• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts 2

Zeeky H Bomb

Smash Ace
E3 has two trailers right now. One of them is behind doors, and we probably won't see it until the party in July. The trailer is supposed to show more of Sora's new drive (Wise form.), POTC world, more Gummi-ship action, and on. Hopefully, we'll get an EXACT release date during the party (For japan, at least.).

In the POTC world, i'm hoping we'll be able to explore the Royal Navy port, Tortuga, The Black pearl, and the island of Cortez.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Y'know, I'm not sure if I really like this whole Pirates of the Carribean thing. I mean part of the appeal of the previous game was that it effectively mixed the cartoony and the serious, but not necessarily realistic. I mean, the final fantasy characters, as well as the KH original characters all had a very distinct anime quality to them, which I felt made them work well with the disney characters. It seems like Pirates of the Carribean could easily be very out of place. Of course its all in the delivery so I'm not going to make any judgments till I play the game, but I'll just say I'm wary. Very, very wary.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
it looked pretty cool in the square-enix theater, and Jack sparrow can fight alongside you as one of your party members, or so that was what i gathered when i watched the trailer. it looks pretty sweet.

and one of the exhibitors for the game said that it was gonna release in US and Japan at the same time, and they were working on both versions together or the same time or something like that. im hoping for a fall release or winter, but i can only hope.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
omg i really enjoyed the first one, i like this game cuz it was a rpg and you could actually fight without using a menu. i cant wait for Kh2 to come out just cuz the story was soo good. when does this game come out cuz i saw it on explay and ive been wanting it ever since. but yeah the plot was soo good i could actually sink my teeth into it. i hope the rest of you enjoyed it as much as i did

KingMewtwo1112

Smash Journeyman
Okay, first off, something interesting happened earlier that I should of addressed earlier, but remember when Buena Vista's KH2 site revealed that The Lion King and Steamboat Willie would be in KH2? Apparently, the site had been shut down, and was slapped on with, "Shut down for content removal". Hmm...

Also, new Nomura interview translated from Kingdom Hearts Ultimania. Revealing things..http://kh2.co.uk/?kh2=Dengeki 05

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
PREMERE PARTY!!

News from Kingdom Hearts Ultimania

• Wisdom Form (Sora Fusion with Donald, blue outfit): While in Wisdom Form a command apears called "Shot" (or Shoot). You also do not run while in Wisdom form! Instead you glide through the air(we don't know how high). *Side Note* If you hit the O(In the American/European version it will be X) button 3 times, Sora attacks 4 times.(Magic maybe?)
  • Aladin's Co-Op Techniques are "Speeder" "Quick" and "Trickster" Reactions are brilliant normally and exellent during Wisdom Form.
  • Demix, part of the 13th Order weilds a Sitar (A north indian instrument with gigantic proportions), during the Square-Enix Premere trailer he flips back and talks for extended periods, he controls water via his musical performance, which he enjoys.
  • During the trailer, in a Valley, Cloud and Squall with their back to us face on a Nobody. "This number, Oh! Class?"
  • Xaldin is the 3rd member of the Order. His weapon is his lances, which he manipulates freely.
  • Beast's co-op techniques are "Beaster" "Howling Hard Fang" and "Last Shout" reactions vary depending on attacks, in Wisdom form it is very quick, strikes arn't as powerful though. In the trailer the boss defeats Beast and he's removed for that battle. No real bonus comes from Beast, his status rises a bit though. Co-Op techniques use up your MP Bar. You get a Purplish red bar when you're in magic mode. Co-op dissappears when the bar depleats
  • During the trailer the background colour changed to black and white with the world confirmation (Steam Boat Willie) the film Mickey was born in.
  • Passion (the new theme song for Kingdom Hearts II, written and preformed once again by Hikaru Utada) was not there in audible form it was only announced.

Square-Enix Premere Party Kingdom Hearts Trailer Summary (approx. 8min 30sec):

Seifer (FF8) is with Fujin (FF8) and Raijin (FF8)

DiZ appears where BHK and Axel are confronting each other and says something like "What he says is nonsense" or something to that effect.

Dialogue between DiZ and Enigmatic Man:
DiZ: Namine is controlling memories that link Sora to Sora (?????)
DiZ: Namine had a special birth.
Unknown: how many people's minds did Namine read?
DiZ: I don't mind thinking about it but tell me one thing: what is your real name?

In the snow mountains, the unknown was holding a Souleater (*cough*Riku*cough*)

Dialogue between DiZ and BHK in Castle Oblivion:
DiZ: Welcome, one chosen by the keyblade.
BHK: Are you saying that to me or to Sora?
DiZ: I need someone who can defeat the Thirteenth Order.

DiZ's voice is believed to be that of Ansem.

