• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Seems like it, his record is pretty shady so yeah, still seems like an okay guy. And am thankful for his leak or news. But regardless yeah he may alter things that are not correct.
Imo, the dude comes off as full of himself. He enjoys all the attention he is getting, and now is resorting to playing with people's emotions, like not just saying who is the Pokemon newcomer. It would be best to just ignore him.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Imo, the dude comes off as full of himself. He enjoys all the attention he is getting, and now is resorting to playing with people's emotions, like not just saying who is the Pokemon newcomer. It would be best to just ignore him.
I have to agree, this is getting pretty offensive on his part.

He was transparent and straight up before and now he's done a 180 and being a stuffed up jerk about it.

D

Deleted member

I see what your saying. Another leaker who claims to have info when they might not.

Seems to me he might be more credible then Vergeben.

Golly gee what a huge batch of info can't wait till that direct. Woo finally news.

Man that was fun all joking aside thanks for the info, and with all the fuss about these latest, leaks. I'll just wait too see how this plays out doubt we get anything.

Sorry Snorkel seems like a great dude, but till we get actual info. I'll take leaks with a huge grain of salt.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Like if I wanted to say I had info I heard, I would be vague as I could. A timeframe for a direct makes sense to say. Sometime this month makes so much sense.

D

Deleted member

"Take what you need but eat what you take"
Sorry you got banned your always welcome here, anytime and this krew will, always be happy to have you.

Anyway this stuff is just entertaining to me so I'll enjoy it with a good laugh till news drops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I wish Japan only liked JRPG protagonists then we might have actually gotten some of the characters who needed to be in already

D

Deleted member

JRPG's you say? Hmm I know a certain dancer from a very popular game that's rising in popularity, I wouldn't mind in. But doubt it she's get in. A certain doll kind of deserves it... Does deserve it more. All that aside we'll get a direct when I have no idea.

Only the Big N and Mash potato Samurai know.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
You really think we aren't getting any more directs?
No, just saying any leak which includes a nintendo direct is (usually) wrong. They always include games that will never happen, or the dates wrong. I do think we'll get something similar to the 50 fact extravaganza in October/November.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
If Vergeben is to be believed, the newcomer list looks like this so far:

Inkling
Ridley
Simon Belmont
Isabelle
Gen 7 Pokemon

In my opinion, he's the closest thing we have to an actual inside source, he predicted Ridley would be playable at E3 for cryin' out loud. He's also been correct about a lot of other Bandai Namco reveals. With that in mind, I really don't think we'll be getting K. Rool. A gen 7 pokemon is the safest/lamest character to include in the game at this point, and feel we should have heard something from Vergeben about K Rool if Sakurai was going to use him in the game.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
K. Rool will be in, it'd be a crime to exclude him at this point, and since they said the ballot would be used in the future, Simon Belmont is an illogical choice, especially seeing how his popularity/relevance stacks up to characters like Bandana Dee and Ashley, both of which are more popular and relevant, AND have clues which could lead to inclusion, unlike Belmont, who has zero evidence pointing to being playable. Take it with a grain of salt, especially since Vergeben has a spotty past full of switching info on leaks midway through.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
You'd think there would be enough Pokemon reps in the game already...

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Just stop, take a deep breath, and think about how crazy it is that you're treating a leak as truth. If it helps, go back and look at how even the true leaks are chock full of lies or things they got wrong.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
This isn't like some annoymous 4chan post, Vergeben has leaked so much other stuff outside of Smash that's turned out to be right. Just look at his Reddit activity and look at the stuff surrounding SC6.

https://reddit.com/user/DasVergeben/comments/

He's now saying a League of Legends fighting game is going to get revealed soon.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
This isn't like some annoymous 4chan post, Vergeben has leaked so much other stuff outside of Smash that's turned out to be right. Just look at his Reddit activity and look at the stuff surrounding SC6.

He's now saying a League of Legends fighting game is going to get revealed soon.
Vergeben has also had a number of misses in terms of predictions for games and announcements all around. He’s basically throwing all kinds of stuff out there and some of it is correct, but a fair amount isn’t as well.

Remember he also said Simon Belmont was supposed to be revealed at E3 and he wasn’t regarding Smash.

Predicting Ridley is a thing that seems to stick with people because “he wasn’t that likely”. My issue with that is Ridley has shown up in “leaks” for years at this point and was such a highly requested character. He wasn’t a lock for the game, but if a leaker threw him in, and it actually was true, his credibility would increase in the eyes of Smash.

Ice Climbers were the safest bet, most people were expecting Smash 4 to be ported over with additions, so no cuts from that game was all he predicted (People tend to confound other leaks with his, thus validating him when in reality he said nothing else about the others returning). Snake was a little more suspicious due to the whole Konami issue, but he was also highly requested and it wasn’t impossible for him to come back.

His other claims are still completely unfounded. Simon Belmont is nowhere to be seen, as is the Minecraft representation he claimed was in the game. Additionally, since then he’s started to trickle out vague details with no backing (Not knowing if Isabelle is unique, playing coy with we have a Gen 7 Pokemon). That doesn’t really make any sense to me to be doing that. I doubt he has someone leaking information to him like that even if he did previously get legitimate information. It also reeks of arrogance.

I’ve seen the theory he might have only seen the E3 build in action (This has appeared multiple times at this point at events, much easier for it to get out) and if he had any info on Smash, I lean towards that being the only legitimate thing he has seen. All his other claims are unfounded. In addition, Smash Ultimate’s Everyone is Here wasn’t predicted by him truthfully, it’s not like he said Pichu or Young Link were in. He also missed Daisy.

All in all, Vergeben just has too much against him at this point for me to reasonably believe his predictions. Until some content gets shown that fits within his info, I won’t believe any of the more recent stuff. Even more importantly for this thread though, he’s said nothing about King K Rool at all, and has indicated multiple newcomers are still to be revealed. Even if he’s right, that’s still not a death sentence to any particular character.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman

That's very possible. Riot acquired the Rising Thunder devs and canned their game for some reason. It may have been reworked into a LoL fighter.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Vergeben has also had a number of misses in terms of predictions for games and announcements all around. He’s basically throwing all kinds of stuff out there and some of it is correct, but a fair amount isn’t as well.

Remember he also said Simon Belmont was supposed to be revealed at E3 and he wasn’t regarding Smash.

Predicting Ridley is a thing that seems to stick with people because “he wasn’t that likely”. My issue with that is Ridley has shown up in “leaks” for years at this point and was such a highly requested character. He wasn’t a lock for the game, but if a leaker threw him in, and it actually was true, his credibility would increase in the eyes of Smash.

Ice Climbers were the safest bet, most people were expecting Smash 4 to be ported over with additions, so no cuts from that game was all he predicted (People tend to confound other leaks with his, thus validating him when in reality he said nothing else about the others returning). Snake was a little more suspicious due to the whole Konami issue, but he was also highly requested and it wasn’t impossible for him to come back.

His other claims are still completely unfounded. Simon Belmont is nowhere to be seen, as is the Minecraft representation he claimed was in the game. Additionally, since then he’s started to trickle out vague details with no backing (Not knowing if Isabelle is unique, playing coy with we have a Gen 7 Pokemon). That doesn’t really make any sense to me to be doing that. I doubt he has someone leaking information to him like that even if he did previously get legitimate information. It also reeks of arrogance.

I’ve seen the theory he might have only seen the E3 build in action (This has appeared multiple times at this point at events, much easier for it to get out) and if he had any info on Smash, I lean towards that being the only legitimate thing he has seen. All his other claims are unfounded. In addition, Smash Ultimate’s Everyone is Here wasn’t predicted by him truthfully, it’s not like he said Pichu or Young Link were in. He also missed Daisy.

All in all, Vergeben just has too much against him at this point for me to reasonably believe his predictions. Until some content gets shown that fits within his info, I won’t believe any of the more recent stuff. Even more importantly for this thread though, he’s said nothing about King K Rool at all, and has indicated multiple newcomers are still to be revealed. Even if he’s right, that’s still not a death sentence to any particular character.
Indeed. I hate how people are taking the guy's word as gospel just because he got a couple of lucky guesses right.

All leaks should be taken with a huge grain of salt, especially text leaks that anyone can post.

Untouch

Smash Master
He says he has multiple sources.
People need to stop treating like he's "leaking", he's just relaying information people are giving him.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Was he deconfirmed? Or are you going off the leak? If so don’t believe anything unless it’s from the man himself. I know you want to hear any type of info on our King but people know that and will use that to screw with you

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
There was today on Gamefaqs another post about Vergeben's leaks that got deleted. There he stated that the 7th gen pokémon wasn't going to be Decidueye, Mimikyu neither Lycanroc. I tried to ask him about our King again, but no response one. It seems that K. Rool's chances are way high, he's the top """leaked""" character on every """leak""", but no """certified""" leaker wants to guarantee his inclusion yet. If he is in, maybe it's one of the top secrets of SSBU, like Ridley was.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
He says he has multiple sources.
People need to stop treating like he's "leaking", he's just relaying information people are giving him.
Just because he has "multiple sources" doesn't make it true. Again, anybody can claim they have "multiple sources". He has no way of backing that up.

We really need to stop treating him so seriously just because he made a few lucky guesses.

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
Don't understand what Vergeben has got to do with K.Rool, honestly. Dude got some things right and some things wrong in the past, his information shouldn't be ignored but shouldn't be treated as gospel either. He also said his sources claimed there were at least half a dozen more characters after Ridley, and I think that a Gen 7 Pokemon, Isabelle and a third party (Simon Belmont in his case) should've been on everyone's lists, so everything he's "leaked" since then doesn't say anything good or bad regarding K.Rool.

As far as Pokemon goes, I'm on team Buzzwole or Necrozma till the end. But yeah, him ""confirming"" there's a new Pokemon doesn't mean anything about K.Rool. We were bound to get one of those, as well as a retro character and a third party. I'd only get nervous about K.Rool if Dixie were mentioned, and even in that case, not too much.

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Some people, including me, are trying to make him speak about K. Rool, even though his credibility is kind of dubious. It's just a way to know a bit more, even if he could still be wrong.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You'd think there would be enough Pokemon reps in the game already...
I mean, Pokémon is the biggest multimedia franchise of all time. It could have fifteen characters and it'd be warranted, IMO.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Just because he has "multiple sources" doesn't make it true. Again, anybody can claim they have "multiple sources". He has no way of backing that up.

We really need to stop treating him so seriously just because he made a few lucky guesses.
Agreed. He honestly feels more like a bandwagon people have jumped on. He’s just a text leaker with nothing to back things up. All of his more notable claims (Again, Ridley just isn’t as notable as people think in terms of leaks) have nothing even hinting they’re correct. Sure, there is a hindsight sort of thing with Ridley with people saying he was obvious, but he WAS obvious for leaks.

Honestly, now I want Decidueye in the game to be confirmed next just to end him being a relevant factor (I’d be sad about Simon Belmont), but I’m tired of him being the new god to Smash leaks and speculation. And I swear every article, Smash YouTuber introduces him in the same way with the same summary that the websites that first covered him did.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Agreed. He honestly feels more like a bandwagon people have jumped on. He’s just a text leaker with nothing to back things up. All of his more notable claims (Again, Ridley just isn’t as notable as people think in terms of leaks) have nothing even hinting they’re correct. Sure, there is a hindsight sort of thing with Ridley with people saying he was obvious, but he WAS obvious for leaks.

Honestly, now I want Decidueye in the game to be confirmed next just to end him being a relevant factor (I’d be sad about Simon Belmont), but I’m tired of him being the new god to Smash leaks and speculation. And I swear every article, Smash YouTuber introduces him in the same way with the same summary that the websites that first covered him did.
Honestly, Ridley was probably an easy guess as well and I think he wasn't the only one who predicted him. So because he was right about Ridley, everyone thinks that he's the be all, end all of leaks and must be taken as true.

I take all leaks with a huge grain of salt, including his, no matter how much I want them to be true.

Last edited:

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
Someone posted a timeline of all the character reveals (based around newcomers) of Smash 4 and Brawl. Keep in mind that we also didn't know who the veterans were before release with those games. It paints a very interesting picture of what we were used to in terms of information and how bad the news-drought is.

Attachments

cybersai

Smash Ace
A new pokemon rep was common sense, and if it isn't Decidueye I'm not surprised since he was in Pokken.

So new reps are probably so far:

1. Inklings
2. Ridley
3. Simon Belmont (still think this is true, due to Bomberman being an Assist and them getting Snake back)
4. New Pokemon
5. Isabelle...although she may be an echo like Daisy

That's still only 4-5 characters, still room for Dixie, K. Rool, Ashley and maybe one other character. I think having around 8-9 newcomers is pretty reasonable.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Someone posted a timeline of all the character reveals (based around newcomers) of Smash 4 and Brawl. Keep in mind that we also didn't know who the veterans were before release with those games. It paints a very interesting picture of what we were used to in terms of information and how bad the news-drought is.
That timeline is infuriating because it represents the amount of time evenly on bars, so the entire cycle of Smash 4 lines up with Smash Ultimate, when in reality this cycle from proper reveal to release is much shorter. If we did it fraction wise (amount of time since reveal/time from reveal to release), the Ultimate drought is much more significant.

Obviously we got a lot of information up front that isn’t as present in the other games immediately, so that is a relevant factor, but still, we’re about to the point where it is time for another reveal. Especially with there really only being 4 months left, they don’t have much time to show off new characters. Sakurai, please make them count.

Also, we know these three fighters:

1. Inkling
2. Daisy (Echo)
3. Ridley

Stop trying to say Vergeben actually counts for anything in terms of known characters (Huh this is how people must have felt with Gematsu during 4)

Top Bottom