• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I originally wanted to put Deoxys over Lucario, but I'm gonna have to move it over onto Toon Link, due to Brawl's limitations.
Good, gooood.

Replace the semiclonethingthatisn'taclonebutitisbecausepeopledon'tknowwhatthey'retalkingabotu >:V

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Wondering what's new for Sceptile since the last preview I showed? Well wonder no more! (Don't worry, Deoxys will still be worked on. I just have to wait for someone to possibly touch up on the textures and to look into model merging for the four Forms). StarWaffle's just about done. He just needs to touch up a few things.

semiclonethingthatisn'taclonebutitisbecausepeopledon'tknowwhatthey'retalkingabotu >:V
m8, u wot?

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Your Deoxys is too ambitious! I hope that your... overuse of moveset swaps doesn't burn you out, I want to see at least one original character finished. Seriously, why are you picking so many form changing pokemon!? Not that I'm complaining about your choices, they're characters I really like, but I don't want all my hopes and dreams crushed by your unfulfilled promises. Please understand.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Your Deoxys is too ambitious! I hope that your... overuse of moveset swaps doesn't burn you out, I want to see at least one original character finished. Seriously, why are you picking so many form changing pokemon!? Not that I'm complaining about your choices, they're characters I really like, but I don't want all my hopes and dreams crushed by your unfulfilled promises. Please understand.
I certainly understand and I want to change that. I was only showing the model preview because StarWaffle recently showed me his most updated progress. The main reason I usually get started on something else is because I'm usually still waiting for people to get to the things I've asked of them to do (but they're usually busy with their own things, so even more waiting is needed), so I end up doing something else in the meantime.

As for your initial question, the Form changing isn't true Form changing (Sheik/Zelda, Samus/ZSS, etc), but rather two or more models sharing the same skeleton and being switched via model changers and other coding. In Deoxys' case, it's going to take a fair amount of waiting, due to all the model editing that needs to be done, alongside re-rigging.

But like I said before, I'm aiming to make Deoxys my main focus, as I'm certain it's going to take a lot of work. Possibly even more work than Solo Charizard.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Wondering what's new for Sceptile since the last preview I showed? Well wonder no more! (Don't worry, Deoxys will still be worked on. I just have to wait for someone to possibly touch up on the textures and to look into model merging for the four Forms). StarWaffle's just about done. He just needs to touch up a few things.

m8, u wot?
This Character. I like it.

ANOTHER. :laugh:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Could we get a quick status update on your projects?
Nanobuds is currently working on getting all four Deoxys forms onto one custom skeleton and StarWaffle is working on the final touches of Sceptile's models. Once those get done, I can finally get to work.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
And the thread died again. :I

Time for an update.

Our old computer kicked the can, so we got a new one. That means all my files are gone, unless I can find someone to get them back from our old hard drive.

So I've been playing around with Smash Wii U models in the meantime.

But on the upside, this computer is MUCH better than our old one...I can actually run games at 60 FPS. ;-;

Expect a test video of my test import sometime this week.

Here's my most recent test.

Aside from bone rotations (I had to edit the bone rotations to how Brawl's bones are rotated), this is the actual skeleton and rig of the Smash Wii U Charizard model.

The skeleton is nearly identical to Brawl Charizard. The only bones that have different placements are the wing bones, the final 3 tail bones, and the second neck bone.

While this will be one slot, it won't be wifi safe (due to different bone placements of the bones I mentioned and having an edited PSA to make the different bone placements one slot).

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Good work. Can't wait to see the next phase of the model. Let me know if you want somebody to test it out on a Wii.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Update for Smash Wii U Charizard.

Recolors + Subtle Rim Lighting.

And for Brawl users...
(Ignore the shoulder and wing. That's an issue the Brawl model has as well.)
The rock also has a subtle rim as well.

All that's left is to do the eyelids for the recolors and Wii testing.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Would you up for trying to put on the PM armor onto this version? If you did this would be my default forever.
I took a look at how the armor would fit onto Smash Wii U Charizard, and it almost 100% fits. The only armor parts that don't quite fit are the neck (clipping) and tail (Smash Wii U Charizard's tail is rigged differently than Brawl Charizard's tail). I could always try to see what I can do about it though, but I'm not all that great at model editing (I would also need to get permission from Nano, as he's the one that modeled the armor).

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Another update, but no pictures this time.

Regarding the eyelids for the recolors, I've found a way I can quickly edit the texture to fit the UVs.

And regarding the Armored Smash Wii U Charizard, I further looked into it, and there's major clipping issues with the tail..No matter which way I rigged it, there was always some sort of glaring clipping...

For the meantime, I'll just get to the eyelids and get to the Armored alt at a later time (assuming Nano is alright with me using his armor).

Draco_The

Smash Lord
KingJigglypuff said:
Doing Smash Wii U Meta Knight. Yee.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Oh hey. Thanks for posting that for me. :V

Speaking of things I should post here, I have a feeling another Smash patch is (totally) coming out, because we already have our nerf victim. :V

(I'm also going to release Smash Wii U Charizard soon. The PAL version was what was holding me back, because I wanted to have a version for PAL users to use. And my internet is too poor to download the entire PAL ISO.)

Edit: Smash Wii U Charizard is now out!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208853

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Coming in with the sick memes (and a bump).

(Okay, not really, but I have previews.)

Smash Wii U Charizard has been re-imported, given a brighter texture, and replaced that awful-looking rim lighting in favor for a subtle spec map. (gfycat Material Preview)

Metal texture looks more like Smash Wii U (thanks to SMF1).

And for the Mini-PSA version, Smash Wii U Charizard will be using VIS0. Take a look at this example.

Did I mention this will all be one slot? (Still not wi-fi safe though)

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Nano begins his work on Deoxys. (I really need to get this thread to be more active, so I don't have to keep double posting. :x )

Nanobuds said:
Don't skip leg day kids.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I believe he's in the process of rigging right now.
Oh, that makes sense, since it's the Defense mode model... I assumed everything was complete for rigs since we saw Normal mode in game already. Should be awesome when it's done.

By the way, did you have any luck reaching out to someone for texture edits before?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Oh, that makes sense, since it's the Defense mode model... I assumed everything was complete for rigs since we saw Normal mode in game already.
Due to Brawl's limitations, all four forms of Deoxys are going to have to be in one file while all sharing the same skeleton.

By the way, did you have any luck reaching out to someone for texture edits before?
I'm afraid not, but something I can do is make the shine look more like "skin", rather than plastic/metal, but I'm going to have to wait until Nano is done before I play around with materials and textures.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Wait what.

Does this mean the forms will change as you fight or just that the other models will be turned off using animations?
Deoxys will be able to "transform" into its other Forms via Down Special.

I used quotations because it's not true transformation, like with Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS, etc. It's a "transformation" in the sense of using Model Visibility, based on PSA requirements to show the needed models. It's the method used for my Solo Charizard.

Deoxys will be able to "transform" into its other Forms via Down Special.

I used quotations because it's not true transformation, like with Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS, etc. It's a "transformation" in the sense of using Model Visibility, based on PSA requirements to show the needed models. It's the method used for my Solo Charizard.
Oh, its for a PSA, not a one-slot character model. *moves on*

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Awwww man, that is the most clever thing imaginable. It'll look so cool!
And it's a pain in the ass to rig :D

All that's left are his tenticle arms. After that, Ima fine tune any joints that need fine tuning, then he'll be ready to get imported.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
More Smesh Charizard stuff.

For the Mini PSA version, Charizard will have Rock Smash (Down Special) and Flare Blitz (Side Special). (But there will be a version in which Down Special is Fly, rather than Rock Smash for PM)

For the Project M version of the moveset, every aspect of Project M Charizard will remain the same, aside from the changed Specials.

For the Brawl version however, moves will be changed in damage and knockback to match Smesh Charizard's updated attacks (I may animate the changed moves as well). Its attributes will also match Smesh Charizard.

Like the original release, the rock also had rim lighting, but I replaced that with the same spec map material that the new Charizard uses. http://gfycat.com/RightSilkyBackswimmer

And for Flare Blitz, I made the move function similarly to how it does in Smash Wii U/3D, but with a few buffs.
Said buffs include:
-Being able to tech off the ground during the recoil (not walls though).
-Increased damage. (23 damage, as opposed to 19 damage in Smesh).
-Increased knockback.
-Invincibility during the first few Frames of startup.
-Super Armor during the rush (that gets weaker as the move progresses and as damage increases).
-Shorter animation (basically uses the same animation my Solo Charizard uses for its own version of Flare Blitz, but if enough people want it, then I'll try making a recreation of the Smesh Flare Blitz animation).
http://gfycat.com/RewardingWellgroomedAfricanparadiseflycatcher

Top Bottom