• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts 2

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Akk! Honda Foo! Your Kingdom Hearts sig?! Nooooooooooo!

j/k, your new sig's pretty cool ;)

Anyhoo, I was sniffing around the net for more clues in KH:FM for any hints about the plot or KH2, and I found some pretty interesting stuff. First thing I found out (which actually anyone could have found out since KH1, but I feel is significant to post anyways) was the interesting name-play/kanji-play of the main characters: Sora (‹ó), Riku (—¤), and Kairi (ŠC—¢, I hope these kanji show up!). Sora (‹ó) means "sky", riku (—¤) means land, and kairi (ŠC—¢) means "distance, seperation, or even "overseas" depending on how you read it. I read an interesting fan theory of the name-play: "riku" looks up to "sora" (and vice versa) however "kairi" keems them apart (think of the sea's horizon line). Kinda sad when you think about it, that riku, sora, and kairi will always be seperated (ie. the ending FMV of KH... sniff).

Moving on, here are some (translated) quotes (the entire sequence has no voice over, just text) from added scenes in KH:FM. This one I am about the quote takes place after you've beaten Riku at Hallow Bastion and Kairi has given to the Oathkeeper keychain in the underground waterway of Traverse Town)

[scene] Darkness. A white path winds gently through the black nothingness.

Riku: Sora... Kairi...

[scene] The path slowly turns in our view, and comes onto a horizontal plane.

Riku: I'm sorry...

[scene] We follow the path back...

Riku: Is this... the world of death?

[scene] ...and find Riku, head hung and looking lost, walking along the path. He flickers slightly as if not quite totally real. Then he stumbles and stops as a blue light surrounds him. Clutching his chest he talks to himself.

Riku: I can't disappear yet.

[scene] The aura subsides

Riku: Not until I've met Sora and Kairi one more time...

Voice: Riku, can you hear me?

[scene] Riku raises his head only fractionally, but looks about warily.

Voice: I'll be there soon.

[scene] Riku turns abruptly to see who's there.

Riku: Who's there?

[scene] But he faces only darkness.

Voice: Another Keyblade... I've gotten the Keyblade for this side.

Riku: ?

Voice: I've been talking to you all along. But my words were hindered by the darkness covering your heart.

Riku: I don't know who you are, but... What's happened to me?

Voice: Your heart has overcome the darkness. But you couldn't take back your body. So only your heart was left behind in this dark side where stolen hearts are gathered.

Riku: What should I do?

[scene] Riku turns to face the way onwards again.

Voice: The door of darkness that is soon going to appear... That door, through which we cannot pass... In order to close it, two keys and two hearts are needed. Perhaps you too, like me, come here for that purpose. Maybe it was fate.

Riku: Fate... You know everything, don't you? If that's so, I want you to tell me one more thing... Are Sora and Kairi safe?

Voice: You yourself should be able to feel their hearts.

[scene] From the distance, Sora comes running through the darkness towards Riku.

Voice: How you perceive your friends... Is dependent on your own heart.

[scene] Sora is very close now. He is smiling. Riku has his eyes closed. He has been imagining Sora. He opens his eyes, seemingly much more at ease.

Riku: Thank you.

[scene]Fade to white.

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Now, for a personal analasis, I would say that the "voice" Riku was hearing was probabllllllllly King Mickey's and the "door" they are refering to is the door to Kingdom Hearts. But... wait... wasn't Kingdom Hearts ("without a doubt" to quote)... Light? And if the Light was able to destory Ansem (who had surrendered himself to darkness), why, oh WHY were there Heartless inside Kingdom Hearts not destoryed by the Light?? Was Kingdom Hearts indeed Darkness as King Mickey had said? Also throughout the game, a voice kept on telling Sora that he would be the one to open the door to the Light? Now I am just theorizing right now, but my guess is that Sora's Keyblade is the Key to the Door of Light, and perhaps King Mickey's Keyblade is the Key to the Door of Darkness. Hmmm... but what about Riku's Keyblade? And wouldn't it make more sense if the Oathkeeper was the Key to the Door of Light and the Oblivion was the Key to the Door of Darkness? If you click their respective links and look at the kanji written next to each key the Oblivion has the kanji "hikari" (light) and the Oblivion has the kanji "yami" (darkness). Now... lets see how far this rabbit hole goes shall we? Let's take a look at (a part of, not the whole thing) Ansem Report #11:

In order to cross over to the dark side, which is not this world, you must go beyond the door of Kingdom Hearts, the place connected to the world's heart.

The innermost part connected to the world's heart, the place connecting to the
world of darkness. (I will record the details in another report...)

There are still so many unknown worlds.

The present world.
The world of darkness.
The world of light.

