• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of Wifi: Link Challenge Board (NEW challege system!)

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
So...

anyone up for some games? I have 3 minutes to find a game.
first post here... anyone want to friendly me in lets say.....15 minutes?
Ughhh...gawddd I hate being idle nowadays >.> But anyway...I'll brawl either one of you two unless if you don't respond then I'm up for a few in about 20 mins from now (although I have a feeling I may get creamed again no matter how much I improve). Mehhh...I think I may know who I might be up against...

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Ughhh...gawddd I hate being idle nowadays >.> But anyway...I'll brawl either one of you two unless if you don't respond then I'm up for a few in about 20 mins from now (although I have a feeling I may get creamed again no matter how much I improve). Mehhh...I think I may know who I might be up against...
If you don't mind I think I can brawl you right now. :3

But if you want to wait a few minutes for them to respond that would be alright as well. I'll give ya 10 minutes if you want (I want it too actually because I'm finishing up an essay; 10 minutes should do it).

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
If you don't mind I think I can brawl you right now. :3

But if you want to wait a few minutes for them to respond that would be alright as well. I'll give ya 10 minutes if you want (I want it too actually because I'm finishing up an essay; 10 minutes should do it).
I knew it! lol jkjkjk but yeah sure I don't mind :] Yeah actually I have a few duties to deal with so yeah 10 minutes is good enough. I shall see you on wi-fi by then ^^

(And I need to start getting on these forums more often than I used to...)

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
ehh I'm free. I got nothing to do right now so some1 tell me if they want to fight me.
Probably after I get my match with Anonano dealt with, if it's possible, I'd like to brawl you after ^^

As a matter of fact nvm...I shall brawl you in about 10 minutes :D Is that fine with you? And plus I'll have to try to squeeze your FC in my roster ^^;;

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
1. I knew it! lol jkjkjk but yeah sure I don't mind :] Yeah actually I have a few duties to deal with so yeah 10 minutes is good enough. I shall see you on wi-fi by then ^^

2. (And I need to start getting on these forums more often than I used to...)
I numbered points in your post I wish to discuss.

1. You bet! I'm always available to play matches! Except I'm not! But every time I am on that I CAN play I am always happy to do WiFi with anybody!

2. Yes, you do!

umm sure I'll be on in a few.
Lol. Enjoy fighting Star!

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Soon as you're done let me know, 'cause I've got nothing to do...
I'm done...Bomber7 wins 3-0. Gahhh...he switched characters too much while I stayed as Link but out of three Link matches, he won all three. And to Bomber7, that very last friendlie where I used Wolf, that last KO was by accident!!! lol XD My hands were already slipping...that usually happens. Ay nako (meaning omg)...I think I'm done with the dittos for now ~___~ With all these losses...mehhh just for the info, I was never the competitive-type of brawler :/

My current record now: starfire_jirachi [0-3] - lost to Anonano 0-3, lost to Ritch 0-3, lost to Bomber7 0-3

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Ay nako (meaning omg)...I think I'm done with the dittos for now ~___~ With all these losses...mehhh just for the info, I was never the competitive-type of brawler :/

My current record now: starfire_jirachi [0-3] - lost to Anonano 0-3, lost to Ritch 0-3, lost to Bomber7 0-3
I'm guessing this means you won't play me *sigh* It's okay though. PM me if you ever want to play me today.

Don't get down on yourself. You probably don't have as much experience as most of us on these boards. I've spent years playing people on Melee and Brawl (albeit only recently against true competitive players in my area), and Ritch is just flat-out awesome with very few to match him on WiFi. (I don't know anything about Bomber7...)
So you're going up against very serious, competitive players. If you're not a competitive player then there's nothing to be taken seriously from this, for you or any of us.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I just started going to monthly tournies this past July. I dont play link that much. He is just one of my back up characters along with Pit. But he is still Link to me. I main TL and I hang out on the TL boards alot and I have alot good teachers over there to give me advice. I just applied what I knew from TL to Link. To me there wasnt much of a difference or difficulty switching b/t the two. I'm in for the night but I'll gladly play you Ano. ^^ but not today.

sasook

Smash Champion
Starfire, Ritch can go toe-to-toe with Blubba. If you still dunno what that means, check the tier list. lol

