• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
To bare in mind we may get nothing tomorrow

I mean they may not even show Ashley nor a new warioware stage tomorrow

And probably for another day in august if she's the next reveal

Although evo does start tomorrow and the dudes tweet mention announcing stuff there but about what

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
That witch is catching up boys and girls. The Banjo-Roos are here to give your team support! Long live the king!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Looks like we can put any rumor to bed that has a direct listed August 3rd. We should have gotten an announcement by now... I'm starting to feel like maybe September is the time for a direct..

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Looks like we can put any rumor to bed that has a direct listed August 3rd. We should have gotten an announcement by now... I'm starting to feel like maybe September is the time for a direct..
We should at least wait until Saturday when August 3rd is over!

Also! Why do you people keep hoping that no new information will be revealed until it's release date (It seems extremely cruel/monstrous for you all, Nintendo, and Mr. S himself to have us wait an eternity to show off anything new that we haven't already freaking seen in the E3 Direct for Doug Walkers Beautiful sake)!

Or praying that we get no new information this month (That also seems a such a tedious wait for Johnny's miserable sake)!

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
> no Direct on August 3rd
> welp, better luck in September

Bro we have the entire month left, let's not jump to conclusions yet. That's still plenty of time for an announcement of some kind.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Bro we have the entire month left, let's not jump to conclusions yet. That's still plenty of time for an announcement of some kind.
Exactly, any gloom and doom about an August Direct is unfounded for the time being. We have the entire month ahead of us.

I know we all want information and are concerned about what else is coming that is actually new in the game, but I think the pessimism regarding this game is starting to get to people a little bit. I understand the reason for it, I just think it’s still a bit misplaced.

I’m not entirely convinced that reveals are being held for Directs anyway, I half expect Sakurai to just drop a newcomer on us at some point out of nowhere (Though, I’m leaning towards Ashley is only in more trouble the further we get away from tomorrow).

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I would say I want a remix of his DK64 battle theme in there somewhere, but it's so dang long that if it got in they'd probably cut it up like they did the DK Rap in Wii U.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
We should at least wait until Saturday when August 3rd is over!

Also! Why do you people keep hoping that no new information will be revealed until it's release date (It seems extremely cruel/monstrous for you all, Nintendo, and Mr. S himself to have us wait an eternity to show off anything new that we haven't already freaking seen in the E3 Direct for Doug Walkers Beautiful sake)!

Or praying that we get no new information this month (That also seems a such a tedious wait for Johnny's miserable sake)!
I'm not hoping that we don't get new info are you kidding me man? I'm just saying we can put those "leaks" that claim an August 3rd direct to rest because there was a few..

Ok? I was just trying to say that leaks claiming August 3rd can be seen as fake... and in my personal opinion September is the month I feel like were most likely to get info... my goodness... I mean do I really need snarky replies? Wow.

I think I'm gonna take a little break from this thread because my goodness..

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd be fine with just a Crocodile Cacophony remix to accompany the Ganplank Galleon one.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
One thing I think Dixie has over K. Rool is the music she could potentially bring with her - they'd most likely stick to final boss themes for the King, and those are great, but Dixie being a main player character in DKC2 and 3 means those whole soundtracks are on the table. Forest Interlude, Lockjaw's Saga, Hot Head Bop, Rockface Rumble, Hot Pursuit, Northern Kremisphere...
Not to say that any music they put in the game HAS to correspond to a fighter, but if Dixie gets in that's probably gonna be what I'm most excited to see, hah.

Bluehedgehog64

Smash Rookie
I'm not hoping that we don't get new info are you kidding me man? I'm just saying we can put those "leaks" that claim an August 3rd direct to rest because there was a few..

Ok? I was just trying to say that leaks claiming August 3rd can be seen as fake... and in my personal opinion September is the month I feel like were most likely to get info... my goodness... I mean do I really need snarky replies? Wow.

I think I'm gonna take a little break from this thread because my goodness..
Thank you for not swearing in our christian minecraft server

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
So this might be something to look forward to:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL334D7101ACBE3C39

15 private videos got added to the 3DS video playlist on Nintendo's YouTube account, scroll to the bottom to see them. The Ashley thread believes this is probably for a 3DS Direct, and I'm inclined to think so as well.

I wouldn't get my hopes up; Smash Ultimate isn't a 3DS game so they may not talk about it at all, but even if it isn't Smash it should be some news.