And, The world in-between.

Okay.... so now there are 4 worlds: Present, Darkness, Light, and the Inbetween. We already know from KH:FM exclusive Ansem Report #13 (which I have posted a few pages back) that the Inbetween world is in fact the N.E.O's world (N.E.O. = Non Existent Ones, or the hooded figures in Deep Dive). So Sora holds the Key to the Light, and since Riku was told that he would seal the door to Darkness his Keyblade is apparently the Key to the Door of Darkness? And King Mickey's Keyblade? His was the Key to the Present world (that is why he was able to close the Kingdom Hearts of the Present World, which was linked to the Kingdom Hearts of the Darkness, Light, and Inbetween worlds)!

So long theory sumerized:
Sora's Keyblade is the Key to the Kingdom Hearts of Light
Riku's Keyblade is the Key to the Kingdom Hearts of Darkness
King Mickey's Keyblade is the Key to the Kingdom Hearts of the Present
And... the Keyblade to the Kingdom Hearts of the Inbetween... um... I gess will be revealed in either KH:CoM or KH2...

However... there is one flaw to this theory... if we say that the Oathkeeper IS the Key to the Kingdom Hearts of Light and the Oblivion IS the Key to the Kingdom Hearts of Darkness, then how come Sora is able to use both. Not at the same time of course, the only one we know to do that is that infamous The Blonde Haird kid who has been theorized to be the N.E.O. of Sora and possibly the Keyblade Master to the Inbetween world... and what if the the inbewteen world has no key allowing the Inbetween world "Keyblade" Master to weild the keybladed to the Light, Darkness, and Present worlds (which explains why he is able to weild both the Oblivion and the Oathkeeper). Geez, what a mind trip!

Just a simple IMO theory... something to mull over...

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
That's some good theorizing, DC, though I completely got lost once your started with the Present, Light, Darkness, and InBetween world ideas. Lol.

Kyoober

Smash Journeyman
Dude that was good.Butsora can weid 2 keyblades 2 you know.there apic somewhere.well i was wodering can i post this ona bored i go to?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
^When you speak in coherent English, I can give you an answer.

KH: COM will be around sometime in September of this month. Some new Unknowns have been unveiled, so search around... they look cool (there's even a female in the group)

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
TheMagicalKuja

KH: COM will be around sometime in September of this month.
You mean September this year, right?

Anyway, I've never actually played Kingdom Hearts, but I really want to. Unfortunately, I have not a PS2, so I'll have to settle for CoM for now (when it's released that is). Kingdom Hearts is actually the sole purpose I want a PS2 instead of a PS1.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
You definately need to play KH, not just to understand what's going on in KH:COM, but to experience the masterpiece that it is.

One cool thing that I found out about KH:COM is that it's gonna have cutscenes with near PS2-quality. That's something I've never seen on GBA before.

Kyoober

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by TheMagicalKuja
[B

KH: COM will be around sometime in September of this month.[/B]
Accually no one really knows when itcomes but its in late fall.idont know.it couldbe september.but it was official in fall.so it couldbe october or november to.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Kyoober
Accually no one really knows when itcomes but its in late fall.idont know.it couldbe september.but it was official in fall.so it could be october or november to.
IGN and Gamespot have the release date for KH:Com for November 15 2004, but I have seen sites stating that September 14 is the US release, however I highly doubt a US September 14 release because that date is less than two months away and KH:CoM hasn't even been released in Japan yet. Plus if the release was in September don't you think there would be a mention of it on Amazon.com? Nope, no word whatsoever (and I checked Amazon.co.jp... nada, zip, zilch). However I did check Disney Interactive Japan and found this:

The info matches Square-Enix's KH:CoM Official Site and with my limited "otaku" translation ability (basically just katakana, little hiragana, less than 20 kanji) here's a (less than) basic translation line for line ("?" means I don't know):

? : Square-Enix
? : ?
? : 2004
Genre: RPG (roll playing game)
? : Gameboy Advance

My guess is the line "? : 2004?" is most likly the release date information, and my gut instinct tells me that it prolly translates to "Release Date: 2004 Fall", becuase if the website knew the actual release date, wouldn't it just go ahead and list the romanji numerical date? I figure this because on that very same page is the Japanese release date of the original KH in numerical romanj: "2002 toshi ta 3 tsuki ta" (translating to 2002th year 3rd month, and yes March 2002 was the Japanese release of KH), so now you know my whole paranoia/skepticism about IGN and Gamespot's November release... I mean, if the game doesn't even have an offical Japanese release, how the heck can you deduce a US release?! (also the fact that there is no offical US KH:CoM page at either Disney Inteactive's site or Square-Enix.com is just as unsettling)

[EDIT] I just got the September 2004 issue EGM today and it has "September" as the release date for KH:CoM... hmm...

