• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts 2

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Since there was no official KH2 topic I decied to make one.

Title: Kingdom Hearts 2
Genre: RPG
Rating: E
Platform: PS2
Published by: Square Enix
Developed by: Square Enix
MSRP: Unkwown

It is one year after Sora, Donald and Goofy defeated Ansem and seald the door to Kingdom Hearts, the birthplace of all hearts. The trio are still searching for a way home, and allthough the door to Kingdom Hearts has been sealed, a new threat has emerged, not good nor evil, they are simply called the Non Existant Ones (the N.E.O.). Controlling the N.E.O. heartless are a group of hooded figures are somehow involved with the the keyblade and the fact that Sora, Goofy, and Donald cannot find their way home.. What are these mystrious figures motives and intentions? Good? Evil? Or Something More? We'll have to see with Kingdom Hearts 2.

I'm really excited with the release of Kingdom Hearts 2 (and also the KH2 mini-prequel Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories). The after beating the original Kingdom Hearts it became my all time favorite game... ever(!)... (Samba De Amigo now holds the #2 spot and Megaman X is now #3)... KH2 will feature new characters (both Disney and Square) and new worlds to explore (along with a few new keyblade techniques). Plus it has been rumored that you will be able to play (at some point) as the dual keyblade weilding Blond Haird Youth. It has been rumored that this blond haired kid is actually an alternate version of Sora. The basis behind this rumor is that this that in Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix's special ending Deep Dive a cloaked figure told the blond haird boy that he "looks just like him" and afterwards a screenshot of Sora was shown. Also the blond haird kid weilds the Oathkeeper (a special keyblade given to Sora by Kairi) as well as the Oblivion (a keyblade that Sora finds in KH1). Also you have to take into account Sora's new darker outfit (it is black in KH2 as opposed to his red outfit in KH1) and the blond haired kid's outfit is white, to play off the possibilty of a "dark" Sora and a "light" Sora. Plus Sora has a striking resemblence to the blond haird kid if you compare the two screenshots: Sora and the Blond Haird Kid.

Anyhoo, some new characters that have been confirmed are Final Fantasy X's Auron and Toy Story's little green three eyed alien guys!

One new location that has been confirmed is a city called "Twilight Town"

As far as the plotline goes I am completly in the dark (besides the fact that the new enemy are the cloaked N.E.O.s and they come from a place beyond good and evil). Does anyone have any futher info on the plot, characters, etc.?

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Hey Dreamcaster! Havn't seen you in awhile. I supose you'll be checking into the official "What Game should I buy" topic? :p

I never got to play the first, since I don't own a PS2. I'm not holding my breath for a Gamecube release, and my friends who have PS2's probably won't get this game, so it looks like I'll miss out again...
Oh well...

EDIT: :starman: 800 POSTS! :starman:

Zeeky H Bomb

Smash Ace
Kh1 is amazing, you gotta try it sometime, sell's for about $15.

I cant wait for the release of KH2, KH1 had my hands around the controll 12 hour's a day for the first 4 days. This game gave me a new opinion on disney: Disney owns you: thats how strong this game is.

I heard the release date for Kh2 in the US was set to be announced around November 2004, but it can go into 2005.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Electronic Boutique's webiste says that KH2 will ship 12/30/04. You'd figure they'd wanna try to sell it before the holidays (like Zeeky says, during 11/04), but whatcha gonna do? A few moths ago KH2 was estimated to be released Q1 2005, so I'm thankful as it is that KH2 is coming out 2004 (well, the 2nd to last day of 2004 ;)). BTW, does anyone here know KH2's Japanese release date?

Anyhoo, here are some of the most recent magazine scans from Japan (V-Jump magazine):

V-Jump 01
V-Jump 02
V-Jump 03

From the shots we can see the return of Hercules and new character from the Hercules movie: Meg!! We can aslo see that Auron from FFX is in the game as well. There are also a few shots from KH:CoM. We can see in KH:CoM that Jack Skelington returns as well as the heartless boss from the Alice in Wonderland world (that weird paper chain/slinky looking guy).

