• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76855937

Something to worry about if Mr. G&W gets posted tomorrow on the Smash Blog.
"- Assist trophies are also shown off. Isaac, Magalor, Blue*, Celica, Chibi Robo, Lottie, DK Jr., The Helmasaur King, and King K Rool are all shown off in a compilation."
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76855937/905988216

IMPORTANT: READ THIS

Regardless of the veracity of this leak (it's fake btw), there is a significant chance Mr. Game & Watch will be revealed tonight. July 31 was the Japanese release date of Fire, and several blog updates have been timed to coincide with release anniversaries. Bowser Jr. was on Sunshine's anniversary, ROB was on his own anniversary, the F-Zero medley was on GX's anniversary. TC obviously knew this, and that's why he's banking on his reveal tonight. Don't buy into this one, even if Mr. Game & Watch is revealed tonight.

In short, even if Mr. Game & Watch is shown off tonight, don't buy this crap.

EDIT: Welp Travix beat me to it.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Blue as an AT sounds pretty unrealistic, but would Sakurai be so disrespectful to the all people who want such a requested character as K. Rool?
Let's not take it as being disrespected if K Rool is an AT... Sakurai doesn't make ATs to insult the fans of those characters. He does it to try and do what he can for them if they don't make playable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do you people assume characters are made into AT's specifically to piss people off. They are made for fanservice

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
"Regardless of the veracity of this leak (it's fake btw), there is a significant chance Mr. Game & Watch will be revealed tonight. July 31 was the Japanese release date of Fire, and several blog updates have been timed to coincide with release anniversaries. Bowser Jr. was on Sunshine's anniversary, ROB was on his own anniversary, the F-Zero medley was on GX's anniversary. TC obviously knew this, and that's why he's banking on his reveal tonight. Don't buy into this one, even if Mr. Game & Watch is revealed tonight. "

plane gif.gif

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
K. Rool being an assist over playable is ab ad thing. But K. Rool being an assist trophy over nothing would be a good thing. I'm thinking about it like the Mii costume. It's not mean to piss people off. It should throw us into "DLC" mode if it really happens.

Obviously though K. Rool being playable is what we should be hoping for.

Regardless, I don't believe this leak. I think the circumstances of "knowing" what is going to be posted on the blog today -- or guessing -- is an attempt by a troll to use an anniversary release of Game and Watch to try to tie in fake information about a direct. There is a troll out there that thinks they're very clever.

Last edited:

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
I don't specifically remember, but I believe some Nintendo official account accidentally posted the Game and Watch reveal early sometime a few days ago. Also, greetings from a returning Kutthroat from the Smash 4 days, glad to be back.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
I don't specifically remember, but I believe some Nintendo official account accidentally posted the Game and Watch reveal early sometime a few days ago.
Even if they didn't, as Sneasel points out in the thread Mr. G&W is a relatively safe prediction for today if you know your significant Nintendo dates.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm still calling BS on this "leak" as people have pointed out, character trailers are typically posted on anniversaries of their games. The rest is pure speculation. Remember how there was supposed to be a Direct last week that never happened?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Yea, plus that leak was made to rile people up, Celica, K. Rool, Chrom, Isaac all pretty big wishlist characters all getting thrown in and deconfirmed to have people up in arms... then piggy backs off the Verg leak a few days ago and then doesn't reveal a newcomer because he has no clue who he can say since he just said most of the common choices are ATs.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Yea, plus that leak was made to rile people up, Celica, K. Rool, Chrom, Isaac all pretty big wishlist characters all getting thrown in and deconfirmed to have people up in arms... then piggy backs off the Verg leak a few days ago and then doesn't reveal a newcomer because he has no clue who he can say since he just said most of the common choices are ATs.
Exactly. This was made by an anonymous troll to piss people off by having popular wishlist characters as ATs, but then doesn't say what new characters are coming aside from piggybacking Simon and Isabelle. Don't buy it even if Mr. Game and Watch's character trailer is shown tonight.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Yikes. I don't buy that leak one bit. It's like the too good to be true kinds of leaks, except the exact opposite. Sakurai doesn't go out of his way to disappoint fans, so to just have a bunch of requested characters as assist trophies be the highlights, seems odd to say the least. Maybe 1 or 2, but to just have all of them be heavily requested newcomers, just seems strange. On top of Chrom. Why turn him into an AT when he was already part of a Final Smash? That just seems like a pointless change. And it's not like Robin's FS dragged on thus needing a rework. It already conforms to the "get right to the point" style.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I hope it's fake but it's not unrealistic. Isaac could return as an Assist, Chibi Robo never had a chance of getting playable, and this is no different than Waluigi or Krystal or Takamaru or whoever being Assists.