Flame-megaman

Smash Apprentice
I checked for kingdom hearts .

KINGDOM HEARTS 2 comes out in september 2005.

but the kingdom hearts for gba is coming out in september this year

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, I went over to Amazon.com, serached for KH:CoM, and KH2... no result... I went over to Amazon.co.jp (Japan's Amazon site), seached again... no result! However, funny enough, while searhing "kingdom hearts chain of memories release date" on Google.com... I got a link to Amazon.co.uk (the UK's Amazon site)... and not only do they have pages where you can preorder BOTH KH:CoM and KH2, they have their release dates (for the UK), I'm not too sure about the dates but here they are:

- KH:CoM: 10/22/04
- KH2: 12/17/04

So apperently KH2 will be out in the UK before 2005... Sounds kinda fishy to me, but hey, if it's ture I'm gonna hafta find me a PAL (UK, region 2) to NTSC (US, region 0) mod for my PS2!

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry, for double posting but I have some really EXPLOSIVE new insights about KH2 (with URL, IMG, and even screen capture references from KH I took and uploaded myself)! So in advance, "forgive me KI ^^;;!

OKAY!! (DC has flames of undying passion flickering in his eyes)

So here I am, still playing though KH in my usual obsessive compulsive manner (besides DDR, KH is the only video game I’ve played in the past six weeks), and I’m just, you know searching around for any hints that Nomura may have slipped in (after reading a recent article in GMR magazine, Nomura states that KH2 was planned during the completion of KH, so of course KH2 hints could be found in KH if you look hard enough ;)). And so as I was reading through the uber cryptic Ansem Reports, I found this:

Ansem Report 8
I've built a device that artificially creates Heartless. By recreating the conditions that spawn the Heartless naturally, I should be able to produce them artificially. This device is the culmination of all my research thus far. The machine's test run successfully created a Heartless. This may be a step towards creating a heart from nothing. The artificially and naturally created Heartless showed nearly identical traits. But the two types should remain distinct for the purpose of this experiment. So I will mark those that are created artificially.

Ansem Report 8 points out two things: (1) remember that weird device you find at Hallow Bastion (as you play though World's End) at the veeeeery end of the game? I think this is the device the Ansem report is refering to. There is an inscription on the device that talks about the Heartless, (I can't remember what it said exactly and once you clear that area of Hallow Bastion/World's End you can't return :(). And the very instant you finish reading the inscription a bunch of Heartless show up (thus my reasoning that this is the artifical Heartless machine). So it seems then that Ansem himself was creating artificial Heartless, which leads me to the second thing this report points out: (2) Ansem marked his "artifical Heartless". I belive that this is the mark Ansem speaks of:

Everything touched Ansem has this mark on it somewhere (even Riku's "battle" outfit). There are only a few Heartless in KH that don't have this symbol: your basic Shadow Heartless, Darkside Heartless (those big arse mofos with the dreadlocks and big heart shaped cavity in their chests) and Neo Shadows (the humanoid looking Hearless seen in Another Side Another Story/Deep Dive and at World's End in KH:FM), soin other words, natural Heartless are symboless and plain. However in screens of KH2 you see those bizarre new White Heartless that have this symbol on them:

So what's up with that? Is there a new badarse in town making a brand new bacth of artifical Heartless with his own new symbol, or did Ansem suddenly feel he needed to change his symbol and the color of the heartless, you know, get with the times. I also remebered that the "Enigmatic Man/Crimson" (who is rumored to be Ansem) from the KH2 trailer did wear a symbol (seen here and here) however it may not hold any significance at all not to mention that it doesn’t match the White Heartless symbol anyways (IMO the White Heartless symbol kinda look's like the symbol of Squall's Lionheart, seriously ;)). And while we are on the topic of symbols, least we forget the the boulder that one of the hooded Unknowns emerges from with Ansem’s symbol on it:

I have no clue whatsoever that this means, but it’s something to mull over…

But I have saved the juiciest morsels for last!! I finally got a screen shot (sorry for the crappy quality, but the only computer at my house that is capable of taking screen captures is my old 1992 Mac, go figure, so the picture quality is a bit low rez) of that mysterious slide Sora finds in Deep Jungle (the one that he thinks he has seen before):

As you can see, I was wrong (d@mn!) this isn’t that strange castle seen in KH:CoM, but more than likely this is a slide of Hallow Bastion:

You can tell that this is Hallow Bastion by comparing the archways at the base of the castle. Also a side note, when Sora first lands at Hallow Bastion: Rising Falls, he says that “This place makes me feel a warmth inside” (not to mention/repeat when Sora first saw the silde Hallow Bastion he made a comment about how it seemed familiar to him).