Also I just found this! Ansem Reprot #13 from KH: Final Mix (there were only 12 Reports in the US KH):

Ansem Report #13

When the heart casts off the flesh, where does the body go?

Heart and soul are separate, and the spirit remains in the body. But can we assume that the leftover body and soul perish?

Certainly when the heart changes into a Heartless the body disappears.

However, that is only this world's story; in another world, mightn't they change forms like the Heartless and exist there?

If we take that to be the case, there must be a you other than yourself existing somewhere.

An existence neither of darkness nor of light.
An in-between existence.
Cast off by the heart, a mere shell, one who begrudges both the darkness and the light.

This mystery cannot be easily resolved.
The relationship between the heart and the flesh is a complex one.

But since we exist here, they cannot be termed as existent.
Therefore I shall call them...

"The non-existent ones."

This may prove the theory that the Blond Haird Kid in the KH2 preview, could very well be an alternate version of Sora! The Blond Haird Kid weilds both the Oblivion (light/salvation) and the Oathkeeper (darkness/destruction)... a type of Ying-Yang or "in between existence" as Ansem Report #13 reads. Very interesting...

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
im curious on who those silver dudes are. I wonder if there some sort of advanced heartless form, and who is the cloaked dudes? (one was a boss in CoM)

PS: rumor is that one of the stages is from mulan.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Hey dudes: Most of the guys an Ansem report theorize that the white creatures are NOT Heartless. They are something completely different.

I can't wait for this game, but unless it comes with screenshots, or from an official source, take anything you hear with a pinch of salt. Remember than fake crap from imbd that said they had the plot?

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Some news:

The black hooded cloaked N.E.O. with the red hair has been identified as (directly translated to english) "Akuseru" (the romanji name will most probably be "Axel"). He will appear in both KH2 and KH:CoM.

Axel 01
Axel 02

Perhaps the name "Axel" is a reference to his weapon? Hm....

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
Toy Story and Mulan... SWEET!

After what KH1 did for The little mermaid, I'm sure Toy story and Mulan will work out just as well! (although that stage was a bit strange with the swiming element about it). Anywho, speaking of the final mix, it might not be just for the japanese anymore... I was browsing the local game stores and I saw a display box for Kingdom hearts Final Mix, the date for that game wasn't confirmed by them just yet, but chances are it'll come out at least months before KH2 or CoM.

Well, I too am in eager antisipation ever since I watched the trailer for this game, I just hope that the camera for this chapter is reworked (remembers getting dizzy by watching a Green Requieum Heartless fly about while on lock-on mode). :shyguy: :beezo:

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
o.o; omgomg, if Auron is in KH2, I will die happy :3 *sigh* I just wish that we could get more info on what to expect in KH2, square-enix is being pretty tight :/

I'm hoping the story will be as fantastic as KH1, really can't wait! ^^

Nnn...that's kinda dodgy bringing out Final Mix only now :/ Haha, I'm sure by now anyway, everyone's seen or heard about the extra scenes etc. Ah well...

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yeah, but isn't there supposed to be a hidden boss fight against an unknown in final mix as well? that might be worth it to some people to buy the game, along with (from what i remember) a few new items, a harder synthesis for the final weapon, and newer enemies (i think there was another difficulty? can't remember...)

Magus

Lone Wolf
BRoomer
Wait, what? Toy Story?

Didn't Pixar just leave Disney? WTF.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Trailer!
The server's a bit slow on this one though. If you want it a bit faster, hit me up on AIM or something. I have the video and got it from a different website that was loads faster, but I forgot the URL.

kupo

Smash Lord
Unless, there's another recent trailer out, you can find the trailer here.

Hm, DreamCaster, Twillight Town has been confirmed? Is it the same place that took place Deep Dive?

Nobody's mentioned anything about the third keyblade. For the ones who are in dark, Sora and King Mickey have the two kingdom key. As for the third, (In Deep Dive) The part where the unknown weilding the two keyblades, uses Air Raid. Tossing up the Oblivion Keyblade, the blindfold unknown leaps off the building and catches the thrown keyblade. As you watch carefully as the two unknowns pass each other, the dual keyblade weilder is now carrying a Keyblade which looks similar to the ones that Sora and Mickey have.

