• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, Smash Ultimate comes out Dec. 7th, that means we literally only have 4 months, August, September, October, and November for reveals.

Like we're literally 4 months till launch. We'll probably get a direct in August, but again it may only be one newcomer reveal. So then we have just 3 months left. We're cutting it close.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, Smash Ultimate comes out Dec. 7th, that means we literally only have 4 months, August, September, October, and November for reveals.

Like we're literally 4 months till launch. We'll probably get a direct in August, but again it may only be one newcomer reveal. So then we have just 3 months left. We're cutting it close.
Part of the reason I’m really hoping for a King K Rool/Dixie Kong reveal. There the only two I could see doubling up, and together they’d generate so much hype for the entire community (Seriously, I doubt you’d find anyone disappointed other than people who are more obsessed with seeing the Kroc NOT be in the game to spite fans). Two substantial character reveals.

I guess it’s kind of a long shot, but it feels so right.

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
Weren't there moments in Smash 4 pre-release where there wasn't a Direct and they just announced an upcoming video? I guess these "leakers" just forget that it's a possibility.

cybersai

Smash Ace
My guess how the 4 months of reveals can go:

August: Ashley, if only because Wario Ware Gold came out this month
September: Dixie and K. Rool revealed together in a DK trailer
October: Simon Belmont for Halloween
November: New Pokemon, maybe Geno and whatever last few echoes there are

There's also the possibility one or more characters will kept secret till launch, I remember Duck Hunt Dog didn't get "officially" revealed till after the game released, we only found out about him due to all the leakers.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
My guess how the 4 months of reveals can go:

August: Ashley, if only because Wario Ware Gold came out this month
September: Dixie and K. Rool revealed together in a DK trailer
October: Simon Belmont for Halloween
November: New Pokemon, maybe Geno and whatever last few echoes there are

There's also the possibility one or more characters will kept secret till launch, I remember Duck Hunt Dog didn't get "officially" revealed till after the game released, we only found out about him due to all the leakers.
That makes sense to me, although I could also see a double Simon and Ashley reveal since they're both Halloween/horror themed characters. It ties into the whole haunted mansion theme Ashley has going for her.

And if those are the final characters, I would be very happy with those choices.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That makes sense to me, although I could also see a double Simon and Ashley reveal since they're both Halloween/horror themed characters. It ties into the whole haunted mansion theme Ashley has going for her.

And if those are the final characters, I would be very happy with those choices.
Halloween isn't really a big deal in Japan, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben has also had a number of misses in terms of predictions for games and announcements all around. He’s basically throwing all kinds of stuff out there and some of it is correct, but a fair amount isn’t as well.

Remember he also said Simon Belmont was supposed to be revealed at E3 and he wasn’t regarding Smash.
Wait, when did he say that? I don't recall so does anyone have a link?

StormC

Smash Hero
If Vergeben is to be believed, the newcomer list looks like this so far:

Inkling
Ridley
Simon Belmont
Isabelle
Gen 7 Pokemon

In my opinion, he's the closest thing we have to an actual inside source, he predicted Ridley would be playable at E3 for cryin' out loud. He's also been correct about a lot of other Bandai Namco reveals. With that in mind, I really don't think we'll be getting K. Rool. A gen 7 pokemon is the safest/lamest character to include in the game at this point, and feel we should have heard something from Vergeben about K Rool if Sakurai was going to use him in the game.
1) We have yet to see any of these new characters get confirmed.
2) If we run with his claim that there are at least six more reveals left, K. Rool being one of them is perfectly plausible.

