• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Steve Mayles has further shared his thoughts on King K. Rool's inclusion.

After reading the article, I can see how it could be scary to not know how other people would handle your character behind your back. I do agree that if anyone could reimagine King K. Rool successfully, Sakurai would be up there since the man is a perfectionist. Dixie and Banjo would be cool too of course, interesting that he states he wants Dixie's kneepads from Country 2 and 3 back.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Is there a way to make time go faster to december so i can play as this croc? :)
Try doing a victory lap for :ultkrool: by replaying the DKC Trilogy (and DK64 if you want to) in your free time. That way you'll have a nice warm up to defeating K. Rool, so when December 7th comes you'll be ready to finally BE K. Rool!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Do a 100% All Collectibles run. By the time you finish, it'll be February
When I went through DK64, I tried to do an 'all Golden Bananas' run. Then I had to get that Beaver Bother minigame in Frantic Factory, and noped out of that idea.

Still is nice to finally say I've completed it though.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Heads up Kutthroats, there's a storm ahead. Now, K. Rool supporters of course don't have to worry, we have our character, but if you support anyone else not confirmed yet, someone is claiming to have their hands on a Smash Bros Ultimate demo, and they have some very solid proof. Be wary as leaks will likely be abound.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Heads up Kutthroats, there's a storm ahead. Now, K. Rool supporters of course don't have to worry, we have our character, but if you support anyone else not confirmed yet, someone is claiming to have their hands on a Smash Bros Ultimate demo, and they have some very solid proof. Be wary as leaks will likely be abound.
This was proven false like a few minutes ago.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
source?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

K.K. Slider

Smash Rookie
Just saw. Well, back to the usual grind.

Yeah I mean, the more you looked at the Reddit page the more you knew it was bogus. He would only answer questions that are already known and was completely avoiding more screenshots and stuff.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
When I went through DK64, I tried to do an 'all Golden Bananas' run. Then I had to get that Beaver Bother minigame in Frantic Factory, and noped out of that idea.

Still is nice to finally say I've completed it though.
You made the right call, there are not one, but two more Beaver Bother minigames in Creepy Castle, and they're both a harder version.

That being said, as someone who grew up with it, getting 100% in DK64 is much easier than people make it out to be. I make a point to do it annually, even getting regular Bananas. There are really annoying Bananas like Beaver Bother but it's pretty comparable to Banjo-Tooie in terms of how long it takes to 100%.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I Love their reaction!

Japan seriously loves King K. Rool. You should have saw the tweets that were made on the day of his reveal. It was flooded with so much love and hype for the character. I still can't believe he got the top trend of Japan immediately after his reveal and having it stay that way for a little more than 5 hours. It was crazy. This just goes to show K. Rool's fanbase goes both nationally and internationally. He's a worldwide icon!

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
i was so happy seeing the announcement.
i was one of the people in the #crocthevote campaign.
in my eyes, with k. rool, every character i could possibly want is in smash. his theme even has a cheesy rap that would make grant kirkhope proud!
bonus points, richter belmont, my favorite belmont, is ALSO in smash.
so in my eyes, the roster is complete. maybe a new pokemon from gen 7, or somesuch, but anything announced after k. rool is going to just be a (very, very welcome) bonus!
also i, being unable to speak japanese was able to pick up by the mans tone in the video in darkfoxteams post that k. rool has fans from across the world!
beautiful thing!

Last edited:

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys ever just open up a pic of K. Rool's render and just stare at it? I always find myself going to smash wiki and scrolling down to the pictures of characters to see K Rool and Ridley just chilling there with the other playable characters and it's amazing every time.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yesss. I'm still taking it in! A LOT of stars have to align for a character to get in Smash, and K . Rool could have been left out , but he wasn't. That's amazing!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I don't think it will truly sink in until I select K. Rool on the character selection screen and hearing the announcer say "KING K. ROOL". Then it will finalize when K. Rool enters the battlefield in my first match with him.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I don't think it will truly sink in until I select K. Rool on the character selection screen and hearing the announcer say "KING K. ROOL". Then it will finalize when K. Rool enters the battlefield in my first match with him.
It won't truly sink into me until I put my K.Rool amiibo on my shelf with my other 50+ amiibo. Be with the rest of the Nintendo characters where he belongs! I can have K.Rool next to Marina, Pearl, Callie, Marie, Wolf Link/Midna, Toad, Waluigi, Tiki, Alm, Celica, Toon Zelda, Waddle Dee, Boo, Chibi-Robo, Mr. Resetti, K.K. Slider, and of course all the other characters that are already in Smash as playable characters that I also own as amiibo.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Yesss. I'm still taking it in! A LOT of stars have to align for a character to get in Smash, and K . Rool could have been left out , but he wasn't. That's amazing!
And align they did when all those stars wrote in to support him in the ballot

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
It won't sink in for me until I finally have the game, unlock all the characters, and then just stare at the character select screen for a solid twenty minutes. This roster is something that's truly, to reuse a joke that everyone has made, ULTIMATE.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
With the whole current leak fiasco it's so great to be a King K. Rool fan just sitting back and relaxing not worrying that he's not in.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
With the whole current leak fiasco it's so great to be a King K. Rool fan just sitting back and relaxing not worrying that he's not in.
Yeah, in the months between E3 and K. Rool's reveal I was genuinely worried about his inclusion. And single-mindedly focused on it. To the extent that this was pretty much the only thread I posted in here.

With him confirmed, speculation is so much less stressful now, and is much more enjoyable. While I still of course have characters I want and am pulling for, there are none that if they didn't make it I'd be devastated. Which would definitely have been the case for King K. Rool.

well guys n girls its been a long ride, and i was happy to be a part of this community for so long, i know the shock wore off for a lot of people but it still is really cool that king k rool finnaly got in....i made great freinds here, made good and bad memories and all that stuff, this will be my last post here for awhile.....the reason is because now that i got my 3 most wanted characters (king k rool, ridley, and simon belmont) i just dont feel like speculating anymore....it gets stressfull sometimes so i will be on discord mostly from now on.

but before i go i wanted to leave my contribution to k rool getting konfirmed, almost 5 years ago i drew this drawing of k rool in microsoft paint
my king k.rool drawing edit.png

wow that was a long time ago! , i drew many other things over the years but this one held a special place with me so in celebration i re drew it as best as i could with all of my drawing experience over the years.
My very first king k rool art remade konfirmed.png

this one was also drawn in microsoft paint, this is king k rool sailing from crocodile isle torwards dk isle to go fight donkey kong and diddy kong! (also to kick dedede's butt for impersonating him) its the new model of rool from smash bros ultimate, i included the blunderbuss, copter pack, and kaptains hat because he uses them in smash bros....so it makes sense for him to take them, also you may have noticed that he has a smash bros letter invitation in his hands now!

well thats it from me, i hope you all have a great time and a good future!

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
well guys n girls its been a long ride, and i was happy to be a part of this community for so long, i know the shock wore off for a lot of people but it still is really cool that king k rool finnaly got in....i made great freinds here, made good and bad memories and all that stuff, this will be my last post here for awhile.....the reason is because now that i got my 3 most wanted characters (king k rool, ridley, and simon belmont) i just dont feel like speculating anymore....it gets stressfull sometimes so i will be on discord mostly from now on.

but before i go i wanted to leave my contribution to k rool getting konfirmed, almost 5 years ago i drew this drawing of k rool in microsoft paint
View attachment 160570
wow that was a long time ago! , i drew many other things over the years but this one held a special place with me so in celebration i re drew it as best as i could with all of my drawing experience over the years.
View attachment 160571
this one was also drawn in microsoft paint, this is king k rool sailing from crocodile isle torwards dk isle to go fight donkey kong and diddy kong! (also to kick dedede's butt for impersonating him) its the new model of rool from smash bros ultimate, i included the blunderbuss, copter pack, and kaptains hat because he uses them in smash bros....so it makes sense for him to take them, also you may have noticed that he has a smash bros letter invitation in his hands now!

well thats it from me, i hope you all have a great time and a good future!
Watching you evolve as an artist really has been something. It's been great having you here! Hopefully we'll run into each other on the battlefield at some point. Take care!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I agree completely. I mentioned King K. Rool's name in passing during the Direct at least six times before he was revealed, regardless if it was the banana gun, Sakurai saying another new character during the Castlevania segment, or even the Monster Hunter stage. I was so scared for the worst, I thought King K. Rool could have shown up as an assist trophy at any point and it would have devastated me. I was even thinking of him during the E3 Direct too.

I probably would go more insane than I already was if they never revealed King K. Rool that day, so yes, I am very relieved and happy that I can wait these next three months without being paranoid about the only character I wanted. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting for their most wanted character, it's a very bumpy ride to be sure.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I agree with you, Jetsurge Jetsurge . It IS wonderful to know that I don't care if the leak is real or not. Rool's in, that's all I personally care about. I have a few characters I'd love to see as bonuses, but I won't cry if they're not it the way I would have if Rool had missed again.

I don't care honestly, and it feels great.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I agree with you, Jetsurge Jetsurge . It IS wonderful to know that I don't care if the leak is real or not. Rool's in, that's all I personally care about. I have a few characters I'd love to see as bonuses, but I won't cry if they're not it the way I would have if Rool had missed again.

I don't care honestly, and it feels great.
Yeah, at this point I only would like to see a couple more characters, but I don't even want anyone as much as I did with King K. Rool. Dixie Kong absolutely deserves to be in since she would complete the DK series nicely. I think Bandana Dee derserves to be playable as well since Kirby is popular enough to warrant a fourth character. It would be cool to see some characters like Isaac and Geno to throw fans a bone, but they feel like extras at this point in my opinion.

Overall, bringing back all returning characters plus Inkling, Ridley, Simon, and King K. Rool seems like a very complete roster, with only a handful of characters missing that could enchance the roster the same way Ridley and King K. Rool do. I feel that the game could be released right now with everything we know about it, and millions of people would be happy and buy it. Even then, there are still some things we do not even know about yet, and that just blows my mind.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I agree with the worry-free mentality! It is so nice to be able to accept anything else we get with open arms. Any combination of at least 2 of these would be nice though. Skull Kid, Geno, Banjo, and Rayman.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Yeah, for the most part, leaks don't scare me. I want Bandana Dee still, but otherwise this roster is already very complete for me.

Top Bottom