Some people have speculated that the dual keyblade weilder is the blonde kid.

Also quoted from the trailer DD.
Change The third key

Any ideas about DD relating to the current trailer?

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
It probably won't be such a bad idea if Square Enix decided to sell Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix during or right before they release Kingdom Hearts 2. Heck, I know I'd buy KH:FM for the added material:

- Added cutscenes that flesh out the story (no new voice work though, just text bubbles)
- Ansem Report #13
- New heartless
- New AP abilites for Sora, Donald, and Goofy
- New accessories
- 2 new keyblades ("One Winged Angel" and "Diamond Dust")
- The game's difficulty levels have been edited from "Normal", "Difficult", to: "Final Mix Beginner", "Final Mix", and "Final Mix Proud"
- New secret boss: (cloaked) Unknown
- Clould vs. Sepheroth battle
- New secret ending: "Deep Dive"

bodyguard380

Smash Journeyman
if they dont release the FM maybe they could put it in COM since its gonna have that gba player thing that you watch the cutscenes on. maybe they'll have a card or whatever way it works where you could see or playthrough parts that were in the FM.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I hope j00 f00lZ like n00 screenshotZ.

Don't ask me who that girl is...

It looks like the command changes style depending on what world you're on... as well, Beast picks a fight with Sora, perhaps to defend a rose. Looks like the villains are swindling various heroes now...

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Square.net noticed the new status chart changes from KH tp KH2:

The heath bar has been rearranged. The MP gague is no longer devided and is a solid bar (perhaps MP is now percentage based and not unit based?) and there is a new bar called "Drive". Perhaps this is an "Overdrive"/"Limit Break" type bar, that fills up as Sora deals and takes damage, and when it is full he can use an "Drive" skill? E3 is only 2 weeks away! I can't wait to find out more!

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
you know they're probably going to release final mix as the greatest hits version of KH (a la Silent Hill 2)

hehe, they named the keyblade one winged angel... anyone else get it?

I am such a dork...

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
This game just topped my Anticipation List.

Just a thought: what if Auron becomes a temporary ally, just like Tarzan or Ariel? Wouldn't that be the most kick@$s thing ever?

Really, they should have more Final Fantasy charcters in the game, and possibly fighting with you. What if you visit the Final Fantasy world that Squall, Cloud, and Yuffie were from? What if it is an interactive Zanarkand?

So many quiestions.

(My fingers want to go crazy with excitement. Keep cool... )
fdsjkfhdjskafhdkajscyfekjfhdjkhfakBLAH

SakuraPichu

Smash Ace
what's ad is tha i just now got Kingdome Hearts. great. but i do look forward to the second one.
i love that disney stuff and i wonder how many disney characters they's put in this time.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
There are some new screenshots here that show new Heartless, more Disney characters, and what looks like a new AP Abillity in KH2.

As you can see the storyline of Beauty and the Beast is becoming a more important aspect to KH2's plotline: we've already seen many shots of Beast conversing with the cloaked N.E.O.s, Beast carring around the enchanted rose that turned him into a beast, other shots of Beast's castle, and now we have shots of Cogsworth, Lumiere, Mrs. Potts, and Chip appearing in KH2...