I'm seeing people in multiple threads already act like their favorite character is deconfirmed. Let's wait and get some actual news before freaking out.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
There was today on Gamefaqs another post about Vergeben's leaks that got deleted. There he stated that the 7th gen pokémon wasn't going to be Decidueye, Mimikyu neither Lycanroc. I tried to ask him about our King again, but no response one. It seems that K. Rool's chances are way high, he's the top """leaked""" character on every """leak""", but no """certified""" leaker wants to guarantee his inclusion yet. If he is in, maybe it's one of the top secrets of SSBU, like Ridley was.
Oh that was you? I saw that post. I tried responding too. I think I quoted you.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
That thing about K. Rool possibly being a for-now well-kept secret makes a TON of sense. Maybe the next reveal will be someone who will lower our expectations and then BOOM! K. Rool shows up and KRUSHES them.

cybersai

Smash Ace
At the very least, King K. Rool has never been deconfirmed in any of these "leaks." Like you never got a post saying, "king k. rool is definitely not in" and so forth.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That thing about K. Rool possibly being a for-now well-kept secret makes a TON of sense. Maybe the next reveal will be someone who will lower our expectations and then BOOM! K. Rool shows up and KRUSHES them.
Sure, that's what promotion is for: Lowering expectations.

osby

Smash Obsessed
LOL only temporarily, Sarcasmo. :p Then the BIG guns play out and raise them all over again.
It would work if only King K.Rool was everyone's favourite.
Even if it's not him, next reveal will make some people happy.
I mean, it's not like Daisy showed to lower people's expectations.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
At the very least, King K. Rool has never been deconfirmed in any of these "leaks." Like you never got a post saying, "king k. rool is definitely not in" and so forth.
Fun fact: I was bored one night, and made up a fake stage leak that included Gangplank Galleon with K. Rool as a stage boss.

Nobody saw it when I posted it, unfortunately. Or maybe fortunately, depending on how you look at it.

cybersai

Smash Ace
If K. Rool really doesn't get in I'll be very disappointed, but there's still hope for DLC. As long as he isn't an Assist and that doesn't seem likely.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Unless we see Simon Belmont officially revealed or some kind of Minecraft representation take anything Vergeben says with a big grain of salt. The fact that he is teasing characters instead of outright stating who they are is a big red flag. K Rool's chances are the exact same they were a month ago.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was playing DKC 1 with my nephews last night and I beat K Rool for the first time in, probably 20 years. I've played DKC2 since then but this is the first time I've gotten through the first in all this time.

I had to relearn his pattern. Took me 3 times to beat him.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I kinda hope that Decidueye is shown in an Ashley reveal trailer (she could accidentally summon him instead of her plant monster) just to take Verg down a peg. We're feeding into his ego and desire for attention by taking him as the god of Smash leaks.

I believe that we're probably getting about 10 new characters (not including DLC) at the most, and K Rool is one of the characters with a higher chance of making it in this time. There's no reason not to add in a big fan favorite this time.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Unless we see Simon Belmont officially revealed or some kind of Minecraft representation take anything Vergeben says with a big grain of salt. The fact that he is teasing characters instead of outright stating who they are is a big red flag. K Rool's chances are the exact same they were a month ago.
Keep In mind! Verbagen is also NOT a credible source for information! He said we would be getting a Star Fox racing game! And a such thing never once happened! He also said multiple things about about Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite that never happened!

So there's a great chance that he could be also wrong about those character's he leaked (Lest we forget how unpredictable Mashed Potato Samurai is when it comes to showing off character reveals)!

And unless this is all like the Roy/Ryu Smash 4 leaks that have actual video and sound evidence that says these leaked fighters are going to be in the game! It's best not to take these leaks seriously (I do just that Nintendo and Mr. S are able to get up off their lazy rumps soon with the redundant Smash Blog reveals and show off something new that wasn't presented at E3)!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If the Gen 7 pokemon is that friggin' Fire Tiger I'm going to be so disappointed

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I personally do not believe K. Rool will be an Assist Trophy. That'd be a little strange. After Ridley, he's the new number one fan request. It would have been like either putting Rid back as a boss or even an Assist. Sakurai wants to go out with a bang.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Keep In mind! Verbagen is also NOT a credible source for information! He said we would be getting a Star Fox racing game! And a such thing never once happened! He also said multiple things about about Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite that never happened!
That's what people said about Mario vs Rabbids when it wasn't announced right away for that other leaker

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
He treats every game like his last so he wanted to go out with a bang for Smash 4 as well and Riddley was a stage boss so it's not impossible he would make K Rool an AT. Even then he's not impossible for DLC. People are confusing "hasn't happened" with "can't happen".