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Don't get down on yourself. You probably don't have as much experience as most of us on these boards. I've spent years playing people on Melee and Brawl (albeit only recently against true competitive players in my area), and Ritch is just flat-out awesome with very few to match him on WiFi. (I don't know anything about Bomber7...)
So you're going up against very serious, competitive players. If you're not a competitive player then there's nothing to be taken seriously from this, for you or any of us.
I guess you do have a point...and no I'm not taking it seriously. I know how things go. Anyway I've actually played the smash series for a mere 2+ years now. Yeah I've only started playing Melee since late-April of 2006...and indeed I can admit that I still have more to learn in both games. I honestly play vidgames for fun, which is why I call myself a casual-type of brawler. The last time I felt competitive was the last time I played any pokemon d/p-related games...and probably the next time I'm feeling competitve is when the NSFA (a youtube all-girls brawl clan I'm in...and the members there cannot take down my Link although they're seriously good) starts a clan war a few weeks from now. Okay I wouldn't say I never felt competitive...it just rarely happens. The least I can do for now is just to keep on practicing and trying out different combos against my usual opponents I brawl online. And also, I'm going to need to gather some more knowledge.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I guess you do have a point...and no I'm not taking it seriously. I know how things go. Anyway I've actually played the smash series for a mere 2+ years now. Yeah I've only started playing Melee since late-April of 2006...and indeed I can admit that I still have more to learn in both games. I honestly play vidgames for fun, which is why I call myself a casual-type of brawler. The last time I felt competitive was the last time I played any pokemon d/p-related games...and probably the next time I'm feeling competitve is when the NSFA (a youtube all-girls brawl clan I'm in...and the members there cannot take down my Link although they're seriously good) starts a clan war a few weeks from now. Okay I wouldn't say I never felt competitive...it just rarely happens. The least I can do for now is just to keep on practicing and trying out different combos against my usual opponents I brawl online. And also, I'm going to need to gather some more knowledge.
You just sound down is all. Cheer up, chin high!

And if anyone wants to brawl I'll be downstairs on my Wii. :ohwell:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
hey Starfire, GG's. Overall you have a mid level skill with link from what I can see. I cant really say much seeing as I dont play any Links. Though what made our matches all the easier was how much rolling you did. It's ok to roll some times but not as a form of movement across the stage like you did. IT's easy to punish. Idk much about link but to me he is still a link, so I guess try to learn to arrow cancel. right before oyu lang, fire your bow. if timed right you eliminate lag. Also Link has a better Zair than TL so I'd love to see some of you guys abuse that on me. Cuz lets face it Zair, not my thing right now but it does come in handy for both links. Nair is definatly your best friend and so are your projectiles, spacing is one of the keys to a good Link game.

Think thats all the advice I can give you right now. GG's just the same =D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ok ill register you. my comp is giving me problems with internet so im lucky to be typing this. WIFI is up however. I';l make the room.

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
ok man!! sorry for late response.. adding you now

EDIT: I keep getting error code when i try connecting to you... can i try to host??

sasook

Smash Champion
Guys, I think Ich said that if you want to post messages regarding stuff like exchanging codes or "getting on now" and stuff, use the chat, don't post it here. It just clogs up space.

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
Guys, I think Ich said that if you want to post messages regarding stuff like exchanging codes or "getting on now" and stuff, use the chat, don't post it here. It just clogs up space.
sorry sasook, i only did that cuz bomber said the chat wasnt working for him. anyhow we didnt even have the match so the posts can be deleted if any1 wants to clear up space!!

EDIT: NVM i had just assumed the chat wasnt working for him since he said he was having computer problems... my bad.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
??? I'm sorry I'm a bit confused as to how it "cloggs up space"

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah, space doesn't clog up, but it would help me out if you used this thread to find someone to brawl and then set it up in the chatroom or through pm's. That way i wouldn't have to look through too many post when i am updating the OP and looking for people who posted results.

So ideally two people find each other and agree to a fight here and then you guys can handle the setup (like problems with registering, "hey where are you?", "it's not working", and other things like that) through the options i mentioned.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Hey Bomber7, you available to play right now? If you want we can start out with Link dittos then go any character as soon as someone hits 3 wins.

Kief

Smash Ace
alright so i have a tournament this saturday. its only a local but its also my first. i've always played link but just recently started trying to get competitive with him. anyway i'd love to find a few people to practice and play friendlies with. im fine with link dittos but i'd like to play someone who can use many different characters (marth and ike in particular). i want to get a look at as many different characters as i can. i know my gameplay is lacking and there are many ways i can improve. i'm not that good. i also know theres a lot to learn from losing but i dont see much sense in getting 3-stocked left and right. so not facing hardcore pro players would be ideal for me. PM me if you wanna brawl. i'll notice it easier and it wont take up space here. thanks and sorry for the wall of words lol.

sasook

Smash Champion
Gametable' s a no for me guys, sorry T-T

I just don't have time for it, with my mom being in the hospital and my dad having a severe case of food poisoning. Maybe some other time :(

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Gametable' s a no for me guys, sorry T-T

I just don't have time for it, with my mom being in the hospital and my dad having a severe case of food poisoning. Maybe some other time :(
Noooo. D: Well I hope they feel better and all that. There's supposed to be a snow storm starting around 12PM anyway that could result in 4-6 ft or something like that tommorow. So we're gonna get snowed in at the tournament. xD

sasook

Smash Champion
lol he didn't "just miss you" unless you count almost 2.5 hours as "just missed you" rofl

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
I've played Kirin before, but only in a online tourney grand finals match set. When he went Link, it lag so bad he sded :( He still won though 5-4 with Falco :p

Anyways if anybody else wants to play im up, just meet me in the chat

Top Bottom