• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Someone on Gamefaqs said they only double post when there's a music post.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Last edited:

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596

cybersai

Smash Ace
If K. Rool is real he would obviously be in his original design, and if that's from a trailer it wouldn't make sense to debut him in the Kaptain outfit even if that costume was in the game.

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
Huh. For some reason, the fake smash ball entry isn't showing up for me anymore. (It was there a few minutes ago.) Is this happening to anyone else?

coolmancool

Smash Cadet
It did'nt show for me at all except in the Japanese blog. I hope I don't have to erase my cache a second time, its so annoying.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
If K Rool is in the game I imagine he'd be in his basic DKC design. His pirate, mad scientist, and boxer outfits could be alternate costumes. Although I'm not sure what they'd do to fill out the other spos.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm kinda of a 4chan "dweller" (I browse that crap website during all day searching for more smash "leaks" and etc), look what I've found:

http://is2.4chan.org/v/1532999253995.png

Comes from this post:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426017063

Probably fake, but man it looks awesome!
Holy Arceus. Calling this amazing would be an understatement.

Huh. For some reason, the fake smash ball entry isn't showing up for me anymore. (It was there a few minutes ago.) Is this happening to anyone else?
Yeah, I came across this issue as well. Weird.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Rool final.png

Not gonna lie, even if that is fake, I am loving the design. He actually looks kinda threatening there.
If they do decide to stick with his captain persona, it would make the naysayers stop comparing him to Bowser and dedede.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
This just makes me want Kaptain instead of King even more.
It's a shame though, King is way more iconic.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
its fake! lol It scared me at first lol smash blog is the fake smash ball. K Rool is still going strong :)

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
I do hope this Gamefaqs leak is completely 100 percent fake like all the other pretentious bullpiss leaks/pathetic lies that were made in July!

For If K. Rool is revealed to be a ******** Assist Trophy and not included as a Fighter (After months/a full year of making generous request for such a fighter)! I'm going to be pissed as **** and I will be more than happy as to not buy the game when it comes out (Or give Nintendo anymore Satan-damned support for ignoring a request I've been kindly making since Smash 4 FOR ****S WONDERFUL SAKE!)

Also! This more or less feels as if this leaker is just piggypack riding on both loz18 and dasverbagens's leak for Smash Ultimate (Much like every other leak that clearly said that Simon Belmont was going to be playable just because Verbagen said something about Simon being playable in his leak)!

If you ask me! These stupid leakers need to get themselves a ****ing legit job/hobby and stop creating these ******** leaks that spread false hope or tell us bull feces lies that aren't in anyway true!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Helmasaur King? Really? That was a boss in LttP. The LBW had a different version called Gemesaur King.

Helmaroc King is much more well known - he showed up in HW

And while AT is a representation for characters and not meant as a diss, I can’t see pretty well all of the fan favorites relegated to AT.

And go figure, the only newcomers stated are the ones Vergy is identifying. What are the odds /s

Fake.
Yeah, but we now have a character from LttP - Zelda. Zelda's design is from it

cothero

Smash Lord
View attachment 155009

Not gonna lie, even if that is fake, I am loving the design. He actually looks kinda threatening there.
If they do decide to stick with his captain persona, it would make the naysayers stop comparing him to Bowser and dedede.
You and me both. I rather prefer the Kaptain outfit, but i highly doubt he'll be wearing that costume on the cinematic reveal trailer.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Assist trophies are usually the death sentence for most characters. Little Mac is the only character to be upgraded to a playable character and that is only because Punchout got a brand new game on Wii in 2009...only a year after Brawl came out. So it was obvious he would be playable.

King K. Rool as an Assist would pretty much not only obviously kill him off this game, but prevent him from being a DLC choice too. So we'd have to wait another 5+ or whatever years for the next Smash, and even then Assist trophies seem to doom most characters. That's why I'm glad neither Dixie nor K. Rool have been Assists since Brawl, I don't want to see their characters doomed like Waluigi, Lyn, Takamaru, Isaac, Midna, etc.

Assist Trophies are a curse in disguise for most characters. We'll see if Isabelle is upgraded to playable character when she was an Assist in Smash U, but even then she might just be an echo.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Yeah, but we now have a character from LttP - Zelda. Zelda's design is from it
She takes elements from LttP (jewelry) and LBW (the purple overcoat). Safest to say that LBW is the major contributor as it's newer. The two look incredibly similar though.