CloudKid2k4

Smash Lord
Originally posted by HondaFoo
Really, they should have more Final Fantasy charcters in the game, and possibly fighting with you. What if you visit the Final Fantasy world that Squall, Cloud, and Yuffie were from? What if it is an interactive Zanarkand?
I agree. the one FFgame missing from KH1 was FF9! they didnt have one Single charcter. they MUST throw in Vivi in the next one. If Auron fought with you(my fav FF character of ALL time besides Selphie) that would be the sickest thing ever. I just hope tehy dont make him look gay or change his name. (much like they did squall). If they made Zanarkand....that would also be very cool. maybe somehow they could throw in Aeon summons too? like instead of summoning simba and stuff. like you summon bahamut instead. that would be cool too.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by CloudKid2k4
I agree. the one FFgame missing from KH1 was FF9! they didnt have one Single charcter. they MUST throw in Vivi in the next one. If Auron fought with you(my fav FF character of ALL time besides Selphie) that would be the sickest thing ever. I just hope tehy dont make him look gay or change his name. (much like they did squall). If they made Zanarkand....that would also be very cool. maybe somehow they could throw in Aeon summons too? like instead of summoning simba and stuff. like you summon bahamut instead. that would be cool too.
The reason why the only FF characters featured in KH are from FF7, FF8, and FF10 is because the leading artist of KH is Tetsuya Nomura, lead charater designer for FF7, FF8, and FF10 (and recently FF10-2), so that is why his (and only his) characters are in KH. If Nomura adds any more FF characters to KH2 I reeeeeeeeely hope he adds my all time fav FF character: Cait Sith! I loved that guy (even if he was just a puppet)... It would be cool in KH2 if the characters get to travel to some of FF worlds like Gold Saucer (FF7), Balamb (FF8), or the Moonflow (FF10... "ride ze shoopuf?" ;)).

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I just hope that Final Fantasy has a bigger part in the next game.

Yea, summons from the FF series would also be great. Summon Bahamut on a horde of Heartless, kick@s$. Summoning in KH1 was mediocre and useless in my opinion, so something needs to happen.

I think it would be kinda cool if Sora had some type of wall-jumping ability, like jump off a wall and slash some flying heartless, or run into one and do a backflip and tornado slash or something. Have more variety in battle, along with more techniques. But I dunno, maybe too Matrix-ish.

Also I'm curious about the additional bar in the status part of the screen. It'll probably be a Limit Break/Overdrive gauge. If so, they should adopt FFX's ways of gaining more powerful ones: on some do your Limit a number of times, others attainable by winning special battles or finding items, etc.

And, of course, they should increase the number of battles in the Colliseum, my favorite world of KH1. I personally think that there should be several tourneys leading up to a different FF final boss each, like Sephiroth in one, Yu Yevon the other, maybe Vegnagun. Also, there needs to be like a massive battlefield where everyone is fighting everyone, and eventually it boils down to two left. Like have Sora, Cloud, Squall, Yuffie, some Heartless, maybe Auron, Rikku (not Riku, he's kinda dead now), Barrett, Cid (FFVII) all battle it out in 1 arena at the same time. That'd be great.

Oh, and they seriously need to get rid of/improve the Gummy Ship thing. Who cares about some stupid ship? No prupose whatsoever. Instead there should be like dungeons inbetween with puzzles and stuff, maybe themed like the world you're trying to go to. Of course now I'm turning this into a Final Fantasy, but it would be an improvement.

Kaboom

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Devilkoopa
you know they're probably going to release final mix as the greatest hits version of KH (a la Silent Hill 2)

hehe, they named the keyblade one winged angel... anyone else get it?

I am such a dork...
Y'know, that would be cool... Except there is already a KH greatest hits...

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
^You know what, that sucks, but I've got a plethora of info regarding KH2, thanks to Lunatic Martyr of Gamefaqs and several translated magazines.

Lunatic Martyr of Gamefaqs said:
Before I head out to E³ (it's my first one, so, naturally, I'm pretty psyched - even though the flight is at 5:45AM... have to be on the road at 3:00AM... zzzzzzz... ), I figure I'd create one topic with all the new info I've come across in my various translating efforts (keeping track of all of it is a bit of a pain...). Luckily, I've had help from a few friends whom are quite a bit more fluent in the Japanese language than I myself am. Had I not, I probably wouldn't be able to do this... that is unless people don't mind semi-coherent gobbledyguk. XD

Anyway, on with the show (bear in mind that all of this comes from a number of different publications - not just one in particular; also bear in mind that not all of the following will be new, but it's necessary to mention on account that it helps piece it all together - however, I'll try to refrain from reiterating anything that's too old/obvious). In some cases, nothing's really condensed, as I wanted to get as much across as possible. And remember, I'm only going by what the magazine's say and it may not all be 100%, but it's the best we could do.