The only hope I have is we've oddly never had DK Assist trophies before, so that's my small bit of hope for K. Rool.

In the event K. Rool is disconfirmed.....at least there's still hope for Dixie Kong? *hides*

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ummmm what. The absolute worst part of 64 is how it controls but you somehow think they are better than Kazooie's controls? I mean everyone has their opinions but seriously mate I super curious as to what makes Kazooie's controls difficult whereas 64 is decent in your eyes. Also, I never noticed any problem with the lighting or having any trouble seeing but experiences differ I guess.
You are probably right. I was underwhelmed by it but I played it by the time the Wii was out and it is harder going back and playing old games. I did play it on a N64. I find Mario 64 to be more aesthetically pleasing, easier to navigate, and overall a more enjoyable experience. Banjo Kazooie isn't a bad game by any imagination. It was just likely not my cup of tea. If I pick it up again, I may like it better.

I was underwhelmed by OOT when I first played it because I came off playing WW and TP before trying it. I have played it later and it is one of my favorite LOZ.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Also I don't expect any Fire Emblem characters on the base roster, the only new one we'll probably get is a new character from the upcoming Switch game, so seeing Fire Emblem characters as Assist is expected. We already have Lyn after all.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76855937

Something to worry about if Mr. G&W gets posted tomorrow on the Smash Blog.
"- Assist trophies are also shown off. Isaac, Magalor, Blue*, Celica, Chibi Robo, Lottie, DK Jr., The Helmasaur King, and King K Rool are all shown off in a compilation."
Even if game and watch reveals tomorrow

This is garbage

Besides his tricking you he's looking at the pattern on character reveal game and watch is a safe cause "fire anniversary" is tomorrow

cybersai

Smash Ace
If K. Rool is an Assist I'll just hope for full Dixie. I can't see Sakurai not giving DK any new reps this time.

In the event the worst case scenario really comes to pass, I really will be convinced Sakurai doesn't like Rares take on the DK franchise and only like retro DK from 1981. Diddy was probably only included because he absolutely had to.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
If K. Rool is an Assist I'll just hope for full Dixie. I can't see Sakurai not giving DK any new reps this time.

In the event the worst case scenario really comes to pass, I really will be convinced Sakurai doesn't like Rares take on the DK franchise and only like retro DK from 1981. Diddy was probably only included because he absolutely had to.
This.

I really want Dixie and K Rool, and I prefer the latter, but if Sakurai can only pick one and he deems Dixie more relevant. That’s okay. I just love DK and want more representation in general.

That being said something about the main antagonist of a major series being an AT rubs me the wrong way. Especially if they could be playable. Like imagine if Bowser or Ganondorf were ATs.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

This is what I've been saying ALL along...but apparently there is no bias. I'll wait and see first before pulling FULL judgement but granted it's just a theory....

cybersai

Smash Ace
Likewise if K. Rool is disconfirmed, then I believe the only way he'll ever be playable in the future is if Retro finally brings him back for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3....whenever that is.

I guess Sakurai doesn't want to bring K. Rool back before the DK series itself does. If that's the case Dixie at least better make it.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Nope. We need to separate 2 things.

K. Rool being an AT is possible. But that has nothing to do with this most likely fake leak. And K. Rool potentially being an AT does not mean that this leak has more credibility. Same goes with the other information in the leak. This isn't the only "plausible" leak out there based on the contents. That isn't enough scrutiny.