LttP: notice the overskirt is completely different with the red triforce, but that's the necklace she's wearing this round.

LBW: This is the design of the overskirt, but it's a bit more cartoony so it's missing the detail on the bracelets, belt, and necklace

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I am replaying Donkey Kong 64 trying to achieve something I did as a kid once - get to Crystal Caverns without rescuing Tiny Kong. I am currently in Gloomy Galleon's beginning.

So far so good as you don't really need her to open gates and strangely enough the other Kongs do not rely on her for Golden Bananas throughout the first three worlds much. Lanky's blueprint in Angry Aztec and a Chunky Golden Banana in Jungle Japes are the only things thus far. Her boss fight is also "optional" in the sense it does not unlock a new world by itself. Galleon's key will open Fungi Forest, however, even without Frantic Factory's key.

I know in Fungi Forest there is a gate with Tiny's feathers on it so that area will be a bust. You kind of need her in Crystal Caverns though due to the falling rocks and access to rooms but I will try clearing it without her and start Creepy Castle if possible. I think that's the point you need her to beat the game fair and square, though.

(and you can't reach Hideout Helm viably without Tiny anyway)

Replaying the game again made me realize how lacklustre obtaining the Golden Bananas can be at times. Play a "bonus" game, shoot this, play that, run there - taints my view of my first ever video game sadly.

Still love the immersive worlds, soundtrack and personalities, and collecting the other things is still enjoyable. I loathe Gloomy Galleon no matter how many times I replay it though - contrived gimmick with the switch puzzles that do nothing but halt progress and the camera with the swimming is not fun at all.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
That Kaptain picture on 4chan seems to be an edited version of this artwork. Beatuiful nonetheless, but a false alarm. Gives us a great idea at what K. Rool could look like in HD! Ive been ready for a new character for a while now, so hopefully August finally brings us the kroc!

cothero

Smash Lord
That Kaptain picture on 4chan seems to be an edited version of this artwork. Beatuiful nonetheless, but a false alarm. Gives us a great idea at what K. Rool could look like in HD! Ive been ready for a new character for a while now, so hopefully August finally brings us the kroc!
Yep. I've just discovered that the guy who made this is brazilian just like me, i'm so proud.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
I almost we'd get some new info so these nonsense leaks would all be debunked. Even if it's something grim like K. Rool being deconfirmed, as long as the leakers get put in their place.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Dang, that's really amazing. I don't have much attachment to DKC1, but I have a lot of attachment to DKC2, thus I've always preferred the Kaptain K. Rool design. My dream is to get Dixie and K. Rool in with The Flying Kroc as a new stage so I can re-enact this climactic battle in Smash.

Oh, this is my first post in this topic...While I am more of a Dixie fan, as I just said, I do want to see both her and K. Rool in. It would just be perfect to view the Fighters by Series page on the official site and see the stock icons for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and K. Rool all lined up for the DK series.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Yeah, these "updates" are driving me ba****e crazy. We're all tired of waiting, and Nintendo doesn't seem too much in a hurry to make a Direct happen or otherwise.

I get the feeling we're gonna get "quiet" updates (via the blog) a la Brawl.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
As a person who's been here balloting for K. Rool across forums since the first Brawl forums began, even with the other 2 games failing to bring him in.

I'm 100% certain he is going to be in this game.

The Ballot, Reddit, 4Chan, and numerous other outlets that just 10 years ago barely knew of him are now not able to even make a Leak without including his name in the roster. Not to mention getting his own Mii costume in original Rare form when he's been in retirement for some years now.

It is clear Sakurai has basically "Konfirmed" that adding in every veteran, as well as Ridley is showing he wants this to now be fan service.

Even the mechanics of the game are geared to bring Melee fans into the mix.

I don't know when the next direct will be, and nearly every leak so far has been false.

All I know is that he will for sure be in this game. I couldn't' say the same for Wii U, or Brawl.

This I can.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
View attachment 155009

That is the one of the most badass images of K. Rool I have seen. It looks so like a potential render for Smash. I would be extremely satisfied if this was the design we got.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I have Mario 64, DK 64, and Banzo-Kazooie. Out of the three, Mario 64 is by far the most enjoyable.

Banzo-Kazooie - Lighting is bad. Hard to see in some levels (notably the Dungeon). Controls can be difficult too. I think most of it is limitations for its time. Still a fun game but I never finished it. I feel that if this game was updated, it would be more enjoyable.