> Here is the general story set-up shared by a few of the written articles (it's a pieced-together translation; i.e. some things were left out on one, whereas they were present in another). Also, mind the grammar - I decided to post the literal translation, as opposed to a cleaned-up version (besides, I more or less already posted that in another topic):

"Heartless once again begin to appear in many Worlds, and threaten the balance of life. It's unknown why or how they have returned. Some claim that Hollow Bastion is once again the cause/source of their unpleasant return. When Sora hears about this, he gathers his companions and they immediately leave for Hollow Bastion. They arrive and discover the World is in total chaos. The essence of what they believe is Darkness, that is emanating from the castle, is warping the very World itself. Before they have a chance to head to the castle, they are surrounded on all sides by a very large group of Heartlesses, including some they had never seen before. They have no choice but to try and fight their way out, with the knowledge that very sinister things are taking place... and it's only the beginning."

> None of the articles I've seen say reveal anything new, or noteworthy about the Mysterious Boy. The only thing came in V-Jump's E³ Report a while back, stating that the playable demo will include said character (simply referring to him as "new character") with two partners of his own - whom are not Donald & Goofy.

> Still no name for "Ansem", but he has been referred to as the "Crimson/Red Enigma".

> In one magazine, a small blurb described Hollow Bastion as "once again an integral part of Sora's journey and a doorway to new, mysterious Worlds."

> "Disney Castle, a World that had much involvement with the story and was clearly visible on the first game's world map, was not accesible in the first game which puzzled a few people. However, the world coming out of Square[-Enix] is that Disney Castle will indeed be playable this time around."

> The Worlds are touted as being "much more expansive than those seen in the first game".

> The first playable World is apparently Hollow Bastion, where the game opens.

> Speaking of the Worlds, all the mentioned/confirmed themed-Worlds thus far are, in no particular order [Tentative name/Disney film it's based on]:

- "Fabled Countryside"/Beauty and the Beast
- "Ancient Greece"/Hercules

As for the specific, primary/prominent areas for each of the aforementioned Worlds, a few were mentioned...

Fabled Countryside
- Quaint/Peaceful Village (one said the latter, another the former)
- Forbidden Woods/Forest (see above)
- Beast's Manor (this is the term that's always been used so far; no "castle" or anything of the like; perhaps if the curse is broken, it'll become "Prince's Castle", or something)

Ancient Greece
- Thebes (City)
- Mount Olympus (Colosseum included)
- [The] Underworld (part of it is tournament-based)

> All the mentioned, practically-confirmed theme-Worlds, thus far, are, in no particular order (some are written about outright, whereas some are here simply going by subtle hints; no word on any sort of Final Fantasy-inspired Worlds as of yet):

- Nottinghamshire/Robin Hood
- Pride Rock/The Lion King
- Camelot/The Sword In The Stone
- Prydain/The Black Cauldron (WOOHOO!)

> All the mentioned/heavily-rumoured themed-Worlds include, thus far:

- Victorian London/The Great Mouse Detective
- ????/The Jungle Book
- ????/Mulan (one magazine said "... Mulan ... and The Jungle Book are all expected to be immortalized as playable Worlds in the next installment.")

> Bosses/adversaries Sora will supposedly encounter throughout the game include (mostly from the Hercules-inspired World; no others have been specifically mentioned as bosses, with the exception of DarkSide):

- DarkSide
- Nessus (Centaur)
- The Hydra
- The Cyclops
- The Titans (that's all that's said, so it leads one to believe that all four will be included; then again, it could just be the two that were absent from the first game)
- Auron ("a lost soul, looking for redemption")
- Cerberus (not referred to as a boss, per se, but said to be returning in some capacity)
- Hades? (was not pointed out as a boss, but it's natural to think he'd be one)

> Hades, Captain Hook & Jafar (perhaps in his Cobra-guise?) are all said to be indefinitely returning; presumably, to join the new group of Villains, whomever they may be.

