• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I also don't like Isabelle.

Nook was supposed to be the next character.

Than Isabelle comes in and asserts herself

osby

Smash Obsessed
I also don't like Isabelle.

Nook was supposed to be the next character.

Than Isabelle comes in and asserts herself
New characters can surpass old ones.
Wè won't even know if Isabelle is a fighter or Tom could be a one without her.

MetroLSD

Smash Apprentice
How popular exactly is Ashley and Isabelle? do they have a better chance of being playable than K.Rool does?

osby

Smash Obsessed
How popular exactly is Ashley and Isabelle? do they have a better chance of being playable than K.Rool does?
Hard to say, popularity isn't the only indicator of one's chances at being playable.
They are still around, unlike King, though.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's very impressive how so many characters are in the shadow of King K. Rool in terms of Smash Brothers requests, even characters with recent games.

From just a human perspective, that really stands out. There's so much love for the character and those old games despite the fact that King K. Rool's last mainline game was during the Bill Clinton administration.

Popularity isn't everything though. Neither is having a new game as there are characters with new games that are left out all the time. We'll have to see how it shakes out. But I think K. Rool stands out in a good way.

He's awesome!

Grolem11

Smash Rookie
They both definitely have a strong following but from what I’ve seen, I I wouldn’t worry. I think at this point King K. Rool is by far the most requested overall internationally. The outcry for him has just grown larger every year.

Here’s to hoping we can get something in August cause my goodness, I think I can speak for most of us when I say that this is going to be the slowest 4 months of our lives...

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Reminder that EVO's Smash Ultimate exhibitions start at 6 PM US Pacific time.

I doubt there'll be a reveal or anything, but I have a gut feeling that it'll be a new build with new ATs. Even if not, it's still more Smash Ultimate gameplay.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Perfect. I work until 5:30 so I can actually watch this, awesome! I'm not expecting a reveal but I'm curious to see if it's a new build of the game. Maybe they'll have some more characters in this EVO build at least

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
We in the West also like lazy bears who stuff foul-mouthed birds into blue backpacks

Vote for the Rool/Kazooie ticket

Machete

Smash Ace
I would say Isabelle has easily the best shot of becoming playable. She doesn't really have any big problems regarding her inclusion, and she is huge and basically the face of Animal Crossing, to the point she made it to Mario Kart alongside Villager. She's like, the safest newcomer, really.

But still. K.Rool has so much going for him. They wouldn't acknowledge K.Rool as DK's villain or give him a Mii costume if they believed the "K.Rool is busted and forgotten" narrative.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
To be fair, we also like genies, puppets and limbless thingamajigs. Rool just happens to take top priority, as it stands right now.

On a side note, Retro seems like they miss working on Metroid.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...kong_country_tropical_freeze_after_four_years
Er, well most the people who worked on Metroid Prime left the company a long, long time ago. I don't think they necessarily miss Metroid, just that they like calling back to the series and people that started them off.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I won't speak for Ashley, but I've always viewed Isabelle as one of the three most likely newcomers for this time around, even back before the game was announced, alongside Inkling and an Alola Pokémon. :p

Machete

Smash Ace
I won't speak for Ashley, but I've always viewed Isabelle as one of the three most likely newcomers for this time around, even back before the game was announced, alongside Inkling and an Alola Pokémon. :p
I think Inkling was in a category of her own. Probably the single most obvious inclusion since Bowser in Melee. But yeah, Isabelle and a new Pokemon are right after her. Thing is, with both Arms and Xenoblade 2 missing the deadline, there's just not that many other characters, which is why focusing on fan favorites like Ridley makes sense. And why K.Rool has a great shot.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'd probably still put Dixie ahead of K. Rool too. I think the support for K. Rool is "louder" simply because we know he needs to have huge support to get in given he's been absent in DK games for a decade, whereas Dixie has an easier chance to get in due to Tropical Freeze and such.

Dixie is probably also easier to develop into a Smash character if she shares some of Diddy's moves, whereas K. Rool would obviously have to be made from scratch.

Machete

Smash Ace
I'd probably still put Dixie ahead of K. Rool too. I think the support for K. Rool is "louder" simply because we know he needs to have huge support to get in given he's been absent in DK games for a decade, whereas Dixie has an easier chance to get in due to Tropical Freeze and such.

Dixie is probably also easier to develop into a Smash character if she shares some of Diddy's moves, whereas K. Rool would obviously have to be made from scratch.
While I much prefer K.Rool, I assume lots of his fans would be happy to get anything else from DKC. It really feels like both Dixie and K.Rool should be in at this point.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I feel like that's making fans sound more strategic than they are. I think for some DK fans that is certainly part of it. But K. Rool has always been more requested than Dixie, even when they were both removed from the DK series. Thankfully Dixie came back. Now I hope K. Rool does too.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hoping for an evo reveal, won’t be heartbroken if I have to wait. Just give me more info. Maybe the king, or Ashley, or someone else. Just info.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Source Gaming brought up a valid point in a video on returning stages:

Pirate Ship is missing, the only Zelda stage with no footage! Maybe they are saving it for a certain pirate crocodile?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Personally I’d be ecstatic if Isabelle got announced, she’s my second most wanted character! The first most wanted, of course, being our dear leader K. Rool.

If they both got in I’d be convinced I died and went to Heaven. :laugh:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Man I wonder when a good timeframe for a K. Rool or Dixie reveal might be.

It seems Ashley has a good chance of being the next revealed character if all this hype of Wario Wario Gold means anything, even on NOA's twitter. A lot of people speculate that if Simon Belmont is real than he could be revealed in October for Halloween and the Castlevania anime getting a new season on Netflix around that time.

Maybe we can get a September month reveal for Dixie and/or K. Rool

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool where art thou shall? Thy make Apperance soon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893

It seems Ashley has a good chance of being the next revealed character if all this hype of Wario Wario Gold means anything, even on NOA's twitter. A lot of people speculate that if Simon Belmont is real than he could be revealed in October for Halloween and the Castlevania anime getting a new season on Netflix around that time.

Now that you mention it, I feel like October could actually be a good time for any of them. Ashley is a witch, so Halloween is perfect. Simon Belmont hunts vampires etc., so Halloween is perfect. King K. Rool dresses up in costumes, so Halloween is perfect.

Basically they should just announce everyone on Halloween. :skull:

StormC

Smash Hero

Won't be until after Diddy is put on the blog, I am sure.

If there's any month you wanted to lock down for a reveal (assuming they're ceremonial in nature), it would be November, the month DK games are generally released in along with K. Rool/Dixie's debut games (plus the whole "save the best for last" sort of idea).

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
If Heihachi gets announced this weekend at Evo, there could be something to this...
rool.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom