• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There we can throw the leak out the window now

Still no second update fake smash ball is all we are getting

But anyway

Hopefully this means a reveal is coming but not holding my breathe

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I saw some leaks and rumors about a Marvel VS Capcom Infinite revision announcement with X-men and more for EVO and people seems pretty sure about it. (As every Capcom leak). Probably they are talking about this, for Smash we don't have nothing so strong.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Could you imagine the crowd hype if they announced K. Rool at Evo? My guess is an ARMS character or Heihachi though.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It's important to keep expectations low for Smash at this event. I'm not predicting a fan favorite character. It's more likely the Gen 8 Pokemon, but an Arms or third party character isn't out of the realm of possibility.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm thinking we should try going even lower with those expectations, like nothing revealed at this event at all.

Also, hate to say it but that Game & Watch troll rumor was widely successful. So many people lost it even if the rumor was an obvious troll bait. The attempt of proving their credibility with a guessable blog post should have drawn way more skepticism. Instead, it was pedal to the metal anxiety attacks. Thankfully their troll bet didnt pay off and Game and Watch wasn't shown off at all. But what if it did?

Im just bringing this up because we may see another one of these. There are people out there whose only purpose is to rile everyone up. We can't be so trusting of bullcrap just because the bullcrap makes us feel emotional, either appealing to our biggest hopes or our worst fears.

BTW, does anyone remember this old flash cartoon? The ending is a little too real huh?

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/255732

Last edited:

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
I'm all for the inclusion of K. Rool. I'm pretty Nostalgic when it comes to the King thanks to DKC1-2 and DK64, and he's one of the most memorable villains from my childhood. I've been loving watching the fans gather together in support for him since Smash Wii U, and i'm really hoping that it all pays off in the end!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It's important to keep expectations low for Smash at this event. I'm not predicting a fan favorite character. It's more likely the Gen 8 Pokemon, but an Arms or third party character isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Why a Gen 8 Pokemon? That game is still a year and a half out at this point, and no Pokémon have been revealed for it yet anyway (All we know is that it exists). Not to mention the project plan would have been made in 2015-2016 when Gen 7 was STILL in development.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I still can't see them revealing anything at EVO... it's true Nintendo is trying to appeal to the competitive gaming crowd now more than before but I feel like they may hold onto reveals for directs rather than have one at EVO. They could announce something, perhaps something with online Ranking or something of that nature but I don't know about a character. Plus if we do get a character my money wouldn't be on K. Rool.. I don't think EVO would be a hype place for his announcement. I agree that if Haihachi is in the game it would he perfect for him, or if Ken or Akuma were echo fighters for Ryu in Smash. Those are some big EVO announcement's because they play to the crowd there even the none smash players.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm all for the inclusion of K. Rool. I'm pretty Nostalgic when it comes to the King thanks to DKC1-2 and DK64, and he's one of the most memorable villains from my childhood. I've been loving watching the fans gather together in support for him since Smash Wii U, and i'm really hoping that it all pays off in the end!
Since you are a Smash Rookie...

Welcome aboard!

StormC

Smash Hero
We probably aren't getting anything from ARMS in the base game either based off the comments of the staff of it being "too soon."

ARMS did pass 2 million units recently however, so DLC seems pretty likely.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
in fact. i'm not worried about not getting K.ROOL....im worried about not getting any more newcomer at all ( at least until dec 7??)

PR sure love to hint at veteran coming back and that we are getting 3 newcomers

After its announcement at E3 2018, the community had their patience rewarded with confirmation that Nintendo would be bringing a new version of Super Smash Bros. to the Nintendo Switch system in December 2018: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. This update to the series will offer a myriad of new gameplay mechanics — and feature the inclusion of every Super Smash Bros. fighter that has appeared in the series before, alongside newcomers Daisy, Inkling, and Ridley!

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/super-smash-bros-ultimate-will-be-playable-at-evo-2018

i hope and sure we got more but its understable to think that we MAYBE are not getting 3-4 more..

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the Marvel v Capcom thing is pretty much a lock, I've been told, (not by a source, just by lots of people) so honestly I'm not expecting K. Rool for a while. Especially since Heihachi and Springman make more sense for this one.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, the lack of DK representation in general doesn't surprise me too much. DK is one of the most western Nintendo franchises, and western characters tend to get ignored a lot in Smash. There's a reason why Diddy is the only western character in the roster and no third party characters owned by western companies have been added yet.

osby

Smash Obsessed
A leak that isn’t overly arrogant, is specific to a handful of things that seem realistic to character changes, and doesn’t actually trample on any of the established requirements of things like final smashes.