But…

Heh heh… this isn’t what has me all worked up… hee hee! All of my wall-crawling (in the near literal sense) has paid off: lookie at what I found on one of the cave walls at End of the World (right after you defeat Chernabog – the Fantasia “Night on Bald Mountian” boss):

Okay, I know this image looks really crappy (you're prolly like "pfft, he photoshoped it") but here are directions to this image: you can find this image by entering the End of the World: Final Rest save point from the Gummi Ship. Then backtrack through the 3 rooms: the first room will have the 3 Invisibles and 2 Angel Guard Heartless, the second room will be an empty cave, and in the third room you can find this image on the wall (keep your eyes peeled)! Atually, it debateable if this image even is of Hallow Bastion. Take a look at the slide image of Hallow Bastion, notice how the castle is packed tightly into a rectangular prism shape? However the cave image castle is more spread out… kinda like more like a city than a castle… kinda like… KH2 Twilight Town (OMG, wouldn’t Nomura be a complete jerk ;) to put an image of Twilight Town in KH! That ol’ rascal)!! The quality of my screen shot is ifsy but since I’ve given directions where to find this image you can go see for yourself… very, very tricksy Nomura… tricksy indeed…

Anyhoo, for your amusement, here are some more cryptic and telltale shots from Destiny Island’s Secret Place:

Donald Duck? And a Chocobo?!

Disney Castle? Or is it Hallow Bastion? Or is it that Weird Castle seen in KH:Com?!

Again I ask: Disney Castle? Hallow Bastion? That Weird Castle seen in KH:Com?!

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
That's amazing, DC. You found so much stuff. And you finally solved the mystery of that machine, I was wondering what it was. And the Ansem logo thing, man that's incredible.

But I do want to point out some things.

I think that the image in the Tarzan world is indeed Hollow Bastion, but before it was taken over by Ansem. The white side is the original side, and the brown is the side warped by the darkness and such. But you probably already knew that.

But the first castle in the cave that you posted looks definately like Mickey's castle. If you notice on the tallest tower, there's this ridge that is stereotypical of all castles (in medeival times they shot arrows from the top of the castle, so they had this sort of wave design along the top, only it was boxy), and that is used in disney's castle a lot. Also, the tops of the towers are sharply pointed.

And the second castle, I can guarnetee you that it's Mickey's castle. You can even see the flags on top of the towers.

But that third one reminds me of the wierd castle from CoM for some reason. Maybe it's an early plan?

But thanks for all the info, DC. It's awesome knowing all this stuff now.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Oh. My. Fricking. gods.

OH. MY. F*****G. GODS.

KH Premier Party.

Shut up and get your buckets ready to drool.

The party itself. Lines are **** long.

Hi, I'm Axel, and I'm going to GRIND YOU.

Hi, my name is Vixen, even though I'm probably an old man.

Hi, my name is Roxine and I'm going to cut you up a new one. Just because I'm sexy.

Hi, I don't know what MY name is, but I make Axel and Magus from Chrono Trigger look frickin tame.

They call me Dusk. Fear me.

There's an FF7 boss named Demon's Gate. Think he's a similar story.

All the rest of them are pan shots and shots of the new Heartless, but lemme find some good screens. This rules.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Kingdom Hearts Premire Party is finally over and done with, but we got a wealth of info. There was new artwork, trailers, and even playable demos of KH2 and KH:CoM!! Only press were invited and no video cameras were allowed (but I guess digital cameras were ok cuz there a bunch of pics from the Premire Party), so no availabe downloads of the new trailers (I guess we hafta wait until the Square-Enix themselves releases the new trailers to the public... the Tokyo Game Show 2005 is just a month away!!), but still plenty of new KH2 pics!! If you can access kh22.co.uk's servers (for the past two days their servers have shut down due to exceeding bandwith >.< ) I suggest you check it out! It's a UK KH site who's webmaster was invited to the Kingdom Hearts Premire Party (all the other sites with info on the Premiere Party are either Japanese, Chinese, or Korean, and even online web translators are really iffy, one calling Kingdom Hearts 2: "kingtem under chu" -_-;; ). But here's what we know so far (info gathered from kh2.co.uk):

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

KH PREMIERE PARTY
Today at Pacifico Yokohama`s "A Hall" there was an event so people can try KH:CoM and also KH2 for the first time.

- KH:CoM was divided between Agrabah and Coliseum, and KH2 was between "Beast`s Castle" and also the Coliseum.

- KH:CoM: The game is about recollecting cards actually, fights are in real time like KH and when you press the A button you use the card that you can actually see, L and R buttons are for switching among the cards, press both L and R at the same time and you will hold the card, when you hold 3 cards, press L&R again to release all at the same time, if cards are compatible the cards will combine:
1 Fire Card= Fire
1 Fire Card + 1 Fire Card = Fira
1 Cloud Card = Summon Cloud Lv.1 (Buster Sword Slash)
1 Cloud Card + 1 Cloud Card = Summon Cloud Lv.2 (Multiple attack, Omnislash style)
1 Fire Card + 1 Simba Card = Fire > Summon Simba Lv.1 (Proud Roar, small area)
??? + ??? = Sonic Rave (It was there but I couldn`t do it ><)

- After Lvl. UP you can upgrade either HP, CP (card points) or a third stat I didn`t understand (keyblade icon)

- In the menu you can check your status, your deck(s) and your rare cards.

- In the footage it appeared again the path in the grassy hill but this time it was Mickey with Riku!!! both with Unknown outfits, they where walking towards where the path divides and the red Unknown was waiting there, then it cuts and the KH:CoM logo appears.

- KH2: Battle system refined, in the menu there are 5 options, "Fight", "Magic", "Item", "Trance" and the triangle button.

- Sora fights a lot better now but there are still some of the old heartless, like Shadow, which unfortunately are still slow and dumb, so it was a bit too easy.

- "Fight": Sora seems to perform different combos at different circumstances unlike KH where it was always the same.
I also couldn`t understand the action of the square button, it wasn`t block but it also wasn`t an attack.
In air combos Sora looks like he is flying or something, in the footage they also combine air combo`s with magic or trance for more damage

- "Magic": All spells have been refined.

- Fire, no longer a fireball that you throw but now it`s a ball of fire that swirls around Sora followed by some flames, it may connect several times if the enemy is at distance(think Blizzara from FFCC but faster), maybe toned down from KH.

- Blizzard, Blizzard from KH Version UP, ultra high speed, pistol style Ice Shot.

- Thunder, hits 1 enemy, unlike KH it doesn`t hit a small radius, but a bolt falls in the enemy (FF style).
In the shortcut you can use all four buttons now, in the game it was set as Fire, Blizzard, Thunder and Potion.

- "Item" : Not much to say here now.

- "Trance"/"Drive": Selecting trance takes you to a submenu where you may select an ability, in the game there was only 1 ability (forgot the name, it was long), but it consumes 1 Trance Point, and the effect was that Sora and Goofy fused or something like that, but Goofy disappeared and Sora`s cloth became all red red and black, with red electricity around him, and holding 2 keyblades (hmm sounds like the Unknown in Hollow Bastion from KH).

- When you select an ability in the "Drive" sub menu Sora goes trough a little "transform" animation where he floats in the air and is inside a sphere of hexagonal "things" that breaks (really fast animation), then he has limited time in his "Drive" mode, the yellow trance bar becomes gray with a 5 next to it and starts decreasing, when it finishes it shines in red and becomes 4 and so until 0 where Sora returns to use only 1 keyblade.

- Sora really looks like the Unknown from Hollow Bastion from KH:FM with all the red electricity around him and he weilds 2 keyblades (Kingdom Key and Oathkeeper).

- Sora's running, reaction speed, and number of hits in combo increased.

- Also now the Square button makes a quick red energy, long range stab.

- Normal combos looked really cool and there where 2 finishing moves, I don`t know how to manipulate it.
The air combos looked like Matrix and the finished combo looked like Zantensuken of Odin from FFT.

- Also always I used Drive it was always that Goofy that disappeared, but Donald always stayed.

- You can`t use magic in Drive mode.

- Also if you are in Drive mode and enter a cutscene Sora will still appear in Drive Mode.

- "Triangle Button" : Perform action (Open, Talk)

- "Auron" : Auron (FFX) joins your party!, and fight against Hades and Cerberus.

- Hades summons Auron with 2 fireballs but Auron refuses to help him and tries to cut Hades but because Hades is more powerful he stops Auron's sword with 1 hand, then Sora and Co. comes in and Hades is really surprised like "Omae!" ("You!"), so Auron used the oportunity and cuts Hades but Hades teleports.

- After that they argue who is going to fight against Hades so the 4 fight togheter but after 1 hit you lose, so everybody flees.
In the path outside Hades castle a lot of heartless appear and a invisible wall (hexagonal style).

- Also a scrolling information screen appears saying what you need to do (FFX sensor ability style)

- So Hades is in "heat" mode (red body, red flame hair) you can`t hit him so you have to kill all the heartless to continue on the path.