> The game will feature many new types of Heartlesses, along with many that will be returning from the first game (many - not all). Also, three of those new types had names given to them. Not really certain if they're official, but I'll give them anyway.

- Rabid (little blue, pudgy dog-like things)
- HookWing (the bat-like Heartless with the red hooks on the end of their tails)
- Spectral Mage (the magic-type Heartless Sora is pictured as encountering within the Underworld)

> Take this for what its worth, but, while not actually divulging the name of the "species" (they probably don't know it, anyway), one magazine referred to the stretchy "White Creatures" as 'Flailers'. No name was given for the giant one.

> The game will keep "Real Time", and the large clock on the train station in Twilight Town will also reflect this (in other words, among other things, there will be a definitive day and night periods in each World and they will alternate on a regular basis).

> Sora will receive a certain special ability/technique upon the completion of any one world (that is, aside from being granted the traditional theme-based Keychain, which will also be a returning factor). Exactly which ability/technique you acquire depends solely on how well you were able to successfully complete that particular world. Once you do complete the World, the factors will be tallied up, and depending on the end result, you'll receive one ability for that World. Determining factors include, but are not necessarily limited to (i.e. the only ones divulged as of this writing; these aren't the exact classifications [as there were none], just the names I'm going to give them based on descriptions):

Total Percentage Of World Beaten Rating
Overall Time Required To Successfully Beat World Rating
Total Vanquished Enemy-Count Rating
Battle Performance Rating
Magic Adept-ability Rating
Party Cooperation Rating
Group Participation Rating
Special Rating
Overall Performance Rating

Then, those are all added together and depending on the rating, you'll receive your reward. For example, in the Hercules-themed World (one publication referred to it as "Ancient Greece"), the best ability Sora can obtain is "Zeus' Thunder", "an extremely powerful and punishing lighting-based magical attack", which drains all of Sora's MP. The second best ability is "Herc's Might" (drains 1/2) and the 'worst' one is "Hermes' Trail" (drains 1/4); no idea on what the latter two do (if you happen to do any worse than that, you'll receive a package with various items, equipment and lots of Munny included. There was no indication on whether or not if any of these abilities can be shared within the entire party, or if it's limited to just Sora. As well, if doesn't say if you can actually eventually obtain all the abilities for any given World by returning or not (I'd bet that you can).

> Sora's Command Menu will change to a visual theme that reflects whichever World he's currently in.

> In addition to receiving Keychains throughout the course of the game, you'll have the opportunity to craft a custom KeyBlade of your very own choosing (along the same lines as the Synthesis process from the first game). Details are sketchy, but it's said that the materials needed to create the KeyBlades are very rare and well hidden in each World.

> The mysterious "Drive" meter seems to tie-in to how many enemies you kill, and it may or may not be the only type. For example, it mentions that if you kill enough enemies, and the gauge fills to capacity, Sora is able to unleash a powerful attack (the meter keeps count). If you execute the attack enough, and kill enough enemies, the level of the meter increases, and the attacks/techniques Sora is able to utilize when the meter is full are upgraded (but you can still use the lower-level attacks by hitting the appropriate button when the gauge fills to that specific point). If you happen to defeat a boss with a "Drive"-based attack, you get double the "points" you'd get by just using it on a normal enemy.

---

There. I think that's everything. Hopefully more information will be divulged soon (post-E³, of course). When that happens, I'll try to do what I did here, and translate it (with the same help, of course =P).

As for the demos, I'm not sure I'm that dedicated of a fan to undertake that - I can already imagine the lineups. And seeing how highly-anticipated both games are... eh, but I'd probably feel bad if I didn't at least try. And while I am definitely looking forward to the Square-Enix booth, it's not the only one I want to see. ****, I'm looking to take in everything I can while I'm there, **** or high-water. =P

And while I won't be able to contribute directly to the magazine and/or website (my brother's, my friend's and my pass all directly state "Admit One - Official Press/Media Attendant - Guest Level Clearance", whereas my brother's friend - the actual 'official' person making the trip - simply says "Admit One - Official Press/Media Attendant), I'm going to bring my Digital Camera along with me, and if I get the chance, I'll snap a few pics (as long as it doesn't interfere with my being there, of course). Then I'll report back with everything that went down (hopefully I'll be cleared to attend press conferences, as well) here, and a few other places that are anticipating a summary of the trip.

