• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Getting in on the worry free mentality. I've been shilling for King K. Rool and Ridley on internet forums since 2003. All those pre release hype trains ending up in disappointment was awful, LOL. There was two times I would have bet my life on K. Rool getting in (Ridley was always a harder pick), smash 4 pre release and smash 4 DLC. Finally having both my guys in after wanting them since melee, when I was a pubescent child, is pure ****ing serenity lmao

Geno was the other guy I wanted with them, but I never had much hope. It's actually looking pretty good for him right now though..

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Getting in on the worry free mentality. I've been shilling for King K. Rool and Ridley on internet forums since 2003. All those pre release hype trains ending up in disappointment was awful, LOL. There was two times I would have bet my life on K. Rool getting in (Ridley was always a harder pick), smash 4 pre release and smash 4 DLC. Finally having both my guys in after wanting them since melee, when I was a pubescent child, is pure ****ing serenity lmao

Geno was the other guy I wanted with them, but I never had much hope. It's actually looking pretty good for him right now though..
Welcome aboard, fellow reptilian connoisseur!

Edit: I apologize if I'm a bit late on doing this.

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
God I hated that cartoon as a kid. Lol. Do you know how hard it is to hate cartoons as a kid? Nevermind one about your favorite video game characters and series?!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I actually always liked the DKC cartoon. I used to have the Crystal Coconut VHS tape, and I found King K. Rool in it to be so hillarious. I got a kick on how imcompetent Klump and Krusha were, and how King K. Rool reacted to their anatics. The cartoon was always one of the reasons I liked King K. Rool so much.

I know the cartoon is really cheesey and badly animated, but I feel that is part of its charm. It was never designed to be looked at critically, or be the best video game show or anything, or to send deep messages and morals to its viewers. It's just designed to be good ol' campy fun, and that alone made it enjoyable for me, both as a kid and even today. Plus, two words; the music.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
The music was a complete 180 from David wise, and another reason I hated it. The art design/graphics/whatever was another 180. You go from one of the best looking snes games with GOAT video game music to -that-, lol

K Rool was good but I can't forgive them for what they did to DK. DK is supposed to be a king! They made him into a jabroni

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
The new Nintendo Power podcast is up where JC of the Treehouse talks about K.Rool (as well as other characters like Daisy and Chrom). They skipped over the Belmonts for some reason...

Not sure if I believe JC about "screaming internally" about his reveal. The impression I got off of him from his twitter is that he didn't particularly care for K.Rool due to all the memes he's posted.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The new Nintendo Power podcast is up where JC of the Treehouse talks about K.Rool (as well as other characters like Daisy and Chrom). They skipped over the Belmonts for some reason...

Not sure if I believe JC about "screaming internally" about his reveal. The impression I got off of him from his twitter is that he didn't particularly care for K.Rool due to all the memes he's posted.
Are these the same people who didn't feel like talking about the Kremlings when they discussed DK villains a few months/years ago? I feel like they are.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Man, seeing King K. Rool back is still such an emotional thing. Especially if the rumours are true, that Nintendo will start to stop ignoring him. It's a joyful thing. I...I'm still in a tiny bit of denial, but the GOOD denial. It still feels like a dream. I think I'll get over it only when I get to finally pick him and play him.

Ultimate is gonna be amazing.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Just saw. Well, back to the usual grind.

When I said he was lying, people called me a troll and generally thought I was ruining the thread. I got called ignorant for not being fooled haha
(Fake laugh hiding real pain)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
When I said he was lying, people called me a troll and generally thought I was ruining the thread. I got called ignorant for not being fooled haha
(Fake laugh hiding real pain)
This is what I feel all the time. People jump on fake leak hypes all the time. It seriously puts a stain on speculation. I haven't believed any leak as of yet, even Vergeben. I'll believe it if they post screenshots and the like.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
This is what I feel all the time. People jump on fake leak hypes all the time. It seriously puts a stain on speculation. I haven't believed any leak as of yet, even Vergeben. I'll believe it if they post screenshots and the like.
I agree, I won't believe a rumor just on the merit that it exists, it has to be convincing, and it definitely needs visual proof. Whatever happened to "pics or it didn't happen"?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I agree, I won't believe a rumor just on the merit that it exists, it has to be convincing, and it definitely needs visual proof. Whatever happened to "pics or it didn't happen"?
Pics or it didn’t happen.. Quite a long time since I read that. Might be a reason why it’s all gone down the drain.

StormC

Smash Hero
After K. Rool got in, I found myself wanting Banjo much more to the point where he became my most wanted character (with Dixie and Bandana Dee behind him), but even though I'd really like it to happen, I know it's ultimately a longshot and I won't be too disappointed if he isn't in. I said I would be 100% satisfied with the roster if K. Rool got in and I'm sticking to that. I feel like a greedy POS even asking for more after everything Sakurai's given us.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Because I clearly hate myself, I'm reposting the old K. Rool rap I posted in one of the old threads over 3 years ago.