In a valley, the AC Cloud and Leon are back to back, surrounded by Nobodies:
Leon: Think we can do it? against that?
Cloud: If I take just one blow I'm done for.
Leon: Then I'll defeat just one more.

Riku: So this is the true world. Well, if that's the case, we should let it be engulfed by the darkness.
Sora: Riku!

(end of trialer dialogue)

FlameSuzaku

Smash Cadet
I loved kingdom hearts! One of my favourite games on the ps2. Really excited about kh2 coming out :]. Seen loads of trailers for it and have looked at alot of information on it, after all that i have been more excited about it.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm hyped about KH2, but I've hardly looked up any info on it. Kinda saving it for a surprise.

The main thing I have to complain about is that this year, all the release dates are blurred with a lot of heavy hitting games.

There's the XBox360, and Nintendo will have the DS online, as well as the hype-charged Twilight Princess to thrust into the industry, but...What will Sony have?

In my opinion, KH2 is gonna have to come out by Christmas for PS2 to take a bite of the holiday season.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
There sure are a lot of HTML tags...

MajinLink 287 said:
Dreamcaster, where can I get this trailer, because I've looked and can't quite seem to find this new trailer you are talking about...
I'd like to know where I could download it too. You can only find discpritions of it from people who were actually at the Premere Party (in other words, no official or even bootleg version of the trailer can be found online... yet)... both IGN.com and GameSpot.com have discriptions of the trailer online (and don't forget Kingdom Hearts Ultimania, more or less - and TheMagicalKuja will prolly agree with me on this one - the best unofficial Kingdom Hearts 2 site on the net). Anyhoo some good Kingom Hearts 2 news updates (from Kingdom Hearts Ultimania no less ;)):

Yochi Wada (Square-Enix CEO) has confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 2 will be released this year. Also he has said that the date will be revealed over the internet very soon (most likely guess would be around the Tokyo Game Show, September 16-18), but it still wouldn't be a bad idea to keep your eyes on Squre-Enix's Official Kingdom Hearts 2 website.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Because kh2.co.uk is the best site evar, it's got some translations revolving around Demix and Barbossa.

And today it also added a couple of translations for some bloody screeens I DON'T SEE YET. Apparently a batch of new ones are supposed to come out anytime after this Thursday.

And with the painful delay of Twilight Princess and only XBox360 anywhere near decent (as cool as it is, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Rush don't count because they come out November), it looks like Sora took Jack Skellington's idea and hijacked Christmas. KH2 is TAKING OVER THE WORLD, B****.

MarioBrothers12

Smash Rookie
Zeeky H Bomb said:
E3 has two trailers right now. One of them is behind doors, and we probably won't see it until the party in July. The trailer is supposed to show more of Sora's new drive (Wise form.), POTC world, more Gummi-ship action, and on. Hopefully, we'll get an EXACT release date during the party (For japan, at least.).

In the POTC world, i'm hoping we'll be able to explore the Royal Navy port, Tortuga, The Black pearl, and the island of Cortez.

im an expert of KH2 i know everything if u need any info of the game release, or anything visit http://kh2.co.uk or http://khmaniacs.com or http://kingdomhearts2.net i have also images even 1 of Sora transformation with the fusion of Goofy and Donald.

On The Left is Sora form COURAGE.on the right is donald form WISDOM and middle is just the regular self.if i would rate this game i would give it from 1-10 a 8 cause of the graphics plus new adventures especually the part of Pirates Of The Caribbean in the game plus the new enemys and friends this game is the future baby :laugh:

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
I'm a KH fanatic! I just came back to SWF and noticed this KH2 thread and had to post. Today, new scans were found of the SteamBoat Willie world! So far KH2 is shapping up to be one of the best rpgs of all time. When I find new info online or anywhere else, I'll be sure and post it here for you guys :) .

(BTW, If you want vids from the First KH, check the link to C-rpg below then click Kingdom Hearts!)

MarioBrothers12

Smash Rookie
Dark Link said:
I'm a KH fanatic! I just came back to SWF and noticed this KH2 thread and had to post. Today, new scans were found of the SteamBoat Willie world! So far KH2 is shapping up to be one of the best rpgs of all time. When I find new info online or anywhere else, I'll be sure and post it here for you guys :) .

(BTW, If you want vids from the First KH, check the link to C-rpg below then click Kingdom Hearts!)

if your a expert on KH like me lets see if u can maybe find anything bout a Kingdom Hearts online game i tryed but for now i found nothing so let see if u can help me out here i need all the help i can get.

Creature_85

Smash Lord
Wow, I should check back here more often. I'm amazed at how much they are putting into this one.

And very happy that Cloud will be popping up again too. Makes you wonder if Sephiroth will apear as well?

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Wow, been a while since I've checked this thread as well.