DK 64 - I agree the switching is a pain but it is better to see and get around. The switching characters is an interesting mechanic. My biggest complaint and reason why I didn't finish the game is the requirement to beat the classic arcade games.

Mario 64 - I got the 120 Stars. It is addicting, engaging, and the controls are decent. The music is great. IMO it is #3 in my all-time Mario game list (after SMB3 and Super Mario Galaxy).
I don't agree with your comment on the lighting in Banjo-Kazooie, though I'd say it can be a problem in DK64. I'd also say that the controls are better in Kazooie and are more deserving of the title "controls." I also found the worlds more engaging as they were more varied, detailed, and had their own mini-stories going on inside of them. DK64 is definitely very different from Mario 64 with its length, but I personally found it more enjoyable due to the same charm that the Banjo games had. To me, Mario 64 lacks this, as 90% of each mission is just whatever task you are given without any kind of world building. I also found the controls to be unruly at the times when precision was required, the camera didn't always cooperate, the music was iconic, but fairly bland excluding maybe 3 songs, and the game was far too easy until a large difficulty spike at World 14. The game is a barebones Banjo in hindsight and the only reason I can see for playing it now is nostalgia.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Replaying the game again made me realize how lacklustre obtaining the Golden Bananas can be at times. Play a "bonus" game, shoot this, play that, run there - taints my view of my first ever video game sadly.

Still love the immersive worlds, soundtrack and personalities, and collecting the other things is still enjoyable. I loathe Gloomy Galleon no matter how many times I replay it though - contrived gimmick with the switch puzzles that do nothing but halt progress and the camera with the swimming is not fun at all.
I found this out the last time I replayed DK64, which incidentally was only the second time I had ever played it, and the first time I ever beat it. As a kid, I recall the game being so massive, and having so much to do--so much so that I wasn't able to beat it back then during the week I rented it (in dinosaur times, when people still rented games from stores.)

But finally going back a decade or so later, I discovered just how uninspired a lot of the game is. Not just the banana missions, either--the aesthetic design of many places in the game seems very barebones after so many years of detailed environments with lots of decorations. Like, many of the indoor sections are literally just flat, squared corridors, and there is far too much open space with nothing in it. It just feels empty.

To be fair, a ton of N64 games look like that now though. Even Banjo Tooie, which I consider one of the better 3D collectathons of its time. Age has not treated these games well...

Still, there is a certain something about DK64 that calls me back. It's definitely not a bad game at all. It's got a lot of charm.

In fact, I may replay it myself soon. I've been compelled recently to play through the games of the characters I feel have a good chance for Smash; already been through SMRPG for Geno, and I'm playing through DKC for K. Rool and Dixie. I'm halfway through DKC3 right now, which I agree is criminally underrated, whoever it was that said that. Also, it may be worth noting that the only other time I replayed a game for a character I felt had a good shot in Smash, it was Xenoblade. And who then got confirmed?

Lol, kidding. I'm not psychic. Then again, like :ultshulk: , I may really be feeling it...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Assist trophies are usually the death sentence for most characters. Little Mac is the only character to be upgraded to a playable character and that is only because Punchout got a brand new game on Wii in 2009...only a year after Brawl came out. So it was obvious he would be playable.

King K. Rool as an Assist would pretty much not only obviously kill him off this game, but prevent him from being a DLC choice too. So we'd have to wait another 5+ or whatever years for the next Smash, and even then Assist trophies seem to doom most characters. That's why I'm glad neither Dixie nor K. Rool have been Assists since Brawl, I don't want to see their characters doomed like Waluigi, Lyn, Takamaru, Isaac, Midna, etc.

Assist Trophies are a curse in disguise for most characters. We'll see if Isabelle is upgraded to playable character when she was an Assist in Smash U, but even then she might just be an echo.
You are mixing up cause and effect.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Hey I know they said they aren't thinking about DLC yet but if our boy doesn't get in the base title there's always that to think about.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey I know they said they aren't thinking about DLC yet but if our boy doesn't get in the base title there's always that to think about.
DLC development needs to have a bigger amount of staff and time then last game for this. You can't build King K.Rool on top of preexisting fighters.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
I could see them focusing on third parties and Switch characters for DLC to be honest. Base game will be the place for the long term fan favourites.

Top Bottom