Until then...

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
y'know, while fighting along FF characters would be cool, what about fighting against more of them?

The turks would make a pretty good team up fight against you (looking at Reno, Rude, Elena, and the other guy)

uhhhh.....

Fighting summons would be pretty good (looking at FFX's Bahamut, and FF7's Bahamut ZERO, as well as FF8's Ifirit and FFX's shiva)

uhhh.....

The Gullwings (U know that wouldn't be half bad now that I think of it)

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
HondaFoo, once you lean how to make gummi ships (took me a while!) and start to beef up your Gummi Ship with speed bossters, agility fins, multiple lazer cannons, and a strong hull, you can easily wiz (or as I prefer, to plow) though the Gummi Ship areas (even before you get the world warp gummi piece)!

Hmmm... not too sure if I'm too keen on the new worlds (rumored) in KH2. China (Mulan), Nottinghamshire (Robin Hood), Jungle (Jungle Book), Beat Manor (Beauty and the Beast), and Camelot (Sword in the Stone) seem okay, but Pride Rock (Lion King)? What could you do there except swat around a few animals? Or London (Great Mouse Detective) again? They already had that for the Neverland stage in KH1. What I think would be a cool world would be a stage inspired by The Emperor's New Groove (uh... Latin America perhaps?). And do the stages have to be based off of Disney movies? How about a trip to Duckburg (Ducktales) or the Gummi Bears Forest?

I do like the idea of customizing a new Keyblade. Sounds awesome!

CloudKid2k4

Smash Lord
the Emperor's new groove would be cool. but Pride Rock i get too. just slash animals? have you seen Lion King? if the world is just Pride Rock then i understand. the Level WILL suck. but if its bsed on the whole movie. like you can go in teh jugnle. go to scar's lair, etc. that would be better. But is Atlantis gonna be in there? or what about Finding Nemo that would be pretty cool too. but what would you fight there?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
With Ninty suddenly opening a can of whoop-***, I doubt this awesome game will stand a chance here, but I MUST TRY!

New screenshots! Well, actually, Hi-res versions of the scans we've been seeing. Girl I saw in really small fuzzy scan is in fact, Belle hugging Donald. How sweet.

Go check IGN.com. Gamespot sucks. Not a single pic works on my CPU.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Dammit, this thing won't come out until 2005, and by that time I might even have graduated! ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHH! AND BY THAT TIME, PS3 might be out!

In any case, expect an update here in the near future. Lunatic says he played it at E3, but Many gaming sites have NOT. I'll see who's behind the news soon...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Square-Enix didn't even show Kingdom Hearts 2 at E3 this year. I was searching for videos and screen shots all E3 and then on IGN in their Square-Enix Booth E3 2004 article they said KH2 was absent.

This "Lunatic" is a liar.

Edit: (To poster below) Well spank my *** and call me Tingle.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Didn't look good, now did you?

My take is that many missed that super-improved Trailer we got. Go to www.ansemreport.com and go download it... trust me, you won't miss it.

Lunatic didn't lie about the magazine scans, I doubt he would about KH2. Many of those official gaming sites suck *** about E3 concerning specific games. But at the same time, guys like IGN DID launch preview articles about the new trailer. They were just *******es and didn't show it to us.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
In that movie, I'm pretty sure I saw the blonde-haired boy sitting next to some other kids on top of the clock tower in Twilight Town.

I personally think that there's either a different dimension with a different dimension of Sora, being the blonde-haired boy, and he too is chosen by the keyblade, or simply there's another keyblade and keyhole that have to be closed in order to seal off his world, and somehow Sora ends up there, or he ends up in Sora's.