I'm convinced this will be the last good game for the Playstation 2.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Bahamut said:
I'm convinced this will be the last good game for the Playstation 2.
Could be but that depends on when games like okami and FF12 get released. Also developers and alot of gamers don't move on as quickly as some of us. The PS1 lasted for quite a while after the PS2 was released.

DemonHost

Smash Apprentice
MajinLink 287 said:
Are you kidding?! This game was worth it. I ****ING LOVED IT!:)
Ha see? Overrated.

But don't get me wrong, it was a good game, but just everyone thinks it's the best game ever. I bet the second one will still be good though.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
DemonHost said:
Ha see? Overrated.

But don't get me wrong, it was a good game, but just everyone thinks it's the best game ever. I bet the second one will still be good though.
It's not the best game, but it's a **** good one, that's for sure. I think when they overrated it, they hit their marks dead on.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Months ago when I heard a rumor that Steamboat Willie and the Lion King would be levels I didn't believe it. Then when pics of SW showed up I thought cool but no chance for the Lion King. Sometimes it's good to be wrong.

Ugh.. Thumbs down for making Goofy a turtle again.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
It's going to look a bit odd for a lion to be swinging around a keyblade in its mouth.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I think this whole Lion King thing is very interesting. I enjoy the idea of another world in which Sora has to change his appearance to fit in. I hope when they are in Mickey's Castle (is that what they are calling it?) Donald and Goofy return to the outfits they had before they left it in the first game. It would be a nice nod to continuity. In any case, I'm not really sure what I think of a Lion cub Sora running around with a keyblade, but if any game could pull this off, I'd say it is this one.

MajinLink,
By definition overrating something would be overshooting the mark. Not to be rude by correcting you, because I understand the point you were trying to make, I just found it a bit funny.

Kingdom Hearts got good reviews. People liked it. Did they overrated it? That is a matter of opinion. Mine is that they did not, that it lives up to its reputation. Some might disagree. Both are valid opinions. But I'm right.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
The rAt said:
MajinLink,
By definition overrating something would be overshooting the mark. Not to be rude by correcting you, because I understand the point you were trying to make, I just found it a bit funny.
I know what overrating is, but in my opinion, I found this game well worth the overration. (is that a even a word?)

I wouldn't expect anything less from KH2, but more.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I cannot wait for this game! I loved the first one (it's the only reason I still on my PS2), and I have a feeling this one will be just as good, if not better. KH is the ONLY series worth playing on the PS2. Everything else can be found on Xbox or Game Cube!

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
http://files.filefront.com/4305621/

the tgs 2005 trailer good quality. so awesome. we see bhk in play, a little bit if disney castle, port royal, agrabah, and a bunch of other worlds. no pride rock is shown, but that was cause the revelation of that world came out after this trailer

translations for the above trailer highlight to see:

Namine: You're... you're not meant to exist, really.
DiZ: So you came... the Keyblade's Chosen One.
BHK: Who are you saying that to? Me? Sora?
DiZ: What I need is a person who flies within the world of light and destroys the XIII Order.
Minnie: Welcome back!
Donald: This is Sora. He's our friend!
Sora: Mushu! It's been a while!
Sora: I'm called Sora!
Genie: I just loooove making people's eyes pop out in amazement!
Jack: Hey Barbossa! Give me my Black Pearl back!
Oogie Boogie: I appreciate this.
Shan-Yu: It's over!
Squall: Can we do it? Against that?
Cloud: It might be difficult if there was just one more of them.
Sora: The XIII Order!
??? (Beast?): What is he?
Sora: The Thriteenth Order... There's a thing called Nobodies that is created when a person with a strong heart becomes a Heartless. Those who control the Nobody are the XIII Order.
Xaldin: Once we obtain Kingdom Hearts we will become complete beings!
Unknown: The Keyblade... A truly wonderful power. The problem is the wielder...\

here's a scan of pride rock

does anyone think pete looks funny as a lion? i wonder what his role in the game is too. he seems to be a recurring baddie. maybe a member of the organization?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Lightsaberboy it's ok to show new worlds and stuff but put some spoiler tags around story elements. Fortunately for me I've gotten used to people spoiling everyhting so I always look to the left of the screen first to see if any conversaton pieces are written.

Some people come in here just to find out about new worlds, characters and whatever else. This does not mean they want to know everything about the game. It's like telling someone Vader is Luke's father before they see starwars.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Lightsaberboy said:
all i did was link the trailer and put a scan. nothing really spoilerish there.
If you hadn't put up the translations I would agree. If someone put up an english version of that trailer I would expect them to say warning spoilers. I'm not angry or anything I'd just like people to be more considerate/cautious about what they post.

It looks like you will be chasing Pete through different worlds. Ugh...I just had the disturbing image of "Mermaid Pete" flash through my mind.

Now I really wish I had put up my KH2 predictions. So far four of the things I thought would happen have in some way.

Top Bottom