- In the end Sora finds a Keyhole and opens it and everybody goes inside but Hades sends Cerberus and Auron stops the fangs with his sword, Sora is going to flee but decides to help Auron, also Donald and Goofy but the hexagonal barrier appears again so is only Sora and Auron vs Cerberus...

- "Mulan`s world confirmed" : In the KHII footage it appeared Mulan with a sword and Sora with the Keyblade protecting an old man. And also Mulan using Mushu as a lighter to set the rocket on fire in the snow mountain.

- The new white enemies are called "Dusk"

- If you enter a World you have not previously been to it'll appear as ???

- Big Black ("Peg-Leg") Pete appears in the KH2 Aladdin World, and he wear's Sora's KH2 clothes but obviously a bigger version. (DC: WTF??!)
- The AI is still a little bit... lacking, you simply just hack away (Drive mode does make this go by quicker)...

- The heartless were all around easy, only the Dusk enemies were somewhat tricky without the Drive Mode.[/i]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Cools huh? I also found some skecthes of some of the new enemies in KH2 (!!) however they are in Japanese. I can read a bit of katakana (but veeeeery little hiragana and kanji, sorry) so if anyone was wondering what some of the new Heartless are called (also if you know any kanji, please help out!!):

(upper right): "Potto hatoresu" (Pot Heartless)
(lower left): Arg, kanji >.<! Part of this kanji is the kanji for "iron," followed by "hatoresu" (Iron [armor?] Heartless)

"koumori hatoresu" (Bat Heartless, "koumori" is bat in japanese)

"furawa hatoresu" (Flower Heartless)

"dasuku" (Dusk)

Akk! More kanji... I'm 80% sure that this is the kanji for "gateway" (it looks like a combination of the kanji "door" and "gate") followed by "hatoresu" (Gateway[?] Heartless)

(ohh! I know the kanji for this one!!) "inu hatoresu" (Dog Heartless)

"gohsuto hatoresu" (Ghost Heartless)

Kawaii!! Hee hee, my fav! "kurakushion hatoresu" (uh..."Dizzy Cushion Heartless"? "kura" is the japanese sound effect used to show dizzyness or a headache, like how in western cartoons you see birds or stars circling a dizzy/headached character's head. Or it could be "Klaxion Heartless," depending on how you translate... like "rakushinu" could either be "Lakshine" or "Roxin" depending on the reading/translation, however I think "Dizzy Cushion" works best for this guy). Hee hee, the soud effects in one of the mini drawings are "suu-" (breathing in air) and "BOINGU!!" ("BOING!!"). Heh, I love this guy! The headphones are awesome!!

Zeeky H Bomb

Smash Ace
My 2 Cents.

****, Im really hopnig this game is gonna hit before The end of 2004, or at least before march. has anyone confirmed whether or not the new MP gauge is percentage based yet?

lemme check out the new worlds.

Beauty and the beast: If this is a main point in the game, it must be good. I hope they give Belle a voice this time, bugget cuts Detracted a lot of voices from most disney characters In KH1. I wonder if the Pilgrim (I forgot his name) will be a boss in this world.

The great mouse detective: Tch, Waste of time. They already did neverland, this just wouldnt catch my interest all that much, especially if you had to do something like "Ascend big ben".

Nottinghamshire/Robin hood: I always thought Robin hood and The little mermaid were THE ****. If I have to put up with that marshall..."Cracks knuckles*

Mulan: Funny, i've never seen new disney movies (I guess i kinda think there not for teenagers). Even so, Mushu was pretty cool and I would enjoy a return from him, so I cant say im not interested in this one.

Hollow bastion: I wonder if this is an actual world to play and Not just a reference point...

Disney castle: See hollow bastion.

I wonder if Disney would put in a few of their lesser known works, Such as "All dogs go to heaven", "We're back, A dinosaur tale", and "Rapunzel" (Not a disney movie?).

One more thing, IF I HAVE TO DO ATLANTICA AGAIN, AND PUT UP WITH THAT GOD**** MUSIC!! AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!

That is all....

Edit: Oh, i forgot. Any news on Riku? Thx.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Re: My 2 Cents.

Originally posted by Zeeky H Bomb
****, Im really hopnig this game is gonna hit before The end of 2004, or at least before march. has anyone confirmed whether or not the new MP gauge is percentage based yet?
Unfortunatly the game won't even be out in Japan before 2005 :(, however Square-Enix is working on trying to release the game Q1 2005 for both Japan and the US. ALSO the release date for KH:CoM has been confirmed for both Japan and the US!!

