, man, I was looking around for ages wondering if Waluigi was canned.
He was never canned. And he never will be. No matter how long it takes, we'll get him done.

This guy does not know how to inform his fans of anything!
It's because he has a job. Beforehand, he was pretty frequent with updates.

All I know is that if we do not get some beta version of him by September, then I do not know what to think anymore.
While I did release a beta of one of my PSAs before, that project was one I worked on myself. MK has the final say in what goes on with Waluigi, so a demo is likely out of the question.

I am almost all WAAH-ed out from all this waiting and the one he released half a decade ago is wearing out on me ever since I saw the glorious new one.
I understand your concerns. Waluigi has been in development for a total of 7 years now (5 years by himself, 3 years with a team). Everyone in the team wants to finish him, but we don't want to rush.

Also, can you make sure that he still goes over Pit? I want to add him to my custom mod and I am not good at all with adding character slots.
Yes, he's going to use Pit as a base.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I'd highly doubt it. Don't have an official word yet, but considering that every rel would have to be edited depending on which character it goes over, it's highly unlikely.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Do you think it'd be possible to port him over someone else? I'm using PM Ridley, who also replaces Pit. Is it possible to port him to any other characters (like, for example, G&W or Tink)?
For Brawl, there's P&P rels for porting. But I'm afraid to say that this isn't the case with PM.

Waluigi is also too late in development to change base characters now.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
He was never canned. And he never will be. No matter how long it takes, we'll get him done.

It's because he has a job. Beforehand, he was pretty frequent with updates. While I did release a beta of one of my PSAs before, that project was one I worked on myself. MK has the final say in what goes on with Waluigi, so a demo is likely out of the question.

I understand your concerns. Waluigi has been in development for a total of 7 years now (5 years by himself, 3 years with a team). Everyone in the team wants to finish him, but we don't want to rush.
Alright, but in all honesty, do you really think it will take him till, say, 2016 (hopefully not any years after) to finish him, given there has already been eight years of development on him at this point if he does so at this year? Not saying he should suddenly rush him now, but I believe the Gray Fox mod took significantly less longer than that. And that very same guy is helping out with the Waluigi mod if memory serves me right, though I believe he is no longer on the team due to his departure from Brawl Hacking. He mentioned something about finishing something in his last upload, which I am not sure references Waluigi or not since he happens to not be finished.

So, how come Waluigi was not close to completion back then if such a team member existed? Or, is the main issue simply his final smash, inclusion into the Subspace Emissary and just adding him in every specific detail in Brawl? Cause I can understand then if it would take a while.

I can also understand being busy with life as well, but I have a question about that and Waluigi. Do you think that, if life gets rough enough for him where he can actually not finish Waluigi or mod at all anymore, that he would be willing to release him as he is now? That is one worry I had, as there was another modder I believe that worked on a very solid PSA of a character whom I can no longer remember, but then they quit the project and never released what they had, despite it looking really solid and complete.

I always fear that Waluigi would end up in this state of development. But, geez, I had no idea Waluigi had begun since the launch of Brawl. That is crazy. Given it has been a year now since he released a video, do you think he would be willing to showcase another gameplay of his current progress before summer ends? Or, is it at a crucial state where he would rather everyone wait until fall, winter or whenever to see him?

Yes, he's going to use Pit as a base.
Ah, that is good. Well I do like Ridley, I would rather have the Wah than him. Especially since Ridley was nerfed lately.

Oh, speaking of Pit, could you do me a favor? Did not mean to turn this into an essay, I apologize for that, as I just had so many questions about Waluigi. But, anyway, I have been looking around for ages for a sawnd file for Waluigi over Pit and have not succeeded at all. I believe he released one over Diddy Kong, but that version does not work on the Subspace Emissary nor does it come in high definition textures. Given you are probably a professional at this point, could you maybe scrap up a Waluigi sawnd file over Pit for me with the same sounds from Diddy Kong, albeit loud enough to be heard? I am still using the Ridley sawnd as it is the only one that doesn't play random noises in-between, but has a horrifying death scream and I do not know how to make sawnd files at all to resolve this myself.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
MK64DS has a job, and that's the primary reason Waluigi's been so delayed. I doubt they'd ever quit on the WAA, especially since they've come this far.

Though I expect them to maybe try porting him after release; the Ridley team has already tried to port him over Lucario, but there were issues with that. We may try porting him to someone else again later on, but there's no certainties.

Notshane

Smash Ace
MK64DS has a job, and that's the primary reason Waluigi's been so delayed. I doubt they'd ever quit on the WAA, especially since they've come this far.
Yeah, that is true. A lot of people would hate him for it if he were to just abandon the project. Especially those that were following it since the beginning. Man, I look forward to it much more now after knowing he was still making it after all this time. I really hope we get a release this year, or else this guy may very well enter a full decade of development and come close to the infamous "Kirby's Adventure Development Hell" frame of time.

Though I expect them to maybe try porting him after release; the Ridley team has already tried to port him over Lucario, but there were issues with that. We may try porting him to someone else again later on, but there's no certainties.
I presume that Waluigi is going to have both a vBrawl and Project M release, I imagine? Will be pretty great if the final version has an announcer call of the 3.6 one if he winds up there.

Speaking of porting, I am trying to make a Waluigi sawnd file for Pit, but have just been struggling on that. I assume my long essay scared off KingJigglypuff when I asked him for help, seeing as how he never replied.

But, you wouldn't happen to know how to make one, would you? I spent a good entire day trying to figure it out once, but to no avail. I need the sawnd file as I still use MK64DS' first and only beta release of Waluigi that I still find enjoyable to play.

Strangely, and on an unrelated note, he still has Pit's double jump in the Subspace Emissary when I tested him there. Hopefully, that is fixed in the final version as well.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I presume that Waluigi is going to have both a vBrawl and Project M release, I imagine? Will be pretty great if the final version has an announcer call of the 3.6 one if he winds up there.
I don't think the group likes the 3.6 announcer call tbh v:

Speaking of porting, I am trying to make a Waluigi sawnd file for Pit, but have just been struggling on that. I assume my long essay scared off KingJigglypuff when I asked him for help, seeing as how he never replied.
It's not as difficult as you think it is. But I no longer have the tools. It's really self explanatory tbh.

Strangely, and on an unrelated note, he still has Pit's double jump in the Subspace Emissary when I tested him there. Hopefully, that is fixed in the final version as well.
Should be fixed.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Gonna reply to a lot of stuff, so all my replies are in the spoiler.

Alright, but in all honesty, do you really think it will take him till, say, 2016 (hopefully not any years after) to finish him, given there has already been eight years of development on him at this point if he does so at this year?
We're hoping we'll be able to finish him before 2016. I asked MK about this, and he said if he buckles down, we may get this finished in about 2 - 3 weeks, but we're making no promises here.

Not saying he should suddenly rush him now, but I believe the Gray Fox mod took significantly less longer than that. And that very same guy is helping out with the Waluigi mod if memory serves me right, though I believe he is no longer on the team due to his departure from Brawl Hacking. He mentioned something about finishing something in his last upload, which I am not sure references Waluigi or not since he happens to not be finished.
Are you talking about EternalYoshi? I only recall him helping with the current release of Waluigi directly while giving some tips for the revamp.

So, how come Waluigi was not close to completion back then if such a team member existed? Or, is the main issue simply his final smash, inclusion into the Subspace Emissary and just adding him in every specific detail in Brawl? Cause I can understand then if it would take a while.
MK will be uploading a video that will hopefully explain everything.

I can also understand being busy with life as well, but I have a question about that and Waluigi. Do you think that, if life gets rough enough for him where he can actually not finish Waluigi or mod at all anymore, that he would be willing to release him as he is now? That is one worry I had, as there was another modder I believe that worked on a very solid PSA of a character whom I can no longer remember, but then they quit the project and never released what they had, despite it looking really solid and complete.
To quote MK when I asked him: "Nothing but death itself would stop me."

Oh, speaking of Pit, could you do me a favor? Did not mean to turn this into an essay, I apologize for that, as I just had so many questions about Waluigi. But, anyway, I have been looking around for ages for a sawnd file for Waluigi over Pit and have not succeeded at all. I believe he released one over Diddy Kong, but that version does not work on the Subspace Emissary nor does it come in high definition textures. Given you are probably a professional at this point, could you maybe scrap up a Waluigi sawnd file over Pit for me with the same sounds from Diddy Kong, albeit loud enough to be heard? I am still using the Ridley sawnd as it is the only one that doesn't play random noises in-between, but has a horrifying death scream and I do not know how to make sawnd files at all to resolve this myself.
The Waluigi Revamp will already come included with a sawnd to replace Pit. And for Brawl users, he'll have his very own BrawlEx slot.

Yeah, that is true. A lot of people would hate him for it if he were to just abandon the project. Especially those that were following it since the beginning. Man, I look forward to it much more now after knowing he was still making it after all this time. I really hope we get a release this year, or else this guy may very well enter a full decade of development and come close to the infamous "Kirby's Adventure Development Hell" frame of time.
Like I previously mentioned, nothing (except death) would stop MK from finishing Waluigi, no matter how long it takes. No matter what, he won't abandon Waluigi.

I presume that Waluigi is going to have both a vBrawl and Project M release, I imagine?
You are correct.

Will be pretty great if the final version has an announcer call of the 3.6 one if he winds up there.
We can try to see what we can do about that.

Not at all. I was away, so I didn't notice the replies.

But, you wouldn't happen to know how to make one, would you? I spent a good entire day trying to figure it out once, but to no avail. I need the sawnd file as I still use MK64DS' first and only beta release of Waluigi that I still find enjoyable to play.
Like I previously mentioned, there will be a custom sawnd file available. The sounds will also be included in wav format for those who wish to port Waluigi.

That has been fixed for the revamp.

Edit: Forgot to include this in a reply.

But this is a video of the current Waluigi at the time of recording.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58GBjcUvCA0

Last edited:
Top Bottom