So he's finally here, performing for you
If you know the words, you can join in too
Put your jaws together, if you want to chomp
As we take you through this Kremling romp
Huh!!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!

He's the leader of the krew, he's the king too
He's finally back to run 'em through
His blunderbuss can fire in spurts
If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too
He's the first member of the Kremling Krew
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!
K. Rool! King K. Rool is here!

This kroc's got style, so listen up dudes
He can change his clothes, to suit his mood
He's quick and nimble when he needs to be
He can throw his crown and use 'tricity
If you choose him, you'll never not smile
With a skip and a hop, he's one cool 'dile
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!

He has no mercy, he's no nice guy
This kroc has a crazy eye
He can disappear when he needs to
And drop cannonballs, just for you
Thowing his gloves at those baboons
This crazy kroc just digs this tune
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!
K. Rool! King K. Rool!

He's back again and about time too
And this time he's in the mood
He can fly high with his copter pack
With his boxing skills he'll beat that Mac
He'll make you smile when his tune plays
But Kongs beware 'cause it's the end of your days
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!
Huh!

Finally, it's the last verse
Let's hope this song doesn't get worse
This kroc's so strong, it isn't funny
Can make a Kong cry out for mummy
Can smack a homerun with relative ease
Beating Kongs is such a breeze
He don't move slow, he can jump high
So this kroc's one hell of a guy
Huh!

C'mon Klump, take it to the swamp!

Klaptraps, Kritters, Krash and Krusha
Kannon, Kobble, Klank and Kruncha
Ahh yeah!!

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Because I clearly hate myself, I'm reposting the old K. Rool rap I posted in one of the old threads over 3 years ago.

So he's finally here, performing for you
If you know the words, you can join in too
Put your jaws together, if you want to chomp
As we take you through this Kremling romp
Huh!!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!

He's the leader of the krew, he's the king too
He's finally back to run 'em through
His blunderbuss can fire in spurts
If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too
He's the first member of the Kremling Krew
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!
K. Rool! King K. Rool is here!

This kroc's got style, so listen up dudes
He can change his clothes, to suit his mood
He's quick and nimble when he needs to be
He can throw his crown and use 'tricity
If you choose him, you'll never not smile
With a skip and a hop, he's one cool 'dile
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!

He has no mercy, he's no nice guy
This kroc has a crazy eye
He can disappear when he needs to
And drop cannonballs, just for you
Thowing his gloves at those baboons
This crazy kroc just digs this tune
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!
K. Rool! King K. Rool!

He's back again and about time too
And this time he's in the mood
He can fly high with his copter pack
With his boxing skills he'll beat that Mac
He'll make you smile when his tune plays
But Kongs beware 'cause it's the end of your days
Huh!

K. Rool! King K. Rool!
Huh!

Finally, it's the last verse
Let's hope this song doesn't get worse
This kroc's so strong, it isn't funny
Can make a Kong cry out for mummy
Can smack a homerun with relative ease
Beating Kongs is such a breeze
He don't move slow, he can jump high
So this kroc's one hell of a guy
Huh!

C'mon Klump, take it to the swamp!

Klaptraps, Kritters, Krash and Krusha
Kannon, Kobble, Klank and Kruncha
Ahh yeah!!
Keep away from flammable material

StormC

Smash Hero
Anyone else think K. Rool looks weird in the CGI trailer but looks great in-game?
I sorta get what you mean. He doesn’t really feel “on model” in the trailer but when I see him in game, I’m like “yep, that’s K. Rool.”

Maybe the animators took a slightly different route with a character that was being rebuilt for the HD era.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
After K. Rool got in, I found myself wanting Banjo much more to the point where he became my most wanted character (with Dixie and Bandana Dee behind him), but even though I'd really like it to happen, I know it's ultimately a longshot and I won't be too disappointed if he isn't in. I said I would be 100% satisfied with the roster if K. Rool got in and I'm sticking to that. I feel like a greedy POS even asking for more after everything Sakurai's given us.
I'm in the exact same boat, from thinking about Banjo more due to K. Rool's inclusion, to having sworn that I would be 100% satisfied if K. Rool is in, and I also plan to stick to that. If anyone else I want gets in, incredible, but each and every day I'm ****ing stoked K. Rool is in and no other character's exclusion can take that away.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
K. Rool's reveal along with Ridley is what brought back my inner child and childhood for Nintendo back into me and starting playing all the games again. So hyped in maining him. :D

Won't be a while though to getting a Switch since it'll be down the road when I'm living at my own place.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Didn't Sakurai mention having to squish K. Rool a little to make him stand upright? Maybe that's the difference between trailer Rool and game Rool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still think K.Rool is probably gonna be the heaviest and strongest character in the game.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Since we're postin old fanmade DK raps, here's the old croc fact of the day rap.