I’m glad someone put some effort into one for once.
It seems I can't open the page. What does the leak includes?

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Imagine how different this group conversation would be if we find out it's true next week XD

cybersai

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it, the lack of DK representation in general doesn't surprise me too much. DK is one of the most western Nintendo franchises, and western characters tend to get ignored a lot in Smash. There's a reason why Diddy is the only western character in the roster and no third party characters owned by western companies have been added yet.
Yep, plus Sakurai having grown up in Japan obviously favors RPG's and other old-school style games, hence the huge favortism to Fire Emblem or other franchises more popular in Japan than the west.

Diddy obviously had to happen, he was way too popular and if he didn't make it into Brawl eyebrows would have been raised. He should have been in Melee to be honest, given DKC 1-3, Diddy Kong Racing and DK64 all came out before 2001. The fact that Sakurai said he was going to include King Dedede in Melee instead of clones, but didn't consider Diddy, says a lot. Even when Brawl came out, he could have made Diddy and Dixie separate characters, I have no idea how Dixie planned as far back as Brawl didn't make it in by now.

With Tropical Freeze out in 2014 the same year as Smash U came out, Dixie could have theoretically made that games roster too but didn't. So there's really no excuse NOW, especially if Sakurai decided the roster around late 2015/early 2016. Then K. Rool obviously did well enough on the ballot to get a Mii costume, and is the most requested villain now that Ridley made it in.

I'm *expecting* at least one DK character to make it in, probably Dixie, but K. Rool making it in as well would be a dream come true.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Yoshi's Final Smash more closely referencing the shell "powerups" he got in SMW makes a lot of sense and wedding Bowser is the only new costume I'm really hoping for (outside of K. Rool's personas of course), I would be ecstatic if this one is true. Sadly it probably isn't, but hopefully we'll get SOMETHING in August.
I'm really interested to see what they do with Diddy's Final Smash too, I can't think of much else he could pull from outside of Rocketbarrel Boost but I'm not sure how you make something like that quick and non-transformation-y. Unless they just copy the Super Sonic change but with less blinding speed and more explosive goobers.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yep, plus Sakurai having grown up in Japan obviously favors RPG's and other old-school style games, hence the huge favortism to Fire Emblem or other franchises more popular in Japan than the west.

Diddy obviously had to happen, he was way too popular and if he didn't make it into Brawl eyebrows would have been raised. He should have been in Melee to be honest, given DKC 1-3, Diddy Kong Racing and DK64 all came out before 2001. The fact that Sakurai said he was going to include King Dedede in Melee instead of clones, but didn't consider Diddy, says a lot. Even when Brawl came out, he could have made Diddy and Dixie separate characters, I have no idea how Dixie planned as far back as Brawl didn't make it in by now.

With Tropical Freeze out in 2014 the same year as Smash U came out, Dixie could have theoretically made that games roster too but didn't. So there's really no excuse NOW, especially if Sakurai decided the roster around late 2015/early 2016. Then K. Rool obviously did well enough on the ballot to get a Mii costume, and is the most requested villain now that Ridley made it in.

I'm *expecting* at least one DK character to make it in, probably Dixie, but K. Rool making it in as well would be a dream come true.
I get the impression that since they're running out of viable Japanese third-parties to ask, it's not too unreasonable to think that, alongside aking Western third-parties, a similar case will eventually happen to picking characters for first and second-party series, and they'll have no other choice but to put in Western-made content to help give the roster some variety.

Either that, or scrape the bottom of the barrel (heh) with other versions of Link and Zelda, baby Mario characters and Mario/Peach clones.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I get the impression that since they're running out of viable Japanese third-parties to ask, it's not too unreasonable to think that, alongside aking Western third-parties, a similar case will eventually happen to picking characters for first and second-party series, and they'll have no other choice but to put in Western-made content to help give the roster some variety.

Either that, or scrape the bottom of the barrel (heh) with other versions of Link and Zelda, baby Mario characters and Mario/Peach clones.
I don't think we will ever get western third parties in Smash besides maybe Rayman. Unless someone besides Sakurai takes over.

cybersai

Smash Ace
It's funny how Dixie and K. Rool are always mentioned on those fake leaks.
It's probably because everyone just thinks they're likely. DK is the only older franchise with only 2 reps, it's logical for everyone to expect either Dixie or K. Rool.