EDIT: Oh. It appears these are old trailers they've made private for whatever reason judging by a recent post. Welp.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
One thing I think Dixie has over K. Rool is the music she could potentially bring with her - they'd most likely stick to final boss themes for the King, and those are great, but Dixie being a main player character in DKC2 and 3 means those whole soundtracks are on the table. Forest Interlude, Lockjaw's Saga, Hot Head Bop, Rockface Rumble, Hot Pursuit, Northern Kremisphere...
Not to say that any music they put in the game HAS to correspond to a fighter, but if Dixie gets in that's probably gonna be what I'm most excited to see, hah.
There's OTHER music in DKC other than Jungle Hijinx!? Someone should really let Sakurai know!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Drew up some villains. Some are playable in Smash, some aren't.
1533257388070.png

Hoping that they all get in someday.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. Just found it funny is all. I'm still hopeful for an August direct but I can see why some would think September (it being directly half-between E3 and release).

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. Just found it funny is all. I'm still hopeful for an August direct but I can see why some would think September (it being directly half-between E3 and release).
Nah your cool man, I've been having a stressful day.. so I took your comment to personally. I'm sorry too :)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Worth noting that I think this is the first time the blog has acknowledged any non-fighter/stage content that wasn't in the E3 demo. New build approaching?
Well, they did tell us about him in the E3 presentation. Delfino is brand new though. Still, I'm hopeful that eventually we'll start getting new stuff we didn't know.

Hopefully some random "Today's Item" will be set on Fountain of Dreams.

There are also still a few assist characters from the demo that aren't up yet as well. I still have yet to see Abra.

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
Well, it was about time they showed something new for once besides the E3 stuff. I'm happy to see Delfino Plaza once again, that's now 85 returning stages we know so far.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Worth noting that I think this is the first time the blog has acknowledged any non-fighter/stage content that wasn't in the E3 demo. New build approaching?
Untrue, the actual Final Destination was in a few screenshots before. But still nice to see something new after so long

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Untrue, the actual Final Destination was in a few screenshots before. But still nice to see something new after so long
Yeah, but those were in the background of screenshots focusing on specific content. FD was never the spotlight stage for a post.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't the same go for Delfino? Shown in the background for Rodin's spotlight.
My point is that while that content has been seen, there's never been a post dedicated to them. Rodin's post is for Rodin, not for Delfino Plaza. The Black Hole item's post was for the Black Hole item, and not for Final Destination. The stage reveals there were incidental to the content they were showing off that day.

Rodin is the first time the spotlight's been shed explicitly on content not in the demo builds seen so far, besides fighters or stages.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
My point is that while that content has been seen, there's never been a post dedicated to them. Rodin's post is for Rodin, not for Delfino Plaza. The Black Hole item's post was for the Black Hole item, and not for Final Destination. The stage reveals there were incidental to the content they were showing off that day.

Rodin is the first time the spotlight's been shed explicitly on content not in the demo builds seen so far, besides fighters or stages.

Wait, Rodin isn't in the demo?

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Mmmyes join the club.

For now the absolute crap leaks are good enough for me. At least they do a good job of getting feelers out for who is wanted. (K. Rool fans just don't make very many fake leaks it seems.)

I think I'm gonna copy that one guy and just make an advent calendar for the game's release. What snack should I eat 127 of though? I was thinking bananas but that's like 33 pounds of fruit.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Mmmyes join the club.

For now the absolute crap leaks are good enough for me. At least they do a good job of getting feelers out for who is wanted. (K. Rool fans just don't make very many fake leaks it seems.)

I think I'm gonna copy that one guy and just make an advent calendar for the game's release. What snack should I eat 127 of though? I was thinking bananas but that's like 33 pounds of fruit.
That is a lot of fruit, but true devotion is worth it.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I feel like K. Rool being very popular in Japan too is going to get him in.

With Ridley he's only mostly popular in the west since the Metroid series is like a dead franchise in Japan, they didn't like the Prime games and all the recent 2D games sold poorly there. Ridley was Sakurai's gift to western fans, but K. Rool has tons of support in Japan as well. K. Rool has worldwide votes, that's got to account for something.

At least the Japanese like something that's not yet another RPG Fire Emblem-esque character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I feel like K. Rool being very popular in Japan too is going to get him in.

With Ridley he's only mostly popular in the west since the Metroid series is like a dead franchise in Japan, they didn't like the Prime games and all the recent 2D games sold poorly there. Ridley was Sakurai's gift to western fans, but K. Rool has tons of support in Japan as well. K. Rool has worldwide votes, that's got to account for something.

At least the Japanese like something that's not yet another RPG Fire Emblem-esque character.
They like Isabelle and Ashley.
Why can't Western can't like something that's not yet another villain reptile?

Top Bottom