(Here we go)

So they're finally here!
Performing for you!
If you're related to birds
You can
Join
In
Too!
Put your jaws together
If you wanna snap
As we take you through
This reptile rap!
HUH
Croc Fact!
Of the Day!

He's the most studied of the bunch
Americans know him well
He's back from the brink
He makes ducks sink!
His powerful jaws
Can make wooden beams cry
If he death rolls
You're gonna die
He's bigger
Faster
More cold-tolerant, too
He's the first member
Of the Kool Croc Krew!

(I'm skipping the refrain)

This croc's got style
So listen up, Cubans!
She can hunt in packs
For tasty humans
She's quick and aggressive when she needs to be
She can cruise through a swamp
And gallop at high speeds
If you chose her
Your choice just rocks
With a snap and a snarl
She's one Kool Croc!

He has no style
He has no grace
This croc
Has a funny face
He can guard hatchlings
When he needs to
And annoy fishermen
Just for you!
Inflate his nose
Just like a balloon
This krazy croc
Might be extinct soon. :(

He's back again
And about time, now
And this croc's smaller than a sea cow
He can swim up rapids
With his super-smooth snout
With his fangs showing
You'd better watch out!
His tiny sharp smile
Rises up from the gloom
But piranhas beware
'Cause he's after you!

Finally, he's here for you
It's the last member
Of the Kool Croc Krew!
This croc's so strong
It isn't funny
Can make a great white
Cry out for mummy
Can travel the oceans
With relative ease
Makes island hopping
Seem such a breeze!
He may be mean
Causes tons of people to die
But this croc's
One hell of a guy!

C'mon, Yacare!
Hide under the bridge!
Osteoderms, child care, nicticating membranes
Salt glands, four-chambered hearts
And powerful brains!
Osteoderms, child care, nicticating membranes
Salt glands, four-chambered hearts
And powerful brains!
Aw yeah!

And the explanation, since it's been a long time since the croc fact days.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I doubt anyone is going to out-strong Ganondorf, but weight is a pretty safe assumption.
I would've said that Ganondorf doesn't have a aerial attack that does 20%+ damage, but am pretty sure D Air does. Anyway, K.Rool is surely in Top 5. DK might also be up there, amongst Ike and Bowser of course. Mewtwo seems to be up there as well.

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
I doubt anyone is going to out-strong Ganondorf, but weight is a pretty safe assumption.
I was thinking the same. My opinion is that DK should be the physically strongest and K.Rool about as strong as him. Won't be the case but should be :D

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I was thinking the same. My opinion is that DK should be the physically strongest and K.Rool about as strong as him. Won't be the case but should :D
Donkey STRONK!!! That scene when you beat Kaptain K.Rool in DKC2 should've said enough. Triforce of Power be damned, eat a Giant moon-out-of-orbit-shaking Punch!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
A thought occurs that Lord Fredrick could become an Echo if not this game, then maybe the next Smash.

Wonder if the response would be harshly negative or just apathetic.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
A thought occurs that Lord Fredrick could become an Echo if not this game, then maybe the next Smash.

Wonder if the response would be harshly negative or just apathetic.
Methinks that atleast partially varies depending on whether Dixie makes the cut first or not. ....Or that's my mentality, anyways...

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Lord Frederick has no reason to be a playable character at all even as an echo.

There are much better echos possible! Within DK series and outside it.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I like Lord Fredrick he was a good King K. Nockoff. (Which is real ironic that K.Rool haters use the "He's a Bowser knockoff" but don't mind Fredrick for some reason. So I guess Fredrick is a double Bowser knockoff then?)

Anyway I'm getting off track I like Fredrick but he has no reason to be in Smash he's a one-off one time villain (so far). Maybe if he re-appears and gets some more appearances under his belt than maybe...but at this point it would be like adding Wingo, Phantoon, Wart, Tatanga, Zant, General Scales, Marx, Tiki Tong, Ghastly Kong, Army Dillo, or any other countless one-off Nintendo villains to Smash. I'd rather the character roster not get TOO diluted and full of one-off barely all-star characters.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
There are tons of better DK and other Nintendo characters than Lord Frederick for Smash.

And I also think Lord Frederick is OK. Snowmads are great.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You know what's nice? Being able to look at fake leaks and not go "Well ****, why isn't K. Rool leaking?" and/or "That better be fake, there's no K. Rool..."

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
Donkey STRONK!!! That scene when you beat Kaptain K.Rool in DKC2 should've said enough. Triforce of Power be damned, eat a Giant moon-out-of-orbit-shaking Punch!
Don't forget Lord Fredrick's flight lesson after DK beats him or how in Jungle Beat DK just basically overpowers everything. Was a great fun to pummel and throw Ghastly King around like a ragdoll :D

Top Bottom