If anything they're the most requested now that Ridley is in. I don't think the hype for Captain Toad, Ashley, Geno, etc. is at DK level, even though I want those characters too. We're literally approaching Ridley levels of hype and expectation.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't think we will ever get western third parties in Smash besides maybe Rayman. Unless someone besides Sakurai takes over.
At least Inti Creates is connected to Shantae.

That said, I wonder if Sakurai would end up being desperate enough to let one of Marvelous' Senran Kagura characters in. They'd obviously be DLC, if Nintendo gets so concerned about what they might bring from that series.

It's probably because everyone just thinks they're likely. DK is the only older franchise with only 2 reps, it's logical for everyone to expect either Dixie or K. Rool.

If anything they're the most requested now that Ridley is in. I don't think the hype for Captain Toad, Ashley, Geno, etc. is at DK level, even though I want those characters too. We're literally approaching Ridley levels of hype and expectation.
For sure, Ridley, the king of expectations, has abdicated that throne, so someone like K. Rool must take it next.

cybersai

Smash Ace
This was posted on ResetEra, but if you go to google and type "Nintendo Direct"

For some reason the date says Aug 3rd...which is 3 days from now. Click it and you'll just see an old direct from March. I wonder if we're getting a direct in 3 days.

Granted it may have nothing to do with Smash, but who knows.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I just checked it says March 8th, 2018 to me. Either it's a fake OR Nintendo corrected it already. But if we really are getting a Nintendo Direct in 3 days. Part of me feels it's just gonna be about "Nintendo Switch Online" we still know next to nothing about it other than it costs $20 a year to play old ass NES games that you will get bored with after 5 minutes, cloud saves (which is awesome), and the stupid idiotic phone app is still required. We don't know anything about how the app will be updated to incorporate games other than Splatoon 2 and what features it will have besides party invites and voice chat. We're still waiting on news regarding multimedia apps besides Hulu (and if you live in Japan NicoNico) where's Netflix/Youtube/CrunchyRoll/Amazon Video etc. We're due for a new firmware update to hopefully coincide with the online service like themes, folders, messaging system, internet browser, eshop overhaul, etc. The service launches in a month and we still don't know hardly anything about it other than it's more than likely gonna be disappointing.

Granted I want it to be about that but I also want a traditional Direct as well cause I want new news on Super Mario Party, new Smash modes/characters announced, Dark Souls Remastered release date (suppose to be out by Summer and Summer is almost over..), some surprise 3rd party announcements, hopefully some more Mario Kart 8 DLC, that new Pokemon reveal for Let's Go Pikachu/Evee, new trailer for Team Sonic Racing, and much more but I feel this direct is probably still too close to E3.

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
This was posted on ResetEra, but if you go to google and type "Nintendo Direct"

For some reason the date says Aug 3rd...which is 3 days from now. Click it and you'll just see an old direct from March. I wonder if we're getting a direct in 3 days.

Granted it may have nothing to do with Smash, but who knows.
Probably it's just the usual confusion about: DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY. As a brazilian, to me it's extremely weird to read MM/DD/YY.
Also, you can see that the date is: 03.8.2018, which indicates the usual MM/DD/YY.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Probably it's just the usual confusion about: DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY. As a brazilian, to me it's extremely weird to read MM/DD/YY.
Also, you can see that the date is: 03.8.2018, which indicates the usual MM/DD/YY.
While date confusion could be an issue, I’ve usually seen the leading zero (“03” instead of “3”) for the day...

And there was something that came up in the general thread about a spanish(?) site that offered one for the 3rd too...

Interesting......

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just wondering, has there been any so called "leak" (that is probably fake, anyway) that said there would be a Direct on the 3rd of August that mentions K. Rool being playable?

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
maybe its just google who is confuse? hope note. i got the same thing in from canada ( In french )
1533085070822.png

but i got the real date for january direct
1533085148848.png

NINTENDo DIRECT MINI jan 11 is correct....

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
It says Aug 03 for me. If I change it from google.com to google.de (in german we say the day first then month) then it seems fixed.

It's also weird that it says 03.8.2018... forgot the 0 in front of 8? Maybe that mixed up google somehow?

So it's very likely just an error.

Top Bottom