KH:CoM Japan release: 11/11/04
KH:CoM US release: 12/7/04

I wonder if Disney would put in a few of their lesser known works, Such as "All dogs go to heaven", "We're back, A dinosaur tale", and "Rapunzel" (Not a disney movie?).
The only confiremed worlds for KH2 are the following:

Hallow Bastion
Twilight Town
King Mickey's Castle
Ancient China Mulan
Ancient Greece Hercules
Fabled Countryside Beauty and the Beast

Oh, i forgot. Any news on Riku? Thx.
Yup, in the KH2 Premeire Party trailer we see a hooded Riku and a hooded King Mickey on "the crossroads" (that long dirt pathway were Sora, Goofy, and Donald ran into Pluto at the end of the first KH).

Zeeky H Bomb

Smash Ace
Q1? What does that mean? Is that Like the first quarter of the year (3 months)? I saw on Gamefaqs that the release date for KH2 is September of 2005, and i HOPE that square releases it before my birthday (June 29).

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Q1? What does that mean? Is that Like the first quarter of the year (3 months)? I saw on Gamefaqs that the release date for KH2 is September of 2005, and i HOPE that square releases it before my birthday (June 29).
Sorry, but Square-Enix stated at the KH Premiere Party that KH2 won't be out in Japan untill Q1 2005 (Q1 means Jan, Feb, or Mar). So expecting a US release before 2005 is veeeeeery unlikely. Here's a link to kh2.co.uk, the webmaster was able to attened the premire party and a lot of the news I posted here I got from their site (the link is just a temp site becuase their servers crashed due to exceeding bandwith during the Premire Party. The site will be back up 9/1/04).

Ah, don't get your hopes up with kh2.co.uk's 8/30/04 upddate. When Ultimaga refers to "the game" he means KH:CoM. Don't let the 5980 yen price, roughly $54.36 US, mislead you to think it's for KH2, that is Square-Enix's estimated price for KH:CoM, but no worries, the average GBA game in Japan is about 4800 yen. $43.67 US O_O;; !! So when KH:CoM is released in US it will probably retail for around $39.99...

Zeeky H Bomb

Smash Ace
Dreamcatcher, the latest news! Unless the game is delayed, it WILL be coming out before 9/xx/05! Square probably wont be able to make a Q1 release, but **** close to it. The only thing square has said about their release date is that they wont release Kingdom hearts 2 Until after the release of Final fantasy 12. The release date (On gamefaqs) for final fantasy 12 is 2/14/05, so it IS possible they can make a q1 release, but the game will probably be out by april or early may.

That is all!

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Well, the release date for FFXII was delayed until around summer of 2005.

But from what I'm seeing, Japan will get KH2 on September 14, 2005.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
KH: CoM will cost more than your average GBA game?

crap.

Gamespot and IGN both say CoM 's a November release. IGN is hopeful that KH2 makes U.S early 2005.

I'm hoping I can play KH2 Before I graduate (May 2005) or before I go to college (Aug-September 2005)

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I got better news: SOME SCREEN SHOTS OF THE PREMIERE PARTY DEMO!

Well, not really, but I have a hunch that's what they are.

notice Sora's new clothes, and Mulan's appearence. PH33R!

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ach! TheMagicalKuja, Squarenet.de darf nicht bilder hotlinking ;)!!

Squarenet.de doesn't allow hotlinking images. Here, I did find that same image at www.kh2.co.uk.

The new red costume is one of the "DRIVE" fusion costumes (Sora-Goofy DRIVE fusion), and the costume actually has it's own name: "BRAVE". Also a new magic spell has beed added: "Quake"! Also pictured are Hercules, Meg, Aladdin, Mulan, and Beast.

Sora(top image): 'Yeah, this is our island! That island we were on with Namine!'

Normal Riku: 'Ask your memories about the reason. If you remember why Namine disappeared from the island, you should know.'

Dark Riku: 'Sora...if you go any farther, Namine will be hurt.'

Scythe-Wielding Unknown: 'Let's have Namine lend a hand. Axel you go too. You know what to do, right?'

Vixen: 'So tell me... which is the truth to you... this "familiarity" you feel...or Namine's memories?'

Cools. These are the first images of Riku and the recently discovered Scythe-Weilding-Unknown in KH:CoM. Good stuff... and this Namine girl, who is she? We know she's the one who is seen skecthing Castle Oblivion in the KH:CoM FMV and now apperently she also was once a resident of Destiny Island and was a friend of Sora, Riku, and Kairi.

Oh yeah, about the cost: there has been rumors floating around that the cartrige size for KH:CoM will be larger than normal GBA cartriges (to store all the data for KH:CoM. This is just a rumor but this may explain why KH:CoM is more expensive than normal GBA games: 5980 yen/ $54.30 US for KH:CoM. But don't freak out, GBA games are more pricey in Japan, the average GBA game is priced about 4800 yen/ $43.45 US... whereas in the US the average GBA game runs about $29.99 US. So my estimate would be KH:CoM priced between $34.99 - $39.99.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Damm Sora's red suit is awesome. I bet when he fuses with Donald it's blue.