I don't believe this rumor because it seems very calculated and convenient. The leaker hinges their credibility on the Smash Blog covering Game and Watch.
That isn't secret knowledge though. In fact, it is something that a savvy Smash Bros fan could have predicted given the timing of other veteran coverage on the Smash Bros blog. As many have noted, the Smash Bros blog coverage coincides with historical games release dates. And most importantly here, the release date of the Game and Watch "Fire" game is July 31, which it already is in Japan at the time of writing.

So the leaker is trying to gain credibility by predicting something that anyone paying attention could do just with available public information. But most people don't care about this so a Game and Watch reveal tonight will sound like "secret knowledge" anyway.

This smells like a troll a mile away. A more elaborate troll since many people will jump the gun regardless -- it's a troll that plays to the preconceptions of the Smash community and the tendency to relish in negativity.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'm actually nervous guys...
I'm already ready for worst case scenario. It'll be the same for me as, "The great Ridley trauma of 2014."

If you were around for that, I expect it to be nearly as bad if K. Rool is disconfirmed this time. Being a Ridley or K. Rool fan is suffering...

I want to believe.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Everyone should be ready for the possibility of K. Rool not being playable in the base game, whether that means he's an AT or not. Every fan of every character. Speaking specifically to K. Rool though, I think he'll be fine, he'll be back in DK, regardless. And I think he still has a great shot for this game.

But that has nothing to do with the credibility of this particular rumor which is hinging its credibility on revealing information that wouldn't be extraordinary at all.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Helmasaur King? Really? That was a boss in LttP. The LBW had a different version called Gemesaur King.

Helmaroc King is much more well known - he showed up in HW

And while AT is a representation for characters and not meant as a diss, I can’t see pretty well all of the fan favorites relegated to AT.

And go figure, the only newcomers stated are the ones Vergy is identifying. What are the odds /s

Fake.

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
The leaker claimed that Peach has an entirely new final smash yet this screenshot posted to /v/ shows one of the fruits from her old one. AFAIK those only spawn from her final smash. Not entirely sure where it's from but this is definitely Bowser's Ultimate model.

EDIT: Smash Blog update, it was for the Fake Smash Ball item and not G&W. They could do a second post I guess but they haven't been doing multiple in one day as much.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The leaker claimed that Peach has an entirely new final smash yet this screenshot posted to /v/ shows one of the fruits from her old one. AFAIK those only spawn from her final smash. Not entirely sure where it's from but this is definitely Bowser's Ultimate model.

EDIT: Smash Blog update, it was for the Fake Smash Ball item and not G&W. They could do a second post I guess but they haven't been doing multiple in one day as much.
I can double dip

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Food

The only way to see peaches as food is from her final smash and only her final smash

cybersai

Smash Ace
So the site revealed Fake Smash ball as the update today, not Game and Watch's trailer.

So this is fake, thank god.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Yup, just what I thought. A fake leak started by a troll. Blog was about the Fake Smash Ball. My hoped for K Rool aren't dashed yet.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Do they ever post more than one update in a day?

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The Smash Blog could still update with Mr Game and Watch later today.

That could still happen. And you still wouldn't have any reason to believe this rumor. If the Mr Game and Watch update happens, that information would be predictable with public information. That happening would not be reason to believe this leak at all.

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
So the site revealed Fake Smash ball as the update today, not Game and Watch's trailer.

So this is fake, thank god.
I think they've done multiple updates in one day before, so it's still possible that Game & Watch will get a blog entry today, but even if he does, I would still consider this one a fake for all the reasons stated by our fellow kutthroats. (I can be pretty pessimistic about K. Rool sometimes, but even I don't buy this one at all.)

EDIT: Looks like InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand beat me to it, but I second his opinion.

Last edited:

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
Do they ever post more than one update in a day?
They have before, but they rarely do a fighter and an unrelated item on the same day (last time was Young Link and Krystal AT on July 4th). It's also worth noting that the fighter has been the first blog post of the day every time there's been multiple entries except for during E3 when the new fighters were being posted after E3 specific information.

cybersai

Smash Ace
4chan has had a lot of credible leaks posted, but of course a lot of fake ones. If you stick to the sections about videogames/cartoons/tv it's decent, just avoid all the obvious sections.

Top Bottom