Last edited:

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596

So there's a great chance that he could be also wrong about those character's he leaked (Lest we forget how unpredictable Mashed Potato Samurai is when it comes to showing off character reveals)!

And unless this is all like the Roy/Ryu Smash 4 leaks that have actual video and sound evidence that says these leaked fighters are going to be in the game! It's best not to take these leaks seriously (I do just that Nintendo and Mr. S are able to get up off their lazy rumps soon with the redundant Smash Blog reveals and show off something new that wasn't presented at E3)!
I think we should be in a bit of a middle ground when it comes to Vergeben. Don't outright dismiss what he has to say and call him a liar, but don't treat what he says is gospel and 100% true.

I'm preparing myself for every possibility when it comes to K Rool. If the game comes out and he is nowhere to be seen it will be quite a hard pill to swallow. I have to remind myself that if K Rool is the only character I'm still hoping for, it means I already really like the roster we have.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
He treats every game like his last so he wanted to go out with a bang for Smash 4 as well and Riddley was a stage boss so it's not impossible he would make K Rool an AT. Even then he's not impossible for DLC. People are confusing "hasn't happened" with "can't happen".
I don't think so for Smash 4. He and Nintendo knew the Wii U was sunk so he didn't necessarily want to put too much effort on fanservice that time.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
There's always many reasons that could go against the inclusion of a character, even the ones that seem like the most obvious additions.

That there's uncertainty shouldn't mean you lose hope. There's still good reason to hope for K. Rool despite the uncertainty.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I don't think it's so much "losing hope". We're just going stir-crazy over the drought of new info, I agree that this might be affecting our hope.

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
Smash 4 was a landmark for me in a strange way. It made me understand what I really desire in a Smash game, which is a Newcomer that will take my previous main and make me reconsider who I should really play, not because of tiers, but because of a dedication to that character. Brawl had given me DeDeDe, Meta Knight, and Wario. But Smash 4 left a sour taste in my mouth, and I ultimately stopped playing when I realized I didn't enjoy it anymore. And with the addition of Corrin, to advertise a Fire Emblem game with mediocre gameplay but the worst story in the series to date, I felt like Fates and Smash 4 were the closest I came to losing faith in Nintendo.

But with the Switch and a new dedication to fans, I realized that even if the next Smash did disappoint me, I would have so much else to look forward to.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
But Smash 4 left a sour taste in my mouth, and I ultimately stopped playing when I realized I didn't enjoy it anymore. And with the addition of Corrin, to advertise a Fire Emblem game with mediocre gameplay but the worst story in the series to date, I felt like Fates and Smash 4 were the closest I came to losing faith in Nintendo.
Smash 4 left the same taste in my mouth as well. I'm so happy I'm not alone there!

Melee had Bowser and Ganondorf
Brawl had Wario, Wolf and Ike. I enjoyed Snake too.
4 had Mac, and Duck Hunt is fun. I guess it's better than nothing.
I hope Ultimate picks up from Melee and Brawl in that department.

Untouch

Smash Master
Ages ago I mentioned a theory that Pirate Ship hasn't been seen because they're replacing it with the Gangplank Galleon and I'd like to expand on the idea even more.

It seems like some of the stages that aren't in the game yet (or haven't been seen), or at least some of them follow a pattern. They have names similar to other stages that have been seen. Kongo Jungle (melee), Dream Land (SSB) Princess Peach's Castle, Yoshi's Island (only brawl version has been seen), Mushroomy Kingdom, stages with two versions (Pokemon Stadium, Pictochat and Flatzone).

Which makes me wonder, maybe they're planning on calling a Gangplank Galleon stage, "Pirate Ship"?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If we don't get a character reveal this month I'm gonna start thinking we aren't getting any character reveals and they're gonna pull a "Melee" and have the last remaining newcomers be secret unlocks once the game releases. Nintendo DOESN'T need to reveal new characters for hype for this game to sell. The fact that EVERY Smash character is returning and the game has almost every stage returning as well will sell this game alone. Not to mention this is Smash Bros. on the Switch not the Wii U. Where back in the Wii U days Nintendo needed every bit of promotion they could get to try and move consoles and they used Smash Bros character reveals to try and hide the fact that there would be MONTHS with no new games, Switch doesn't have that problem.

We also don't know how many newcomers are actually left. All we know is not to expect as many as previous entries. We could only have like 3 newcomers left for all we know might as well just leave them in the game for us to find out when we are constantly unlocking characters. I mean from what I gathered online and I know for a fact the general audience doesn't really care but I haven't seen THAT many people online unhappy by the fact that we aren't getting a lot of newcomers I mostly see people praising the fact that EVERYONE is here/back. I doubt their are people out there that WON'T buy this game if characters like K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Simon Belmont, etc. aren't revealed pre-launch. People are going to buy this game (as well as the lackluster online service) regardless because it's Smash Bros.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
To skies are wide open they would seem, but this could also mean there is no new characters either, but there should be some surprises in store

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Well, going stir crazy is preventable. We could just relax a bit. Whatever happens, happens. It's out of our hands right now. You can still support a character without triggering your anxiety or everybody else's. K. Rool is a fun character. And his inclusion would be a good, fun thing. We shouldn't make our faves a toll on our mental health.

We can still support King K. Rool or whatever your fave is (since I know there are lurkers here) without making yourself feel upset.

And how about we don't close doors for K. Rool, whatever happens? That's the worst thing you could do IMO. Like if K. Rool is an AT, who says he can't be DLC? If that happens, we should do our best to get Sakurai to open that door instead of accepting it is closed. And sure there's reasons why they may not go that route but there's also reasons to believe they could. And that's enough if you want your character playable. To push, persistently and patiently, to keep the fanbase alive and make being playable possible.

Besides, I'm sure if other characters stay or are made ATs , like Ashley, Bomberman, Waluigi, Krystal, Isabelle, etc. we'll have many fans for many different characters working together to pull that door open together. Might not work but it's still worth a try.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Fun fact: I was bored one night, and made up a fake stage leak that included Gangplank Galleon with K. Rool as a stage boss.

Nobody saw it when I posted it, unfortunately. Or maybe fortunately, depending on how you look at it.
Every time I see a fake leak that has K. Rool, Dixie and Gangplank Galleon, I suspect is one of you guys. Either you or the chaps at DK Vine.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'm just tired of spending every waking hour speculating of King K. Rool's fate. First thing I do when I wake up in the morning is log on to various Smash discussions online to see if anything new happened, then spend most of the day speculating, then go to sleep and rinse and repeat.

I want to get off this ride. Spending the next 4 months like this is going to be nuts

D

Deleted member

If he's not in I won't be down about it. Want him in for sure, more so then anyone, but if King K. Rool is out, I'm ready. I still believe he has high chances and will support him till the end.

If what we got now is the final roster I'm content and it's best to date.

Anyway DasVergeben Liar Vergeben as Gamefaqs calls him, whatever you want to call him. May or may have info till the actual next news comes.

The person I'll trust must with info is the man making the game, Masahiro Sakurai. Cause at least the man knows his own game, and I'm happy about how much he's done for it so far, thank you sir.

Anyway King K. Rool's door is not closed but if it slowly is. I'm ready for anything, and it was an honor to support him as ever fellow Kremlings. I will continue to though maybe from afar eventually. Anyway long live the king his chances are still high.

Top Bottom