I have no idea what they're going to do, to be honest.

EDIT:
Originally posted by DreamCaster
But since we exist here, they cannot be termed as existent.
Therefore I shall call them...

"The non-existent ones."

I think I just figured something out... the Non-Existent Ones...N.E.O? Hmm, this adds to the complexity of the story. Are the members of N.E.O alternate versions of previously-seen enemies? What about the blonde haired boy?

Hah-ha

:chuckle: DreamCaster, I love your comparison of Sora and the Blond Hair Youth! :chuckle: It's amazing how simular they look from behind! :chuckle:

But seriously, good theory. I'm all for this parallel dementions crap.
All I've got to say is that

this guy makes a excellent heartless.

BTW, searching for his image i found this small list of disney villians with pictures. You don't have to click on it. Won't hurt my feelings either way.

Kyoober

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by TheMagicalKuja
Dammit, this thing won't come out until 2005, and by that time I might even have graduated! ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHH! AND BY THAT TIME, PS3 might be out!

In any case, expect an update here in the near future. Lunatic says he played it at E3, but Many gaming sites have NOT. I'll see who's behind the news soon...
Accualy kh2 is suppposed to come out after ff12 in 2005.And the ps3 comes out 2006. And i know a site that has a pic of blondie's face,it looks onothing like sora
Here is the link to the site http://sorasdomain.web1000.com/miscpics.htm

And the pic is

The red haired guys name is Axel. And auron from ffx is in this game
Go to the site to get the pic bigger

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Hmm, I'm leaning more towards the blonde haired youth being a completely different guy that is somehow caught up in the same thing as Sora.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not that this directly ties to KH2, but as I was looking up info on KH:FM I found some screens of the bonus weapons/attacks not seen in the US version (but will hopefully appear in KH2 in case we never get KH:FM:

Sora's Diamond Dust Keyblade
Sora's One Winged Angel Keyblade
Goofy's Bumper Sheild
Goofy's Seven Elements Sheild
Donald's Fantasia Rod
Donald's Meteor Strike Rod
Sora's Slapshot Ability
Sora's Gravity Break Ability
Sora's Ripple Drive Ability
Sora's Stun Impact Ability

Oh, and while watching the trailer for KH2 I began to ponder about Destiny Island (where Sora, Riku, and Kairi would play as kids) and "The Mainland" (it was never named in the game but it' the island where Sora, Riku, and Kairi actually lived). In the KH2 trailer you get a good view of "The Mainland" with Destiny Island in the backround (here) right before the camera zooms in on Destiny Island (here). I dunno, I just find "The Mainland" very curious, because for one: you never really see it in KH (other than the inside of Sora's room on "The Mainland"), and two: why are they introducing it in KH2? It may have to do with this spoiler I read about Kairi (the faceless girl from the trailer?). SPOILER:
Ansem knew Kairi was a princess of heart all along and "placed" her on Destiny Island/"The Mainland" to watch over Sora. Remeber that cutscene/flashbak in KH when Sora and Riku discovered the "door" in their Secret Place on Destiny Island, and how it had "never been there before," and then the conversation turns to "the new girl" at the mayor's house? Also the fact Kairi could never remember where she lived before she came to Destiny Island/"The Mainland".

Also recently I have just started playing through KH again for fun :D, and this is the first time I've played it since all this new info on KH2 and KH:CoM has been released and I've been noticing a few clues about Sora's past. For instance, remeber the cutscene in Deep Jungle where Sora sees a castle and he says it looks familliar to him? At the time I just assumed it was Hallow Bastion, but now after seeing it again it looks more like that weird castle in KH:CoM.

Right now I'm only at "Under the Sea", but I'll prolly notice more hints/clues as I play through Hallow Bastion (sorta like the LoZ:MM's "dolphin" teaser in the observitory).

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Great finds there, DC.

Yea, I'm playing through it again, and I noticed the castle thing as well.

Also, I heard that one of the main goals of KH2 is how to get Sora back to Destiny Islands.

Top Bottom