I need more screenshots!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Damm Sora's red suit is awesome. I bet when he fuses with Donald it's blue.
Perhaps...though Goofy has a green colour to assigned to him in the game right, and Donald blue? In that case I wouldn't count on that saying he is blue for sure...though it's still lilkely and all.

Why is there an Ansem Riku in CoM if it's set after KH?????:crazy:

Zeeky H Bomb

Smash Ace
It could do with the fact that the game is based on soras memories AFTER Kh1, which ties into h2's prologue.

Many, MANY thanks to Dkgerbil2 for these screenshots. BTW, sorry about earlier gerbil, this Run is getting to me...

BHK (Blonde haired kid) fighting Axel.

Kairi.

Sora and gang fighting a BOATLOAD of heartless.

Auron and hades.

My favorite image.

Pegasus.

Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs potts, and Chip.

Belle.

Beast.

you guys rock

That is some sweet info.
It is good to know that Pete is not really wearing Sora's cloths. That would be wierd

Thanks a ton DreamCaster and TheMagicalKuja.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
You are sad, sad little monkeys.

ARE YOU NOT AWARE THAT THE TGS 2004 TRAILER IS OUT?! Head to any number of KHsites (www.ansemreport.com or www.kingdomhearts2.net) and you'll easily see the trailer.

I can't see the trailer until the weekend (**** school computers, **** loss of my own computer!) so I'd appreciate anyone who can post pics of the new trailer...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
MY GOD THAT PREVIEW ROCKS

I dont think i could be more pumped for this game now. gotta love dual keyblades :chuckle:

Im wondering what other disney worlds they will add, perhaps some nonmovie disney stuff like Ducktales, tailspin, and most importantly Darkwing duck(you know you love it). Maybe they should have some FF worlds or somethin. I dont know, im wishing for too much >_>

WATCH THE TRAILER NOW!!!!!!!

Zeeky H Bomb

Smash Ace
Auron tries to fight off Hade's and cerberus in the trailer. The trailer also shows more Battle mechanic's halfway through. Sora's combo's now include "Blitz", and "Slapshot" in different situation's. Also, Sora goes into Drive, and gains the oathkeeper (Duh?), a WHOLE new combo system (Mostly aerial), and a massive speed/power increase. Sonic blade is in "Brave form's" drive (The Drive in which Sora merges with Goofy), and sora also pulls off a tornado like attack, and the final battle scene shows him doing a CRAZY combo with his dual keyblade's. Pete is briefly in the trailer, and theres some scene's of Ancient china (Mulan's world), the underworld, and agrabah (Im guessing this is based on "The return of jafar"[Great movie]).

So um...yeah.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sora's combo's now include "Blitz", and "Slapshot" in different situation's. Sonic blade is in "Brave form's" drive (The Drive in which Sora merges with Goofy), and sora also pulls off a tornado like attack, and the final battle scene shows him doing a CRAZY combo with his dual keyblade's. So um...yeah.
Woa, where did you find all that speciffic info (or did you just hyper-analyze the trailer yourself)? Do you know Japanese? Cools, I just know katakana (easy to pick up because katakana is mostly in actual English or sound effects. If I ever wanna learn hiragana I might as well learn to speak Japanese ;)).

Zeeky H Bomb

Smash Ace
Woa, where did you find all that speciffic info (or did you just hyper-analyze the trailer yourself)? Do you know Japanese? Cools, I just know katakana (easy to pick up because katakana is mostly in actual English or sound effects. If I ever wanna learn hiragana I might as well learn to speak Japanese ).
Not really, I just study my trailers. I have TGS 2003, E3, and TGS 2004 on my computer...i wish i knew where to find a high quality version of E3.

As for the game's release date, it has been confirmed as AFTER Final fantasy 12, and dragon warrior, but Ff12 got somewhat delayed, so the two will be closer togetehr. Square's goal is said to be late april/early may for Kh2 in japan, and probably august/september for america (Disney is gonna go fast with translation, thats one thing you can be sure of).

SakuraPichu

Smash Ace
i think this game lookes pretty good and i just might buy it. i see that it's also on game boy too. although, i think i might have to play the first one before i get the second one.

Geph

Smash Cadet
You NEED to play through the first KH regardless of whether or not you are getting the second, as it is a great game without having to resort to fanservice or other adult things. Great story, great characters, and very fun. Plus, playing KH2 would probably make no sense story-wise if you didn't know the story of the first.

Top Bottom